Sign in to follow this  
Ahab

Since when can Sweater Girl Stun Jason through a Door?

12 hours ago, Hancove said:

"Jason, mother is talking to you, I'm shitting right now, so please come back later because here it stinks the hell out of it". 

AAAAHAHAHAHAHA
I can finally say that I have a favorite post.

This has to be fixed though. The whole point of the sweater is that it's him seeing her. Some of the things in this game have to tell a bit of a story, otherwise we're just slamming collision boxes together. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

I get what you're saying.  I'm have never been a person say how something in a game "should" work, I just concern myself about "how" it work, and how to utilize it.  Once the Tommy confirm the kill prompt, the kill with go off without fail, regardless of Jason's and Tommy's position, leading to hilarious and somewhat sad looking kill sequences :lol:.  Could the devs fix/change this, perhaps, but I'd imagine to create additional variables to take account walls, door, rocks, etc will take additional work that we all would rather be first placed in other areas of the game.   The truth is once Sweater Girl and Tommy come together, Jason is screwed.  If you feel you're against such competent players, do everything to prevent that scenario from happening.

I agree completely... There are many other bugs and glitches that many people feel are game breaking. These need to be looked at first and foremost. Eventually... I hope... at least most of the bugs and glitches get cleaned up. They can only do so much after all and priorities need to be set... and I have patience. One day I hope to see a much more polished build of this game, but we may be waiting for some time for that. Some bugs and glitches are good for a laugh... there are a few that I will miss seeing when they are eventually removed from the game.

I do understand why the Jason kill should not necessarily adhere to needing the proper room to use it... too many Jason players would just stay where they know the kill would not trigger.

Jason is not always screwed when he looses his mask, but that depends on the circumstances... and skill (or luck) with throwing knives. With combinations of morph, sense, shift and stalk I have managed to be sneaky enough a few times to kill sweater girl with throwing knives from outside the range of the sweater stun... Without having to rely on a bug or glitch to save me... with Tommy beside her. I will still battle it out with whatever tactic I can come up with.
   Frankly, I think the kill should still work if Tommy is behind Jason, or to his left or right side... the angle of attack from his weapon should not matter... even if the same animation is triggered when done from a different angle... but I imagine there would be a few people that would complain about this without a kill animation added for a from behind or from the side kill on Jason. I think it is just the cinematic thrill of the face to face kill as the reason why you can only do it rom the front.
    Knowing something is in game and how it works makes it easy to plan around and make new tactics. I just have never seen this before last night and never gave much thought to whether or not it would work through a door or wall. I was surprised it did work that way... and even more surprised that I have never seen it happen before through all the games I have played. I have also never read anything about it in these forums, which is equally surprising considering the amount of reading I have done here.

It wasn't me that died as Jason here. I just thought it was a cheap tactic. They got pretty rude when I suggested it was cheap... Methinks they protestith too much. They may have even got a good jump scare on Jason if sweater girl had burst out of the bathroom before using the stun.... Now that would have been funny and worthy of posting on youtube... but I wasn't filming.... Syri was.

@Tommy86 Do you really believe that killing Jason like that through a wall was intended to be in the game? Seriously? My only problem with the door combat was the lack of realism to it, which is more laughably unrealistic than an undead slasher trying to kill you.
   More realism makes things better.... less realism makes it liquid cheese... but some things that are unrealistic need to be there for playability... like med sprays and counselors not dying on the first hit from Jason's axe. I would think the inept player is the one that cannot kill Jason face to face and has to put a wall between them... particularly with how easy it is to kill Jason without a wall between them. It is usually the person saying that someone sucks... who actually sucks. I merely called it a cheap tactic. These players were not inept and neither was the Jason player. As I stated above, the opportunity for giving Jason a jump scare would have been awesome.
   Although the stupidity of humanity never ceases to amaze me, I doubt there are many people stupid enough to actually attempt to hit someone with a bat (or whatever) through a door that the other person is bashing down with an axe.... and actually think it would work... and actually think they would not be gravely injured in the process. If there was someone that stupid in real life, I would call it nature's way of weeding out the stupid.

