thrawn3054

What do you consider a loss as Jason?

With great team, I think 4-5/8 is a good win.

It's a loss when a troll/insult/glitching player survive. And when the boat escape, because I let them repair it for badges, so if I forgot to check the map when they escape, it's a big loss.

58 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Guys , this is so unnecessary right now.

You should better get back on topic now.

What really IS necessary right now?

This fluff topic? Or all the other fluff topics?

Nothing we discuss here matters right now. The update is coming and will be what it will be. Nothing we discuss here really has any impact on it.

If we really stop and thinking about it, since launch, how many suggestions from here have seen their way into the game vs stuff the devs did and no one asked for?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

What really IS necessary right now?

This fluff topic? Or all the other fluff topics?

Nothing we discuss here matters right now. The update is coming and will be what it will be. Nothing we discuss here really has any impact on it.

If we really stop and thinking about it, since launch, how many suggestions from here have seen their way into the game vs stuff the devs did and no one asked for?

Ok , man , I didn´t want to piss you off.

Then just do what you want , man.

I need to at LEAST kill 5 to feel as though I've succeeded in any way. Tommy is a bonus, of course. 

That said, I also consider it a failure if I let a counselor that got the drop on me/juked me/taunted me escape. That's something I really try to prevent if I can help it. 

Just now, Tailypo said:

I need to at LEAST kill 5 to feel as though I've succeeded in any way. Tommy is a bonus, of course. 

That said, I also consider it a failure if I let a counselor that got the drop on me/juked me/taunted me escape. That's something I really try to prevent if I can help it. 

Hello , @Tailypo , welcome to the Forum! Don´t Forget to introduce yourself! http://forum.f13game.com/forum/5-introduce-yourself/

We are happy to see you! Atleast most of us.

If more than two counsellors escape, anything below 5 kills, and dieing as a lose.

I'm not really bothered about losing, i bought the game to have fun. And i've definitely had a good time playing this.

• Like 1

I really would consider it a loss if one of three things happened.

1. You die as Jason.

2. You get 0 kills as Jason.

3. You didn't give the counselors a stressful match where they felt challenged and accomplished for surviving.

In reality, if you kill even one counselor you have "succeeded" as Jason. Personally, I'm not happy with my own performance unless I get 5 or more. I don't feel like I have lost if I don't, but I do feel I didn't up the difficulty high enough for my friends playing to really be challenged. Playing with the groups I do, getting 5 or more kills is an accomplishment in Private Matches. You have to keep up pressure on them to really make a dent a lot of the time.

• Like 1

Generally, the way I see it:

- Jason wins if everyone dies (suicides and betrayals count as they are direct consequences of Jason's killing spree).
- One or two survivors is a draw.*
- Jason loses if there are more than two survivors. It doesn't matter how this is achieved; an escape with the car is just as bad as the match ending in Jason's death.
- The counselors can't win as a group, per se. A counselor can reach a personal victory by surviving or deliberately & directly enabling someone else's survival by self-sacrifice. They should still work together to make sure Jason doesn't win. I don't really know why I feel like this, but I guess it fits the source material a bit better and enforces the survival horror aspect over the competitive nature of the game.

*(I recall the devs stated this was the sought average for the matches back in the early days. I thought, it'd be safe to interpret it as a draw.)

But I hold myself to more demanding standards as Jason. It's not a matter of "I'm better than everyone else"; instead,  I simply sport a different, rare (if not non-existent) gamestyle, which I don't expect from others. 
I don't feel like I've won if everyone didn't get a different kill label. By kill label I mean names of the kills as they appear in the lobby screen at the end of the round. This means everyone has to go with a different kill, naturally, but I also make sure I don't get the same label twice using executions that share their label (such as campfire and fireplace kills, both of which appear as Cooked). I try to avoid "Murdered", too. It doesn't matter if most of the players leave after they die (altering the appearance of the lobby screen), as I still know if I have messed up and repeated a kill. I'm only playing like this for my own amusement, after all.  

I set the bar real low.   I consider 1 kill and not dying as Jason a win...lol

I don't care if people escape.  Mommy loves me

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alkavian said:

I really would consider it a loss if one of three things happened.

1. You die as Jason.

2. You get 0 kills as Jason.

3. You didn't give the counselors a stressful match where they felt challenged and accomplished for surviving.

In reality, if you kill even one counselor you have "succeeded" as Jason. Personally, I'm not happy with my own performance unless I get 5 or more. I don't feel like I have lost if I don't, but I do feel I didn't up the difficulty high enough for my friends playing to really be challenged. Playing with the groups I do, getting 5 or more kills is an accomplishment in Private Matches. You have to keep up pressure on them to really make a dent a lot of the time.

I almost got killed by some PC pros live on stream last night...Was a close call. But I killed Vanessa with the sweater like a damn savage. It was pretty epic. So much salt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I almost got killed by some PC pros live on stream last night...Was a close call. But I killed Vanessa with the sweater like a damn savage. It was pretty epic. So much salt.

That was the best moment of the stream, the moment you rush in I was worried but then you took out the sweater then Tommy got salty. That was 100% the best stream 

5 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

I got the new grab in.

JollyGoodFellow got in Roy's green suit.

BarbaraAnn got in Melissa.

You got them to stop door combat.

They actually haven't been too bad. I'm not too sure how other companies work, but that seems pretty good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bigblue2581 said:

Listen I'm totally OK with being corrected on my grammar on a forum about a video game about an 80's slasher film. 

If ur wrong here, u'll be wrong everywhere.

