Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jdt827

Just a rant about duplicates

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jdt827 said:

I really, really hate that the game allows people to be the same counselor. I think it promotes poor gameplay when there are 7 Tiffany’s and no one has the skill to repair a phone box or put gas in a car. I don’t care if everyone disagrees, I wish they would change this for good.

Well in that situation you have to select a fixer or deal with it. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MRWood204 said:

 

As for the gaming quality, it is what you make of it. It may elevate your own perception of gameplay, but it might but downgrade someone else's. It comes down to people are going to play how they want to play, and there is nothing you, or me, or anyone, can really do about it.

That’s fair. Maybe new counselor additions  will decrease the pain point over time as someone else suggested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jdt827 said:

That’s fair. Maybe new counselor additions  will decrease the pain point over time as someone else suggested.

I agree. I am all for more counselor options even if they are similar or duplicates. More options never hurt anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once you get to triplets I can see your point. As pointed out character selection has nothing to do with whether a player will contribute to the team though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jdt827 said:

1. I expected people to disagree. Therefore I let them know it was welcome.

2. Personally, I think the comment and the intent are both very clear so I won’t hold myself responsible for how others take my words and turn them into the opposite meaning. I’m just opening up a dialogue about something that bothers me. 

 

NOTE - before someone accuses me of double posting, I already submitted the last post and can’t change it. 

Ok...

1. How is saying "I don't care if you disagree" letting people know their opinion is welcome? It gives the impression that you don't care about anyones opinion if they have disagreed.

2. Opening up a thread to discuss your opinion is completely fine. But ending your point with "I don't care if anyone disagrees" sounded like you just wanted people to agree with you. And those of us who disagreed were not important.

You just confused the hell out of me at first. And I'm happy you've changed it. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I typically only like to play as Tiffany or Jenny. I don't want to be forced to play as LaChappa just because he's one of the only counselors left when I get into the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not every Tiffany is useless like not every Deborah is useful. You can actually confuse Jason. If you have Tiffany putting in the gas in the four seater. one putting in the battery in the two seater, and one installing the fuse...it can be very useful because Jason cannot be in two places at once. One of the objectives is bound to get done if you keep pushing it. Duplicates are fine, it’s been that way since the beta...if people want to play 5 Tiffany’s or 8 Deborah’s it doesn’t matter, it’s their choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

I typically only like to play as Tiffany or Jenny. I don't want to be forced to play as LaChappa just because he's one of the only counselors left when I get into the game.

You don't choose LaChappa, he chooses you.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Not every Tiffany is useless like not every Deborah is useful. You can actually confuse Jason. If you have Tiffany putting in the gas in the four seater. one putting in the battery in the two seater, and one installing the fuse...it can be very useful because Jason cannot be in two places at once. One of the objectives is bound to get done if you keep pushing it. Duplicates are fine, it’s been that way since the beta...if people want to play 5 Tiffany’s or 8 Deborah’s it doesn’t matter, it’s their choice.

True, but if there are 7 Vanessas (including the player) and the other 6 are running around, it's kind of pointless.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

True, but if there are 7 Vanessas (including the player) and the other 6 are running around, it's kind of pointless.

Doesn’t change the fact that players should be able to play whatever counselor they wanna play. Although I cannot stand when the lobby is full of Vanessas. I will purposely chose AJ or Deborah. Sometimes I’ll toggle between every counselor so I play Vanessa but I rarely do. Tiff, Jenny, Chad, and Debbie are the ones I mainly play...I’ve become kinda fond of AJ as of late. I’ve just never liked Vanessa. It’s too easy to play her. I really believe she needs a slight nerf, maybe in repair...give her a one repair and bump up stealth to a 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, I don't mind duplicates but if I see the entire lobby is filled with Vanessas and Tiffanys, or Brandons "Bugsies," then I will bail to find a new lobby. No way will my Eric LaChappa be working with those clowns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand the gist of what the OP is saying.  I don't like lobbies that are full of Tiffany's or Vanessas.  Its not always true, but most of the time I find lobbies like this are painful, because they rarely do much.  Not always (I have seen people who can repair very well with these characters) but most of the time it just makes for a painful match.  However, when it is a lobby full of Deboras or AJs, it doesn't bother me.  It makes me feel sorry for Jason (trying to find and stop a lobby full of stealth and repair characters), but, as a counselor it doesn't bother me. :) I know that if they disabled duplicates though, it would make filling a lobby take longer and I just don't think it would work.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would never fly if they removed the feature and if they made it separate, people would avoid it anyway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think too many of the same counselor can be aesthetically bland, but really, the mini-games aren't out-of-reach for anybody as long as you focus. Certainly easier for higher repair counselors, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Customized counselors.  Allow us to build a counselor from the existing assets (I'm thinking Tiffany's body with Shelly's hair, and Lachappa's style), with skill point distribution locked at a max of 35, just like it is for existing counselors.  Only one Custom Counselor per account, and it has to be changed from the main menu, not the lobby.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Customized counselors.  Allow us to build a counselor from the existing assets (I'm thinking Tiffany's body with Shelly's hair, and Lachappa's style), with skill point distribution locked at a max of 35, just like it is for existing counselors.  Only one Custom Counselor per account, and it has to be changed from the main menu, not the lobby.

