Sign in to follow this  
Ahab

Since when can Sweater Girl Stun Jason through a Door?

Just saw a group of Jason hunters get one. I thought they were using some good tactics. Tommy was in the house, Vanessa had the sweater and was hiding in the bathroom with the door closed.. she remained still to not give herself away with sound pings. I thought this was a very sneaky tactic as I watched them through spectate mode.
   Jason chased two others into the house and he was already demasked... suddenly, sweater girl stunned him... without opening the door. Needless to say... The Jason player was killed... without rage quitting.

Has anyone else seen this happen before? Is this a new glitch or bug that I have never heard of before? I did a search on this but found nothing similar.

Sweater Girl should need to be seen by Jason for the stun to happen. I thought it was a pretty cheap tactic myself (through the closed door at least)... Jason already had his mask off and was an easy kill with the sneaky tactics.... it would have been the perfect surprise Jason kill if sweater girl opened the door first.
   Now that I am thinking about it, this probably has something to do with the same mechanics that allow hitting Jason through doors... hopefully it is fixed with the next patch... as I said... Jason should have to see sweater girl for the stun to work.

• Like 1

Agreed hetting stunned by the sweater throigh a door is ridiculous

• Like 1

"Jason, mother is talking to you, I'm shitting right now, so please come back later because here it stinks the hell out of it". 

• Haha 3

Just now, Hancove said:

"Jason, mother is talking to you, I'm taking a big shit, so please come back later because here it stinks the hell out of it". 

Perhaps Pamela should be asking for the air freshener instead of actually stunning him through a closed door. The Jason would be compelled to find the nearest can of Lysol or something.

4 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Perhaps Pamela should be asking for the air freshener instead of actually stunning him through a closed door. The Jason would be compelled to find the nearest can of Lysol or something.

This could be more realistic lol 

• Haha 1

Definitely something that needs to be fixed, and obviously related to how councilors react in fear to Jason or corpses (“Is that a dead body?”) behind walls that they shouldn’t be able to see. Speaking of which, why doesn’t any of them react to the dead body of Rob in the bathroom?

Out of all the things in this franchise you people find THIS hard to believe? really?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Aksana said:

Out of all the things in this franchise you people find THIS hard to believe? really?

Okay, then. Not sure what the franchise has to do with an unintended gameplay error, but whatever, man.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ahab said:

Just saw a group of Jason hunters get one. I thought they were using some good tactics. Tommy was in the house, Vanessa had the sweater and was hiding in the bathroom with the door closed.. she remained still to not give herself away with sound pings. I thought this was a very sneaky tactic as I watched them through spectate mode.
   Jason chased two others into the house and he was already demasked... suddenly, sweater girl stunned him... without opening the door. Needless to say... The Jason player was killed... without rage quitting.

Has anyone else seen this happen before? Is this a new glitch or bug that I have never heard of before? I did a search on this but found nothing similar.

Sweater Girl should need to be seen by Jason for the stun to happen. I thought it was a pretty cheap tactic myself (through the closed door at least)... Jason already had his mask off and was an easy kill with the sneaky tactics.... it would have been the perfect surprise Jason kill if sweater girl opened the door first.
   Now that I am thinking about it, this probably has something to do with the same mechanics that allow hitting Jason through doors... hopefully it is fixed with the next patch... as I said... Jason should have to see sweater girl for the stun to work.

Though I've have my share of sneaky tactics, I never done this yet but I'm assumed it would work.  From my best guess, if Jason is within the radius of the sweater girl when she activates it, even behind her, Jason will get stunned.  Mechanically it functions is rather simple, and "fixing" it to take into account doors, walls, or other obstacles would require additional coding.  Knowing these devs, messing with it would likely break the sweater further, to much rejoice for Jason mains.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Though I've have my share of sneaky tactics, I never done this yet but I'm assumed it would work.  From my best guess, if Jason is within the radius of the sweater girl when she activates it, even behind her, Jason will get stunned.  Mechanically it functions is rather simple, and "fixing" it to take into account doors, walls, or other obstacles would require additional coding.  Knowing these devs, messing with it would likely break the sweater further, to much rejoice for Jason mains.

Instead of making the sweater function within a certain radius, they could probably change it to function more directionally, like aiming the shotgun. I mean, you can't shoot people through walls, can you? 

Probably not a glitch. I imagine it works off of radius. Bit of a cheap kill but there are the Cosby sweaterkill teams so not surprising really.

It's getting to the point where there is little to no incentive for a Jason player to not run away and hide in the lake for the remainder of the match, and this is just one more point to add to the frustration. Once the mask is off and the sweater is on you basically have to rely upon the sweater glitching out or Tommy messing up the kill in order to survive. Even if you are an expert knife thrower I doubt there are enough knives available to counter the multiple sprays sweater girl is likely carrying with the medic perk, not to mention the sprays that Tommy will give her if need be.

