Ralph_E_Fresh

Why Packanack, Higgins Haven & Pinehurst maps are better received than the Jarvis House and ways to fix it.

11 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

That is because they most likely just applied the item / weapon spawn changes to all maps without even thinking of the implications on Jarvis / Pinehurst. That absolutely sounds like Gunfonic to do something like that.

That should have individual settings for each map, based on the map.

1 hour ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

They need to fix this, for Jarvis residence and Pinehurst, the thing is it's easy to fix:

For Jarvis House

- Spawn phone at main houses

-Replace mountains with woods

For both Pinehurst and Jarvis House:

-Have items spread out evenly between cabins, to remove the empty draw simulator, also add more items to the bread and butter of the maps... The main houses.

It wouldn't even need one big update, it could be done in this halfway bug fix updates they usually do.

I think instead of adding woods make one more trail over the mountain. Got to go up and over. I agree about the phones at the main houses. It would make exploring them more enjoyable. Or something more on the north part of the map. Honestly if the part placement made more sense would fix a lot. The propeller being on the opposite side of the map from the boat on Jarvis is annoying.

27 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

That should have individual settings for each map, based on the map.

Of course they should, but this is not a company you should expect that from. Whenever in doubt, trust they will take the easy way out. That has been the case for all F13 updates.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Jarvis House is actually my favorite map as it is now......

I can understand why most don´t like Pinehurst (somehow) but I thought Jarvis House and ...cough Pineworst (that is how some People actually call it) cough are received the same way.

The main house in Pinehurst it´s very hard to know where all the drawers are , which is sad because it could give some cool chases.

I like the big maps as Jason because I can Play more relaxed then. I can like a good challenge as Jason but not when I am stressed and they put all this pressure on me with all 3 objectives getting started. If they do that , I think they want to give me a Burnout!

Am I playing a different game? People actually prefer Pinehurst over Jarvis? I have never heard anyone say that, never. I hear the opposite, Pinehurst is usually greeted with gasp followed by "Not Pinehurst!". Pinehurst actually made Jarvis fun to play. I see people here talking about Jarvis having parts so far away, have you actually played Pinehurst? Parts there are just as far away if not farther because of how big the map is and how difficult it is to get from one location to the next. Y'all can keep Pinehurst. Have fun spawning in the phone house at Stoneside with Jason especially if he has destruction.

Plus Jarvis map is so easy to kill Jason on

6 minutes ago, isdatadeadbody said:

Am I playing a different game? People actually prefer Pinehurst over Jarvis? I have never heard anyone say that, never. I hear the opposite, Pinehurst is usually greeted with gasp followed by "Not Pinehurst!". Pinehurst actually made Jarvis fun to play. I see people here talking about Jarvis having parts so far away, have you actually played Pinehurst? Parts there are just as far away if not farther because of how big the map is and how difficult it is to get from one location to the next. Y'all can keep Pinehurst. Have fun spawning in the phone house at Stoneside with Jason especially if he has destruction.

Plus Jarvis map is so easy to kill Jason on

The reason is because is better to navigate in since Pinehurst has alot of woods and cabins. Whereas Jarvis has mountains making travel longer and less cabins, also Pinehurst has the phone box spawn at the main house.

The Jarvis house should have the phone box spawn at the main houses, they could have one on the outside and one in the basement for each match

I agree about the phone being at one of the main houses at Jarvis.

Pinehurst doesn't really have any woods. Jarvis is easy to navigate and escape the camp locations. For example if you are in Elmwood you could go to Blackfoot, Fire branch, the Jarvis area or go towards Fire branch then change to going to Jarvis with the trail behind the outhouse. Cabin hopping is much easier going from camp to camp. The only real problem with Jarvis imo is sometimes the parts are scattered to far away from the objective. Having to bring gas from Fire branch to Blackfoot for a trapped 2 seater seems like a waste of time especially if none of the other parts are in or even discovered yet. For me escaping is old anyways, been there conquered that. I am more interested now in killing Jason or surviving the night. The big house at Pinehurst is one of the best to run Jason in circles though.

