Lexandremon

Macro "E" Key Hackers (Salt Mines my new Home)

Too many E presses in a time frame causes your counselor to struggle so hard they have a heart attack.

6 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Why anyone would come on here and willingly admit to using macros is beyond me. You're painting a target on yourself saying 'come here and ban me!'.

What's the banning process with this game? Someone has to catch you cheating, record a video of it and send it to them, right?

How would anyone know I'm using a macro if I set it to a normal, believable speed?

The whole point of me wanting to use it is because I don't have the capability well enough with my left hand....that's the fret hand; the rhythm is in the right. 

But, before seeing this, I was gonna come on here to say that I've found that I can cross my right hand over quick and mash with that. Now I'm even faster than I am with the controller (thanks masturbation), which would have been the speed I set for the macro. I actually would have been setting myself back if I used it.

Don't worry about me. I'm too good at this game to have to cheat.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

The whole point of me wanting to use it is because I don't have the capability well enough with my left hand....that's the fret hand; the rhythm is in the right. 

I was just about to bring up that people have legitimate uses for macros and the such, people with disabilities for instance who would like to play the game like everyone else.

It is funny everyone starts getting riled up and totally skipped the fact you said you would set it to the same speed as you normally average. So how is that cheating? ?

• Thanks 1

I see no problem with it. It's up to devs to build in caps for that sort of thing. Macro tools are way too common (and included with all Razer software) that you really can't penalize the player for using it.

It's not a cheat. It has very legitimate uses. If the devs don't want it abused, they can set a keystroke limit or you know...not put button mashing shit into games anymore.

A QTE much like repairs would be better for those instances. Then you could also actually escape Jason's grip if you did the QTE perfectly.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

I see no problem with it. It's up to devs to build in caps for that sort of thing. Macro tools are way too common (and included with all Razer software) that you really can't penalize the player for using it.

It's not a cheat. It has very legitimate uses. If the devs don't want it abused, they can set a keystroke limit or you know...not put button mashing shit into games anymore.

A QTE much like repairs would be better for those instances. Then you could also actually escape Jason's grip if you did the QTE perfectly.

Does this means that i'm allowed to donwload and use it?
Because playing without, against people who use this, is just stupid.

1 minute ago, Lexandremon said:

@[IllFonic]Courier  @ShiftySamurai where does this stand? I've never personally seen anyone clearly using macros. But it's a good question.

Is there a keystroke limit on E (or A on controllers)? Or is is uncapped?

Macro use can't technically be punished can it? It's almost a standard in PC gaming.

2 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

What's the banning process with this game? Someone has to catch you cheating, record a video of it and send it to them, right?

How would anyone know I'm using a macro if I set it to a normal, believable speed?

I obviously don't work there and don't issue or handle game bans, but I'm pretty sure that if the devs have actually stated it's ban worthy then whoever's using them runs the risk of getting banned. I don't know how they'd see who's using one, unless there's something to detect an unnaturally fast amount of keystrokes? 

My point is just follow the EULA. It's what people agreed to when they started playing the game.

• Thanks 2

On 5/21/2018 at 3:45 AM, Lexandremon said:

If this "Macro Key Hackers" don't be fixed with this new patch, Salt Mines will be my home.
If i grab someone, and this person escapes instantly, my quit will be instantaneous as well, and i just don't care :)

Only today, I played 5 games against these hackers, after a while I gave up and closed the game.

Has anyone else been dealing with these hackers too? Is this frequent?

That's why salt mines are not a good idea. You're going to pay for something that the devs should have fixed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kodiak said:

I My point is just follow the EULA. It's what people agreed to when they started playing the game.

too many people in 2k18 think that things like an EULA are just guidelines. you know, enforced rules could offend some people so they can´t really exist in the current zeitgeist. at least not in the reality of some people...

woulnd´t be a problem if the devs would actually ban cheaters, tough.

Putting a speed limit on the escape grab/trap mechanic is shitty, imho. You're punishing us who tap extremely fast.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, coconuts622 said:

Putting a speed limit on the escape grab/trap mechanic is shitty, imho. You're punishing us who tap extremely fast.

Dude you're not as fast as a computer.

15 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

@[IllFonic]Courier  @ShiftySamurai where does this stand? I've never personally seen anyone clearly using macros. But it's a good question.

Is there a keystroke limit on E (or A on controllers)? Or is is uncapped?

Macro use can't technically be punished can it? It's almost a standard in PC gaming.

It can be because it violates the EULA and is cheating by going faster than a game mechanic intended.

