Jump to content
Ralph_E_Fresh

Why Packanack, Higgins Haven & Pinehurst maps are better received than the Jarvis House and ways to fix it.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Really? 

Yes, this map lacks those main house phone box objectives that the other maps have, also lacks reason for being in main houses, hence why packanack, Higgins and Pinehurst are viewed as more fun, which shouldn't be the case this shouldn't be the case, Jarvis should be the best map it has two main houses, two of the most memorable houses 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

If they are gonna have those mountains then the trails shouldn't be repetitive, at least have a trail that goes through, and over the mountains with a bunch of woods added like the film.

 

But no matter what, mountain or no mountains, long travel or not, the phone box needs to spawn at the main houses like they do in every other map, this is what the map lacks.

I agree with more trails through the mountains and wood on them, as you said (like the movie). But don't want the spawn mechanics to be a carbon copy of the earlier maps. I like it is different and like the fact it adds some difficulty to getting all objectives done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

I agree with more trails through the mountains and wood on them, as you said (like the movie). But don't want the spawn mechanics to be a carbon copy of the earlier maps. I like it is different and like the fact it adds some difficulty to getting all objectives done.

The Jarvis map needs more items in the main houses and more items  spread out throughout the map to get rid of the empty drawer simulator, needs more trails on the mountains and some mountains replaced with woods

But I let all that slide, and give all those problems a pass

 

What is unacceptable however is that the phone box doesn't spawn at the main houses, why do they spawn at every other main house in other maps, but not the two main houses in the Jarvis map.

 

This map should have the phone box spawn at the main houses, this map should've even had them spawn in the basements of the main houses but I give that a pass too.

What I can't give a pass to is the phone box not spawning at the two main houses, there's no reason for it and it ruins this map, which would be my favorite if not for these problems 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

The Jarvis map needs more items in the main houses and more items  spread out throughout the map to get rid of the empty drawer simulator, needs more trails on the mountains and some mountains replaced with woods

But I let all that slide, and give all those problems a pass

 

What is unacceptable however is that the phone box doesn't spawn at the main houses, why do they spawn at every other main house in other maps, but not the two main houses in the Jarvis map.

 

This map should have the phone box spawn at the main houses, this map should've even had them spawn in the basements of the main houses but I give that a pass too.

What I can't give a pass to is the phone box not spawning at the two main houses, there's no reason for it and it ruins this map, which would be my favorite if not for these problems 

 

Like I stated, for variance in the maps. All the others have the phone spawn at main house, so the two new maps don't. To me it makes perfect sense. Have something different outside of just aesthetics. I personally like it. But do agree with adding more trails and some woods to the mountains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jameson87 said:

Like I stated, for variance in the maps. All the others have the phone spawn at main house, so the two new maps don't. To me it makes perfect sense. Have something different outside of just aesthetics. I personally like it. But do agree with adding more trails and some woods to the mountains.

The phone box spawns at the main house in the pinehurst map, that's why it's slightly better recieved than the Jarvis map

 

Every map has the phone box spawn at the main house, the Jarvis map is the only one that doesn't have the phone box spawn at the main houses, and that's one of, if not the main reason that people find it boring.

The other maps even have the phone box spawn at even more than the main houses and cabins, in Higgins the phone can spawn in the barn, in packanack it can spawn in the boat house.

There's no reason the phone box shouldn't spawn at the main houses in the Jarvis house, that's why this map is highly criticized, found really boring, and lacking in variety, on top of the other reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

The phone box spawns at the main house in the pinehurst map, that's why it's slightly better recieved than the Jarvis map

 

Every map has the phone box spawn at the main house, the Jarvis map is the only one that doesn't have the phone box spawn at the main houses, and that's one of, if not the main reason that people find it boring.

The other maps even have the phone box spawn at even more than the main houses and cabins, in Higgins the phone can spawn in the barn, in packanack it can spawn in the boat house.

There's no reason the phone box shouldn't spawn at the main houses in the Jarvis house, that's why this map is highly criticized, found really boring, and lacking in variety, on top of the other reasons.

Again for the sake of difference. I like it how it is personally and just agrre to disagree on this one. I don't want carbon copy maps. We have enough of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is disappointing, this was the map I was most hyped about, thinking it would be even better than higgins and packanack, I imagined how it would be to get chased by Jason while trying to fix the phone box at the main houses.

I'm guessing the map is broken and no one has brought up that the phone box doesn't spawn at the main houses, I don't see how this is intentional as it ruins the map, and every other map has the phone box spawn at the map house and even more(the barn in Higgins, the boat house in packanack).

 

23 hours ago, jameson87 said:

Again for the sake of difference. I like it how it is personally and just agrre to disagree on this one. I don't want carbon copy maps. We have enough of those.