@WashingtonJones Exactly my point... It shouldn't work if Jason cannot see her.... it makes no sense otherwise, its not like Vanessa or Jenny (or any of the others) sound like his mother. Plus its the point of him seeing her in the sweater and mistaking her for his mother. When too many things make no sense, it turns the game... or the story... or the movie... into nothing but a joke. This was not meant to be a comedy... well maybe part 6.

@Ahab You are putting way too much thought into this. I am not sure how you are connecting door combat with sweater stun and you definitely are not understanding what I have said. Read it again if you must.

The people I was calling inept were the ones who couldn’t learn the simplest of techniques to counter door combat. I am not saying anyone needed to put a door between them and Jason to survive, but if their complaints indeed result in Jason not being able to combat stance doors at all as a side-effect, then that would be bad for everyone. Your time would be almost doubled getting into cabins.

I also posted that video just for a laugh honestly, and showing you that no matter what they do that kind of stuff will still happen. If Jason can fall through a solid wall (which was the main thing I was showing) then anything is possible. The game is a year old now pretty much, you should try to have some fun with it on its way out instead of focusing so much on “realism”.

26 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Your time would be almost doubled getting into cabins.

Another big thing we'll lose is the ability to move at a moment's notice. That was one of the first things I liked about combat stancing.

Learning mouse and keyboard is a nightmare and I tend fall into the animation on doors and it is certainly costing me.

BTW I've discovered that it might be possible to break a door CS style without being in CS. I can't replicate it though but when it happened it lasted for all 6 hits. 

I'll post a gif of it in little bit

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

Another big thing we'll lose is the ability to move at a moment's notice. That was one of the first things I liked about combat stancing.

Learning mouse and keyboard is a nightmare and I tend fall into the animation on doors and it is certainly costing me.

Good point I keep forgetting that. Hopefully they are not stupid enough to go this route for the change. How are you falling into the door animation though? You just CS + light attack. I thought PC had dedicated light attack key?

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

BTW I've discovered that it might be possible to break a door CS style without being in CS. I can't replicate it though but when it happened it lasted for all 6 hits. 

If you mean side-swiping out of CS, yeah you can do it but it’s not optimal, you have to keep adjusting position after each hit so you don’t get sucked into the anim. Plus it is not possible for all cabins because of obstacles. Unless you mean something else.

21 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

If you mean side-swiping out of CS, yeah you can do it but it’s not optimal, you have to keep adjusting position after each hit so you don’t get sucked into the anim. Plus it is not possible for all cabins because of obstacles. Unless you mean something else. 

You can just spin your camera the other way and break the door down outside of combat stance with out using the animation, is prolly what he means. 

As long as you don't see the E prompt, you won't do the normal door break animation. But I'm pretty sure you already knew that.

37 minutes ago, Man In A Pickle said:

You can just spin your camera the other way and break the door down outside of combat stance with out using the animation, is prolly what he means. 

As long as you don't see the E prompt, you won't do the normal door break animation. But I'm pretty sure you already knew that.

Yeah I do know that, but like I said no point in doing it when you can just CS + light attack. And if the change is made that you can no longer CS doors, then attacks out of CS won’t work either. It’ll be door animation or nothing. I don’t want to jump to conclusions but I imagine it can only be that, or Jason being invulnerable during the whole door animation.

Thankfully, I’ve only had people fail to make use of the sweater on me while playing Jason, (Tommy is already dead, they trigger the ability while I’m still getting up from being stunned, etc.) but being able to do it while not even being within vision of Jason is pretty ridiculous. Needs to be fixed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

If you mean side-swiping out of CS, yeah you can do it but it’s not optimal, you have to keep adjusting position after each hit so you don’t get sucked into the anim. Plus it is not possible for all cabins because of obstacles. Unless you mean something else

Minus the obstacles, a couple of Jasons can pull that off pretty consistently w/o getting pulled. But no, I was straight on the door. 

