FrenchFriedPotaters

Graduation! Woo!

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

Come on @Kodiak!!

I was totally fine with you not saying before, but now you got me curious! Can you tell us what you do at least?

I don't share much information publicly :) PM if you're really interested.

8 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

? You should fucking read this goddamn article. https://nypost.com/2017/08/28/smarter-people-are-more-likely-to-use-curse-words/

(Took my 15 year old son to see Deadpool 2 lastnight. When we got home, his Mom asked how it was and he says "It was fucking awesome!!" Hehehehehe)

I've read that. Don't think it's exactly entrenched in science, but I enjoyed the argument.

Would you have taken your boy to see Deadpool at 10 or 11?

5 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I've read that. Don't think it's exactly entrenched in science, but I enjoyed the argument.

Would you have taken your boy to see Deadpool at 10 or 11?

I took him to see the first Deadpool when he was 13. My daughter wanted to go, and she was 10 at the time, and I had no issues leaving her ass at home. Hahahahahaaaaaa

Matter of fact, she still ain't seen the first Deadpool movie and she will be 13 in August of this year.

5 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I took him to see the first Deadpool when he was 13. My daughter wanted to go, and she was 10 at the time, and I had no issues leaving her ass at home. Hahahahahaaaaaa

Matter of fact, she still ain't seen the first Deadpool movie and she will be 13 in August of this year.

Would you let her play F13 and hang out on the forums knowing all the bullshit I say here?

9 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Well, there ya go. I'm sure you wouldn't have been thrilled at either of them dropping the F-bomb in front of you in elementary school, either. 

Swearing is usually reserved for emphasis. The problem is, when they're that young, they tend to say it in every sentence just because "they can" and it "feels cool." 

But I don't know anyone who's ever thought anyone looked cooler when they swore when it didn't make sense. It just makes them look immature.

Now again, there are times where it's perfectly understandable: stories, explanations, arguments, injuries, etc. But when you're not angry, and you say, "I'm #&@%in' goin' to the god&@%& store to #&@%in' buy some #&@%in' $#!%, and I'll mother#&@%in' be back later," you just sound like you're trying to impersonate Samuel L. Jackson. Either that, or you don't know any other adjectives.

And to your credit, sir . . . 

19 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

? You should fucking read this goddamn article.

This is the only real time I've ever seen you "over-swear,"  and that, too, was to make a point. 

Most are not against swearing. We're against kids swearing, and swearing for swearing's sake.

. . . gosh darnit to heck.  ?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Would you let her play F13 and hang out on the forums knowing all the bullshit I say here?

My daughter LOVES horror movies. She hears bad language everywhere (me, mom, grandpa, middle school friends, movies, her brother, school bus, etc) and if I'm honest I'll say it isn't the language or gore that we try to shelter her from. It's the sexual content that we try to keep her from.

She could see Deadpool if it wasn't for the "Calendar Girl" scene and a few other smaller moments.

As far as if I would I let her play F13? Yes........ Offline Bots Mode. No online play because of the amount of shitty people who end up in QP lobbies.

2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

As far as if I would I let her play F13? Yes........ Offline Bots Mode. No online play because of the amount of shitty people who end up in QP lobbies.

That all makes sense. The rape/sexual assault comments and such are a little much...

I have to admit I was swearing back in like second grade... Not as bad as I do now, but I wasn't really a "good" kid...

Do you let your son play?

31 minutes ago, Truth said:

That all makes sense. The rape/sexual assault comments and such are a little much...

I have to admit I was swearing back in like second grade... Not as bad as I do now, but I wasn't really a "good" kid...

Do you let your son play?

I'd let him but he doesn't. He's a video game freak but sadly he didn't get the love of horror like his dear old Dad. 

I was raised in a house that didn't allow cussing. I was 33 when my Dad passed away, and in all those years I only cussed around my Dad 4 times. One of those ended with my nose broke.