Jarvis Residence map Main houses phone box spawns:

-Back of Jarvis House

-In basement of Jarvis House(it has a door that can be locked, this will add for challenging chases)

-Back of blue vacation house

-Basement of blue vacation house(this will be challenging as well, they should add the door back with a lock)

That along with the approximately 3 different cabin phone box spawn locations would add more variety to the map.

Also more items in main house with mountains replaced with woods

2 hours ago, isdatadeadbody said:

I agree about the phone being at one of the main houses at Jarvis.

Pinehurst doesn't really have any woods. Jarvis is easy to navigate and escape the camp locations. For example if you are in Elmwood you could go to Blackfoot, Fire branch, the Jarvis area or go towards Fire branch then change to going to Jarvis with the trail behind the outhouse. Cabin hopping is much easier going from camp to camp. The only real problem with Jarvis imo is sometimes the parts are scattered to far away from the objective. Having to bring gas from Fire branch to Blackfoot for a trapped 2 seater seems like a waste of time especially if none of the other parts are in or even discovered yet. For me escaping is old anyways, been there conquered that. I am more interested now in killing Jason or surviving the night. The big house at Pinehurst is one of the best to run Jason in circles though.

The mountains are what make the travel long, if they made it woods, it would make the map better.

The main thing that needs to be fixed though is the phone box's not spawning at the main houses, this map needs variety

I'm in the minority in terms of liking Jarvis. Its design is basically directly from the film in terms of mountainous terrain and I love that its risk/reward, mostly risk when going through those areas. I think the fact that certain stats mean absolutely nothing for counselor hurt counselor more than the design of the map. I like how spread out everything is as opposed to the hand holding that goes on with the small maps. They might as well spawn all 7 counselors inside the Packanack Lodge, Higgins house and the bathroom lodge or archery range of Crystal Lake because that's what it is anyway. The small maps were less about finding ways to create 'faster' matches to me and more about finding a way to make it easier for counselor. At the time it was looked upon as a huge Jason buff, but given the state of affairs, its absolutely a counselors paradise, all 3 of them.

I do agree with the phone box idea though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I'm in the minority in terms of liking Jarvis. Its design is basically directly from the film in terms of mountainous terrain and I love that its risk/reward, mostly risk when going through those areas. I think the fact that certain stats mean absolutely nothing for counselor hurt counselor more than the design of the map. I like how spread out everything is as opposed to the hand holding that goes on with the small maps. They might as well spawn all 7 counselors inside the Packanack Lodge, Higgins house and the bathroom lodge or archery range of Crystal Lake because that's what it is anyway. The small maps were less about finding ways to create 'faster' matches to me and more about finding a way to make it easier for counselor. At the time it was looked upon as a huge Jason buff, but given the state of affairs, its absolutely a counselors paradise, all 3 of them.

I do agree with the phone box idea though.

Theres too many mountains, this isn't the case in the film, there was more woods than mountains, as a matter of fact that movie had one of the deepest woods of the series, Rob camping out, or Sara almost getting lost deep in the woods.

Even then the mountains weren't inaccessible either, they had elevated trails on mountains whereas this map in the game only really has ground level trails making travelling long.

Hmmm. I like the idea of the phone box spawning in the basement, but then Jason wouldn't be able to trap it. So he doesn't have anyway to alert himself if the counselors try to call the cops. I feel like maybe the problems with the map could be solved simply by better distributing the cabins themselves around the map. I hate spawning at the Reggie Ridge house because it feels soooo far away from the main action. (And usually contains nothing more useful than a cooking pot.) By the time you get away from there most of the places have been looted. (And God help you if you chose a fixer like Deb or AJ).

