tyrant666

If Child Jason Has A Singleplayer Challenge, Is It A Mistake?

Was thinking about this recently.

Everybody knows Child Jason is a model in the Jason room now and he has his own cinematic in the Virtual Cabin playthrough. I'm surprised I haven't seen any of those hacks that put Uber in the game over another model, only child Jason instead.

Anyway, I have a feeling that it doesn't end there. I have a feeling he might be part of one of the challenges as an optional selection with some boat related challenge. I don't think he's ever going to be added to multiplayer, nor should he be unless its part of some Pamela mode. However I can see Gun/IllFonic shooting themselves in the foot by adding him to a challenge, because it will just create another outcry about wanting him in the main game.

So if he's added to singleplayer challenges, is it a mistake? Or do you think what you see in the Virtual Cabin is the extent of his involvement in the game?

kid-jason.jpg&f=1

• Confused 1

Would be cool , seeing him in SP Challenges. Many People just want to see him somehow as a Little nod or something like that.

It would be kinda a waste of work , only to see him in Virtual Cabin. They probably have some Ideas to implement him , otherwise I don´t think they woulf have modelled him.

Pretty sure it was only made for the VC.  Since you can't play as him in any way, shape, or form WITHOUT modding on a PC, there is absolutely no concern about a Child Jason.  To top it off, without some bizarre made-up situation that probably wouldn't make sense (less than Jasons existence already), there's no logical reason why you would even play as him.

• Thanks 2

It would be interesting to see, but even they did, I have no idea how they could make it work. They've stated in the past that he will not be added to the game for a number of reasons, including he's shorter than the counselors, so how would he pick them up, etc. And I don't see how they could work him into challenges either because you play as Jason, not counselors.

OK so other than this being hilarious I think its wrong, I think it should be some kind of skill to turn ''into'' kid jason and fall off the docks however to make a counselor go running to save you from drowning before you drown them in the lake.

like Jenny walking and see the bridge and you trigger by A from the water and she see the kid falling in screaming and crying so she goes to help and gets dragged in/cinematic kill or something

They should still add him and the only thing he can do is grab a counselor's leg and bite it a hundred times. Little shit.

He should stay in virtual cabin. They already gave him a nod and added him. Would be hilariously stupid to watch him walking around trying to take out the counselors in my opinion.

As others have said they gave a nod to him already but it may be fun to have him come up anytime the boat gets capsized. Then when you get back to land it's your normal Jason. I can't imagine them adding him to any regular play though.

I would love to see Child Jason in a single player challenge as I feel they work fairly differently from the regular PVP modes and would actually be a great use of assets since they already have him worked for Virtual Cabin. I don't think you playing as him in the challenge alone would really be a deterrent as the single player challenges themselves could be used as a mechanism for giving subtle narrative and backstory build to those moments. For instance Child Jason could provide boat stopping practice and maybe even be used to give clues about the development direction of Paranoia mode without giving away too much. I guess maybe this would also be the time to say that if they continue to do single player challenges I would loves to see at least one from the perspective of Tommy Jarvis, since those assets are already there. Similarly, in a perfect situation I would love to see a Pamela solo challenge.

I think we should all stop posting today. No new threads until tomorrow, when the priest comes to give the last rights.

I can't even figure out what this thread is about anyway. It's all over the place.

The only way I would want to see child Jason implemented Into the game is a Pamela mode. He can be the one who catches people swimming and people driving the boat instead of Pamela.

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

I think we should all stop posting today. No new threads until tomorrow, when the priest comes to give the last rights.

I can't even figure out what this thread is about anyway. It's all over the place.

If you don´t mind me asking...... What are you talking about?

2 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

If you don´t mind me asking...... What are you talking about?

He is talking about the death of the game on PC.

17 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Dude breathe. 

17 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

...but why should we have stopped posting? ....And what priest? 

When you're dying, ur supposed to have a preist come and absolve you of ur sins, called the "last rights"

And the reason we should all stop posting is, do we need more threads like this? We can barely get normal shit going but the idea of adding unplayable concepts like this and Pamela are still going too strong.

16 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Dude breathe. 

I find it interesting that you assumed tension or anxiety as the underlying emotion. There was not one exclamation point.