Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We've all had games before where you're playing as Jason and you see several people standing at the police exit because they know they've won but just want to troll Jason by either setting off firecrackers, ganging up on him, or have several knives and just want to use them on Jason. It's annoying not just for the guy playing as Jason but for all the other players that just want to get on to the next match and don't want to watch Jason get trolled for 10 minutes. I think a good counter for this would be for there to be 1 speargun somewhere on the map that Jason has to find. It would only have 1 shot so he couldn't use it over and over, but it would be a long range one hit kill with it's own kill animation. Having this would be a good way to prevent trolls from just standing at the exit dancing because then one of them would run the risk of dying from a spear flying into their head.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Graverob said:

We've all had games before where you're playing as Jason and you see several people standing at the police exit because they know they've won but just want to troll Jason by either setting off firecrackers, ganging up on him, or have several knives and just want to use them on Jason. It's annoying not just for the guy playing as Jason but for all the other players that just want to get on to the next match and don't want to watch Jason get trolled for 10 minutes. I think a good counter for this would be for there to be 1 speargun somewhere on the map that Jason has to find. It would only have 1 shot so he couldn't use it over and over, but it would be a long range one hit kill with it's own kill animation. Having this would be a good way to prevent trolls from just standing at the exit dancing because then one of them would run the risk of dying from a spear flying into their head.

Good reason to add a speargun.

Would be freakin´ awesome , if they´d explode and also kill everyone who is in near proximity , which would even help agains the counselors waiting by the Police.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Good reason to add a speargun.

Would be freakin´ awesome , if they´d explode and also kill everyone who is in near proximity , which would even help agains the counselors waiting by the Police.

I think exploding them and killing everyone around them would be a bit overkill, like I said it's main purpose would be just to prevent people from standing by the exit dancing because nobody would want to run the risk of getting shot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean I love the idea of the speargun but I think Jasons knives could just as well double the damage when the cops come/car starts if its too much work putting the gun in the game, would you suggest it to do piercing damage like the shotgun btw?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love it. I get so annoyed when survivors troll. It’s like, I’m not gonna chase you when two feet back, you’re at the cops and if I get that close, I have to do the shooting animation. I’m not interested in that. You won. Now fucking exit already. But man would it feel good to be able to just instant aim and shoot them in the head with a speargun and show them who is boss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Graverob said:

We've all had games before where you're playing as Jason and you see several people standing at the police exit because they know they've won but just want to troll Jason by either setting off firecrackers, ganging up on him, or have several knives and just want to use them on Jason. It's annoying not just for the guy playing as Jason but for all the other players that just want to get on to the next match and don't want to watch Jason get trolled for 10 minutes. I think a good counter for this would be for there to be 1 speargun somewhere on the map that Jason has to find. It would only have 1 shot so he couldn't use it over and over, but it would be a long range one hit kill with it's own kill animation. Having this would be a good way to prevent trolls from just standing at the exit dancing because then one of them would run the risk of dying from a spear flying into their head.

It would be cool, but. I highly doubt it...

Well.. Maybe in SP challenges. But Multiplayer? I don't think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stationary speargun turrets at the exits please and thank you. Just one hit spears with a rope attached that drags the dead body back into camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:00 PM, Graverob said:

I think exploding them and killing everyone around them would be a bit overkill, like I said it's main purpose would be just to prevent people from standing by the exit dancing because nobody would want to run the risk of getting shot. 

 

1 hour ago, Whammigobambam said:

Stationary speargun turrets at the exits please and thank you. Just one hit spears with a rope attached that drags the dead body back into camp.

While I would want the speargun in the game. Making the spears explosive or putting in turrets is kinda about a mile away from where I draw the line.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MRWood204 said:

While I would want the speargun in the game. Making the spears explosive or putting in turrets is kinda about a mile away from where I draw the line.

About a mile away was what I was thinking the range could be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Whammigobambam said:

About a mile away was what I was thinking the range could be.