I (and my wife) cuss. She's pretty set on neither of the children using bad language but I'm a little more forgiving. I see cuss words as words. A means by which to express ones feelings. With that said, I also expect context and respect.

Let me explain.

Can my son or daughter walk up and ask "What the fuck is for dinner?" Uh......no. That shit ain't happening.

If my son or daughter gets picked on at school and says "I've asked you twice to quit doing that and if you do it one more time I'm gonna fuck up that pretty little face of yours" Yeah....... I'm cool with that. (This does NOT apply to them picking on each other, btw)

If my son or daughter had a accident/fell down and were hurt, I'd expect (and forgive them for) a few cuss words coming out of their mouths.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I'd let him but he doesn't. He's a video game freak but sadly he didn't get the love of horror like his dear old Dad. 

I was raised in a house that didn't allow cussing. I was 33 when my Dad passed away, and in all those years I only cussed around my Dad 4 times. One of those ended with my nose broke.

I (and my wife) cuss. She's pretty set on neither of the children using bad language but I'm a little more forgiving. I see cuss words as words. A means by which to express ones feelings. With that said, I also expect context and respect.

Let me explain.

Can my son or daughter walk up and ask "What the fuck is for dinner?" Uh......no. That shit ain't happening.

If my son or daughter gets picked on at school and says "I've asked you twice to quit doing that and if you do it one more time I'm gonna fuck up that pretty little face of yours" Yeah....... I'm cool with that. (This does NOT apply to them picking on each other, btw)

If my son or daughter had a accident/fell down and were hurt, I'd expect (and forgive then for) a few cuss words coming out of their mouths.

I agree with all of this.

Well . . . except for your dad breaking your nose. I'm sorry for that. But if you want a bright side to it, at least dads like that showed us how we WEREN'T going to raise our own kids, hm?

2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Good lad.  ?

Thank you. ?

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

And here I thought this was an adult forum. Guess I should clean up my language a bit.. Fuck.. ?

You're fine, I'm cool with vulgar language. :)

1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

You should judge People only by their personality and behaviors.

Awesome to see , that there are Kids out there that aren´t stupid!

Yeah, some kids are really stupid to the point where they do drugs for the sake of it. (ie: fitting in, etc) Thank you though!

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

Haha, I can tell you the name of the institute :) I just can't say much about what's actually in it. Basically a university with two campuses; one for business and management and the other is a research partnership with the British MOD. Given that firearms laws are so restricted in the UK, the only place the course could exist was at the location I did it at.

Thanks for the info, FORUM MOM. :)

1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Congratulations, little guy!!

? You should fucking read this goddamn article. https://nypost.com/2017/08/28/smarter-people-are-more-likely-to-use-curse-words/

(Took my 15 year old son to see Deadpool 2 lastnight. When we got home, his Mom asked how it was and he says "It was fucking awesome!!" Hehehehehe)

Translation: He's taken Mom to Prom

Not a huge fan of children playing this game. I've only had horrible experiences when there are kids in a session, but maybe you're the exception. 

And when given a choice between Chocolate and Vanilla.............

The answer is always CHOCOLATE.

1. Thanks! 

2. You're replying to @Cokeyskunk's post! I'm not going to interfere... yet.

3. Hilarious ?

4. Thank you. I'm not bragging, but I'm glad to be an exception out of pre-teens that think they are the most "dramatic, popular" kid ever. Chocolate for life ❤️

8 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I agree with all of this.

Well . . . except for your dad breaking your nose. I'm sorry for that. But if you want a bright side to it, at least dads like that showed us how we WEREN'T going to raise our own kids, hm?

It's been 20 years since and the nose healed just fine, but thanks. ?

And yes....... He definitely taught me things to pass on and things not to.

(I'd let him break my nose again if it meant I could hug him after. I miss him a lot.)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

One of those ended with my nose broke.

That's unfortunate...

13 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

at least dads like that showed us how we WEREN'T going to raise our own kids, hm?

