MrCaffeine

Art Book + Sound Track Drop date?

Every backers should check their email box, I just received this from Gun Media 5 mins ago:

Soundtrack and Artbooks are Shipping! Good news everyone!

The long-awaited Art books and Soundtracks for Friday the 13th: The Game are currently being shipped by our partners at Limited Run Games, just in time for the holidays! It has been a long process for everyone here at Gun Media, but the team is happy to announce that our fulfillment of these backer rewards signifies the completion of our promised rewards to you backers who helped make this game a reality. We thank you for your support, your patience and your understanding through all of this. While things were certainly not the smoothest, our team has remained committed to providing for our backers through it all. 

Those who backed physical versions should start to receive your items over the next few days, potentially weeks given location (international shipping does generally take longer), while those of you who have backed for digital versions of the art book or soundtrack can begin to download your rewards straight from Backerkit now!

We hope you enjoy these last reward items from our crowd-funding campaign!
Thanks again, 
Gun Media

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same! Why didn't I back this game!!! 😭. I hope someone is generous enough to share some of the stuff on here though. Very interested to see how the artbook turned out!

22 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Glad to hear it, lucky ducks the lot of you. I’m very jealous right now, 😊.

Well, if you're looking for the soundtrack the one they're sending is the same as the one available from La-La Land Records. They both have the same tracks, only the cover is different. You can also buy it in digital form from Harry Manfredini on bandcamp.

17 minutes ago, makred78 said:

Well, if you're looking for the soundtrack the one they're sending is the same as the one available from La-La Land Records. They both have the same tracks, only the cover is different. You can also buy it in digital form from Harry Manfredini on bandcamp.

Thanks I didn’t know it was available from La-La Land. I going to have to pick up a copy, not a big fan of digital copies though so it’s nice to have an option. I’m still jealous I missed my shot at an art book but I’m happy for you all. 

While I understand that it's been a long wait and that people are excited please be mindful of formatting that distorts the forum. 

Finally!  I'm glad i got the digital downloads for the soundtrack and artbook but i'm pretty disappointed in the file sizes as they are pretty small (less quality).  The music files are ok coming in at 192 CBR with a file size of 166 MB for the album.  The album is the one i had bought on CD that i mentioned a while back (page 5) in this thread.  The artbook looks ok with 158 pages at 103 MB.  Now to go buy those other 2 soundtracks i mentioned as well. 

I gotta say the art book is actually a huge disappointment. At least the digital version. Which of course is the same as the physical one I’ll get. Enormous wait time for not whole lot. Was expecting to see all sorts of in process stuff, maybe different versions of counselors as they went through the art process. Different poses. Things that were possibly going to be used as far as clothing, poses, scenes, etc. Instead it’s just a book filled with mostly rehashed images. A few new things here and there. But for 160 pages it really comes across as bare bones. And barely anything written in it either. lol... Just disappointed 

How long was the art book delayed? About a year and a half right? 

For 10 pages (out of 160) of Single Player content including VC, 8 of which are just screenshots.

😆

Just received the physical art book I have not read through it yet but am quite happy with the overall quality of the book and images inside!!

Edit * just finished reading through it enjoyed the behind the scenes info on the design process !!

The ART book perfectly captured the Art from the game! Hell the only complaint is a would have liked to have all the loading screen images also but I have the game for that ...

so definitely Happy with it great paper quality and so is the Binding the logo and Jasons mask on the back are very cool additions....

also appreciate the thank you Art book Backers page that has my name in it !!!!!

Finally got the material.  I enjoy the art book and sound track, I wish it had some of the unreleased material - it also seems short and rushed.(I noticed some typographical errors).  Either way its a cool addition to the game.  I only wish there was more coming down the pipe.

For those that have received that art book, does it mainly consist of images we have seen from all the panels they did as well as game renders or captures of assets from the unreal engine program? Outside of that was there any unseen images of things like the unreleased collectibles that were going to be put into the game if the lawsuit didn't halt it or any other stuff?

31 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

For those that have received that art book, does it mainly consist of images we have seen from all the panels they did as well as game renders or captures of assets from the unreal engine program? Outside of that was there any unseen images of things like the unreleased collectibles that were going to be put into the game if the lawsuit didn't halt it or any other stuff?