Maybe we could add a heat seeking option as well?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I admire everyone's enthusiasm, I think that F134ever86 had it best. I was thinking the range could be the same as it was in part 3 which was somewhere between 15 to 20 feet. At the very least it should have the same range as the shotgun in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Graverob said:

It would work EXACTLY like this. One time use only.

I think it would need to be like an environmental kill, not something Jason would be able to run around with.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MRWood204 said:

I think it would need to be like an environmental kill, not something Jason would be able to run around with.

I agree an environmental kill for this would be cool, but the idea behind it is to stop people from standing at the exit trolling. Making it one specific spot on the map wouldn't make any difference in that regard unless you could carry it with you. Also it would appear in a random spot somewhere on the map so it wouldn't be easy to find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd personally laugh my ass off if I saw a dancing Tiffany get speared onto a tree while her friends run in terror.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Graverob said:

I agree an environmental kill for this would be cool, but the idea behind it is to stop people from standing at the exit trolling. Making it one specific spot on the map wouldn't make any difference in that regard unless you could carry it with you. Also it would appear in a random spot somewhere on the map so it wouldn't be easy to find.

I agree the dancing at the exit can be annoying, but it has dropped a lot in my own opinion since they took away all the PKs. I would rather them use the spear gun as a kill then a projectile. We all know how cool those throwing knife deaths can be.

Besides, if some player wants to give me another shot at killing them then escaping, I am all for it. And slashing down a dancer at the exit is pure bliss.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May as well give Jason some grenades if you want the spear gun to explode. The turrets would be pretty damn funny though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not the ability to just throw your weapon at the counselor? If it connects, instant death, like how Jason killed Melissa in part VII.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mawlock said:

Why not the ability to just throw your weapon at the counselor? If it connects, instant death, like how Jason killed Melissa in part VII.

Not a bad idea, but then you'd be able to do that over and over. Plus what if you throw you weapon through a window to kill a player and the door was locked, you'd never be able to get it back then you're screwed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Graverob said:

Not a bad idea, but then you'd be able to do that over and over. Plus what if you throw you weapon through a window to kill a player and the door was locked, you'd never be able to get it back then you're screwed.

You wouldn't be necessarily be screwed if you could just pick up whatever weapon you wanted, like the counselors. But, hey, what if the counselors could pick up your weapon if you missed? Make the feature a whole risk/reward thing. 

I remember the condemned 2 multiplayer was like this. You could throw your axe/sledgehammer/whatever heavy weapon you had at someone, and if you hit them, your target would either take heavy damage, get stunned, or straight up die. If you missed, they would pick up your former weapon and go to town on your now, basically defenseless ass (you still had your fists, lol) .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

You wouldn't be necessarily be screwed if you could just pick up whatever weapon you wanted, like the counselors. But, hey, what if the counselors could pick up your weapon if you missed? Make the feature a whole risk/reward thing. 

I remember the condemned 2 multiplayer was like this. You could throw your axe/sledgehammer/whatever heavy weapon you had at someone, and if you hit them, your target would either take heavy damage, get stunned, or straight up die. If you missed, they would pick up your former weapon and go to town on your now, basically defenseless ass (you still had your fists, lol) .

 

I like the idea of finding different weapons around the map, but with the way the game is set up it wouldn't work just because most of the kills that you have as Jason are dependent on what weapon you have at the start of the match. Plus like I said, the one shot insatkill weapon should be a one time use and not used over and over. It would put the counselors at too much of a disadvantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Graverob said:

It would work EXACTLY like this. One time use only.

That walk afterwards though! Please this is my favorite Jason gives no fucks moment. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:00 PM, Graverob said:

I think exploding them and killing everyone around them would be a bit overkill, like I said it's main purpose would be just to prevent people from standing by the exit dancing because nobody would want to run the risk of getting shot. 

Yeah , I know that. But would be freakin´ awesome though.

In the movie , where he did the kill , you can see , that he had to use the lamp thingy to stabilize him though , if you look close enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...