Sign in to follow this  
BigJay

Make the flare gun go back to its original use and replace it with a handgun

The flare gun was only supposed to be used for spotting Jason on the map and not for stunning Jason. I think that the flare gun should go back to being used for only spotting Jason on the map and it should be replaced with a handgun.

There would be two handguns on each map and both start out with one shot but there are 4 other bullets in drawers that can be found anywhere on the map. When you have one of the handguns in your possession, the bullets in your inventory will be applied to your handgun. After one shot, there will be a reload animation. For balance purposes, each shot on Jason only stuns him for 3 seconds but if it were to be a headshot, Jason will then be stunned for 6 seconds.

• Like 1

I like the idea of having a handgun. Given a shotgun has 1 use, so should a handgun (revolver). All shots must land in order to get a stun (last shot). Each consecutive shot will slow Jasons movement. The purpose for a revolver would be to buy time for others to escape/work objectives.  

Edited by F134Ever86

I love this idea! The flare gun should still be found in drawers and shot in the sky, leaving a red glow in the area. The handgun shouldn't spawn frequently for troll reasons or whatever, but what about the shotgun? Should it have more than more round?

9 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

But what about the shotgun? Should it have more than one round?

I would say to keep the shotgun at being a single shot. If there were to be more shotgun shells on each map, that would be a royal pain in the ass for Jason. The handgun can come with more bullets but only one bullet in the chamber and then a reload. A 3 or 6 second stun wont be too much of a impact on Jason after a handgun shot. 

No. It's a dumb idea. It's reasonable to assume that flare guns are single shot. It's bad enough the shotguns are shit one shot crap, we don't need single shot pistols. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BigJay said:

I would say to keep the shotgun at being a single shot. If there were to be more shotgun shells on each map, that would be a royal pain in the ass for Jason. The handgun can come with more bullets but only one bullet in the chamber and then a reload. A 3 or 6 second stun wont be too much of a impact on Jason after a handgun shot. 

The shotgun is a nuisance sometimes. What if you could use the butt as some sort of a bat or weapon? What about when you shoot Jason, he does that little stutter thing like in part 6?

This is a summer camp, not a military base. The flare gun is practical and fine as is.

• Like 2

Just now, doitagain said:

This is a summer camp, not a military base. The flare gun is practical and fine as is.

I just want it to at least be shot into the air and make the area glow red, like in the beta. Or maybe have the option to put it in your inventory.

• Like 1

Just now, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

I just want it to at least be shot into the air and make the area glow red, like in the beta. Or maybe have the option to put it in your inventory.

Yea same the glowing red sky was awesome I wish they’d patch that back in.

Just now, doitagain said:

Yea same the glowing red sky was awesome I wish they’d patch that back in.

They should honestly. What's the point of shooting the flare into the sky if it isn't going to make a "mark" left behind?

I'd be fine with this as long as they subbed out knives for bullets. Having 6 pocket knives, 3 shotguns, 2 handguns with 4 bullets is a bit too much. But if it was only 3 knives in each map along with 3 bullets is fair. Let's remember the goal of each match is to ESCAPE. It's Friday The 13th, not Call of Duty. You put too many weapons in where everyone is armed to the teeth then Jason isn't scary anymore.

I think maps such as Camp Forest Green should have handguns given the fact that they have a police station there. 

It's not like the Flare Guns are accurate anyway. Half the time the damn flare shoots way too far to the right or just way too far away from the crosshair. Even though I have the Flare Gun aimed towards an open doorway Jason broke down, the flare still hits the wall next to it. 

I like the idea of being able to find shells/bullets in the drawers. Also, instead of the shotgun being useless after firing how about being able to use it as a melee weapon? Id rather swing a shotgun around then a pot or branch...

@BigJay Why?

I understand suggesting handguns, but why bother changing the flare gun?

My opinion, is like the flare gun to also show Jason’s ability so you can strategically fix things while shift and morph is recharging.

i totally think a handgun is a good idea. I think it should have a random chance of stub similar to hitting him with a bat based on stats and stun resistance. 

considering all characters who used a handgun on jason ended up dead i don't see how practical they would be in the game, plus weren't the develops dead set on not having them in the game?

7 hours ago, Truth said:

@BigJay Why?

I understand suggesting handguns, but why bother changing the flare gun?

Just so that Jason doesn't have too many weapons he can get stunned with which would be irritating for the Jason player. I feel that if the flare gun would be taken out as a stunnng weapon, then things will be more balanced between both sides. 

2 minutes ago, BigJay said:

Just so that Jason doesn't have too many weapons he can get stunned with which would be irritating for the Jason player.

But you want to add 6 more stuns... Have you thought this through?

8 hours ago, FilthyCasual523 said:

So... you want to make Jason even less threatening than he already is?

You may want to play a different game, OP.

No, that was not my intention at all! I am a Jason main and always have been. I would want to see a handgun added so that a bit of variety can be added to the game. Also a 3 second stun will not have a huge impact on Jason from one bullet. I also suggested that the councelor would have to reload the weapon so that Jason can't get repeatedly shot.

If he gets hit with all six rounds, thats 18 seconds, which is exponentially longer than any other stun. Maybe if the reload was a QTE.

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

But you want to add 6 more stuns... Have you thought this through?

Yeah, but the handgun only would be a 2-3 second stun which I feel wouldn't leave a huge impact on Jason. And also there would be like a 10-15 second reload animation which would make Jason not get shot repeatedly.