Should Counselors only see trough First Person?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should Counselors only see trough First Person?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

After completing the Virtual Cabin, i realized that the game would be much better if the counselours only see in first person.
As Jason i think that third person is fine, even more to surprise counselors in corridors or corners.

What would be the benefits?

1.The game seems to have a bigger suspense in the first person.

2.Physically speaking the game would look more beautiful and realistic, whoever played the Virtual Cabin knows what i talking abou it.
3.This would even work as a form of balancing the gameplay, one of the biggest problems from Stalk ability of Jason, is the reason that the counselours can see in third person!

For example, in one of the challenges in Single-Player mode, you have to surprise a counselor while he is repairing the car battery
and the goal is not to be seen, until u grab the individual.

Why this kind of insane and cool gameplay wouldn't work in multiplayer games? Well, counselours can see everything that happens while they're fixing things! (like an onipresent god)
Wouldn't we have a much greater suspense not knowing what's behind us?
In my opinion, we should care less about ideias that will directly benefit us as a counselor or as Jason, and try to give ideas that would make the game more interesting and frightening, as is shown in the atmosphere of the Friday the 13th movies.

Examples for people who didn't play the Virtual Cabin:

Looking trough a window:
MZmZx4U.jpg

Puting gas on the car:
jE6vmp0.jpg

View of the docks:

WYAsI9A.jpg

Get killed by jason:
ZMzw4oS.jpg

Fixing the boat:
D3tCWLZ.jpg

The woods:

5o7l5MZ.jpg

Killed by jason again:
TXGM9rk.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

The game was built around third person gameplay. You can't just switch the perspective and have everything work smoothly.

Star Trek Online did it, about a year after launch they, they added a first person mode that could be toggled back and fourth to the regular third person rpg mode in mid game. For this game it wouldn't be anything more than changing the camera position.

That would be taking away aesthetic things such as character poses, character outfits, etc. I don't like the idea of playing the game in 1st person.

Well This game has horrible stealth Mechanics, Fix that first, ty ty.

Second, No, As @Qcici Mentioned Character Emotes, Clothing and Other things would be pointless.

Third, This would Bring unbalance to the game if Counselors could see in First Person, But Jason in Third, Although there could be a toggle for Private Games which allowed either one. 

1 hour ago, SmugDoka said:

Mentioned Character Emotes, Clothing and Other things would be pointless

1 hour ago, Qcici said:

That would be taking away aesthetic things such as character poses, character outfits, etc. I don't like the idea of playing the game in 1st person.

OMG, Character Emotes and Clothing would be pointless, NOOO THIS WOULD BE TERRIBLE.
How can the game survive without this, am i right?

6 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

The game was built around third person gameplay. You can't just switch the perspective and have everything work smoothly.

Virtual Cabin works smoothly, i rly don't think that the multiplayer mode would collpase, just excuses in my point of view.
I think it would be a good experience, could be an option in private mode for testing purposes

• Like 2

A year into a game's life is not the time to change something like this...

2 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

they added a first person mode that could be toggled back and fourth to the regular third person rpg mode in mid game.

A toggle would be fine, but changing it completely would be stupid as fuck.

PUBG is similar with that. You can select first or third before joining a lobby. First is stuck there but third can toggle to first anytime.

Am i the only person here who believes that a good experience in the game is not always surviving from Jason? Why u guys has to be so tryharders jeez
I confess that in the movies i always hoped that Jason kill everyone.
The belief and desblief regarding the deaths and the camp, the mood of suspense before the jumpscares.
Yeah, i guess Friday the 13th the game becomes a competitive games after all, just like that DBD ****

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lexandremon said:

OMG, Character Emotes and Clothing would be pointless, NOOO THIS WOULD BE TERRIBLE.
How can the game survive without this, am i right?

That would basically be all the work put in to creating customization options for counselors for nothing. We can't let the cosmetics go to waste.

Also, I don't think the game devs can properly make a good first person experience in multiplayer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Qcici said:

That would basically be all the work put in to creating customization options for counselors for nothing. We can't let the cosmetics go to waste. 

U are saying that is useless the customization of a character in first person games? Is this serious?
Don't worry, Jason would see your cute little clothes even ur friends at the camp. And maybe the kill scenes should shown in third person no problem with that

1 minute ago, Lexandremon said:

U are saying that is useless the customization of a character in first person games? Is this serious?

What's the point if you can't see it?

1 minute ago, Lexandremon said:

Customization IS USELESS, but now that it's in the game, you can't just remove it by using first person view. A toggle for first person would be great, but I don't see this happening anytime soon because this is an asymmetrical horror game with already set standards towards the perspective in which the game is meant to be played with. You think it would be awkward seeing your character POV just turn around so quickly in first person? It's very unrealistic. Plus, I'm sure they can't even properly make the counselors play on first person because the controls in VC2.0 were very wonky. 

8 hours ago, Lexandremon said:

Well, counselours can see everything that happens while they're fixing things! (like an onipresent god)

Well , they also always know  when a counselor dies , know where every other counselor is and can see Jason on the map.

