Jason Todd Voorhees

I Talked With Tom McLoughlin (Writer/Director) of Part 6

So I was happily invited to a Horror Convention known as "Day of the Dead" and I had a chance to talk to the Director and Writer of Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives himself Tom McLoughlin I was talking his head off about the movie and the franchise and I managed to get ALOT of Answers from his best-known knowledge since it has been about 33 years since the movie so I will make it simple and easy with the two questions I think you guys will like!

Question 1: "Do you believe that Jason is a Deadite from the evil dead series? or connected to their universe"

Tom Answer: "Uh No I do not believe Jason is an uh Deadite at all just a type of Zombie that still has his brain connected in a way that he still keeps his individual personality and emotions this was what the company also envisioned for the character."

Note: Yes for those who didn't know.....Jason is known as a "Revenant Zombie" he isn't a DEMON!

Question 2: "What was Jason dad initial real name? was it Elias? and did Jason supernatural abilities truly come from his father?"

Tom Answer: "No...It was never the intention of calling his real dad name Elias but I believe in my book it should have discussed this." *Tries to find the original page in his novel but it was the wrong one they placed on the table for him* "Well if you ever played the Game and had listened to the Pamela tapes, it talks about how she discussed being raped that was the original lore of what I wanted and that I have written where the man who had raped Pamela was a man of rage and hate and that she could see it in his eyes and that this is the real father of Jason and that this unknown character was the reason why Jason was so supernaturally powerful, and that the real reason Pamela married this Elias Voorhees was because of his large muscular body build and that Pamela only married Elias out of fear of Jason real father coming after her or Jason, and because of Elias abusive nature to Pamela had caused the deformity of Jason to explain that the abuse caused it."

I never fanboyed so hard in my life meeting this man and the other Part 6 Cast including Thom (Tommy),Kerry Noonan (Paula), C.J. Graham (Part 6 Jason) and Tom Fridley (Cort) and I even talked and got a signed Machete from Steve Dash and Met up with Derek Mears was amazing asking them questions and getting to know the real them!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

So I was happily invited to a Horror Convention known as "Day of the Dead" and I had a chance to talk to the Director and Writer of Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives himself Tom McLoughlin I was talking his head off about the movie and the franchise and I managed to get ALOT of Answers from his best-known knowledge since it has been about 33 years since the movie so I will make it simple and easy with the two questions I think you guys will like!

Question 1: "Do you believe that Jason is a Deadite from the evil dead series? or connected to their universe"

Tom Answer: "Uh No I do not I believe Jason is an uh Deadite at all just a type of Zombie that still has his brain connected in a way that he still keeps his individual personality and emotions this was what the company also envisioned for the character."

Note: Yes for those who didn't know.....Jason is known as a "Revenant Zombie" he isn't a DEMON!

Question 2: "What was Jason dad initial real name? was it Elias? and did Jason supernatural abilities truly come from his father?"

Tom Answer: "No...It was never the intention of calling his real dad name Elias but I believe in my book it should have discussed this." *Tries to find the original page in his novel but it was the wrong one they placed on the table for him* "Well if you ever played the Game and had listened to the Pamela tapes, it talks about how she discussed being raped that was the original lore of what I wanted and that I have written where the man who had raped Pamela was a man of rage and hate and that she could see it in his eyes and that this is the real father of Jason and that this unknown character was the reason why Jason was so supernaturally powerful, and that the real reason Pamela married this Elias Voorhees was because of his large muscular body build and that Pamela only married Elias out of fear of Jason real father coming after her or Jason, and because of Elias abusive nature to Pamela had caused the deformity of Jason to explain that the abuse caused it."

I never fanboyed so hard in my life meeting this man and the other Part 6 Cast including Thom (Tommy),Kerry Noonan (Paula), C.J. Graham (Part 6 Jason) and Tom Fridley (Cort) and I even talked and got a signed Machete from Steve Dash and Met up with Derek Mears was amazing asking them questions and getting to know the real them!

Nice work , man! Really interesting too!

1 minute ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Nice work , man! Really interesting too!

I wanted to Ask soooo many questions but to see other writers disagree with Adam marcus supports that Jason isn't a Deadite! :D

Nice! Funny thing is I was also at that convention (I got both him & Thom Matthews to sign my F13 Steelbook case and Thom made a funny joke essentially about how the Tom's rule since the only autographs I have on it atm are his, Tom McLoughlin's & Tom Savini's) though when I got to him (Tom McLoughlin) he wasn't all that talkative (then again it was late at night so he was probably tired and I'll admit I wasn't exactly mister talkative at that point either, though I did briefly chat with the assistant that he had there helping him out at his table about my backer Steelbook version of the game and he gave me some advice  on preserving it once I got it completely autographed that I definitely plan on following) and I honestly never really thought to ask him about the Pamela Tapes or how he got involved with the game (probably because it was so late  and I was tired), which thinking back on definitely would have been awesome to hear about.

10 hours ago, tav7623 said:

Nice! Funny thing is I was also at that convention (I got both him & Thom Matthews to sign my F13 Steelbook case and Thom made a funny joke essentially about how the Tom's rule since the only autographs I have on it atm are his, Tom McLoughlin's & Tom Savini's) though when I got to him (Tom McLoughlin) he wasn't all that talkative (then again it was late at night so he was probably tired and I'll admit I wasn't exactly mister talkative at that point either, though I did briefly chat with the assistant that he had there helping him out at his table about my backer Steelbook version of the game and he gave me some advice  on preserving it once I got it completely autographed that I definitely plan on following) and I honestly never really thought to ask him about the Pamela Tapes or how he got involved with the game (probably because it was so late  and I was tired), which thinking back on definitely would have been awesome to hear about.

Facts but Thom was open to share with me some information about return of the living dead part 1-2.

7 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Should have asked about the timeline lol. Good stuff in the OP.

I.....I forgot......