 

Only problem is players will just spam meta stats.

10/10 Speed

10/10 Stamina

10/10 Repair

Use the last 5 points for luck or whatever you want

Since Composure, Stealth and Strength don't effect enough of the game to be detrments against those other stats.

Unless all the stats got major overhaul, maybe new stats, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Customized counselors.  Allow us to build a counselor from the existing assets (I'm thinking Tiffany's body with Shelly's hair, and Lachappa's style), with skill point distribution locked at a max of 35, just like it is for existing counselors.  Only one Custom Counselor per account, and it has to be changed from the main menu, not the lobby.

 

As @tyrant666 said , this is would just end in spamming ,,meta´´ stats.

A solution though could be , if you could use the existing character stats and choose which one of them you want to have on that character. Example : Lachappas Body and the rest Adam with Deborah´s stats.

But then again , next to everyone would run around female because of the Sweater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Only problem is players will just spam meta stats.

10/10 Speed

10/10 Stamina

10/10 Repair

Use the last 5 points for luck or whatever you want

Since Composure, Stealth and Strength don't effect enough of the game to be detrments against those other stats.

Unless all the stats got major overhaul, maybe new stats, etc.

The fix for that is to have the maximum amount of points per attribute be level locked.  For example, lock customized counselors until level 50.  At level 50, the maximum number of allowed points per attribute should be limited to 6.  Every 15 levels, the cap per attribute increases by 1, so that at 65, it bumps up to 7, at 80 it bumps up to 8, at 95, up to 9, and at 110 to 10.

The game needs adjusted modifiers for stats anyways there should be SEVERE penalties for having, say, less than three points in a given attribute:

Composure: Always cry out audibly when Jason is seen, regardless of Fear level.
Luck: Exponentially increased probability of weapon breakage; no chance to reroll for QTE on repairs, perhaps have a chance for med spray to not work.
Repair: Eliminate reroll opportunity regardless of luck stat, failed chance resets entire QTE event, not just to previous successful attempt.
Speed: (I mean, who wouldn't put at least three points into Speed) Stamina pool halved when Speed is below 3 (could be a problem if Mark is added, but I doubt he's coming.
Stamina: reduced stamina recovery, including for successful combat with Jason
Stealth: Increased chance of Sense for Jason, noise-pings range and size doubled on Jason's HUD
Strength: reduced weapon speed, one-hit wounding when slashed, and 50% chance for insta-gib from Jason when slashed.

Edit: these aren't meant to be definitive, just starting points for a discussion around attribute overhaul (which I believe everyone would agree is needed regardless of whether or not customized counselors come about).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2018 at 3:59 PM, Jdt827 said:

I really, really hate that the game allows people to be the same counselor. I think it promotes poor gameplay when there are 7 Tiffany’s and no one has the skill to repair a phone box or put gas in a car.

I mainTiffany because  she fits my playstyle the most. She is fast and stealthy and I am not one those guys who wants to hint down Jason, I wantto escape. If there are seven Tiffanys or Vanessas it doenst mean that no one has the skill to repair. Repairing with them just takes a little more time and you have more skillchecks. I am so used to Tiff that I can do flawless repairs almost 70% of the time and even if I miss one skillcheck its usually in the last quarter of the wheel because it moves faster when you get their without missing a check before,which means I stillhave time to do that one again and when Jason morphs there I am fast enough to be over the hills and far away in no time. In many matches I domost of the repairs.

You can learn to repair flawless with a fast moving counselor,but you cant turn a good repair counselor into a fast moving one,thats why Ichoose Tiff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took a peek because I thought this would be a rant about duplicate threads, but then I saw it was a duplicate thread...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DasMurich said:

I took a peek because I thought this would be a rant about duplicate threads, but then I saw it was a duplicate thread...

Same for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...