Yeah I definitely could've used a beating as a kid... I'm fully aware of that now. I'm seeing my nephew turn into the little shit that I was (only worse because he's more like my brother) and it sucks... I'm truly afraid of the kind of person he's going to be...

31 minutes ago, Truth said:

That's unfortunate...

Yeah I definitely could've used a beating as a kid... I'm fully aware of that now. I'm seeing my nephew turn into the little shit that I was (only worse because he's more like my brother) and it sucks... I'm truly afraid of the kind of person he's going to be...

No problem. I can send @Bropollocreed79 over to give you one right now, if you'd like . . . ?

?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

No problem. I can send @Bropollocreed79 over to give you one right now, if you'd like . . . ?

?

As long as we can have some beers after... And make him do it at work so I could get a few days off lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Translation: He's taken Mom to Prom

Translation: I took my car to prom

NZc2.gif

2 hours ago, Truth said:

You just made my day! Sorry @Ghostboy20...

It's fine made me laugh. It's like that movie eight crazy nights lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Translation: I took my car to prom

NZc2.gif

Translation: Cars don't refuse to take it in the tailpipe. ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Yeah, some kids are really stupid to the point where they do drugs for the sake of it. (ie: fitting in, etc) Thank you though!

Yeah , it´s sad that some Kids even give up their personality , just to fit in or not get bullied.

Well , I think vanilla is the best. The Ice not the singer (did any of you watch his movie? A pretty stupid one). I actually can´t eat chocolate...it´s sometimes just.... a fight to eat for me. But I love caramel!

43 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Translation: Cars don't refuse to take it in the tailpipe. ?

Actual footage of my prom night 

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2018 at 4:43 PM, Cokeyskunk said:

Dude. 

You're less than a year older than my son, and he'd sit in the bathroom for ten minutes with a bar of soap in his mouth if I heard/saw him talking like that.

Remember: swearing doesn't make you cooler. It just makes people think you can't think of anything smarter to say.

(Well, unless you bust your thumb with a hammer. THEN, very few other words would do.)

?

My kids are 8 and 5, and they already know that the only appropriate time to use the word "jackass" is when you're behind the wheel of the car.  Although, to be fair, they say "J-word" and I always die laughing.

On 5/18/2018 at 9:13 AM, Kodiak said:

Haha, I can tell you the name of the institute :) I just can't say much about what's actually in it. 

Spoiler Alert: it's The Banzai Institute for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

On 5/18/2018 at 11:28 AM, Cokeyskunk said:

?

When did I become the resident knee-capping goon of the forums?  I'm no Shane Stant to your Jeff Gilooly, I only hurt feelings.

On 5/18/2018 at 11:49 AM, Truth said:

As long as we can have some beers after... And make him do it at work so I could get a few days off lol

Beer first, then you have your "workplace accident".  Those carpet tiles in your place of work are looking awfully worn down; it'd be a shame if one of them came loose and you fell and injured yourself as a result of your employer's negligence....

9 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Beer first, then you have your "workplace accident".  Those carpet tiles in your place of work are looking awfully worn down; it'd be a shame if one of them came loose and you fell and injured yourself as a result of your employer's negligence....

Well with how shitty our shelves are here, one good nudge would start a domino effect... That would make a much better presentation.

20 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

My kids are 8 and 5, and they already know that the only appropriate time to use the word "jackass" is when you're behind the wheel of the car.  Although, to be fair, they say "J-word" and I always die laughing.

The worst my kids yell is, "You butt!" Then my wife 'tsk, 'tsk, 'tsks them.

1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

The worst my kids yell is, "You butt!" Then my wife 'tsk, 'tsk, 'tsks them.

I'm more than happy to tutor them in the art of acceptable trash talk for children.

"Jabroni" gets a lot of use in my home as well.

3 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I'm more than happy to tutor them in the art of acceptable trash talk for children.

"Jabroni" gets a lot of use in my home as well.

"Doucher" is the word of choice in my house.

• Haha 1