Part 6 - Spear

Part 7 - Machete

Part 8 - Guitar?

Part 9 - Voorhees Dagger?

Down the road.

Part 4 - Spear Gun or Surgical Saw or Ted's Corkscrew

Part 5 - Road Flare or Hedgeclippers

JX - No idea

The wrench in item room could simply be a pick up for fixing the car/boat.

It's not much of a weapon to use again and again on counsellors.

For goodness sakes people.

Everybody is saying seven dif feet things.

"Jason only gets one weapon"

"Jasons only get certain weapons according to the ones in the film"

"Confirmed by Wes"

"Confirmed by Randy"

If Jason can only use one weapon, I'm fine with that, as long as they are not restructed by each Jason. That's stupid. (IE only part 2 gets the pickaxe, so on)

I already kinda guessed you wouldn't be able to start switching weapons up in the middle of a match. Honestly that isn't a surprise or a big deal to me.

But if I can't equip a pitchfork to a Part 9 Jason... they need to change that. I love the weird look of Part 9 and I plan on rocking that Pitchfork. If I can't do both that's stupid.

I personally thought Jason could utilize all weapons spawned on the map. Variety of kills was always the fun in Friday. Being limited to a singke weapon per Jason? Certainly a big limitation.

I personally thought Jason could utilize all weapons spawned on the map. Variety of kills was always the fun in Friday. Being limited to a singke weapon per Jason? Certainly a big limitation.

That's why we have numerous enviromental kills.

Dunno why people are saying the Shovel or Marshmallow Poker arent gonna be weapons...

Of course they will be!

They say that because Jason discards the marshmallow poker after he uses it. But it would be cool if he carried a bunch.

For goodness sakes people.

Everybody is saying seven dif feet things.

"Jason only gets one weapon"

"Jasons only get certain weapons according to the ones in the film"

"Confirmed by Wes"

"Confirmed by Randy"

If Jason can only use one weapon, I'm fine with that, as long as they are not restructed by each Jason. That's stupid. (IE only part 2 gets the pickaxe, so on)

I already kinda guessed you wouldn't be able to start switching weapons up in the middle of a match. Honestly that isn't a surprise or a big deal to me.

But if I can't equip a pitchfork to a Part 9 Jason... they need to change that. I love the weird look of Part 9 and I plan on rocking that Pitchfork. If I can't do both that's stupid.

The issue is, no one really knows for certain. I'm erring on the side of every Jason being restricted to one weapon only. Only Part II can use the pitchfork etc.

Edit: Pickax

I think if you really try to put yourself into playing the game mechanics of Jason, it's probably going to be very rare that you're going to kill a counsellor just by swinging your weapon around by button bashing. The environmental kills are going to be much more satisfying, which is probably why the devs have decided to limit the weapon kill options.

It won't be satisfying just walking/running up to other players and and hitting the x/A/mouse button click when you're close enough to a counsellor, to off him. Striking someone with a machete, pick axe, wrench etc by hitting a button is all going to look the same in any case.

• Like 1

They say that because Jason discards the marshmallow poker after he uses it. But it would be cool if he carried a bunch.

The issue is, no one really knows for certain. I'm erring on the side of every Jason being restricted to one weapon only. Only Part II can use the pitchfork etc.

Edit: Pickax

But that's simply untrue based on what we've seen.

You can clearly see part 3 using both a pickaxe AND a pitchfork.

Part 2 - Pick Axe

Part 3 - Pitchfork

Part 6 - Spear

Part 7 - Machete

Part 8 - Guitar?

Part 9 - Voorhees Dagger?

Down the road.

Part 4 - Spear Gun or Surgical Saw or Ted's Corkscrew

Part 5 - Road Flare or Hedgeclippers

JX - No idea

Hopefully JX Jason (if he's ever in) gets the inward curved Machete. 

You can also see part 2 Jason using the pitchfork and spear.

I think it's fair to say that we know we're limited to one weapon with Jason in a match, the one thing I'm still confused about is if we're able to pick a weapon before a match, or if we're literally limited to one weapon per Jason. Who knows, with any luck we'll be getting a Kickstarter update tomorrow and some clarity on the situation.

I think that the Pax trailer may not have been representative of the final game. Keep in mind, the spear and pitchfork were finished before their respective Jasons. So it makes sense that they'd wanna show off the kills with finished Jasons.

I think that the Pax trailer may not have been representative of the final game. Keep in mind, the spear and pitchfork were finished before their respective Jasons. So it makes sense that they'd wanna show off the kills with finished Jasons.

I don't understand why we can't just let the Jason's use all kills with all weapons. Given Kane's structure it fits right in with all the Jason's they mode led him after.

I think it's fair to say that we know we're limited to one weapon with Jason in a match, the one thing I'm still confused about is if we're able to pick a weapon before a match, or if we're literally limited to one weapon per Jason. Who knows, with any luck we'll be getting a Kickstarter update tomorrow and some clarity on the situation.

That's actually a fantastic idea! I would love it if we get to pick which main weapon Jason will be using. That would really open the game up and give us more options, which is always better! 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm really hoping they let us choose from a selection of weapons to mix and match with. Would make the game more replayable and unpredictable.

Oh I agree, I'm just not sure that's the case.

I remember a while ago that if you were hiding from Jason and he incorrectly guessed where you were, he lost his weapon  to the environment. I.E if you were hiding in the cabin and were in the armoir, but jason thought thought you were under the bed and stabbed the bed, he lost his weapon due to it getting stuck in the bed and was unable to pull it out. 

