I propose a simple thumbs up option after every round that gives points to everyone in the round. Players that accumulate points are more likely to be matched together based on the amount of points they have.  This would build cooperation amongst the playerbase, promotes good sportsmanship counselors who are having a good time to stick together, and most importantly encourages players not to troll because there is a reinforced system that discourages toxic play.

Only available in quickplay lobbies to deter abuse. No thumbs down option at all since it has no function other than to announce your displeasure to the group which can be seen as promoting toxic play.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Whammigobambam said:

And no thumbs down option at all since it has no function other than to announce your displeasure to the group which can be seen as promoting toxic play

I was completely against this idea, until I read the above line. 

I think I could support this idea.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

I was completely against this idea, until I read the above line. 

I think I could support this idea.

There have been rounds where the whole lobby played well, even Jason. I think if all players saw how much their play was received they would be more committed in the next round to achieve the points in the end. If they don't care about the commitment they are less likely to be matched with the ones that do.

1 minute ago, Whammigobambam said:

There have been rounds where the whole lobby played well, even Jason. I think if all players saw how much their play was received they would be more committed in the next round to achieve the points in the end. If they don't care about the commitment they are less likely to be matched with the ones that are.

My only concern is for new players that want to learn and play well. There needs to be someway not to lump them in with trolls and freeloaders just because they have no thumbs ups. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

My only concern is for new players that want to learn and play well. There needs to be someway not to lump them in with trolls and freeloaders just because they have no thumbs ups. 

The salt mines will harbor the trolls and new players will be ranked with each other more often. There could be a threshold for the points that doesn't allow players to separate far from the rest.

I like this idea. It could be taken further by awarding good players with extra cp after gaining enough points.

• Like 1

Vote to kick out @Qcici 0:29

A cooldown period much like the salt mines could reset your points after you go a few rounds without thumbs up and would help to keep the players fighting for that higher matchmaking tier and keep the ones that don't care as much fighting even harder to maintain it.

So in the end Salt mines would be lowest tier, normal tier will have those new players and players that come out of salt mines and players that don't care to earn the points, this higher tier would be the good sport tier that is only maintained with consistent good play, work and cooperation.

Id like this if it was implemented correctly.  Im at lvl 106 and in my entire time playing F13, Ive had about 3 private matches.  All have been from QP.

• Like 1