7 hours ago, Aksana said:

Awesome post.  Seriously, maybe the best post I've ever seen.  Damn, what an awesome reply.

43 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

I have nothing against sneaky tactics... this game is all about being sneaky on both sides of play. In the great many games I have played, I have never seen the sweater stun used, let alone work through a door or a wall. If Jason cannot see sweater girl from the front, behind or from the sides... it should not work. It doesn't matter which direction he can see her from... this is only a game... so long as he can see her... I just thought it was pretty cheap of sweater girl to not come out of the bathroom before using it. They did have him dead to rights in the first place already.
   There was also the point that the kill animation... just like Jason's kills... probably should not be starting without the proper room for the animation to complete. Tommy was clipping through the bathroom wall during the kill and wound up catching his breath inside the bathroom, with the door still closed.
    Perhaps when door combat is removed it will not work this way any more... we will have to wait and see. But I do not want them to mess it up either... I hope they get rid of the other glitches involved with the Jason kill as well, eventually at least.

@Aksana Actually, the list of things that require a voluntary suspension of disbelief in this franchise is pretty short... considering how many movies there are. Jason, whether it be that he is undead or just his inhuman resilience... Roy's inhuman resilience... Tina's super powers... The Necronomicon from part 9 and the demonic aspects... and the Sci-Fi aspects of Jason X... Other than these, the entire franchise is fairly realistic... unless I missed one or two that would probably fall under what I already listed anyway.
   Voluntary suspension of disbelief is out the window and makes any story ridiculous when the story is not grounded with as many realistic aspects as possible. For instance... If the counselors had laser guns in ANY of these movies (before Jason X... it may have actually worked in that one), there would have never been a sequel beyond that...
   I can say the same about the entire Night of the Living Dead franchise.... the only unbelievable part of these movies was the simple fact that the dead were rising.

2 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I have nothing against sneaky tactics... this game is all about being sneaky on both sides of play. In the great many games I have played, I have never seen the sweater stun used, let alone work through a door or a wall. If Jason cannot see sweater girl from the front, behind or from the sides... it should not work. It doesn't matter which direction he can see her from... this is only a game... so long as he can see her... I just thought it was pretty cheap of sweater girl to not come out of the bathroom before using it. They did have him dead to rights in the first place already.
   There was also the point that the kill animation... just like Jason's kills... probably should not be starting without the proper room for the animation to complete. Tommy was clipping through the bathroom wall during the kill and wound up catching his breath inside the bathroom, with the door still closed.
    Perhaps when door combat is removed it will not work this way any more... we will have to wait and see. But I do not want them to mess it up either... I hope they get rid of the other glitches involved with the Jason kill as well, eventually at least.

I get what you're saying.  I'm have never been a person say how something in a game "should" work, I just concern myself about "how" it work, and how to utilize it.  Once the Tommy confirm the kill prompt, the kill with go off without fail, regardless of Jason's and Tommy's position, leading to hilarious and somewhat sad looking kill sequences :lol:.  Could the devs fix/change this, perhaps, but I'd imagine to create additional variables to take account walls, door, rocks, etc will take additional work that we all would rather be first placed in other areas of the game.   The truth is once Sweater Girl and Tommy come together, Jason is screwed.  If you feel you're against such competent players, do everything to prevent that scenario from happening.

• Like 1

@GeneiJin Well said as always, I agree. This is really a non-issue IMO, I don’t see what all the fuss is about.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

SOON she wont be able to.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Are you memeing or do you know something we don't, please share.

2 minutes ago, Man In A Pickle said:

This tactic is a counter to jasons who just run away like babys when they see the two together normally. Nothing wrong with it.

Agreed, I also have tactics involve hiding ether Tommy or Sweater Girl from Jason.

4 minutes ago, Man In A Pickle said:

This tactic is a counter to jasons who just run away like babys when they see the two together normally. Nothing wrong with it.

1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

I'm not sure what you mean.  Are you memeing or do you know something we don't, please share.

Door Combat is officially removed in next update.

Just now, F134Ever86 said:

We are all aware of that.  Details on what has been changed to achieve this isn't known yet as far as I know, and nothing has been said addressing this topic, Stunning with the Sweater though doors.

12 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

That has nothing to do with this.

What I believe they are doing for doors is simply taking away the ability to combat stance them, in which case counselor won’t be able to hit Jason, and Jason will only be able to use door breaking animation to break them. Just like interior cabin walls operate. Most likely say goodbye to combat stancing doors as Jason which will be a huge loss because some people were too inept to learn simple anti-door combat technique.

Jason will still be able to be killed or stunned with sweater through walls / windows / whatever, just like this -

• Haha 1

@Ahab

Since always. I've seen him be killed while the sweater girl and Tommy were in a bedroom upstairs in Packanack with Jason on the other side of the wall. I've also accidentally used the sweater while he was outside the cabin. Deborah just wanted to dance...

• Haha 1