Ralph_E_Fresh

Why Packanack, Higgins Haven & Pinehurst maps are better received than the Jarvis House and ways to fix it.

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I don't want the map to be easier. I want it to play in a more intresting way.

Adding the phone box spawns in the two main houses doesn't make it easier though, in fact it's harder for both counselor players and jason players, trying to manage phone objectives in the two big maim houses. 

The Jarvis map needs to have the phone box spawn in the two main houses for more variety, gameplay challenge and use of main houses. 

Jarvis and Pinehurst are both garbage because the distance it takes to run from one cabin to another eats up every ounce of stamina for slower characters. Even playing Vanessa on that map is a chore sometimes. The spawns are shit as well, on Pinehurst I had all 3 objectives spawn right in the center of the map, so it rendered the outside of the map worthless. The Boat, the Car and the Phone were all just across the middle lake from each other so Jason just camped the shoreline and spun in a 180 degree cone to see what people were doing. Fuck that map.

Jarvis house is just a mess as well.... every path is a bottle neck of death... there's only one way to run up certain trails so if you get caught on them it's just a free kill for a shift grabbing Jason... not to mention those 2 bullshit cabins out in the middle of no where on their own private islands and the one on the right always spawn the gas can regardless of where the car is. The car could be in the bottom left corner of the map and that fucking gas can is always in that upper right cabin 2 miles away. Those maps are complete train wrecks for counselors honestly, that's why no one plays them, they're Jason sided to the max.

Im very much agree with the OP here just make the phone spawn at the main house, it would personally give me a reason to visit them far more often than I do. I think it would make me pick the map far more than some of the others.

10 hours ago, The_Gray_Ghost_ said:

Im very much agree with the OP here just make the phone spawn at the main house, it would personally give me a reason to visit them far more often than I do. I think it would make me pick the map far more than some of the others.

I wonder why they didn't have the phone box spawn at the two main houses, every other map has the phone box spawn at the main house, even Pinehurst, this should be fixed in next update

So things to fix for Jarvis map:

-Add phone box spawns to the two main houses (bonus would be to also spawn in the basements of those two houses)

-Make items spawn more separately, to decrease empty drawer simulator

- Replace mountains with woods or add more trails through mountains for less boring travel

-Add the doors back to basement of the blue vacation main house now that doors can be locked/unlocked from both sides

-Have both 4 seater and 2 seater car spawns, or 4 seater car and boat spawns

-Have cars spawn between two main houses at times

Anything I'm missing and what would you suggest for Pinehurst?

Phone spawn at the Jarvis House (canonically the party house doesn't have a phone in 4), having 2 and 4 door car happen (rarer than Car and Boat, but still possible) and tightening up the item spawn distances would help TREMENDOUSLY imo

7 hours ago, CrissRiot said:

Phone spawn at the Jarvis House (canonically the party house doesn't have a phone in 4), having 2 and 4 door car happen (rarer than Car and Boat, but still possible) and tightening up the item spawn distances would help TREMENDOUSLY imo

The vacation house didn't have a phone? Why wouldn't it have a phone and when in the movie does it have it that there's no phone in that house?

There certainly weren't cabins but there in the map.

24 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

The vacation house didn't have a phone? Why wouldn't it have a phone and when in the movie does it have it that there's no phone in that house?

There certainly weren't cabins but there in the map.

Jimmy tells Ted he's going to "call Betty when he gets into town". I've always assumed that means they don't have a phone or phone service in the party house.

28 minutes ago, CrissRiot said:

Jimmy tells Ted he's going to "call Betty when he gets into town". I've always assumed that means they don't have a phone or phone service in the party house.

That's before they arrived, I assume when they talk about getting into town they mean the town of the Jarvis residence, it's unlikely that this house wouldn't have a phone

2 hours ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

That's before they arrived, I assume when they talk about getting into town they mean the town of the Jarvis residence, it's unlikely that this house wouldn't have a phone

That's after their arrival, and is the next day (where they head to the Lake)