It's not for the sake of difference, I don't see why they would not make the phone box spawn at the main houses when they do in every single other map, that has more items in the main houses

You would assume that since less houses are in the main house that it would be even more reason for the phone box to spawn at the main houses.

You say you don't want the maps to be carbon copies, yet each main house is different, and in the Jarvis map the phone only spawns at cabins, which is a carbon copy of every single map, the only way to prevent a carbon copy and have variety, is to have the phone box spawn at the main houses, no main house is the same in this game, the cabins however are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

It's not for the sake of difference, I don't see why they would not make the phone box spawn at the main houses when they do in every single other map, that has more items in the main houses

You would assume that since less houses are in the main house that it would be even more reason for the phone box to spawn at the main houses.

But see, that in fact does make it different than all other maps. I like it. Harder on the counselors to traverse the huge map to get to it and get the call off. Perfect in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

But see, that in fact does make it different than all other maps. I like it. Harder on the counselors to traverse the huge map to get to it and get the call off. Perfect in my opinion.

It doesn't, it makes the map even more of a carbon copy, as the phone box spawns in cabins in every map.

You say you want a different map, yet having the phone box spawning at the main houses makes them more different, every main house is different, while every cabin is near same.

 

Also having the phone box spawn at the main houses does nothing to the long travels, that's an entirely different problem 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

It doesn't, it makes the map even more of a carbon copy, as the phone box spawns in cabins in every map.

You say you want a different map, yet having the phone box spawning at the main houses makes them more different, every main house is different, while every cabin is near same.

You are missing my point, those differences have to do with aesthetics, not placement. I prefer more than just aesthetic differences. You say all of the other maps have it spawn at main houses which are always in the middle of a map, the fact Jarvis doesn't do this makes it different in that respect. Not because of aesthetics (where it might spawn at a cabin in those other maps) but the actual fact it won't spawn at the main houses on Jarvis keeps it different enough in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jameson87 said:

You are missing my point, those differences have to do with aesthetics, not placement. I prefer more than just aesthetic differences. You say all of the other maps have it spawn at main houses which are always in the middle of a map, the fact Jarvis doesn't do this makes it different in that respect. Not because of aesthetics (where it might spawn at a cabin in those other maps) but the actual fact it won't spawn at the main houses on Jarvis keeps it different enough in my opinion.

Not spawning at the main houses doesn't offer variety, nor does it take it away from the middle of the map, because guess what?

The phone box spawns at times in the cabin next to the main houses, so the difference you claim isn't found.

No main house in this game is the same, that alone makes phone box spawns at the main houses different from each map, whereas cabins are literally copied map to map

Lastly, it's not simply an aesthetic, it is placement heavily changes the gameplay, we can have the same phone box spawns at cabins in every other map, the main house spawns are the best received, better received than cabin spawns, less repetitive, and offer the most variety, as again, no main house is the same in this game, even this map which has two main houses even those houses are very different.

This map lacks the variety and challenge of main house phone box spawns, especially in this map, where the main houses are considered the best and most recognized.

The difference argument only argues against making this map only have cabin spawns, as it makes it a carbon copy of every other map, when it doesn't have to be with the main houses, which would make the map more different than any other map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Not spawning at the main houses doesn't offer variety, nor does it take it away from the middle of the map, because guess what?

The phone box spawns at times in the cabin next to the main houses, so the difference you claim isn't found.

No main house in this game is the same, that alone makes phone box spawns at the main houses different from each map, whereas cabins are literally copied map to map

Lastly, it's not simply an aesthetic, it is placement heavily changes the gameplay, we can have the same phone box spawns at cabins in every other map, the main house spawns are the best received, better received than cabin spawns, less repetitive, and offer the most variety, as again, no main house is the same in this game, even this map which has two main houses even those houses are very different.

This map lacks the variety and challenge of main house phone box spawns, especially in this map, where the main houses are considered the best and most recognized.

The difference argument only argues against making this map only have cabin spawns, as it makes it a carbon copy of every other map, when it doesn't have to be with the main houses, which would make the map more different than any other map

No main house looks the same goes back to aesthetics. You can argue till the cows come home but the fact is that has to do with aesthetics, not placement. The fact it doesn't show up at a main house in the middle of the map does make it different, and does add variety, because the others do.

And you said it yourself, "it is placement that heavily changes gameplay". As I said, placement, which changes somethimg up. That equals variety, my man. I am for it staying as is, and not making like the others with the same placement mechanics. And that is something the game needs. More variety, and something that makes it harder on the counselors period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jameson87 said:

No main house looks the same goes back to aesthetics. You can argue till the cows come home but the fact is that has to do with aesthetics, not placement. The fact it doesn't show up at a main house in the middle of the map does make it different, and does add variety, because the others do.