Good questions, I’d love to know too. “What’s in the box?” Lol

• Like 1

Well, there is some stuff I've never seen before. For instance all of the different looks Savini had before they picked the one we got. I like what I received but like others I was anticipating...more? More behind the scenes things. Most of it is just models from the game, killer and counselor, with a bit of text. I was a bit let down that pages with lots of black space have very little text. Most of the book in fact has very little text. I also liked the different phases they went through with Tommy and showed actual feedback from Thom Mathews.

But yeah like a few others have said it looks like it was rushed and the single player/vc stuff was a bit underwhelming.

Like @undrtkrposted...

there are a quite a few pages of images I have never seen before a few concepts images about the design phase for promotional images that were really cool.... same for the Savini Jason reveal image.....I would have liked all the load screen images and a little more from each map would have been nice.

all the models are from in game images Jasons and the counselors concepts images are all included and how they wanted to portray each character likeness and if they were based on a backer or not... over all a cool addition to the game could have had more to it but still shows off all the main Art work that was part of the game.

On 12/24/2018 at 12:09 AM, Official_Adam_W said:

Mostly images we have seen... nothing new that would blow your mind....the book mainly shows off promotional artwork and in game character model assets, and their various costumes...

it doesn’t spend much time on the maps and the images shown are mostly computer rendered background images from the main locations.

obviously it could have even more to it but it is very much about showcasing the art that was used to develop the assets/ locations and promote the game.

I'll try to be descriptive about the book as I can.

The book itself measures 6 1/4 inches by 7 1/4 inches and has 156 pages. The book is completely black, with "The Art of Friday the 13th The Game" on the front and Jason's hockey mask (intact save for the notch in the upper left) on the back. The book is broken down into chapters:

Foreword - an introduction to the art book.

Key Art - Photos and images that show how different pieces of art (box cover, Part VI graveyard scene, head crush kill, sleeping bag kill, Savini Jason skin) were developed

Jason - images of each Jason (including Savini's version), with mask and without, with notes on how each individual Jason was developed and refined through feedback.

Counselors - Concept art and final renderings of counselors, with descriptions of each. Mention is made of Adam. Buggzy, Eric, and Kenny, who backed the game through Kickstarter's "create a counselor" level. Also included are photos on development of Tommy Jarvis, and characters added through updates (Fox, Mitch, Shelly and Victoria). There's a section of the counselors in their swimsuits and Halloween costumes, with notes throughout. Special attention is given to Tiffany's butt as an example as to the level of detail given to the game and no, I am not kidding. :D

Locations - Concept art of game locations (Higgins Haven Interior - Living Area, Higgins Haven Barn Exterior, Pakanack Lodge Porch, Packanack Interior Living Room, Morovian Cemetery, Camp Crystal Lake sign (from part 1),  Crystal Lake, Pinehurst (Exterior, Main House Exterior, Barn) Jarvis House Exteriors (2 of them), and Hall of Jason from the Virtual Cabin.

Single Player - Single Player Challenges Concept Art, as well as art for Virtual Cabin 2.0

Marketing - Graphics of the steelbook and Revision 2 variant cases, and VHS case mockups that were not used.

Art Book Credits

Art Book Backers List

Hope this helps! Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions :)

16 minutes ago, CastilloRA said:

Hope this helps! Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions

Sorry didn’t want to PM you but I did have a question. Is Buggsy included in the create a Counselor section, I thought he was a backer at that level?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Sorry didn’t want to PM you but I did have a question. Is Buggsy included in the create a Counselor section, I thought he was a backer at that level?

He is. That info was further down in his notes description. Thank you for pointing that out. I've made the necessary correction.  :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CastilloRA said:

He is. That info was further down in his notes description. Thank you for pointing that out. I've made the necessary correction.  :)

No worries and thanks for the breakdown, it was much appreciated.

• Like 1

My art book arrived yesterday(waited a bit longer as I’m in the UK) pretty disappointed though as one of the pages is torn. Guessing this has happened prior to packing as the book was packaged very well. Does anybody know which email address is best to contact them?