AshTray900

Database failure retry results in lvl 0

I have two accounts both give database error and if I hit retry everything is gone on both level 0 nothing gained. Reset everything a bunch of times. What did you guys do???? For craps sake if there were no limit I'd be like level 300 I have a friend said hers returned to normal after the failure. I better not have lost a years worth of stuff!!!!!!! WTF IS UP???????

• Sad 1

EDIT: Appears to have been resolved. Progress is back.

Same.

I am getting the database login failed error and when I click on retry it logs me in but then I have no progression (rank/unlocks/badges/characters/etc).

This is happening on Xbox One. The backend servers for the game appear to be down/offline. This reminds me of launch week/month last year and with the one year anniversary next week this is not a good sign. 

Is it possible this is part of a backend server maintenance for the upcoming engine upgrade? Surely they would have notified everyone about any scheduled maintenance.

I am not having issues with any other Xbox One game. I've also been playing State of Decay 2 which does have a service alert but haven't had any issues with that.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

error1.jpg

It would be nice if they would notify us when they take it offline and say all your data is safe we just need to perform maintenance. I work in IT and I would never throw the hundreds of people I help offline without a notification on here etc for example

Nope my friends on xbox are starting to report the same thing I think Ralph is right they are taking the database offline. A notice would be much appreciated. Maybe they are trying to bring up dedicated servers and well get an update soon, but damn take it offline at 3 am on a Tuesday or something not friday right after work!!!

Even now they should be looking at these posts and replying to us, you know damn well they know there is an issue. If it has to go offline for a bit just freaking explain it and say hey your progress is still here

• Sad 1

Fucking great. I had my data corrupted launch week and it was a month before my shit got sorted out. Now its starting to look l get to relive this bullshit all over again... Yay...

Can ya... Can ya feel it??? My sarcasm???

Can someone tag a Dev and get us some answers up in here???

Edited by RandallFlagg
I had to poop

9 minutes ago, RandallFlagg said:

Fucking great. I had my data corrupted launch week and it was a month before my shit got sorted out. Now its starting to look l get to relive this bullshit all over again... Yay...

Can ya... Can ya feel it??? My sarcasm???

Can someone tag a Dev and get us some answers up in here???

I love the screen name lol!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

I love the screen name lol!

Thanks, Flagg is a man after my own heart ?

3 minutes ago, RandallFlagg said:

Thanks, Flagg is a man after my own heart ?

My life for you!!!!

• Like 1

I'm sure it will come back up. Since I dont think any of this progress is actually in a local saved file but rather a database they have tied to your account once they bring it all back up I hope it returns to normal but I'm seriously pissed there is no pinned post or anything letting us know what's up this is no special day players are not overloading it, it's the devs doing something

I’m on Xbox as well, I haven’t been on for a while. If my game progress is deleted, this game will get permanently uninstalled.

Hey everyone

We are actively looking into it. Nothing should have changed in our live environment so we arent sure why its just Xbox players and why it started about 3pm PST.

Our online player count has started to jump in the last 5 minutes though so whatever it was may have cleared up already.

EDIT: You shouldnt have lost progress, once your able to login to the database you should have all your progress back

- Gertz

• Thanks 2

Yes if my game progress is gone I will abandon it too and I'm a huge supporter of this game. I think progress loss would be grounds for refunds to every single copy sold, however I'm pretty sure this will not stay gone it happened to people awhile back and everything was returned to normal

1 minute ago, Gertz said:

Hey everyone

We are actively looking into it. Nothing should have changed in our live environment so we arent sure why its just Xbox players and why it started about 3pm PST.

Our online player count has started to jump in the last 5 minutes though so whatever it was may have cleared up already.

EDIT: You shouldnt have lost progress, once your able to login to the database you should have all your progress back

- Gertz

Thank you very much for the response!

• Like 1

Your progress will not be gone. Mine keeps going back & forth between 0 & 150. When it for back to 0, I restart my game a couple times then it switches back. Nobody is gonna lose their levels. 

3 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

Thank you very much for the response!

You are welcome

Sorry for the delay, there is a storm here in the Denver area where we are located so a number of people were commuting home when this started

- Gertz

• Like 1