18 minutes ago, NightofthePodcast said:

I don't know enough about legal contracts and the Kickstarter TOS, but providing prepaid content to someone sounds like the reason they are still working on the book and soundtrack. As far as Uber Jason goes, he was never promised unless I missed the promise from the Devs. I know he was talked about and obviously worked on, but I don't recall a promise, especially not when the game was initially released. I backed this game from the beginning and the only mention of Uber Jason was in certain stretch goal on Kickstater, which they did not reach.

He was promised in the Virtual Cabin. The second they put him in there, he was promised to anyone that bought the game. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NightofthePodcast said:

I don't know enough about legal contracts and the Kickstarter TOS, but providing prepaid content to someone sounds like the reason they are still working on the book and soundtrack. As far as Uber Jason goes, he was never promised unless I missed the promise from the Devs. I know he was talked about and obviously worked on, but I don't recall a promise, especially not when the game was initially released. I backed this game from the beginning and the only mention of Uber Jason was in certain stretch goal on Kickstater, which they did not reach.

He was still promised to the players, they kept telling everyone soon. $40 is the same as the backers, the players paid their money waiting for Uber Jason to be given to us. A lot of things were promised and there was a few on the goal on the kickstarter that were met. The Art book and soundtrack still relate to the game, the music yes comes from the movies but it's also tied to the game. The art used in the game are being put into a book and given to the backers which is still content being made from the game. So that should be put on hold till the law suit is over. 

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

He was still promised to the players, they kept telling everyone soon. $40 is the same as the backers, the players paid their money waiting for Uber Jason to be given to us. A lot of things were promised and there was a few on the goal on the kickstarter that were met. The Art book and soundtrack still relate to the game, the music yes comes from the movies but it's also tied to the game. The art used in the game are being put into a book and given to the backers which is still content being made from the game. So that should be put on hold till the law suit is over. 

There is a slight distinct difference.

People donated 45 or 55 bucks to the kickstarter specifically for the Art/Soundtrack, because they could have donated less to still get the game, help out the devs, etc... 

Whereas how many people paid 40 dollars for the game specifically to play as Uber?  You'd be hard pressed to make an argument that anyone went out and bought the game, since they announced Uber was going to come, just so they could play as Jason in Space and no other reason. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SirMang said:

There is a slight distinct difference.

People donated 45 or 55 bucks to the kickstarter specifically for the Art/Soundtrack, because they could have donated less to still get the game, help out the devs, etc... 

Whereas how many people paid 40 dollars for the game specifically to play as Uber?  You'd be hard pressed to make an argument that anyone went out and bought the game, since they announced Uber was going to come, just so they could play as Jason in Space and no other reason. 

You would be surprised how many people would rush out to buy a game the moment something they like is put into it. Yes backers paid more but both items were promised, people who paid their $40 who were waiting and have been waiting since it was announced and shown to everyone that Uber was coming. Allowing the art book and soundtrack to be released to the backers should be against the lawsuit as that is still making something from the game. 

12 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Allowing the art book and soundtrack to be released to the backers should be against the lawsuit as that is still making something from the game

The fact is that none of us are sure what deals or negotiations were made on the release of content. Promises can be broken. If you are a lawyer and have read all the documentation on the case, and if you have a better understanding of the legal system then I apologize. I'm not trying to sound like a dick here either. No matter how unfair it may seem that you're not getting your Uber Jason and backers are getting their soundtrack and art book, there's nothing that can be done. Feel free to discuss it and be upset about it; I know I wanted Uber Jason as well, but according to the information we received, it's just not going to happen. Again, no matter how "finished" you think he is, according to the Devs we're not getting him.

1 hour ago, NightofthePodcast said:

The fact is that none of us are sure what deals or negotiations were made on the release of content. Promises can be broken. If you are a lawyer and have read all the documentation on the case, and if you have a better understanding of the legal system then I apologize. I'm not trying to sound like a dick here either. No matter how unfair it may seem that you're not getting your Uber Jason and backers are getting their soundtrack and art book, there's nothing that can be done. Feel free to discuss it and be upset about it; I know I wanted Uber Jason as well, but according to the information we received, it's just not going to happen. Again, no matter how "finished" you think he is, according to the Devs we're not getting him.

I'm not lawyer smart, however if a lawsuit is being placed and a cease and desist order that would mean anything being made by Gun would be placed on hold, I would think the Art book and soundtrack would be apart of that since it is Friday the 13th merch being made by the company. If the art book and soundtrack and be released to the backers, why can't Uber? He is in the game files. Wouldn't that still be acceptable for the devs to finish without being against the lawsuit?  

Every backers should check their emails, I received an email a couple of hours ago with and update on the Artbook and soundtrack. The Artbook should contain over 100 pages and the soundtrack will include 2 discs of music from the game composed and performed by Harry Manfredini. They're roughly estimating around 6 to 8 weeks until we get those items in our hands. The digital versions of those items will be available through Backerkit when they begin to ship the physical items.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 10:49 PM, Ghostboy20 said:

I'm not lawyer smart, however if a lawsuit is being placed and a cease and desist order that would mean anything being made by Gun would be placed on hold, I would think the Art book and soundtrack would be apart of that since it is Friday the 13th merch being made by the company. If the art book and soundtrack and be released to the backers, why can't Uber? He is in the game files. Wouldn't that still be acceptable for the devs to finish without being against the lawsuit?  