And you said it yourself, "it is placement that heavily changes gameplay". As I said, placement, which changes somethimg up. That equals variety, my man. I am for it staying as is, and not making like the others with the same placement mechanics. And that is something the game needs. More variety, and something that makes it harder on the counselors period.

You changed the wording from, "no main house is the same" to "no main house looks the same", strawman.

I never argued about the main houses looking the same, the aesthetics of them are irrelevant to me, what I am arguing about is no main house being the same, they all have different play styles, all have different placement, different dynamics and unique chases.

You keep claiming that by the phone box not spawning at the main houses in the Jarvis map, that it doesn't spawn in the middle of the map,

#1, it actually still does spawn in the middle of the map in fact in spawns in the cabin right next to the main houses, so they might as well put it at the main houses

#2 spawning in the same few cabins doesn't make a difference or variety in gameplay, it makes the map very repetitive, it makes it unlike the other maps in that it's worse in quality.

Now in the same post you argue that placement offers variety yet oppose placement of phone box spawns in the main houses, and rather a lack of variety by then spawning in the same few cabins that they always do in this map.

 

 

So in the new update you can lock/unlock doors from both sides, so they can now readd the doors to the basement of the blue vacation house in the Jarvis map, you can't get locked out anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2018 at 1:05 AM, BFizzle said:

I agree about the phone. Even though there are two main houses on Jarvis, I feel like I never spend much time in them, because most of the action on Jarvis takes place on the south of the map - where the objectives tend the spawn.

And then There was Me 

*Dancing in the Kitchen of Jarvis House*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Phone must spawn at either the Jarvis or Vacation house, it would add so much more variety to this map, as the two houses are some of the best designed houses in the game, and they are under utilized.

I honestly can't believe the developers overlooked this detail. Was it intentional, or just a complete oversite? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to see small map for Jarvis that promotes more active at the houses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

The Phone must spawn at either the Jarvis or Vacation house, it would add so much more variety to this map, as the two houses are some of the best designed houses in the game, and they are under utilized.

I honestly can't believe the developers overlooked this detail. Was it intentional, or just a complete oversite? 

 

On 5/24/2018 at 11:01 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

The large maps should always have a four seater. And said four seater should be in the center of the Jarvis House map. 

P.S. (Team Kirk)

Problem is you have a few people defending the map with the "it's hard mode" argument, which doesn't work since that's irrelevant to why this map is poorly recieved which is because it's boring, where the phone spawns and whether there is a 4 seater or not doesn't have anything to do with difficulty, it wouldn't make the map easier at all.

Adding the phone spawns in the main houses(and in the basements of the main houses two as a bonus) would help the map, and make the main houses useful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jarvis is still more fun than Pinehurst imo

But yes, make main houses available for phone (not every time, but in the mix)

change spawn locations of repair parts ....Jarvis and Pinehurst spawn repair items all the way across map still,unlike main 3 maps . Theese fixes will improve gameplay tremendously 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jarvis is probably my least favorite of the big maps but I still like it.  I don't agree that the phones should be at one of the two main houses every time because that would get too predictable.  I would, however, like to see it spawn on one of main houses sometimes.  It would mix things up better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PARTVI said:

Jarvis is still more fun than Pinehurst imo

But yes, make main houses available for phone (not every time, but in the mix)

change spawn locations of repair parts ....Jarvis and Pinehurst spawn repair items all the way across map still,unlike main 3 maps . Theese fixes will improve gameplay tremendously 

 

 

3 hours ago, MJDrocks said:

Jarvis is probably my least favorite of the big maps but I still like it.  I don't agree that the phones should be at one of the two main houses every time because that would get too predictable.  I would, however, like to see it spawn on one of main houses sometimes.  It would mix things up better.

I'm not asking for them to spawn at the main houses every single time, but that it spawns there, like the other maps, the phone doesn't always spawn at the main houses but it's one of the spawn points.

 

The phone box spawning at the main houses(jarvis house and blue vacation house) of the Jarvis map is a must.

 

A bonus would be that on top of them spawning at the two main houses like normal(usuallh on the side or back of a main house as it is in other maps) that they also spawn in the basements of the two main houses, which would make 4 possible phone box spawns at the main houses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

 

Problem is you have a few people defending the map with the "it's hard mode" argument, which doesn't work since that's irrelevant to why this map is poorly recieved which is because it's boring, where the phone spawns and whether there is a 4 seater or not doesn't have anything to do with difficulty, it wouldn't make the map easier at all.

Adding the phone spawns in the main houses(and in the basements of the main houses two as a bonus) would help the map, and make the main houses useful

I don't want the map to be easier. I want it to play in a more intresting way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...