I go in and out of CS right before hitting the door. I could have glitched myself into a state by also hitting the shift key and/or the C key. It's hard to know what I did because I tend to flail a little on the keys at the moment. I also was tapping the mouse as if I was doing the light hit in CS.

46 minutes ago, Man In A Pickle said:

You're talking about turning perpendicular to the door and free swinging? Or spinning the camera 180 into Jason's face?

5 minutes ago, Tailypo said:

Thankfully, I’ve only had people fail to make use of the sweater on me while playing Jason, (Tommy is already dead, they trigger the ability while I’m still getting up from being stunned, etc.) but being able to do it while not even being within vision of Jason is pretty ridiculous. Needs to be fixed.

It's fine. You're pretty much dead anyways(unless the sweater stun doesn't want to work for some reason), at that point.  Just go hide in the water like every other jason if you don't want to "lose".

I said it once and I’ll say it again, this game has not had any maintenance in months, when that happens it gets more broken by the day, it’s at it’s all time worse right now, to where it’s sometimes a challenge to lock a door.

P.S thank  god for Thursday ... well overdue

1 minute ago, NytmereZ said:

it gets more broken by the day,

I experience that, unfortunately (for PC at least) reinstalling the game fixes a lot of weird things that pop up after awhile. 

8 minutes ago, Man In A Pickle said:

It's fine. You're pretty much dead anyways(unless the sweater stun doesn't want to work for some reason), at that point.  Just go hide in the water like every other jason if you don't want to "lose".

I don’t care about losing, really. There aren’t ranks to gain or lose in F13 so it’s momentarily frustrating at most. I’d just prefer the mechanics be coherent, both as a Jason and as a Counselor.

22 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I go in and out of CS right before hitting the door. I could have glitched myself into a state by also hitting the shift key and/or the C key. It's hard to know what I did because I tend to flail a little on the keys at the moment. I also was tapping the mouse as if I was doing the light hit in CS

Nah it’s not glitched state. What is happening is that it is still a combat stance attack, but combat stance is also being exited instantly. It is just a matter of timing, although I prefer the normal CS method since it is perfect for slight positioning left / right if I need to, so that only the door is being hit and not anything else (weapon can’t get stuck if you only hit the door). Plus if any counselor tries to sneak up behind you while you’re in CS, you will automatically turn to face them.

3 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Nah it’s not glitched state. What is happening is that it is still a combat stance attack, but combat stance is also being exited instantly. It is just a matter of timing, although I prefer the normal CS method since it is perfect for slight positioning left / right if I need to, so that only the door is being hit and not anything else (weapon can’t get stuck if you only hit the door). Plus if any counselor tries to sneak up behind you while you’re in CS, you will automatically turn to face them.

I was out of combat stance though and I was only hitting the left mouse click (I have to let go of the keyboard when breaking doors otherwise I can fuck it up) so there wasn't anything else to time it with. 

6 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I was out of combat stance though and I was only hitting the left mouse click (I have to let go of the keyboard when breaking doors otherwise I can fuck it up) so there wasn't anything else to time it with. 

Well you said you go in and out of CS right before hitting the door. So if you are timing it CS in > CS out > Swing all in fast succession, you may actually end up with CS in > Swing > CS out. But the swing will continue regardless of exiting CS. Unless you mean you only did it once and all swings after that were out of CS? 

Just now, Tommy86 said:

Well you said you go in and out of CS right before hitting the door. So if you are timing it CS in > CS out > Swing all in fast succession, you may actually end up with CS in > Swing > CS out. But the swing will continue regardless of exiting CS.

You can see it in the video. While walking up to the door I go into CS and then out, then I run into the door and start swinging. So I must've hit the Shift key to break it, which is why I ran. Once I make that initial swing, I am no longer touching the keys meaning I couldn't toggle CS.  