1 hour ago, coconuts622 said:

I agree that limiting only punishes good tappers while also removing any real skill from the mechanic. Limiting still allows macro players to obtain the best possible results with no effort at all. That's a problem. It needs to be changed to a QTE, Tecmo Bowl kick off bar, or a randomly selected 3 button combination that must be cycled. These options require skilled input that cannot exploited by the use of macros.

The same is true for Jason's stun and shake off 'E' prompts. These should be addressed in a similar fashion. The emphasis should always be on rewarding skilled input from the player. That means making all game mechanics macro-proof.

16 hours ago, Lexandremon said:

This is the exact same logic that caused the steroid crisis in baseball. Are we going to have an 'E' macro crisis on our hands soon?

1 hour ago, gyaaft said:

I agree that limiting only punishes good tappers while also removing any real skill from the mechanic. Limiting still allows macro players to obtain the best possible results with no effort at all. That's a problem. It needs to be changed to a QTE, Tecmo Bowl kick off bar, or a randomly selected 3 button combination that must be cycled. These options require skilled input that cannot exploited by the use of macros.

Great post. Well said.

Either you remove mashing from the game, or you suck it up and deal with possible macros.

Should someone like me use it? No, and I don't. But if someone has a handicap that doesn't allow them to mash E, or even someone who is right handed (most people)...sure. I'm lefted handed. I still can't mash fast enough to get out, and I'm Jason can probably still kill you before the macro gets you out, too.

Putting a hard cap in the game completely contradicts having the mechanic to begin with.

The best solution is to change it to a QTE on the mouse, like repairs. Let's say 2-5 clicks depending on the counselors stats, and they come up in quick succession. Not like a circle like repairs...So if you have a great counselor for escapes, you could wiggle free if you get both clicks corrects. Seems easy, but they would be faster than most people can react...I like it better than mashing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrandMoff said:

Dude you're not as fast as a computer.

Did I ever say I was? Reading comprehension 101 I see in your future. But I guarantee I'm faster than 95% of the gamer population. So to punish me and others who tap fast is kind of garbage. Either don't do a thing, or as some others stated - make it a QTE, which I'm fine with with. But to put a speed limit on the mechanic is dumb. All I'm saying. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coconuts622 said:

Did I ever say I was? Reading comprehension 101 I see in your future. But I guarantee I'm faster than 95% of the gamer population. So to punish me and others who tap fast is kind of garbage. Either don't do a thing, or as some others stated - make it a QTE, which I'm fine with with. But to put a speed limit on the mechanic is dumb. All I'm saying. 

No you didn't say it, however you implied it whether it was intentional or not. Part of reading comprehension is understanding the implied meaning of the written word.  It is literally part of English 101. Also your response shows an exceptional ignorance of how macros and computers function in general.

So lets say you're the fastest button masher on the planet, you are still not even a fraction as fast as a macro-ed computer. So in that giant gap between your actual rate of button presses and the near "constant" (so fast as to be imperceivable by humans) input of the macro is where the threshold would be set.

Now I do agree with gyaaft, that it should be a QTE or other skill based game. Anything that removes button mashing from any game is a plus in my book.

3 hours ago, GrandMoff said:

No you didn't say it, however you implied it whether it was intentional or not. Part of reading comprehension is understanding the implied meaning of the written word.  It is literally part of English 101. Also your response shows an exceptional ignorance of how macros and computers function in general.

So lets say you're the fastest button masher on the planet, you are still not even a fraction as fast as a macro-ed computer. So in that giant gap between your actual rate of button presses and the near "constant" (so fast as to be imperceivable by humans) input of the macro is where the threshold would be set.

Now I do agree with gyaaft, that it should be a QTE or other skill based game. Anything that removes button mashing from any game is a plus in my book.

Wow. Thanks for the lesson that I already knew by the way. What in my post made you think I'm an idiot? Never said I was faster than a pc, yet you decided that's what I meant. I implied nothing. What I say is what I mean. But I'm done arguing with you because you don't understand my words. Have a good day sir. 

Turn the struggle mechanic into a "guitar hero" style qte.

The progress bar still very slowly progresses, yet hitting the correct buttons in sequence speeds up the progress. Missing a prompt slows it back down to base speed but you still have a chance to keep going and get the next prompts.

24 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Turn the struggle mechanic into a "guitar hero" style qte.

The progress bar still very slowly progresses, yet hitting the correct buttons in sequence speeds up the progress. Missing a prompt slows it back down to base speed but you still have a chance to keep going and get the next prompts.

Like, repair QTE?