Alright! A lot of people on this forum are fans of slasher movies. I am one of those people. A lot of people are fans of vs discussions. I am one of those people. So I have elected to start a blanket discussion on the matter.

So here's how it's gonna go. I'll start by listing a vs match between two slasher villains. We'll discuss it until a general consensus is reached, or the conversation runs out of steam. Then I'll mark the winner ON THIS POST, with a caveat likely elaborating on why, and possible reasons the loser might of won instead. I shall do my best to remain unbiased, and in general accept popular opinion. After that, I'll let everyone else suggest the next topic by PMing me directly. Whichever seems the most appropriate, interesting, and/or popular, I'll mark on this post as the official discussion. Rinse and repeat until everyone loses interest. As always, keep it civil. We're trying to have fun.

Do keep in mind when suggesting a match that the battle should be interesting and, on the surface at least, even. No one wants to see Ghostface vs Michael Myers. Also keep in mind, this is a discussion on who would win in a fight. NOT on which is the better character, or which one you like more. For all intents and purposes, ALL fights take place in an area equally beneficial to both slashers. Neither is aware of the other before meeting, but both are equipped with their best gear. It's a battle to an end of movie state. After all, many slashers can't really be "killed" so if it would incapacitate them well enough to garner a movie a happy ending, they lose.

ROUND 1

The Prowler VS Harry Warden. (Winner: Harry Warden) Harry pulls out a VERY close victory here. Managing to outdo The Prowler in strength. 

ROUND 2

Freddy-Krueger-Nightmare-On-Elm-Street.j

Freddy Krueger VS:

pinhead-pinhead-25432674-1024-768.jpg

Pinhead

Two formerly human demons duke it out. Sadomasochism vs pure sadism. Lawful Evil vs Chaotic Evil. WHO WILL WIN!?

By the by, once a match ends everything between here and the rules will be deleted and replaced with a winner, and the next match. Feel free to leave feedback on how this set up could be improved.

I've never seen the movie with the Prowler so I know nothing of the character, but I will say the My Bloody Valentine character was a badass so I assume he would win regardless. Too big and strong and violent. 

btw, I have an idea for the next match-up, whenever you decide to switch it up. 

• Like 1

I've never seen the movie with the Prowler so I know nothing of the character, but I will say the My Bloody Valentine character was a badass so I assume he would win regardless. Too big and strong and violent. 

btw, I have an idea for the next match-up, whenever you decide to switch it up. 

I'd like a few more replies before I switch it up, but you can PM it to me now. However, I have two things to say. This is the 1980s version of The Miner. I have no doubt that the remake version of Harry scene at the beginning would mop the floor with him. Second thing. YOU HAVE TO WATCH The Prowler! It's directed by the guy who did The Final Chapter, and it's got Tom Savini on for effects. It's a weird, brutal, weird, suspenseful, WEIRD slasher film. The main reason I give the Prowler a chance is do to his military training, him being a WWII vet and all. But like I said, watch the film. You can find it on Daily Motion I believe. It's a lot of fun.

I'd like a few more replies before I switch it up, but you can PM it to me now. However, I have two things to say. This is the 1980s version of The Miner. I have no doubt that the remake version of Harry scene at the beginning would mop the floor with him. Second thing. YOU HAVE TO WATCH The Prowler! It's directed by the guy who did The Final Chapter, and it's got Tom Savini on for effects. It's a weird, brutal, weird, suspenseful, WEIRD slasher film. The main reason I give the Prowler a chance is do to his military training, him being a WWII vet and all. But like I said, watch the film. You can find it on Daily Motion I believe. It's a lot of fun.

I will definitely check it out. I like these types of movies for sure.

• Like 1

Ok, finally and at long last I have watched The Prowler. It's actually a pretty good 80s slasher. It's got really cool kills and gore. I really enjoyed it. I wont spoil anything, but the killer had good strength, great stealth, and was really good with a blade. He possibly had slightly better stealth than MBV, but I would say MBV was slightly stronger. Both had similar speed. 

I definitely think this would be a close fight, but I am still slightly leaning towards MBV. In the end, he gets it done.

• Like 1

Has to be freddy hes already dead and even when people pull him out of the dreamworld to kill him he still comes back.

Has to be freddy hes already dead and even when people pull him out of the dreamworld to kill him he still comes back.

Read the rules. It's a battle to "an end of movie state." In other words, neither needs to be permanently dealt with. If their fate would be good enough to end a movie on, they lose. Personally, Pinhead seems like the winner to me. I've only seen the first two Hellraisers, but he seemed pretty invincible in those movies.

Read the rules. It's a battle to "an end of movie state." In other words, neither needs to be permanently dealt with. If their fate would be good enough to end a movie on, they lose. Personally, Pinhead seems like the winner to me. I've only seen the first two Hellraisers, but he seemed pretty invincible in those movies.

Oh my bad i only read the rules when this was first posted and only seen the new round but didnt reread the rules. I myself have only seen the first hellraiser wasnt my cup of tea so never bothered to watch the rest of the franchise. So pretty hard to pick a winner really when havent watched both franchises.

I wouldn't worry about seeing anything other than the first two. The rest are awful. 

As for this fight, it's a fight I've always wanted to see. They're two characters with two interesting power sets, and two unique goals. Ultimately though, in terms of raw power, I believe Pinhead is more powerful. He's basically the the right hand man to the devil (Leviathan) and is one of the most powerful cenobites ever. I don't believe he's ever actually been truly defeated. He makes deals where if the person he makes it with fulfills, they are safe. The only people who can even begin to challenge him are other cenobites, and unless Pinhead has done something wrong himself, he doesn't lose. (He was beaten once by another cenobite, but there was some other stuff going on that allowed it). 

My vote goes to Pinhead.

I wouldn't worry about seeing anything other than the first two. The rest are awful. 

As for this fight, it's a fight I've always wanted to see. They're two characters with two interesting power sets, and two unique goals. Ultimately though, in terms of raw power, I believe Pinhead is more powerful. He's basically the the right hand man to the devil (Leviathan) and is one of the most powerful cenobites ever. I don't believe he's ever actually been truly defeated. He makes deals where if the person he makes it with fulfills, they are safe. The only people who can even begin to challenge him are other cenobites, and unless Pinhead has done something wrong himself, he doesn't lose. (He was beaten once by another cenobite, but there was some other stuff going on that allowed it). 

My vote goes to Pinhead.

That tends to be my thought process as well. On top of that, Freddy's been outright defeated in the dreamworld before.