I had an idea, and wanted to share. I mean, the game's been out almost a year, and I'm sure someone's probably thought of this already, but I didn't see a topic for it when I searched, so, in the interest of crazy ideas, I wanted to focus on the boat for a minute

What if the boat could carry up to 4 people, but its speed varied based on the number of passengers?

For example,
125% base speed with just 1 player*
100% base speed with 2 players
75% base speed with 3 players 
50% base speed with 4 players

*I know this introduces potential for trolliness by making solo boat escapes (arguably) OP, but c'est la vie.

• Like 1

I don't know about this idea.

The boat is almost certainly a death sentence if you get caught in open water against a +waterspeed Jason. 

At the same time if you catch him when he's distracted it's nearly a gauranteed escape.

When it comes to boat escapes I'm selfish, I refuse to wait for another counselor, especially if they are leaving a trail of sound blips behind them as they come to the boat. So I'll be leaving alone in it to take advantage of the speed boost.

As Jason I can't stand the thought of 4 counselors being able to leave silently.

i like the idea but think the max should be 3. heres why. when u have both cars on the map there are 6 items u need to repair both cars and there is also 6 seats available. but if u get a map with a boat and the 2 seater thats 5 objects but only 4 seats? so if each object is found by a different counselor then who gets shafted? there should be an available seat for every vehicle part.

54 minutes ago, sfosterjr said:

i like the idea but think the max should be 3. 

I'm okay with 3. You arguments make sense. I was simply throwing out an idea with the  hopes of generating discussion/consideration. 

The main idea in my proposal was the idea of "overloading" the boat, and having its base speed reduced as a result. That would be a neat mechanic IMO. 

Many of the people I used to play with wouldn't bat an eye if the boat got away. They were okay with two people escaping to get the other six. With extra passengers, the boat becomes a higher value target. 

Of course, many players may watch the boat like a hawk. I wouldn't know. 

17 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

I'm okay with 3. You arguments make sense. I was simply throwing out an idea with the  hopes of generating discussion/consideration. 

The main idea in my proposal was the idea of "overloading" the boat, and having its base speed reduced as a result. That would be a neat mechanic IMO. 

Many of the people I used to play with wouldn't bat an eye if the boat got away. They were okay with two people escaping to get the other six. With extra passengers, the boat becomes a higher value target. 

Of course, many players may watch the boat like a hawk. I wouldn't know. 

a buddy i play with makes it his lifes mission as jason that nobody escapes by boat!! lol. of course when hes a counselor boat is his preferred method of escape 

I love this idea, but 2 should be the limit for the boat. The speed adjustment should apply to the car once it’s fixed, if that ever happens. What we really need a year into the game are more randomized ways to escape e.g., motorcycle, canoe, raft, jeep, bug, van. Fans on this forum alone have given hundreds of fantastic suggestions over the past year but the devs and their small immature and unprofessional team have demonstrated they aren’t genuinely invested in applying doable, realistic feedback beyond “the grab is too big” and “there are too many pocket knives.” Wow much feedback. 

22 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

but the devs and their small immature and unprofessional team have demonstrated they aren’t genuinely invested in applying doable, realistic feedback beyond “the grab is too big” and “there are too many pocket knives.” 

I sometimes wonder if the devs spend most of their time curled up into balls, crying into their pillows, wondering why the community can't just be more supportive of them? After all, they probably only every wanted our unconditional love. And maybe our unwavering, starry-eyed admiration. And, of course, our $40 (not counting DLC).

Is that so much to ask?