Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Seriously,  this game have 1 year out and they still don't fix this. Was playing as LaChappa and I tried to get in a window,  and guess what,  the character decides to pick the item that was in the floor instead of get through the window. Was playing as A.J and I tried to close a door (Jason was right in front of me) and guess what, the character decides to pick up a weapon that was right next to the door. 

To be honest,  these things are just getting old.  They should make something like this: for pick an object hold X (or E for PC people) and for close doors and open windows just press it (without holding it) 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it can be annoying at times. I think you have to rotate the camera to look at the item you want to interact with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

Yeah, it can be annoying at times. I think you have to rotate the camera to look at the item you want to interact with.

That's not how it works. If you have like a windows for example but there's a wrench right in front of the window,  the character will do the thing that is closest to him instead of interact to what are you looking with the camera. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I thought this was a post regarding all the times a counselor/ Jason randomly can’t interact with windows, doors, closets etc. I find this happening a lot more frequently lately.

As for what you mentioned, yea it does suck when that happens but I doubt that’ll get fixed anytime soon. I find what@JasonLives86 suggested works, whatever object you highlight with the camera is what you interact with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is exactly why I make a conscious effort not to drop items near other interactable objects (drawers, cabin doors, other caried items, car doors, objectives, etc.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, doitagain said:

Oh I thought this was a post regarding all the times a counselor/ Jason randomly can’t interact with windows, doors, closets etc. I find this happening a lot more frequently lately.

As for what you mentioned, yea it does suck when that happens but I doubt that’ll get fixed anytime soon. I find what@JasonLives86 suggested works, whatever object you highlight with the camera is what you interact with.

Yeah, I don't have that many problems with Jason,  the mayor issue with Jason right now is hit detection. And yeah that is how it should be,  it works like that in all games FP or TP. 

 

1 minute ago, Ker Juice said:

This is exactly why I make a conscious effort not to drop items near other interactable objects (drawers, cabin doors, other caried items, car doors, objectives, etc.) 

But sometimes a player die throwed in a window and his objects stay to most close to the window,  that sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

 

But sometimes a player die throwed in a window and his objects stay to most close to the window,  that sucks. 

Yea, of course- that’s something we have no control over. Players actually drop crap too close to other useful interactive objects. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Seriously,  this game have 1 year out and they still don't fix this. Was playing as LaChappa and I tried to get in a window,  and guess what,  the character decides to pick the item that was in the floor instead of get through the window. Was playing as A.J and I tried to close a door (Jason was right in front of me) and guess what, the character decides to pick up a weapon that was right next to the door. 

To be honest,  these things are just getting old.  They should make something like this: for pick an object hold X (or E for PC people) and for close doors and open windows just press it (without holding it) 

The devs have done nothing to maintain the current game, not that it ever worked good, this new update(what ever month it drops) is going to make or break this game and they will have no excuse , I’m just sorry I backed this game and wasted $63 bucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

The devs have done nothing to maintain the current game, not that it ever worked good, this new update(what ever month it drops) is going to make or break this game and they will have no excuse , I’m just sorry I backed this game and wasted $63 bucks.

They haven't released nothing because they are updating the engine,  they can't add something when they are touching what moves the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Seriously,  this game have 1 year out and they still don't fix this. Was playing as LaChappa and I tried to get in a window,  and guess what,  the character decides to pick the item that was in the floor instead of get through the window. Was playing as A.J and I tried to close a door (Jason was right in front of me) and guess what, the character decides to pick up a weapon that was right next to the door. 

To be honest,  these things are just getting old.  They should make something like this: for pick an object hold X (or E for PC people) and for close doors and open windows just press it (without holding it) 

Agreed 100%. They seem especially bad lately. Servers are probably going to shit and it's not helping the situation. Had a bunch of wonky interactions last night.

Nothing is more frustrating than trying to interact with a door while Jason is on your ass and the counselor starts picking up weapons instead, even though you're LOOKING at the car door and can see the interaction icon for it and not the one for the weapon.

Fix that.

But like you said...Been a year. Do we really expect this stuff to disappear with the new engine? You'd hope that's the reason for it. But I guess we'll see.

Lack of updates about the progress from devs. Geting close to May 26th. I'm worried this update isn't gonna be what we all expect it to be. Could very well be the final nail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah this and also the infinite weapon swapping if a weapon is near a drawer or door and you already have one. The HUD is extremely inconsistent with or without lag or low frame rates. It also doesn’t help that your character will show starting to interact with something and then clip onto another object and finish your interaction on another object. They need to rework the LOS as having priority over something that’s on the ground or adjacent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Agreed 100%. They seem especially bad lately. Servers are probably going to shit and it's not helping the situation. Had a bunch of wonky interactions last night.

Nothing is more frustrating than trying to interact with a door while Jason is on your ass and the counselor starts picking up weapons instead, even though you're LOOKING at the car door and can see the interaction icon for it and not the one for the weapon.

Fix that.

But like you said...Been a year. Do we really expect this stuff to disappear with the new engine? You'd hope that's the reason for it. But I guess we'll see.

Lack of updates about the progress from devs. Geting close to May 26th. I'm worried this update isn't gonna be what we all expect it to be. Could very well be the final nail.

I know right?! For some reason this is happening now more than ever, and it's getting real annoying. And yeah, the two situations I said in my first post, in all of them I died because the interactions are just bad done and the devs doesn't seems even to know that these things happen, sometimes I think that they even don't play their own game, if they played it for fun, they would had find most of the annoying bugs and glitches right now.

I don't expect this to be fixed with the new engine, the new update seems to be in the certification progress, and even if they read this I don't think they would be in time to fix it. And I don't think it would fix it with the engine upgrade, since it's not a bug, it's most likely a bad execution of gameplay. It's obvious that the update won't come in May, with almost 5 months without any update it's secure that this is their last chance, if they play it bad now people will start leaving.

11 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Yeah this and also the infinite weapon swapping if a weapon is near a drawer or door and you already have one. The HUD is extremely inconsistent with or without lag or low frame rates. It also doesn’t help that your character will show starting to interact with something and then clip onto another object and finish your interaction on another object. They need to rework the LOS as having priority over something that’s on the ground or adjacent. 

Agree. Not sure why nobody had complain about this yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

They haven't released nothing because they are updating the engine,  they can't add something when they are touching what moves the game. 

Oh I’m very aware , hopefully this update doesn’t take another month, this game has been on life support for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the item swapping thing has happened to me a couple times too by a window when Jason was right behind me. So annoying when it happens.

I've also had a few times where I was running to leap out the nearby window and for whatever reason my character decided to hide in the closet near the window right in Jason's sight. The times that happened the Jason probably wondered what in the world I was doing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Seriously,  this game have 1 year out and they still don't fix this. Was playing as LaChappa and I tried to get in a window,  and guess what,  the character decides to pick the item that was in the floor instead of get through the window. Was playing as A.J and I tried to close a door (Jason was right in front of me) and guess what, the character decides to pick up a weapon that was right next to the door. 

To be honest,  these things are just getting old.  They should make something like this: for pick an object hold X (or E for PC people) and for close doors and open windows just press it (without holding it) 

I'm dead too many times because of this. I agree this has to be fixed because it's very annoying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My beef is when my character is standing still in front of a window and I tap E to open it and instead she dives through the closed window. Since I usually play Deb 2 of these can lead to a very short round.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...