Should Counselors only see trough First Person?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should Counselors only see trough First Person?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

7 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Wait.........does that mean..... he will never come back?

Just a few days I'm guessing. @bewareofbears got like a month or 2 at one point. I think they like Brigs more though lol

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Just a few days I'm guessing. @bewareofbears got like a month or 2 at one point. I think they like Brigs more though lol

Oh man , my heart stopped beating.... Well , this is good to hear.

2 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

No. First of all, it makes character customization useless and emotes useless as well, not saying that emotes are that important but the customization of your clothing you kinda wanna see. I remember somebody even saying Jason shouldn't be in first person because they would be sad not seeing Jason, well counselors are much more pleasing to the eye than Jason is so I’d have a right to be kinda upset. Second of all the game would be unbalanced AND unfair to have first person counselor and third person Jason. Do you not realize it is multiplayer and good Jason player already has an advantage and putting the counselors in first person will just neuter them to all hell? It’s not a Jason AI we are going against, it is an actual person. Third of all, if this ever became the case then counselors need something big in return. Like a good stealth system that people have been begging for. Stealth is trash and means little and putting counselors in first person with trash stealth means absolute death. The game was designed to be third person. I get what you are saying, Virtual Cabin was nice but first person mode would drive a lot of players away (like the game really needs less players) probably even including myself if I were locked into first person mode. Make it an option not LOCKED into first person mode. It’s simple.

I just want to remember you that Friday the 13th the game isn't a competitive game, or at least shouldn't be, that was the promise from the devs.
it's not logical to think of a balance between jason/counselor, even bc Jason should always be better than the counselor, taller, faster, greater insight, vision etc...
Counselors are just humans, Jason isn't, i rly like horror games, and Friday the 13th doesn't look like one.

I only felt this terror atmosphere in the Virtual Cabin, So i believe that the game should be focuse on perfecting this, not the way u see ur little doll's dress.
And i rly don't care if im going to die for Jason. I care about dying in a way that i find scare and behind an interestin gameplay. Not that joke that's today "counselours with costumes running in circles behind Jason".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lexandremon said:

i rly like horror games, and Friday the 13th doesn't look like one.

This isn't a horror game, it's an asymmetrical survivor game. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lexandremon said:

I just want to remember you that Friday the 13th the game isn't a competitive game, or at least shouldn't be, that was the promise from the devs.
it's not logical to think of a balance between jason/counselor, even bc Jason should always be better than the counselor, taller, faster, greater insight, vision etc...
Counselors are just humans, Jason isn't, i rly like horror games, and Friday the 13th doesn't look like one.

I only felt this terror atmosphere in the Virtual Cabin, So i believe that the game should be focuse on perfecting this, not the way u see ur little doll's dress.

Yeah , Virtual Cabin 2.0 was terrifying.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lexandremon said:

And i rly don't care if im going to die for Jason. I care about dying in a way that i find scare and behind an interestin gameplay. Not that joke that's today "counselours with costumes running in circles behind Jason".

People still paid for their costumes and swimwear whether you like it or not. And what about the backers who have the exclusive clothing? They’ll never get to see it again. There HAS to be balance within the game or it’ll be unplayable. Of course Jason should have an advantage but he should not be impossible to defeat. Need I remind you that Jason never EVER came out on top in the movies and he never killed every single person, there was always 1-2 survivors left which is why the game is designed to have at least two people survive the night. It is an asymmetrical survival horror game which is MULTIPLAYER. You have to have balance, Jason cannot one shot kill everybody he sees, it doesn’t work that way. People are going to try to find a way to survive. You CANNOT have a first person counselor experience and not implement a first person Jason experience. All it boils down to is that Jason players are salty that they get 7/8 and can’t kill the last remaining survivor due to being looped or either they want EASY kills. Again, this is not the same devs that made Alien Isolation...they’ve even stated that they’ll more than likely never be able to do a Jason AI. If any game devs could program a Jason AI smart and similar to the Alien AI and have a single player first person mode then I’m all for it, but this multiplayer game? Absolutely not. This is a reason why the majority of the people in the poll have said no.

You care about dying in a scary way? Huh...seems kinda hard to do that when every Jason does the same kills. Head punch, choke, rinse, repeat...when there is a bird bath or fireplace next to me, please do not choke me or head punch me. It’s so stupid when there is an amazing kill you could easily do. If I’m Tiffany and there is nobody around me I’m not breaking free anytime soon. Thanks to the ever so lovely break free meter *sarcasm* 

I also don't like the idea of being locked into 1st person. A toggle option between 1st and 3rd I'd support 100%.

Would so hate first person mode only. I can't even do first person style for long without starting to feel sick.

Also its very possible to surprise someone with stalk without being seen. You can't really see behind your char that well and I've had a few times where a stalking Jason would sneak up behind me and grabbed me before I even knew he was there. Also a few times where I would run by the corner of a cabin and Jason would be waiting right there to surprise.

