thrawn3054

What do you consider a loss as Jason?

I only consider it a loss if I'm trying really hard and get a 0. Unfortunately most people I play with get salty if you kill them before you get your shift. So what I like doing is finding someone and tunneling on them until I get them limping listening to them complaining about spawn killing and slashing to jump away and do it again to someone else.

People being salty about early kills has got me use to not trapping anything and just chasing the car like a dog. Stopping a full 4 seater and killing that group is extremely satisfying. Or watching someone limp the entire game.

Honestly, anymore I just like to scare and toy with people... I've actually gotten a 6/8 today just because I lost track of time messing with people and trying to get "jump scares" lol. Idc if I kill none... If I get people freaking out I'm happy. 

So long as I'm having fun, there is no lose. Quit putting so much pressure on yourselves and JUST. HAVE. FUN?

• Like 1

Dying or getting 0/8.

I used to think that getting less than 4/8 was a loss, especially since I've been destroying qp lobbies... Well, last weekend I got a nice lesson in humility. When playing in pm with brilliant players, never, ever, think that your basic play as Jason will lead to anything else but total humiliation. Went 1/8, and ofcourse the only one I got came back as Tommy and  he kicked my ass all over the place (who ever said Jason is too op is totally delusional).

Ps. I love playing with you guys!

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 9:37 PM, thrawn3054 said:

Other than the obvious of being killed as Jason, what do you consider a game lose as Jason? For me if I get 5-7 or 5-8 I consider it a lose. I feel like I need to get at least 6 for it to be a win.

First, I applaud your choice in handle.  

As Jason, anything less than a complete sweep (sans rage-quitters) is a failure for me, personally, when I'm behind the mask.  I don't hold others to the same standard when I'm a counselor, that's just how I approach it for myself.

Everything else is subjective.  Whether or not Tommy arrives, objectives getting completed, getting de-masked, those are all relative to the ability of the counselors in the match.  When it's a bunch of uncoordinated counselors scattering in different directions a total victory is hollow.

When it's a coordinated group working together to try stunlocking around objectives or working in tandem to force me into difficult decisions as Jason?  Every kill means so much more, and running the table in that scenario makes the victory so much sweeter.  

"Mommy is proud," indeed.

10 hours ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

Honestly, anymore I just like to scare and toy with people... I've actually gotten a 6/8 today just because I lost track of time messing with people and trying to get "jump scares" lol. Idc if I kill none... If I get people freaking out I'm happy. 

So long as I'm having fun, there is no lose. Quit putting so much pressure on yourselves and JUST. HAVE. FUN?

Man , I would love to feel like you. But. I. Can´t. Stop. Putting. PRESSURE. ON. ME! Have you got any tips for me?  I already am afraid when I see my Jason in the Intro.

who ever said Jason is too op is totally delusional.

And @lasse_hei , welcome to the right side.

4 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Man , I would love to feel like you. But. I. Can´t. Stop. Putting. PRESSURE. ON. ME! Have you got any tips for me?  I already am afraid when I see my Jason in the Intro.

And @lasse_hei , welcome to the right side.

I really don't think he is OP enough.

• Like 1

If I don't get all of the counselors, that's generally considered a loss. But, I suppose against a decent group, and by decent I don't mean trolling and bullying (that shit gets you killed), I think at least 6 at best feels good to me. Even the movies had survivors, one time Tommy Jarvis and Jenny Myers escaped in the two seater successfully after being the only left and botching the kill against me. Once the match was over I put on the game's credit sequence as I felt that matched deserved the outro. Obviously Jason dying, and that only happened a few times to me, and getting 0/7 or worse 0/8 is a failure and you may want to rethink how you play the franchise's mascot killer. :)

I don’t particularly care about getting 8/8...the only loss I consider is if I die as Jason. Sometimes if you have a competent boat or car driving you are screwed as Jason. I used to be a very great Jason but I’ve slacked off a little bit, I’m much better as a counselor. When the survival instincts kick in, it’s gonna be a bumpy road for any Jason to catch me. I don’t have anything to prove to randos in quick play, I’ve gotten all the trophies besides the 500 (I’m at about 412, I’ve been keeping track since launch) and 1000 as Jason.

In quick play, anything less than 8/8 is a loss.  In a private with mostly 150's, I still obviously want to get 8/8 but if I let 1 or 2 escape I still consider it a solid game.

Only dying.

Because that's the only time your name turns red and Pamela won't tell you that you did a good job.

On 5/17/2018 at 10:27 PM, Cokeyskunk said:

0/7.

It's hard out here for a Jason.

It all depends on the lobby.

If I got 4/8 with a bunch of great players I would consider that a win. 

btw Cokey, I am still loving the signature. I think it would look better though if the Cokey came in first without skunk attached, then skunk pop out in red just as the axe is hitting the counselors head. It would be easy enough just to slow down the animation or change the text time stamps. Thoughts?

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 6:37 PM, thrawn3054 said:

what do you consider a game lose as Jason? 

Missing a throwing knife. 

Can you do me a favor and change the thread title to "What do you consider a loss as Jason?"

Thank you

• Thanks 2

I normally play for fun and try to make my Jason as near to the film version as possible.

So I never avoid gun shots etc and try to make sure everyone has a fun game.

So as long as people have fun and I don't do any where Jason zig zag movements to avoid attacks I count it as a win.

Getting killed as Jason would be a loss but I doubt if it happened I'd be annoyed.

Edited by Ja1862

On 6/2/2018 at 2:35 AM, pro5pt0 said:

It all depends on the lobby.

If I got 4/8 with a bunch of great players I would consider that a win. 

btw Cokey, I am still loving the signature. I think it would look better though if the Cokey came in first without skunk attached, then skunk pop out in red just as the axe is hitting the counselors head. It would be easy enough just to slow down the animation or change the text time stamps. Thoughts?

Thanks. But something tells me @Kodiak doesn't wish to touch it again. He did a bang-up job on it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Thanks. But something tells me @Kodiak doesn't wish to touch it again. He did a bang-up job on it!

Yes out of all the signatures on the forums, yours is by far the best IMO. Don’t take me the wrong way the others are good as well, it’s just yours is more personal to your forum/game persona 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2018 at 3:52 AM, WashingtonJones said:

Can you do me a favor and change the thread title to "What do you consider a loss as Jason?"

I heart this.

5 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I heart this.

There's something to be said for addressingcommon mistakes.  What we need is a Grammarian thread in Off Topic with some of the more common errors, such as:

• "irregardless"
  • "I could care less"
  • "your/you're"

And that's just to start.  I have a feeling @WashingtonJones could come up with more than a few additional examples.

Not to be rude or nasty to forum users, mind you, but as a sort of general reference guide to common mistakes.  Just kidding, I'm a total asshole about that stuff.

Depends on the lobby.  In Private matches with all 150s who group up and finish all the objectives within 3 minutes, killing anyone is win.

In QP, I hate letting anyone escape.  That said I know the game isn't meant to be a clean 8/8 for Jason every game so having 1 or 2 escape is fine. Sometimes I even ignore an escape route for 2 people (2 seater or Boat) and as long as I kill 6 and no other objectives get done, I'm fine.  Also sometimes its fun to watch people fight over a spot in a 2-person escape vehicle.

Being killed or getting 0 kills.

I will admit I've been goose egged once against the private group I play in, straight up embarrassed me. Mommy still said she was proud of me though...