Just now, AdmiralJT said:

There is something in the way he looks longingly at Chad in this video.

It was pretty weird the way he looked at Chad in the trailer. He seemed angered by his presence, but I'm not very sure. 

Totally support a gay counselor as long as it’s not a stereotype. I’m gay and my biggest pet peeve is being portrayed as some pretty-boy whiny feminine homo. 

As for Kenny, he’s meant to be the all American outdoors guy/jack of all trades. There’s nothing remotely homosexual about his trope. But its fine if they want to make him that way but there nothing gay about him as he is now. 

• Thanks 1

this is a game from the southern states with developers working in more conservative states and so on and there's been heavily homophobic/LGBT hating youtubers(not people who joke a bit but actual fucking haters) promoted on their website so I don't think they will be making us a gay guy- BUT if they do I really hope he could look better than worn out t-shirt and light pants? I mean if hes a horror movie homo he should look the part and wear either a shirt/fit pants combo which was very common in the 80s if not wearing something like a sweater with normal pants

13 minutes ago, Aksana said:

this is a game from the southern states with developers working in more conservative states and so on and there's been heavily homophobic/LGBT hating youtubers(not people who joke a bit but actual fucking haters) promoted on their website so I don't think they will be making us a gay guy- BUT if they do I really hope he could look better than worn out t-shirt and light pants? I mean if hes a horror movie homo he should look the part and wear either a shirt/fit pants combo which was very common in the 80s if not wearing something like a sweater with normal pants

Thanks for the suggestion and info. I’ll update his clothing lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I see a lot of people using the word "homo" in this thread. Is that still ok? 

You do realize youre on the internet talking about video games right? 

6 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Yea. And?

I just thought it was common knowledge that these communities are extremely toxic what with the constant barrage of racial/sexist/homophobic slurs and the like.

Oh ok. 

I think it's ok, really. It's short for homosexual. There's nothing dehumanizing about it.

I also like "retard". I think it should join the ranks of "imbecile" and "moron". Those too were official medical terms at one point and now they're just awesome insults that have been adopted by all. 

We also need more mentally challenged and handicapped Twitch streamers. I saw this guy play Fortnite with his mouth....amazing!!!! Where are the incredible autistic players too? I know there's that player named Shroud but I'm thinking more like Rain Man or that blind guy from England that can listen to something once and play it back on the piano with 99% accuracy; velocity AND duration. 

We are just fascinating, fascinating creatures. We're the best in the universe. The bible was right.    

6 hours ago, Jdt827 said:

Totally support a gay counselor as long as it’s not a stereotype. I’m gay and my biggest pet peeve is being portrayed as some pretty-boy whiny feminine homo. 

As for Kenny, he’s meant to be the all American outdoors guy/jack of all trades. There’s nothing remotely homosexual about his trope. But its fine if they want to make him that way but there nothing gay about him as he is now. 

Gay guys can be all the things Kenny's trope supports lol

Don't think we really need to bring LGBT into Friday the 13th..that's the last thing we need, What's next? "THE REPUBLICAN COUNSELOR" "THE LIBERAL COUNSELOR"

• Confused 4

1 minute ago, MyersVoorhees said:

Don't think we really need to bring LGBT into Friday the 13th..that's the last thing we need, What's next? "THE REPUBLICAN COUNSELOR" "THE LIBERAL COUNSELOR"

Are you homophobic?

58 minutes ago, MyersVoorhees said:

Right. Let's get rid of those pesky black counselors while we're at it. /sarcasm

Also, I'm fairly certain we already have a republican counselor. His name is Chad.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MyersVoorhees said:

I agree. When you define characters by their sexual orientation you're literally just turning them into crass stereotypes and caricatures. I mean, imagine someone asking for a "straight male" trope, it's kinda silly.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Elias Voorhees said:

I agree. When you define characters by their sexual orientation you're literally just turning them into crass stereotypes and caricatures. I mean, imagine someone asking for a "straight male" trope, it's kinda silly.

That's too smart for 90 percent of this crowd.

22 minutes ago, Elias Voorhees said:

I agree. Maybe the trope should be changed and his orientation kept a secret, or whatever.

To be honest, I thought Kenny was 'extremely' gay because I saw his pink "sexy" police uniform. But idc lol

31 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

I agree. Maybe the trope should be changed and his orientation kept a secret, or whatever.

To be honest, I thought Kenny was 'extremely' gay because I saw his pink "sexy" police uniform. But idc lol

I wondered about Kenny too... :P

79fda6aea71baaed9f405af412ad15bc.jpg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Elias Voorhees said:

Hot

Do not assume these guys are homophobic because they didn’t like the idea. Why does everyone jump to that? It’s okay to not give a shit about someone else’s sexuality. I wish more people didn’t give a shit about it lol... on that same note, sexuality is not political though. This does not open the door to liberal vs republican or anything like that. It’s just about representation and frankly, it’s not that important (gay guy here) but you need to let the gays decide if they want to be represented. It’s not up to anyone else. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Jdt827 said:

Agreed. lol.  Most of my gay friends seem more similar to Adam's character lol.  To be honest, I don't really see the need to specify any counselor as gay or straight, but if they did I wouldn't care.  Its 2018.... gay, straight, bisexual, pansexual, whatever.... Who cares?  

1 minute ago, Jdt827 said:

It’s okay to not give a shit about someone else’s sexuality. I wish more people didn’t give a shit about it lol

I agree again.  Don't know why so many people get so hung up on what others do for sexual fun.  

13 hours ago, Elias Voorhees said:

WHERE IS THIS FROM!?

As a gay guy I'd have no issue with this, but it'd need to be done right. But honestly I just pretend Kenny is gay and that works for me. Being realistic I don't think an openly gay counselor will happen though, and that's ok. If they do make one, I wouldn't want him being a complete stereotype though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FinalBoy said:

As a gay guy I'd have no issue with this, but it'd need to be done right. But honestly I just pretend Kenny is gay and that works for me. Being realistic I don't think an openly gay counselor will happen though, and that's ok. If they do make one, I wouldn't want him being a complete stereotype though.

Exactly. I don’t need to any media to represent my sexuality. Most people aren’t even gay. So who cares? Friday the 13th isn’t about this kinda stuff and doesn’t need to be. Like I’m fine if we have it, I’m not offended if we don’t. I just want to play the game.

Also - I fear that could open the door to bullying or players team killing the gay trope. I am not sure we should definitely define sexual orientation. All of the current counselors can swing both ways. The imagination let’s toy create your own story around each of them. 

Like I can’t help it, I just worry there will be some 11 year old kid out there playing the gay counselor and random players are calling him names or making fun of him and I just don’t think having a defined LGBT trope is necessary - especially in the age or sexual ambiguity and non-labels.

• Like 2