I'm no lawyer either but I think the reason the art book/soundtrack is fine is that it has already been paid for and can be weighted into the overall value of the franchise. Releasing new DLC content for sale two months down the road wouldn't be.

Looking forward to the soundtrack. Really enjoyed the music in the game, so will be a worthy collection to my MP3 collection. I just wish I had bought the art book now.

Well, anyone knows what's happening with those art books and soundtracks? The last email we received about those two items said:

"In total, we're roughly estimating around 6 to 8 weeks total until these items are in your hands. This rough estimate includes time for us to proof the work and ensure it meets our standards for bot the CD and the artbook. They will be shipped out at the same time."

That email was sent on July 13th, over 9 weeks ago. Now, I know this was just an estimate and I never really expected it to be accurate, but I think it would be nice to know what's the status of those backers items. Are they at least shipped?

edit: Sorry for the double post.

19 minutes ago, makred78 said:

Well, anyone knows what's happening with those art books and soundtracks? The last email we received about those two items said:

"In total, we're roughly estimating around 6 to 8 weeks total until these items are in your hands. This rough estimate includes time for us to proof the work and ensure it meets our standards for bot the CD and the artbook. They will be shipped out at the same time."

That email was sent on July 13th, over 9 weeks ago. Now, I know this was just an estimate and I never really expected it to be accurate, but I think it would be nice to know what's the status of those backers items. Are they at least shipped?

edit: Sorry for the double post.

The response will be....”soon TM”

but Seriously I am also wanting to hear something about this at least an email saying  “we have been delayed  few weeks items will be shipped in the upcoming month.”

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The response will be....”soon TM”

but Seriously I am also wanting to hear something about this at least an email saying  “we have been delayed  few weeks items will be shipped in the upcoming month.”

Agreed. I too am waiting for these items to arrive.

Edit: Just got home and saw in my email that the printing of the book is almost complete. They will send another email in about a week or so when both art book and cd have been shipped. Woohoo!

• Like 1

I emailed them a week and half ago and still never heard back. This is one of the worst companies I’ve come across when it comes to dealing with their customers 

1 hour ago, undrtkr said:

Just got home and saw in my email that the printing of the book is almost complete. They will send another email in about a week or so when both art book and cd have been shipped. Woohoo!

Yeah I got that email too, at least we have an update on the situation.

I find it all convenient that our soundtrack as a backer isn't coming because of the lawsuit. I really don't care that it isn't but I just wish the Devs would stop their bullshit. I've inquired to them about this several times....all I get is that it's still coming. 

59 minutes ago, americanalien said:

I find it all convenient that our soundtrack as a backer isn't coming because of the lawsuit. I really don't care that it isn't but I just wish the Devs would stop their bullshit. I've inquired to them about this several times....all I get is that it's still coming. 

That information is incorrect. Both the artbook and CD will be coming out. Sounds more like your patience has worn thin and granted it has been awhile it does not mean it's not coming because your patience has worn thin. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JPops said:

That information is incorrect. Both the artbook and CD will be coming out. Sounds more like your patience has worn thin and granted it has been awhile it does not mean it's not coming because your patience has worn thin. 

Whats the hold up at this point?

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 6:40 PM, cruehitman said:

I emailed them a week and half ago and still never heard back. This is one of the worst companies I’ve come across when it comes to dealing with their customers 

Looks like communication is not one of their forte indeed.

On 9/18/2018 at 11:29 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

Whats the hold up at this point?

According to the email they sent yesterday it has something to do with the gloss on the art book's cover. Here's the exact explanation straight from that email:

"A small delay occurred with ensuring the UV Gloss on the cover to give the book that much more of a pop and quality enhancement that was correct for the printers."

On 6/26/2018 at 2:18 PM, The Milwauking Dead said:

He was promised in the Virtual Cabin. The second they put him in there, he was promised to anyone that bought the game. 

And that is why they should release him, even if unfinished.

• Like 1

Hey @ShiftySamurai, do you know if the F13th The Game's soundtrack that La-La Land Records is selling is the same thing that the one backers will receive?

4 minutes ago, makred78 said:

Hey @ShiftySamurai, do you know if the F13th The Game's soundtrack that La-La Land Records is selling is the same thing that the one backers will receive?

It is not the same, but I do not know what all is different (I don't have the La-La Lands Records album).

4 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

It is not the same, but I do not know what all is different (I don't have the La-La Lands Records album).

Thanks for the quick reply.

12 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

So Artbook is only for backers?

They said so a while ago on twitter iirc. Unless something changed along the way I don't expect the art book to be available for sale anywhere except places such as ebay and the like.

5 hours ago, makred78 said:

They said so a while ago on twitter iirc. Unless something changed along the way I don't expect the art book to be available for sale anywhere except places such as ebay and the like.

Damn they were missing out chances to make so much money.