HTMLRulezdOOd1

Do people not know to pocket knife traps?

So I was playing as Jenny and the Tommy spawns right by me. I have the phone fuse and a knife.  I flash my light at him and said "hey come help me do the fuse box".  The box was double trapped so I use my one knife on one and I tell him to use his on the other.  He proceeds to hug the wall and step right into the trap and then Jason shows up... Both dead pretty quickly after as we were the last two.  This guy was a level 63 as well. Is it generally not known that you can use knives on traps??

It's not that they don't know how to use them on traps, they are just selfish and would rather keep it as a get out of jail free card for themselves.  On the other hand, with Medic and Thick skin, it's pretty easy to tank traps especially if you're a fast character who can step in a trap, break out, heal and run away before Jason can catch you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I had no idea you could do that. I thought only tommy could disarm... 

::face palm::

Well, now that issue is cleared up, who wants cake?

• Haha 6

who would waste pocket knives on traps? not a sane person of course, if you have a spray you just walk over the trap, pocket knives are very valuable and sacred in this game

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

who would waste pocket knives on traps? not a sane person of course, if you have a spray you just walk over the trap, pocket knives are very valuable and sacred in this game

It doesnt alert Jason to you setting off the trap. Which is very valuable when there's only two of you left 

15 minutes ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

But what if you're the last person alive and the car is trapped RIGHT at the exit?

20 minutes ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

Using the knife is stealthier. So I'll use the knife If I think I can fix the phone without messing up.

I prefer if Jason doesn't immediately come to attack me while I secure an exit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

For me personally, its a better strategy to hang on to the pocket knife. Say the phone is trapped and you have a pocket knife, and your teammate has the fuse, but someone else also has car parts. I'd rather tank the trap, bringing Jason to me and allowing my teammate to quickly work on the car. IF I get grabbed while I'm purposely distracting Jason, I have a get out of jail free card. Then, when Jason leaves to deal with the car, the fuse is free to put in too.

Getting Jason's attention isn't a bad thing if you're working with a team.

Most players would rather use thick skin or med sprays which I find ridiculous because most of the time Jason is distracted till someone refuses to use a knife at the phone or car and then screws everyone else. 

If Jason shows up there is a 50/50 chance he gets your knife... if you use your knife there is a 50/50 chance you disarm the trap and repair without an error.

Use the knife on the trap and go for the repair...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

I usually tank most traps. Knives are too precious to waste on a trap unless it's just one.

False.

Tanking traps is only wise if you know Jason won't be back on you quickly. Knives aren't that precious unless you're a bad team player.

• Like 2

Sorry, but I won't waste my knives with traps. But I use Thick Skinned and spray perks so I'm always helping anyway. 

I had a Tommy watch me put the battery and the gas in the four seater, then he watched me disarm the trap on the driverside door before I got in the car he stepped in the trap on the passenger side of the car.

Before the car was started Jason showed up. 

I thought about explaining to him afterwards that all I had to do was move the car if he wanted to get in, but he rage quit when Jason grabbed him a second time.

If you begin the habit of considering and preparing for all possibilities of a situation, then tanking traps more often is viable.  

First off, tank with a purpose. Don't ever think Jason won't show, so if you're not prepared to tank, don't tank. 
Tanking is a great distraction and it weakens Jason's determination for doing anything else.

Know exactly what you're going to do and where you're going to go after you button mash the trap off.

If you're with a person, even better. It even helps if they suck because you can use them as bait for Jason so you can get away easier. But if you're with a good player that's communicating, then tanking is much less risky. 

Remember, don't be afraid to tank. Don't be afraid to leave doors open. The people who fail at it are simply not used to it and the thought of doing those things creates enough anxiety to cloud their judgment. The more you do it, the better you'll get and the less you'll have to worry about a lot of stupid shit.   