The trick really is to put on stalk before you morph to an area where you know someone might be. Unless they are constantly looking behind them you can catch some people by surprise.

I wouldn’t use it but I support it as an option.

I don’t care to have first person view or not but if they do we gonna get fun same as third person view

I’d prefer if it was Jason going through 1st perspective. It would give that stealthy DBD vibe that I love. This itself would fix stealths main issues. 

• Sad 1

@Lexandremon You should have added an option to the vote for a toggle. Many people in this thread stated they would not mind if there was a toggle. I understand their reasons, which are mostly for cosmetics, and you can't really take that away from them without an option to toggle between first and third person. I am sure some people would use first person, but not necessarily in every match.
   First person was a good way to do the virtual cabin for what it was and the kills looked great that way too.

My own reason for not wanting to use first person is simple. Melee combat. First person is great for a shooter type game, but not for a game with hand to hand combat. It would be a lot worse if Jason was forced into first person... piñata Jason tactics would rule the game. Fighting groups would be extraordinarily difficult for him... I my experience with older games, like AVP2... The Predators combat stick was great one on one, but try to fight a group... until I discovered a cheat code for third person view. Then fighting groups was no longer an issue. I can mention other games... but the point is the same.

First person leaves you with tunnel vision, while third person gives you the ability to look around in ways that would require more mechanics... peeking around corners for example, which was used to good effect in the Thief franchise, but the first person melee combat was horrible if you had to fight more than one opponent... but that game is more about stealth than combat and had no third person view. Another example is just turning the camera instead of turning your head (or your whole body in first person mode) to look around... movement causes noise pings for Jason to see and many people have a habit of constantly running for every movement they make, or at least jogging... so turning to look around in first person could also be detrimental to stealth as it stands right now.

Not that I go for combat against Jason very much... but many do, and in groups. If they are hitting their team mates, they are not hitting Jason, so the same thing applies for group combat in first person for counselors. 
   I do agree with you that it could add tension and perhaps a bit of fear to the game, but it would frustrate many players for these very reasons... particularly if they would have noticed Jason if they were in third person mode...

Perhaps what you are looking for here is going into first person when doing a repair or disabling or setting a trap. The person doing it would be focused on what they were doing, not on their surroundings.... without a friend to watch their backs, the person doing the repair may feel some tension. It would get some jump scares too if they were grabbed mid repair... jump scares are hard to get these days. First person while calling the cops would not work as well though, you should be able to look around when on the phone.

19 hours ago, Lexandremon said:

U are saying that is useless the customization of a character in first person games? Is this serious?
Don't worry, Jason would see your cute little clothes even ur friends at the camp. And maybe the kill scenes should shown in third person no problem with that

Oh Stop being such a bitch about this, As Many People have already Said, The Customization would be completely useless, All the hard work would be gone

And If it only appears during a few Scenes, So what?

That doesn't make it any better.

And Customization is Useless and the Game could survive without It, BUT It's already in the game, People paid for these things and the Devs don't want to throw their work in the water.

FUCK NO. That's one thing I can't stand is games that shouldn't be in first person view being in first person view. I don't want to play in that way. I want to be able to see the characters. If there is one thing they should fix, it's the stupid camera set up for the counselors and Jason alike where instead of the character being in the center of the screen, it's this annoying up close, to the left of the screen camera set up. I can still put up with it playing the game, but that camera perspective is just stupid and annoying. I don't care how cinematic they think it's trying to be. It's making what's happening on that side of your screen more difficult than necessary. Especially if it's something like Jason being to your left.

Just...center the fucking character in the middle of the screen like any good game does. I'm tired of all these over the shoulder or all the way to the right or left of the screen camera perspectives that are being used in modern games for very misguided 'trying to be more cinematic' reasons.

2 hours ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

first person only for jason

No. That'd be aweful.

20 hours ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

first person only for jason

Why don´t you just Play Dead by Daylight then? Or would you miss the trolling? Must see dem balls in mah face!

I wouldn't mind if they added the option, but, personally, I absolutely despise first person games.  

21 hours ago, Zentorno said:

FUCK NO. That's one thing I can't stand is games that shouldn't be in first person view being in first person view. I don't want to play in that way. I want to be able to see the characters. If there is one thing they should fix, it's the stupid camera set up for the counselors and Jason alike where instead of the character being in the center of the screen, it's this annoying up close, to the left of the screen camera set up. I can still put up with it playing the game, but that camera perspective is just stupid and annoying. I don't care how cinematic they think it's trying to be. It's making what's happening on that side of your screen more difficult than necessary. Especially if it's something like Jason being to your left.

Just...center the fucking character in the middle of the screen like any good game does. I'm tired of all these over the shoulder or all the way to the right or left of the screen camera perspectives that are being used in modern games for very misguided 'trying to be more cinematic' reasons.

I prefer my characters being to the left, but there should be a toggle option for centering them.