41 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

Hmmm. I like the idea of the phone box spawning in the basement, but then Jason wouldn't be able to trap it. So he doesn't have anyway to alert himself if the counselors try to call the cops. I feel like maybe the problems with the map could be solved simply by better distributing the cabins themselves around the map. I hate spawning at the Reggie Ridge house because it feels soooo far away from the main action. (And usually contains nothing more useful than a cooking pot.) By the time you get away from there most of the places have been looted. (And God help you if you chose a fixer like Deb or AJ).

They should make it where the jason character can place traps indoors, this makes us counselor characters be more careful indoors, or at least in the basement with the phone 

But if anything the phone box has to spawn at the main houses, basement or outside

Jarvis and Pinehurst are my top favorite maps, and I agree that they are considered hard mode due to spawn locations. 

A few things:  objective times spawn in both Jarvis and the vacation house. Maybe that’s why there no phone, the phone tends to spawn near them, either the cabin north of vacation, the cabin south or Jarvis, the big cabin in the se or sw corner. 

VacatIon Spawns;  propeller in upstair bookshelf, fuse in upstairs bedroom, gas can in basement, battery in living room.  You can’t be locked out of the vacation house the basement back doorman and basement door in kitchen were removed shortly after the map came out.

Jarvis: Gas in basement, fuse in a drawer, battery in house.

Because the items always spawn far from goals maybe that’s why the phone  isn’t in the Big houses.  It would be nice if it’s was. 

Also you just need to use the map to your advantage, There are two “shortcut” trails in Jarvis that allow you to cut across the map, to be this the same as in Pinhurst except that it’s rivers. You can use the river but Jason will probably see you and get you, also the cliff are too high in most places to get out.  This basicly keeps you on the a set path.  

Fast councelors should be doing their job and move objectives closer, even if you didn’t take it all the way there you’re still helping. Due to the map size you only have enough time for maybe two or three iogs from one side to the other, otherwise Jason has killed to many people and there will be too much pressure to make the repair and start the car/boat.  Leaving the gas on the opposite side of the map is basically killing your team.

I personally like them the way they are. Makes it a hard mode so the counselors can't just bum rush all objectives as easy as they can the other maps. Just my opinion, but I feel they should not be messed with at all beside any bugs that need removing.

51 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

I personally like them the way they are. Makes it a hard mode so the counselors can't just bum rush all objectives as easy as they can the other maps. Just my opinion, but I feel they should not be messed with at all beside any bugs that need removing.

Not about easy mode or hard mode, but variety. Chases are more challenging when the phone box spawns at the main house, that's a reason why people are bored with the Jarvis map. We're not talking about whether the map is easy or hard, it's that the map is repetitive and boring due to phone box never spawning at main houses and also because of the long mind numbing traveling via the same trails through mountains, which should be replaced with woods

50 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

it's that the map is repetitive and boring due to phone box never spawning at main houses and also because of the long mind numbing traveling via the same trails through mountains, which should be replaced with woods

They use the mountains to block visibility for performance reasons. Replacing them with woods would tank the framerate.

3 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

They use the mountains to block visibility for performance reasons. Replacing them with woods would tank the framerate.

Packanack & Pinehurst do it fine

As well as making it more open for counselors to run the map like they do others. I like them just fine. Adds variety as all maps now don't work the same as the other maps. My problem with the other maps is they are essentially the same outside of placement of cabins and trees. These are different and I like them for that. I vote keep them like they are personally.

Just now, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

There's no excuse for the phone not spawning at the main houses, that completely ruins the Jarvis map.

Really? 

2 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

As well as making it more open for counselors to run the map like they do others. I like them just fine. Adds variety as all maps now don't work the same as the other maps. My problem with the other maps is they are essentially the same outside of placement of cabins and trees. These are different and I like them for that. I vote keep them like they are personally.

If they are gonna have those mountains then the trails shouldn't be repetitive, at least have a trail that goes through, and over the mountains with a bunch of woods added like the film.

But no matter what, mountain or no mountains, long travel or not, the phone box needs to spawn at the main houses like they do in every other map, this is what the map lacks.