I can understand the frustration of some and I agree, i wish Jason could use multiple weapons in a match. However, if he did that there is a chance that players would wonder around looking for their fav weapon to kill the campers then actually killing the campers lol. I think a selection of weapons to choose from at the start screen would work best and pick one to start with makes sense. If Jason is limited to only a weapon based on the movie/skin, then that is a disaster because your going to be having a large majority of players pick part 7 and 3 for the machete and ax respectively. At that point you have wasted a huge investment of time and money on the other skins that not many people will play based solely on the weapon choice.

Either way, the trailer at PAX showed different models using different weapons,,, so we know it is possible to at least program the animation. I dont know jack about the fine art of video game design, so im not trying to arm chair someone who makes a living doing it on when they know better. 

That all said and done,,, im hoping Jason could use multiple weapons in a match. Hell one of my fav sceens is part 7 when he axes Tina in the face and throws her over the t.v, but if my choice of weapon is the machete for part 7 alone, im bummed on 2 accounts. 1. im stuck picking part 7 almost every time since hes my fav jason and the machete is my fav weapon that he uses, but now thats the only reason i play him. 2, It limits my want to choose another jason if hes armed with anything else or it limits my play style as any of the other Jasons. In short it pigeon holes every Jason plain and simple, which may make the strategies to defeat them easier.

I dont mind being totally wrong on this, just some answers soonish would be nice. Again Gun media and Illfonic you have nothing but my deepest respects and love for all the hard word you put into the game and clearly the love you show us in the community by taking the time to respond to us out of your busy day. 

• Like 1

Each Jason will have unique characteristics and qualities, but we'll have more on combat in a bit. 

Hey Ben, I just wanted you to see the previous few posts. We'd love it (and it'd create so much more replay value) if we get to choose what main weapon our Jason will be using per match. That way it doesn't get stale with one Jason always using the same weapon every time. For example, let's say we select to play as Part 7 Jason yet want to use the weapon that's officially designated as "Part 2's weapon" we should be able to do this. Therefore then for that match Part 7 Jason would be using Part 2 Jason's main weapon, and vice versa, using all possible combinations of Jasons and main weapons. 

I remember a while ago that if you were hiding from Jason and he incorrectly guessed where you were, he lost his weapon  to the environment. I.E if you were hiding in the cabin and were in the armoir, but jason thought thought you were under the bed and stabbed the bed, he lost his weapon due to it getting stuck in the bed and was unable to pull it out. 

I recall hearing about this, but I'm pretty sure they said it would only be stuck for a certain period of time. Like say someone is there and you kill them, then it can immediately be pulled out. But if there's no one there when you stab the bed, it'll take Jason like 15 seconds of working at it to get it out, at which time he's vulnerable. 

Something like that.

• Like 1

I recall hearing about this, but I'm pretty sure they said it would only be stuck for a certain period of time. Like say someone is there and you kill them, then it can immediately be pulled out. But if there's no one there when you stab the bed, it'll take Jason like 15 seconds of working at it to get it out, at which time he's vulnerable. 

Something like that.

That is correct.

Hey Ben, I just wanted you to see the previous few posts. We'd love it (and it'd create so much more replay value) if we get to choose what main weapon our Jason will be using per match. That way it doesn't get stale with one Jason always using the same weapon every time. For example, let's say we select to play as Part 7 Jason yet want to use the weapon that's officially designated as "Part 2's weapon" we should be able to do this. Therefore then for that match Part 7 Jason would be using Part 2 Jason's main weapon, and vice versa, using all possible combination of Jasons and main weapons. 

This would be great!

I actually just had an idea. If each Jason has their own unique weapon, maybe it's related to unlocks? In other words, when you start the game, all you have is J3 with an axe. But eventually you unlock J6 and his spear. You can then use a spear for both Jasons. Then you unlock J2, and get the pickax, so on and so forth. That does still beg the question though, who do you unlock WITH THE PITCHFORK!?

I actually just had an idea. If each Jason has their own unique weapon, maybe it's related to unlocks? In other words, when you start the game, all you have is J3 with an axe. But eventually you unlock J6 and his spear. You can then use a spear for both Jasons. Then you unlock J2, and get the pickax, so on and so forth. That does still beg the question though, who do you unlock WITH THE PITCHFORK!?

I like the idea, but you're right. Enough dilly dallying, let's get our thinking caps on and solve this mystery!

I think the easiest thing to start with is to eliminate the Jason's who, based purely on what we saw in the film, never wielded a pitchfork. That instantly eliminates 6,7,8, and JGTH (kinda, I'll get to that later.) We're left with 2 and 3. 2 used a pitchfork against Ginny, but never killed anyone with it as he clumsily broke it trying to stab Ginny under the bed, and we later see that she and Paul were armed with the broken pieces of the pitchfork when they opened the door expecting Jason. Then we have 3, where he kills Fox and Loco with two different pitchforks. Going strictly by this, the best bet for who gets the pitchfork would be part 3 Jason, even though everything we've seen so far (namely the concept art and the Virtual Cabin model) implies that he'll have the axe.

However, then we come to JGTH. He's very much a wild card in this whole mystery. Collectively we saw him for less than ten minutes in the movie, and he was armed with a machete. This one more than any of the others allows for the developers to stretch their creative muscles and really have some fun with. He could feasibly be armed with any of the weapons we've been presented so far.

Then again, there's also the possibility that the pitchfork is not a weapon Jason has, but rather an environmental kill like the marshmallow stick. Upon watching the PAX kill montage video again I noticed that both pitchfork kills took place inside, or right outside the barn, and both were near hay bales. The only thing holding this theory back is that after killing the hapless counselors, Jason walks off with the pitchfork, instead of leaving it in his victim like the marshmallow stick.

So in summation, I would say the best bet for who would have the pitchfork is either Part 3, or Jason Goes to Hell.

• Like 1