Well , it should become an Option atleast. Many Players would be turned off by it , but it could be so terrifying. Just think panicly running away as you saw Jason , coming out of nowhere , directly in front of you with an Option for an shaking camera. I would shit my pants and would be happy , really happy. It shouldn´t be forced to first Person though. Well , if you are shifting you are in first Person too (with a glitch you can also shift in third Person)..... Does anyone know what second Person is? Does it even exist? If yes, why is third Person not called second Person?

• Like 1

No. First of all, it makes character customization useless and emotes useless as well, not saying that emotes are that important but the customization of your clothing you kinda wanna see. I remember somebody even saying Jason shouldn't be in first person because they would be sad not seeing Jason, well counselors are much more pleasing to the eye than Jason is so I’d have a right to be kinda upset. Second of all the game would be unbalanced AND unfair to have first person counselor and third person Jason. Do you not realize it is multiplayer and good Jason player already has an advantage and putting the counselors in first person will just neuter them to all hell? It’s not a Jason AI we are going against, it is an actual person. Third of all, if this ever became the case then counselors need something big in return. Like a good stealth system that people have been begging for. Stealth is trash and means little and putting counselors in first person with trash stealth means absolute death. The game was designed to be third person. I get what you are saying, Virtual Cabin was nice but first person mode would drive a lot of players away (like the game really needs less players) probably even including myself if I were locked into first person mode. Make it an option not LOCKED into first person mode. It’s simple.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Does anyone know what second Person is? Does it even exist?

No second person view. Just first and third  

43 minutes ago, Lexandremon said:

Am i the only person here who believes that a good experience in the game is not always surviving from Jason? Why u guys has to be so tryharders jeez
I confess that in the movies i always hoped that Jason kill everyone.
The belief and desblief regarding the deaths and the camp, the mood of suspense before the jumpscares.
Yeah, i guess Friday the 13th the game becomes a competitive games after all, just like that DBD ****

By the way it isn’t tryharding if somebody doesn't agree with your opinion. People like to have a good time, but it doesn’t mean when somebody doesn’t want first person that they are tryharding you. I can sit here all day and tell you about the try-hard Jasons I come into contact with but I’d just be told to grown thick skin. 

I had the opposite viewpoint of the movies. I always rooted for the final girl to defeat Jason. Chris and Trish happen to be my favorites and I always rooted for them to kick Jason’s ass and defeat him after Jason’s rampage. 

If it were available as a toggle, I'd be down with that idea. But straight up replacing third person view....no.

5 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

By the way it isn’t tryharding if somebody doesn't agree with your opinion. People like to have a good time, but it doesn’t mean when somebody doesn’t want first person that they are tryharding you. I can sit here all day and tell you about the try-hard Jasons I come into contact with but I’d just be told to grown thick skin. 

I had the opposite viewpoint of the movies. I always rooted for the final girl to defeat Jason. Chris and Trish happen to be my favorites and I always rooted for them to kick Jason’s ass and defeat him after Jason’s rampage. 

I only rooted once for not Jason...That was Tommy in Part VI. But I still was more for Jason. Every other one could have died in my opinion.

Interesting , that @Brigadius hasn´t caught wind of this Thread yet.

9 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I only rooted once for not Jason...That was Tommy in Part VI. But I still was more for Jason. Every other one could have died in my opinion.

I never rooted for the villain because I wasn’t sympathetic toward the villain. Of course it’s sad that Jason drowned as a child but the teens he killed weren’t the teens responsible for his death which is why I was never sympathetic toward Jason. They had a very killable cast so you never cared if anybody died up until the final girl. The only deaths that I really hated were Jeff, Sandra, Shelly, Violet, and maybe Melissa. Other than that no deaths affected me. I only cared about the final girl and he ability to survive. If you’ve ever seen “You’re Next” which is a home invasion movie, final girl Erin was a BEAST. She made sure that her attackers were dead and kept bashing their head in until they were dead. Similar to Tommy Jarvis in Part 4. At the end I always knew Jason would be defeated and that’s what I hoped for.

10 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I never rooted for the villain because I wasn’t sympathetic toward the villain. Of course it’s sad that Jason drowned as a child but the teens he killed weren’t the teens responsible for his death which is why I was never sympathetic toward Jason. They had a very killable cast so you never cared if anybody died up until the final girl. The only deaths that I really hated were Jeff, Sandra, Fox, Shelly, and maybe Melissa. Other than that no deaths affected me. I only cared about the final girl and he ability to survive. If you’ve ever seen “You’re Next” which is a home invasion movie, final girl Erin was a BEAST. She made sure that her attackers were dead and kept bashing their head in until they were dead. Similar to Tommy Jarvis in Part 4. At the end I always knew Jason would be defeated and that’s what I hoped for.

Well , I´ve been bullied too , so I got a hate to most humans too (I don´t trust People immediately and look first how they are). I can definitely understand Jason too. He saw , how his mother died. Well , I only root to the killer , if I watch Friday the 13ths. Just works automatic to like Jason by me. I don´t automatically root for other Killers , like Michael Myers. But he is the onliest killer , you can sympathize with....well maybe Leatherface too , but not as much as Jason. The world didn´t accept him , so he doesn´t accept the world. If I see a counselor die , I always think :Yeah , man!

....But when I see Jason die , it hurts....especially in Part VI....that one felt so gruesome.

18 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Brigs got suspended...