I run medic these days just to tank traps since nobody will. There was one snarky player the other day who was Deborah and REFUSED to tank the one trap on the phone box because they “only have one med spray and don’t wanna waste it”............... just the selfishness in this game. I found the fuse and ran it there and she just utterly refused. So I tanked the trap and had to install the fuse myself as Tiffany, fucked it up of course on the last one it was going so fast, alerted Jason and we never got the cops called. 

Not sure how many people are unaware of being able to disarm traps. But alot of people won't because they're desperate to hang on to that knife. To me there's not really a right or wrong answer to the should I disarm traps with my knife question. It's all situational. If I got a knife and the fuse you'd better believe that traps getting popped and cops getting called. In the case of just two of them left it'd depend on how much time was left whether I'd try for the cops or go for surviving the night.

• Thanks 1

For me it's between alerting Jason or not. I use the knife on the phone all the time because I don' want Jason coming around, I also don't want him thinking we are pushing it. If he is busy chasing someone else down, and hears that trap go off, he morphs over, no trap queue, and the cops are called and he's too late.

13 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I run medic these days just to tank traps since nobody will. There was one snarky player the other day who was Deborah and REFUSED to tank the one trap on the phone box because they “only have one med spray and don’t wanna waste it”............... just the selfishness in this game. I found the fuse and ran it there and she just utterly refused. So I tanked the trap and had to install the fuse myself as Tiffany, fucked it up of course on the last one it was going so fast, alerted Jason and we never got the cops called. 

First you should've given the fuse to the Deborah and told her to put it in. Then tank the trap and then protect her when she's putting it in. 
If she refuses to fuse it, then don't do it by yourself. Or do it with the intention of bailing quick and getting her killed instead. 

Tank wisely and you won't run into problems like this.   

3 hours ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

So I was playing as Jenny and the Tommy spawns right by me. I have the phone fuse and a knife.  I flash my light at him and said "hey come help me do the fuse box".  The box was double trapped so I use my one knife on one and I tell him to use his on the other.  He proceeds to hug the wall and step right into the trap and then Jason shows up... Both dead pretty quickly after as we were the last two.  This guy was a level 63 as well. Is it generally not known that you can use knives on traps??

reason 1,526 why the medic perk should be taken out of this game. Hey look, there is a trap on the car, oh well looks like I have to use 1 of my 4 sprays. Plus if you get rid of the 4oo sprays, throwing knives might actually be useful again. But that's a whole other argument.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, humerabi said:

reason 1,526 why the medic perk should be taken out of this game. Hey look, there is a trap on the car, oh well looks like I have to use 1 of my 4 sprays. Plus if you get rid of the 4oo sprays, throwing knives might actually be useful again. But that's a whole other argument.

The other day I was consistently hitting running counselors from 3 cabins away with knives. I felt so good that it didn't even bother me that they healed.

It doesn't matter anyway because you can't heal the fear of God when it's in you, because that's what happens to a counselor when you hit them like that from that far away.

The sense of strength and threat that you radiate after that is more effective than even the fear mechanic.

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

False.

Tanking traps is only wise if you know Jason won't be back on you quickly. Knives aren't that precious unless you're a bad team player.

i’d rather tank traps than use a knife. especially since all jason has to do is look at the map and see it’s disarmed. i used my knife once and almost got the call done when jason came and killed me. woulda gotten away at least if i had the knife to spare. 

Just now, Riot_Dame said:

i’d rather tank traps than use a knife. especially since all jason has to do is look at the map and see it’s disarmed. i used my knife once and almost got the call done when jason came and killed me. woulda gotten away at least if i had the knife to spare. 

Sshhh...you're a different animal, Riot_Sticks :P

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

You must be a new player, who thinks the object of the game is to fight Jason,  if you are experienced, you don’t need a free life to try an escape, when I’m Jason I always slash until someone is limping, doesn’t matter if you have a knife, you have a much better chance of escaping if you don’t alert Jason.

• Like 1