Maybe next week thurday will announce the release date and in june will drop 

• Confused 1

I think everyone should just brace for the fact that, at this point, the most likely dropping point for the update is Friday, July 13th. 

*forum outrage ensues*

Yeah. I don't like it, either. But that's where we're at with this game.

50 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I'm gonna do new jobs that pay me before I do anything for free.

This why when doing work, at least for me on a freelance basis, you always take money up front but only a %. It keeps both me and the client invested in the project. 

Your insight to the problem to them being paid, essentially, everything up front is front is a frightening reality. 

15 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

I think everyone should just brace for the fact that, at this point, the most likely dropping point for the update is Friday, July 13th. 

*forum outrage ensues*

If they do do that then they aren’t going to have a lot of players because dead by daylights anniversary is that day or the 14th I think so....

1 minute ago, Horror fan said:

If they do do that then they aren’t going to have a lot of players because dead by daylights anniversary is that day or the 14th I think so....

That's just another reason for them to wait until then. That way they can rain on DbD's parade, too. 

Just now, Shadesofjoe said:

That's just another reason for them to wait until then. That way they can rain on DbD's parade, too. 

9000 online everyday > 700(max) online everyday I love this game I just don’t want another game to out do it

So rather than making their backers/player base happy by releasing the update, you're saying a better thing to do is try to get under the skin of a development team that has game that's beating the pants off this one?

Good plan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

So rather than making their backers/player base happy by releasing the update, you're saying a better thing to do is try to get under the skin of a development team that has game that's beating the pants off this one?

Good plan.

Exactly 

33 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Good plan.

I never said it was a good plan. All I'm saying is that past behavior is the strongest indicator of future results.

59 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

*forum outrage ensues*

If an update to a game releases, and there's nobody playing the game to realize it, does it make an impact?

• Haha 2

I never said it was a good plan. All I'm saying is that past behavior is the strongest indicator of future results.

Correct......You didn't say it was a good plan. You did however say what I quoted (in my prior post), and my reply was to re-word your offering and then sarcastically tell you it was a good idea. I'm sorry if you thought I was serious.

I'm also going to agree with you on what you said in the quoted post (above) and say I look forward to seeing more laughable posts from you in the future.

Good day, sir.

• Haha 1

This all stems from the developers having different definitions of "very soon" compared to the player base. For the player base "very soon" means yesterday, or it should be out already. For developers, "very soon" means a couple of months. 

On a side note, Shifty seems to get a little annoyed with people asking about the update every time he tweets something on his personal account. The update has became an all encompassing obsessions for some. 

5 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

giphy.gif

Looks like the update won't be out on the 26th. I assume they'll do something for the one year, but expect double xp and tapes.

Better luck In June, I guess.

Thanks for sharing this information. Hopefully they can give us a release date this Thursday .

• Like 1

Early 2019.

Maybe their gonna shove the 'new' NES Jason in the update to go along with the new counselor.

And pigs fly too!

3 hours ago, Mehtevas69 said:

Yep. We have lives too. But I work on Saturday. In fact, I work 6 days a week. When you have all this stuff set up for us to wait and wait and wait, while you're all off enjoying the money you made and your weekends, your game is dying. I haven't had the urge to play since you announced you guys wouldn't be doing any updates until the unreal engine switch. Thank goodness I come here to get news because I'd still be waiting for those dedicated servers back when you guys were allllmooossst ready to flip the switch on back in October. 

I have “family and lives and stuff” too. I also typically don’t work weekends. 

You better believe though, if I was doing a subpar job or an incomplete job.. that I’d be forced to finish my job or task. Yes even when it’s a weekend day. It’s another example of the lack of tact that exists with some of these official responses. That tweet response got under my skin a little. 

• Thanks 7

@BrokenFattHardy If it took you a year to finish my driveway, and you did a shitty job on top of it, I'd want my money back.

2 minutes ago, ColdArmy13 said:

That tweet response got under my skin a little. 

Did you feel really unimportant also? lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horror fan said:

Not only that,  DbD has a massive update in June with loads of changes in the game, more clothing for survivors, a new killer, a new survivor, a new map etc. I love both games and I am a massive fan of the f13 franchise, but at the moment my favourite is DbD.

1 minute ago, ColdArmy13 said:

I have “family and lives and stuff” too. I also typically don’t work weekends. 

You better believe though, if I was doing a subpar job or an incomplete job.. that I’d be forced to finish my job or task. Yes even when it’s a weekend day. It’s another example of the lack of tact that exists with some of these official responses. That tweet response got under my skin a little. 

i record and edit videos for people and its  very time consuming...I would NEVER talk to my clients that way.Dude has the right to be annoyed but that came off as really pissy.People want their game that they spent money on updated and the patience has worn thin to say the least.

"Hey, are you done with that video yet? You think you'll be done this weekend?"

Im working on your video but i uhhh l have a family and stuff....so i wont be able to produce it this weekend...

• Like 2

Doesn't mean May is out, but at this point I'm not really expecting May. As others have said, I don't want them to rush it and we get a buggy mess. I just wish if they know May is out they'd say it.

5 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

@BrokenFattHardy If it took you a year to finish my driveway, and you did a shitty job on top of it, I'd want my money back.

Substitute the words "video game" in place of the word "driveway". Now read it again.

(Pay attention Gun & IllFonic)

• Thanks 2

Maybe the next time DbD is 50% off I'll just bite the bullet. I think the last time it was that the game + all DLC was around $55. That's almost what I paid for F13 + all the DLC.

I won't uninstall F13 and at a minimum I will always fire it up for a little offline play once in a while. But honestly the community on Steam has dwindled to nothing, and, of that nothing a good chunk seem to be players happy to hack, cheat, team, and exploit the bugs. If only 100 players do it, then at times that's 1/3 of the people in game. 

28 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Correct......You didn't say it was a good plan. You did however say what I quoted (in my prior post), and my reply was to re-word your offering and then sarcastically tell you it was a good idea. I'm sorry if you thought I was serious.

I'm also going to agree with you on what you said in the quoted post (above) and say I look forward to seeing more laughable posts from you in the future.

Good day, sir.

Hey now. There's no need for the ad hominem. I'm just pointing out that this game was rushed to release (as evidenced by the massive launch issues) in order to beat DbD to consoles, so the company has already demonstrated that it's willing to adjust its release schedule in that regard.

I hope I'm wrong and it releases this week. But past results indicate that July seems a more likely scenario. 

2 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Hey now. There's no need for the ad hominem. I'm just pointing out that this game was rushed to release (as evidenced by the massive launch issues) in order to beat DbD to consoles, so the company has already demonstrated that it's willing to adjust its release schedule in that regard.

I hope I'm wrong and it releases this week. But past results indicate that July seems a more likely scenario. 

"Ad Hominem"

You're actually the second person to say this about something I've posted. Although I'm familiar with it, others may not be. Rather then having those people look up the definition, just call me an asshole or something. They'll know what you mean without needing Google.

1 hour ago, Horror fan said:

9000 online everyday > 700(max) online everyday I love this game I just don’t want another game to out do it

For me, those numbers are meaningless. 700 people online is still 692 more people than I need to play the game.

• Like 1