I don't know if it's been brought up (search didn't really show anything helpful), but we should be able to "tag" the phone house.  One of the biggest issues I run into with the fuse is being able to find the phone house.  Sometimes it feels like it disappears or something haha. 

Maybe by picking up the phone (before the fuse imstalled) would reveal it on the map?  I know people will say "play with a mic", which I do, but it's harder to find cooperative people with mics that aren't screaming twelve year olds.  

You might've made this a poll to see how many people like this idea.

My speculation is that it would be equally divided by people who love the idea vs. people who hate it.

Just now, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

I don't know if it's been brought up (search didn't really show anything helpful).  But, we should be able to "tag" the phone house.  One of the biggest issues I run into with the fuse is being able to find the phone house.  Sometimes it feels like it disappears or something haha. 

Maybe by picking up the phone (before the fuse imstalled) would reveal it on the map?  I know people will say "play with a mic", which I do, but it's harder to find cooperative people with mics that aren't screaming twelve year olds.  

I thought about this same thing. But thinking on it more, it would be hell to have the phone house marked on the map. I wasn't too happy about item parts showing up on the map, but it's something that needed to happen.

Plus, when playing with a good group, you'll be happy that the phone house isn't marked. Cooperation is huge part of the game.

But I do see where you're coming from.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

You might've made this a poll to see how many people like this idea.

My speculation is that it would be equally divided by people who love the idea vs. people who hate it.

That'd have been smart. Oops lol 

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I thought about this same thing. But thinking on it more, it would be hell to have the phone house marked on the map. I wasn't too happy about item parts showing up on the map, but it's something that needed to happen.

Plus, when playing with a good group, you'll be happy that the phone house isn't marked. Cooperation is huge part of the game.

But I do see where you're coming from.

That's how I felt too and that works well when you have good groups. The cooperative groups have just been few and far between the past couple of weeks I've played. 

I like the idea.  I've found the fuse a few times and couldn't find the cabin with the phone before Jason caught me. A lot of times I just drop the fuse hoping someone who has seen the phone cabin will pick it up.I dont have a mic 

The repair parts are already marked on the map, and the phone house is within a certain radius of where the fuse spawns. It's only ever in about 3 different spots on each map. I don't think it's all that hard to find.

• Like 1

Once you learn the spawn locations for each map it's pretty easy to find the house based on where you found the fuse. They almost always spawns a few houses away from each other.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Once you learn the spawn locations for each map it's pretty easy to find the house based on where you found the fuse. They almost always spawns a few houses away from each other.

That's what I thought, but most games recently, it feels like it didn't spawn.  I know that's not the case, but it's gotten super frustrating playing with dance parties and trolls who wont answer a question.  

• Like 1

Nah it’s already super easy to find the phone house and as other people already mentioned, the fuse is never too far from the phone. There’s got to be at least SOME challenge to the game c’mon.

27 minutes ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

I don't know if it's been brought up (search didn't really show anything helpful), but we should be able to "tag" the phone house.  One of the biggest issues I run into with the fuse is being able to find the phone house.  Sometimes it feels like it disappears or something haha. 

I'd tie that to the My Dads a Cop perk. If you find the fuse, and have the perk, the phone house gets marked on your map. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, doitagain said:

Nah it’s already super easy to find the phone house and as other people already mentioned, the fuse is never too far from the phone. There’s got to be at least SOME challenge to the game c’mon.

I agree that it shouldn't be tagged. But I also have been in matches where I couldn't find it. Even if it was out in the open and easy to find. I'm looking at you Higgins Barn

1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

I'd tie that to the My Dads a Cop perk. If you find the fuse, and have the perk, the phone house gets marked on your map. 

I could maybe get on board with that. But still don't like the idea.

Really shitty that so much of the game has to be dumbed down to substitute communication and proper gameplay because people are clueless.

Parts being marked on the map is already irritating enough. It's ridiculous how often you see someone leave a part marked and run away from it like they're deathly allergic. What's even more annoying is 9 times out of 10 it's a Tiffany or Vanessa player. You know, the characters meant to ferry items to objectives.

Nah. Don't worry. I'll trek across the map as Deb, get it all the way back, and fix the objective myself. Then they can bitch about how I didn't stop to pick them up on my way out.

Fuse box really isn't that hard to find if you have map knowledge. It's in one of 3 or 4 places on the map and the placement of other objectives can help further.

You can also look for a cabin with doors and windows already gone. Most Jason players will destroy that cabin after trapping it.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

6 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I could maybe get on board with that. But still don't like the idea.

Maybe it could be its own perk? That way at least you're risking something in order to see it. It would be far better than some of the existing perks...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Maybe it could be its own perk? That way at least you're risking something in order to see it. It would be far better than some of the existing perks...

The My Dads a Dev perk. Marks all items on the map, phone locations and tapes

Just now, MRWood204 said:

The My Dads a Dev perk. Marks all items on the map, phone locations and tapes

If they're going to tie it to a perk, it should be its own perk or the one that lets you start with a map. That's the only way it makes any sense. Why would your dad being a cop mean that you know where everything is in camp?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

If they're going to tie it to a perk, it should be its own perk or the one that lets you start with a map. That's the only way it makes any sense. Why would your dad being a cop mean that you know where everything is in camp?

It was an attempt at being funny. I'll take my kids advice and work on my material lol

1 minute ago, MRWood204 said:

It was an attempt at being funny. I'll take my kids advice and work on my material lol

Meh, you tried. That's what counts!

10 minutes ago, Truth said:

100%

Great idea.

So...don't expect it to happen or even be entertained by the devs. It'll just stay here under "free advice on how to make the game better".

• Haha 2

If everyone knows how to play and has mics, this isn't needed. But we've all seen and complained how the player base has degraded so low that rarely anyone will attempt to play correctly.  Most matches, Im a lone wolf and will walk the entire map with aj trying to find stuff. 

Not to mention, most people that find the fuse dont attempt to fix the fuse box for some reason and you're usually finding the fuse dropped somewhere (nowhere near where it was found).  

You can already tag the phone house. Just use the gas, keys or battery to mark the house. This is especially useful when the car and phone house is close to each other.

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

You can already tag the phone house. Just use the gas, keys or battery to mark the house. This is especially useful when the car and phone house is close to each other.

That's what I try to do, but what if you can't find anything? I'm not really for or against this idea, I'm just trying to look at both sides.

It's just a matter of time for you to memorize where the phone house is based where you have found the fuse. It's kinda a pattern. Just need to memorize

15 minutes ago, ifuseekandy said:

It's just a matter of time for you to memorize where the phone house is based where you have found the fuse. It's kinda a pattern. Just need to memorize

I'm level 150. I know the maps VERY well. I can never remember the fuse box spawns though...