Dolemite

Question on Savini Jason's Mask

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Great paint apps bro!!! It looks top notch right now and it’s not even finished!! 

Neca would be proud?

Thanks, man! MY OCD pays off, occasionally. I plan on getting some serious work done on the figure this week. Hopefully another update will be coming...SOON.  :)

If I can think of a way to help with the chains I will post something later.

I am open to any and all suggestions! Thanks!

6 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Kane approves of my work-in-progress Savini.  :)

42337123100_a83e6b6a12_o.jpg

How awesome is that!!!

where did you see him to get a chance to show it off to him? 

And it also looks great by the way!

How awesome is that!!!

where did you see him to get a chance to show it off to him? 

And it also looks great by the way!

Monster Mania in New Jersey this past weekend. He was super-awesome...really took his time with each person at his table. He seemed legit impressed with my figure and was happy to pose with it. I met him once before about 10 years ago at a different con and it's seriously always the highlight of any event.

As for the figure, thanks again! I just have the thorny protrusions on his chest and the chains to do and he's finished. Hopefully this week I'll be able to do a proper photo shoot.

• Like 1

Monster Mania in New Jersey this past weekend. He was super-awesome...really took his time with each person at his table. He seemed legit impressed with my figure and was happy to pose with it. I met him once before about 10 years ago at a different con and it's seriously always the highlight of any event.

As for the figure, thanks again! I just have the thorny protrusions on his chest and the chains to do and he's finished. Hopefully this week I'll be able to do a proper photo shoot.

That’s cool man,

I have never meet him but just about everything I have seen or read he has always been a very cool dude to his fans...

Also did he choke you? Lol

keep up the great work with the figure!

So awesome. Nothing like a really good custom, eh?

33 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Also did he choke you? Lol

Not this time! I have a pic of him choking the shit out of me at a con about 10 years ago, but I knew something was up in Jersey this past weekend because while I was waiting on line to meet him I didn't see any chokes happening at all and got worried. When it was my turn I mentioned that he had almost choked me to death previously (I seriously felt it for around 20 minutes afterwards) and how awesome it was and looked bummed and said, "I can't do it anymore."

"No!" I replied. "Did somebody sue you??"

"Yup," he said, looking dejected.

Kane said no one was actually injured, but that he choked one guy recently and then got sued, and as a result...no more choking! When my girlfriend posed with him (she was majorly bummed, as this was her first time meeting Kane and she really wanted to be strangled), he DID reach his hand near her throat and told her "I SO want to strangle you." But, nope.

I'm thinking if I ever meet him again I'll have a lawyer draw up a consent form absolving him of any wrongdoing if he agrees to choke me.  :)

And we need to find out who ruined it for everyone else and make an example out of this motherfucker. Kane strangling his fans is a time-honored American tradition and this pussy fucked us all with his lawsuit.

28 minutes ago, Dogmatic said:

So awesome. Nothing like a really good custom, eh?

You would know more than most.  :)

I had Kane sign my copy of his autobiography and had the Savini figure wrapped in a sheet of bubble wrap, and when Kane noticed it he asked what it was, and that's when I showed it to him and asked if I could get a shot of him holding it. He was actually holding and looking it over for a while while we talked, so I'm hoping some of his aura rubbed off on the figure and maybe it'll come to life soon. Heh.

@Dolemite

Super cool story!

loved the “ So want to strangle you.” part to your girl lol.

I can’t believe some dick bag would sue Kane over something like that he is well known for choking his fans in photos to make meeting him more memorable.....

Just goes to show we can’t have nice things anymore because  everyone is becoming giant pussies nowadays.

Very frustrating..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Just goes to show we can’t have nice things anymore because  everyone is becoming giant pussies nowadays.

This sums up the world today, yeah.  :(

• Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 11:48 PM, Dolemite said:

Kane approves of my work-in-progress Savini.  :)

42337123100_a83e6b6a12_o.jpg

Nice job man wish I could of have met Kane Hodder at Day of the Dead.

2 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Nice job man wish I could of have met Kane Hodder at Day of the Dead.

Thanks, dude. Yeah, Kane was super-nice, took his time with everyone and was really fun to chat with.

A few other observations about meeting Kane:

He told me that at a recent con he dressed as bag-head Jason. When the idea was first posed to him he questioned it because he didn't play Jason in Part 2, but then he was reminded that he actually DOES play bag-head in the game, so that made it okay. I tool the opportunity to tell him that, because all the Jasons in the game are modeled after his very recognizable physique, that it was cool to see what Jason would have looked like if Kane had played him in every movie.

There was a kid and his mom ahead of me in line who apparently knew Kane personally, and when they left the mom kissed Kane on the cheek. Then I walked up and said, "You're not getting a kiss from me!" Kane feigned disappointment and said, "Then forget it! Get outta here!" He's a funny dude.  :)

BTW, the Savini Jason is pretty much done...I added the spikey things on his chest/shoulder and the chains. I'll probably post pics this weekend. Very happy with how he came out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

BTW, the Savini Jason is pretty much done...I added the spikey things on his chest/shoulder and the chains. I'll probably post pics this weekend. Very happy with how he came out. 

Can’t wait for the full reveal!!

2 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Show him off!!!!! DONT KEEP US WAITING MAN! ?