However, it's ok to be loose and abbreviate, but only if everything is legible and coherent. There's another "c" word I'm looking for and, haha, it's not that one u dirty bastard. Let me think.

28 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I got the new grab in.

JollyGoodFellow got in Roy's green suit.

BarbaraAnn got in Melissa.

You got them to stop door combat.

They actually haven't been too bad. I'm not too sure how other companies work, but that seems pretty good.

Those are such tiny things though...

There are long standing issues, bugs, and balance issues (counselor stats and how they impact game mechanics, perk balance, completely useless perks, etc...) that are ignored while easy stuff like changing the color of a suit, adding another counselor (a glorified re-skin) or changing the grab animation gets done.

Either their priorities are way off, or they're just not capable of doing what most of us are asking for.

But the stuff you listed being changed really doesn't impress me. It ranges from "whoop-de-doo" (grab, suit, Melissa) to "well it's about damn time" (nonsensical door combat).

But if you think they deserve praise for removing door combat while things like car rubberbanding, interaction glitches, Jason only being able to grab (maybe/probably) stay in the game...nope.

I'll give them some credit if and when this update drops in time for the 1 year anniversary, as long as we can see that the last 5 months were worth it.

If it feels like the same game and still has the same problems, that'll be the end for me. They've had all the chances in the world to get this right for the fans and backers. Time is running out.

• Like 1

Anyone going out alive is a loss to me but that hardly ever happens

3 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Nice. 

But if you think they deserve praise for removing door combat...

I'd say they deserve a little slack not praise for it, because....

Either their priorities are way off, or they're just not capable of doing what most of us are asking for.

...they're not capable. They don't have the resources nor did they have the time to properly flesh this out at the basic level. It's hard for me to see past that to get upset with them, outside of the moment when something breaks however. I get more disappointed than mad at them. This game really needed another year or more before final release. 

But, if this was a AAA company then I would be very pissed.

My own win conditions for a regular game:
    1: Must... Kill... Everybody...
    2: Must... Use.... All.... Different... Kills...
    3: To have condition #2 possible... without getting a "murdered" kill... by using at least 3 different environment kills.
    4: Suicide prevention.... by any means necessary... even if it means you have to have a "murdered" kill by throwing knives... Only acceptable "murdered" kill allowed.
                                            #Suicide is not the Answer

Win conditions against the Jason Hunter games:
    1: Don't Die
    2: Don't run away.... tactical retreat to gather throwing knives is acceptable.... as long as you get back to the fight.
    3: Kill sweater girl and Tommy... preferably with environment kills. When the team tries to kill Jason, it changes the game's dynamic somewhat and can lead to a good number of escapes, but if I at least get these two I consider it a win... no matter how many others escape. If one of them escapes... this is not a win, even if I killed everyone else.
    4: If I lose my mask... that's on me. Condition #2 still applies... which can lead to dying very easily, particularly when you run out of throwing knives... unless something glitches or someone screws up the kill.
        I have still only died 3 times... with a continually growing number of attempts... but I lost count of the attempts quite a while ago.

Win conditions as a Counselor:
    1: Don't Die
    2: If condition #1 is not possible, then it is still a win if your sacrifice leads to one or more escaping... or someone getting the Jason kill. Getting absolutely nothing done, but distracting Jason while the boat escapes counts whether I die or not... as long as the people in the boat escape. Distracting Jason until the cops are called by someone else counts as well, even if I die during the distraction... as long as the cops got called and at least one person escapes.
    3: Get as many objectives repaired and operating as possible, priority of calling the cops... but other parts found can change priorities. If someone else is able to escape in a vehicle that I repaired, or helped repair... whether I lived or died before they could escape, I still count this as a win for the team... the same thing counts if one or more get away to the cops after I get them called... falling under condition #2 for others escaping due to sacrifice... whether the sacrifice was my in game life, or my seat in the car or boat. It is a bonus to me if I can accomplish this and still meet condition #1.

Any other outcomes not considered above and I consider the match a draw. Many games I play turn out as a draw under these conditions... one suicide, its a draw. Hit the wrong kill button causing the use of a kill twice, its a draw. Any time the battle Chads attack, its a draw as I am forced to slash them down. Battles over the car (or fuse box) usually lead to at least one slashing death or sometimes a use of a quick kill that I had already used... its a draw. Also, sometimes I just have bad luck with proximity of environment kills when I grab someone... if it was already a long chase... they get an execution... if I used that kill already its a draw.
    It is possible with my conditions for both Jason and counselors to get a win, at least in a match with the Jason hunters  Both sides get a win if: Jason kills Tommy and sweater girl and anyone escapes due to their  sacrifices... but these are my conditions and I only count them for which side of play I am in at the time.

12 hours ago, Ahab said:

[...]

2: Must... Use.... All.... Different... Kills... 

[...]

And here I thought I was alone in this :D

6 hours ago, D00las said:

And here I thought I was alone in this :D

There are quite a few players I have seen that enjoy changing it up for each kill... but sometimes, circumstances dictate the kill you can use. Like many other players, I find it boring when in a game with a Jason that only uses one kill... and it does not matter if they use the longest kill only or the shortest kill only... still boring.

Also... I forgot to add victory conditions for....

Offline Bots:
    1: No kill can be done with a counselor in a hiding spot... ever.
    2: Only environment kills can be used.
    3: Each counselor must be tagged with a quick throw at least once.
    4: It goes without saying, but.... Must.... Kill.... Everyone...

It is still easy to get a victory every time in offline bots, even with these conditions. If anyone else has some good victory conditions for Offline Bots I would like to read them. Hopefully the A.I. improvements for offline bots that is coming makes it a bit more challenging.