5 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

You can see it in the video. While walking up to the door I go into CS and then out, then I run into the door and start swinging. So I must've hit the Shift key to break it, which is why I ran. Once I make that initial swing, I am no longer touching the keys meaning I couldn't toggle CS.  

True, that is interesting then. I’ll have a look into it when I jump on next.

@Tommy86 Apologies if I offended... it was not meant that way. Your next post explained with much more clarity and I read the original again... text can easily be misinterpreted...
   I only mentioned the door combat fix as what I saw was done through a closed door. It depends on what they do to remove door combat... but who knows, this may get fixed with that... or not... I actually doubt this problem will be fixed any time soon.
   I agree that the combat stance on a door should not be removed. There is the question of why should we not be able to combat stance a door if we want to? There is nothing wrong with doing it.
   I always put a lot of thought into everything... it is just habit due to the niche in my trade. I am the guy that gets called to build what others could not figure out how to build, or fix mistakes that others could not fix. You would be surprised at how many times I get these types of calls over the years.
   I do try to have fun... but to me, the best games are the ones with the most realism. More realism (in certain areas) cannot hurt and may even help...  But I am fully aware there are other problems to fix first... I am demanding nothing, just suggesting. 

@Truth I did not realize it was always able to be done... I have never seen it at all up until last night and never read anything about it. I just thought it was weird... Also... You can dance if you want to...

@WashingtonJones Interesting way to knock down the door. But it only works with a couple Jasons? I will see if I can pull it off with part 4.

@Man In A Pickle There are tactics to fight with your mask off... I have killed sweater girl with Tommy beside her many times from outside the sweater stun range... throwing knives are a bitch... and I don't consider running and hiding an option my self... gathering more throwing knives though, that I will do. Dying as anyone in this game only lasts until the next match starts.

@Tailypo Well said... I prefer the mechanics to be coherent for both sides of play as well. Jason having to see sweater girl when she initiates the stun is how it should be... it makes no sense otherwise. I am hoping they fix the other glitches with the sweater stun eventually as well for even more coherent game play.
    Excellent portrait... Dr. Phibes was great... or Abominable as the case may be. I own part 1 and 2.... but have not watched them in quite a while. Vincent Price is still one of my all time favorite actors.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ahab said:

@WashingtonJones Interesting way to knock down the door. But it only works with a couple Jasons? I will see if I can pull it off with part 4.

That video is something else.

The other thing mentioned is if you stand to the left of the door, far enough away to not get pulled into the animation you can break the door down with free swings. 

I think it only really works with 7 and 8, but I'll have to check

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

That video is something else.

The other thing mentioned is if you stand to the left of the door, far enough away to not get pulled into the animation you can break the door down with free swings. 

I think it only really works with 7 and 8, but I'll have to check

I tried a few times with part 4 and even off to the side, he seems to get sucked into the animation every time. After weapon swapping is enabled with the update, I will try with part 7 and 8's weapon just to see if it is tied to the weapon. I will attempt it with part 7 later as well.
   Thanks.

On May 21, 2018 at 12:59 PM, CountYorgaVampir said:

Okay, then. Not sure what the franchise has to do with an unintended gameplay error, but whatever, man.  :rolleyes:

Don't you mean woman?

Yes, I'm that type of person that has to correct everything you say...

Don't judge me...

1 minute ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Don't you mean woman?

Yes, I'm that type of person that has to correct everything you say...

Don't judge me...

Nobody says “woman” just because they’re talking to a woman. Cheech and Chong sure don’t. Anyways, on a message board I don’t assume she is a woman anymore than I assume that you are the real Freddy Mercury risen from the grave. 

1 minute ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Nobody says “woman” just because they’re talking to a woman. Cheech and Chong sure don’t. Anyways, on a message board I don’t assume she is a woman anymore than I assume that you are the real Freddy Mercury risen from the grave. 

Tbh, i Don't know why i made that post. It was kinda stupid now that i think about it. :lol: