23 hours ago, HuDawg said:

What does hand holding have to do with buying KILLS?  I have to earn the kills in game by killing players.  

I play this game for two reason. Run away from Jason and kill Counselors..   I would prefer tons of different ways to kill players.  And would easily BUY kills which simply add to the entertainment of the game.

This isn't a RPG.  Leveling and rewards mean nothing to me.   The reward is FUN.  Thats why i play games.  I give two shits about earning rewards.

The only thing i care about earning is MONEY

this is 100% realtalk^

theyre locking an entertaining fun part of the game behind an enormous level cap that like 95% of the entire playerbase are never going to be / bother reaching anyway🙄 

23 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

This is still the same thing, you want to pay for in game items, loot boxes give you yes a random chance at an item but you pay for it. So your just paying to get something in a game instead of just putting some time into a game and just playing it and getting rewards and such. 

its not the same thing at all, one thing is an unlockable free feature that you can pay money for to unlock immediately, the other thing is literally gambling. how can you not see the enormous difference between the two things? so buying a pack of chips is the same thing as going to vegas and putting $20k on the line in a poker game for a chance of getting double the money back now because in both situations you "pay for something" without working for it? guess i got a gambling addiction myself now. better get the potato peeler and make my own chips before i lose my house on this bag of spicy tortillas?

paying $2 to immediately unlock a level capped feature is the same thing as gambling $2-$200,000 to get a tiny 0,01% chance to win that same level that is now restricted and can only be unlocked with money. according to you apparently, nobel prize winner 2018

2 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

this is 100% realtalk^

theyre locking an entertaining fun part of the game behind an enormous level cap that like 95% of the entire playerbase are never going to be / bother reaching anyway🙄 

its not the same thing at all, one thing is an unlockable free feature that you can pay money for to unlock immediately, the other thing is literally gambling. how can you not see the enormous difference between the two things? so buying a pack of chips is the same thing as going to vegas and putting $20k on the line in a poker game for a chance of getting double the money back now because in both situations you "pay for something" without working for it? guess i got a gambling addiction myself now. better get the potato peeler and make my own chips before i lose my house on this bag of spicy tortillas?

paying $2 to immediately unlock a level capped feature is the same thing as gambling $2-$200,000 to get a tiny 0,01% chance to win that same level that is now restricted and can only be unlocked with money. according to you apparently, nobel prize winner 2018

Your still paying money for something in a game. One gives you a random chance while the other gives you what you want, both are stupid and both should just be something you just unlock in game. Again both cause players to spend money on something that's not even real. 

• Like 1

lol what. a game isnt real so whats exactly your point? youre making no sense to me right now, dont believe its me misunderstanding you.

24 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

both are stupid and both should just be something you just unlock in game. Again both cause players to spend money on something that's not even real. 

@jahzaveamanaie What are you not understanding? He's saying things should be unlocked in games rather than sold. I agree. I already bought the game, I shouldn't have to buy anything else.

• Like 1

i dont understand him calling this stupid "because its not a real thing". a game isnt a real thing, so its stupid to buy a game now? we buy games for entertainment. weapon swapping adds entertainment. why is it stupid to buy one thing but not the other. i dont get it

32 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Again both cause players to spend money on something that's not even real. 

thats quite literally what you did when you bought friday the 13th the game according to your logic. but if youll happily buy this game why is it suddenly stupid to happily unlock a huge feature in this game too? theres no difference between the 2 either.

41 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

i dont understand him calling this stupid "because its not a real thing". a game isnt a real thing, so its stupid to buy a game now? we buy games for entertainment. weapon swapping adds entertainment. why is it stupid to buy one thing but not the other. i dont get it

thats quite literally what you did when you bought friday the 13th the game according to your logic. but if youll happily buy this game why is it suddenly stupid to happily unlock a huge feature in this game too? theres no difference between the 2 either.

Games are a way to have joy and fun and take a break from the real world but when you get loot boxes and stuff like Assassin's creed origins did buy letting you buy maps to tombs instead of exploring and finding them on your own. Stuff that could be added to the game to find or earn I would like then "Hey you just bought a $60 game now in order for you to get the this amazing looking armor you need to pay $70 with the season pass in order to unlock and use this DLC!" That just stupid. We spend so much money on in game items then just earning them the old fashion way. Emotes I could care less about, you wanna buy them sure, they don't add anything besides "Look I can dance as I teabag Jason!" let them waste a buck on that, the kills I don't care but find stupid you have to buy kills but eh it is what it is. 

34 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

let them waste a buck on that, the kills I don't care but find stupid you have to buy kills but eh it is what it is. 

but as far as i know thats exactly all there is to the feature. you dont get any specific upgrade from switching a weapon, u just get to wield a different weapon model with ur favorite jason and get the weapons grab kills with your favorite jason. literally all it is. and why cant the little things inside of the game be joy and fun features too? id have way more joy and fun playing my favorite jason with my favorite weapon than i would have just playing my favorite jason but having a terrible weapon with terrible grab kills. and youre overpricing it, not even i would pay for the early unlock if it went anywhere past 5 bucks. the game even still wouldnt be at retail AAA games price with this being a bit more than the price of the grab kills pack as far as i know (which i would buy if i could equip the weapons on my fav jasons because i find joy and fun in seeing and getting to do them. thats what i got this slasher game for in the first place.) 

and it feels like wasted time too. this way, youll barely ever see jasons with different weapons and most of the time weapon swapping is likely going to go unnoticed simply cause the amount of level 113s and up are fairly low.

36 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

We spend so much money on in game items then just earning them the old fashion way.

why does this bother you though? youre not forced to buy anything. and the people that buy it get to play the game longer cause its more fun. and the devs earn a little extra money to help out with development. its a win / win for everybody. you wanna unlock it the old fashioned way? then go ahead, nothings stopping you. but a lot of us dont wanna spend so many hours buying the game that well be burnt out and not even play it anymore before we even get to reach level 113 that wed rather just have this feature now for a bit of extra money instead. i got almost 200 hours of fun from a 40 bucks game, i have absolutely no problem paying them a bit of spare change every now and then.

3 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

but as far as i know thats exactly all there is to the feature. you dont get any specific upgrade from switching a weapon, u just get to wield a different weapon model with ur favorite jason and get the weapons grab kills with your favorite jason. literally all it is. and why cant the little things inside of the game be joy and fun features too? id have way more joy and fun playing my favorite jason with my favorite weapon than i would have just playing my favorite jason but having a terrible weapon with terrible grab kills. and youre overpricing it, not even i would pay for the early unlock if it went anywhere past 5 bucks. thats a bit more than the price of the grab kills pack as far as i know (which i would buy if i could equip the weapons on my fav jasons) 

and it feels like wasted time too. this way, youll barely ever see jasons with different weapons and most of the time weapon swapping is likely going to go unnoticed simply cause the amount of level 113s and up are fairly low.

No but I'm against adding things that force players to have to buy if they want something. Sometimes it doesn't bother me as much. The kills are 50/50 they should be unlocks but they only add three kills and aren't really game changing so I can let it slide. Emotes are emotes, they don't change the game. I just don't agree with buying your way through the game or buying useless stuff, stuff that should be in the game shouldn't be being a pay wall. 

Same with the level lock at 113, I don't like it but I see why they did it, they want players to play through each Jason (Would have been better with this idea) but it is what it is, yes they should lower it down to Jasons you haven't unlocked making it a feature for those lower to work for then. I'm level 86. I'm not even pissed because I'm just playing the game. If they change their minds and lower it I won't complain but I know they won't so I've been trying to help people who don't want to deal with hosts leaving and trolls to make a game out of bots, think of ways you can kill players, heck once SP drops people will be racking up points in there and leveling up 

im against forcing players to buy something that should be with the game too, and im sure nobody meant it as removing the level cap and making it a paid for thing only ;)

it was just suggested that instead of ONLY having the level cap, there should be a chance for people who wanted this in the game but cant ever reach it be it cause of time reasons or because of burn out reasons to be able to buy it so they get to play with it too. nobody would get hurt with this, and infact it would only HELP everyone out cause the developers get paid some extra money and can take care of extra things. or just get more motivated.

6 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

im against forcing players to buy something that should be with the game too, and im sure nobody meant it as removing the level cap and making it a paid for thing only ;)

it was just suggested that instead of ONLY having the level cap, there should be a chance for people who wanted this in the game but cant ever reach it be it cause of time reasons or because of burn out reasons to be able to buy it so they get to play with it too. nobody would get hurt with this, and infact it would only HELP everyone out cause the developers get paid some extra money and can take care of extra things. or just get more motivated.

I would probably stop playing. Paying for cosmetics and shit is one thing. Paying for an unlockable feature that alters the way you play the game (pay2win?) is fucking dumb. I understand wanting to help them out by throwing some money their way, and you have several ways of doing so already that have no impact on the game. That's the way you SHOULD do it. Not by buying your way through the challenge (CHAD).

20 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

There was one guy, that's why I even brought up the level being bought lol 

its not pay2win tho? far as i know it literally just switches the weapon model and the grab kills you get with it. all the damage, speed and ur jasons strengths and weakness stay the same.

its not pay2win tho? far as i know it literally just switches the weapon model and the grab kills you get with it. all the damage, speed and ur jasons strengths and weakness stay the same.

Not quite pay to win, but you're still paying to bypass all the effort. It's essentially like buying a cheat code/mod. You're paying to unlock a feature that you could've just earned.

i dont wanna put effort into this game. i put effort into school and work, when i play games i wanna just relax from putting effort into things and do the exact opposite. i wanna play a game and have fun doing so. why lock things behind hard work. why force people to work hard for something in a game, to get basic features unlocked in a game. i get people may have fun doing this, but a lot of other people dont. why is it so bad to give people a chance to get a cosmetic thing for a tiny price? id understand if weapons affected jason, but they dont affect him in any way.

id understand if this was an rpg and shit. but its a casual party game. based on casual fun campy slasher movies. i wish theyd stop with all the grinding altogether. imagine how much fun this game would be if the people playing it would just enjoy its gameplay and just care about having fun instead of having to grind xp and creating an entirely toxic me against the world environment in a multiplayer only game. 😞 people wonder why so many people are dicks in this? cause everyone just cares about xp.

15 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

No but what's the point in buying levels to unlock everything in the game? You miss out of playing and earning those items. 

id understand if weapons affected jason, but they dont affect him in any way. 

It's fairly common knowledge that the machete is faster and the spear has more reach... Not quite cosmetic...

i wanna play a game and have fun doing so.

Then do it, and eventually you'll be able to swap weapons... That's how I got to 150.

Having the option to bypass grinding by buying the feature is a great idea. Im up for anything that puts more money in the hands of the developers. I would gladly pay $100 more to really flesh this game out.

• Like 1

and im pretty sure the devs are gonna tie speed and reach to the particular jason and not the particular weapons. it would be stupid not to do that. and its an easy thing to do too. and im pretty sure thats how theyve done it anyway.

thing is its gonna take another 100 or so hours to get to level 113. and thats if i were to play on pc, but i cant do that anymore since theres far too many hackers and the playerbase is almost dead and steady declining in numbers. so if i were to think realistically (pick it back up on ps4 with level 30) it would be another 300 hours or so. even the last of us, which was practically the perfect game for me, eventually started getting boring and bland after 400 hours of playing. it sucks knowing the one feature i waited the most for, from day 1 on, is gonna be a feature ill never get to play anyway. its just a depressing thought altogether. im glad youre happy that you and everyone else whos past 113 can get to play with weapon swapping no offense, just wish they hadnt put it up so high to the point where most players arent ever gona be able to use it anyways. its prob been 2 hours or so just trying to voice my opinion here and im pretty sure the devs dont even give a fuck anyway and its set in stone, and i accept that. but i hope if they make another slasher game they plan these things beforehand and make the games feel more like slashers and less like grinds.

5 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Having the option to bypass grinding by buying the feature is a great idea. Im up for anything that puts more money in the hands of the developers. I would gladly pay $100 more to really flesh this game out.

There are other ways to give money to this company then buying your way to all the Jasons. I say take the XP boosts. Put the XP higher then normal to help players reach it quicker 

6 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

it sucks knowing the one feature i waited the most for, from day 1 on, is gonna be a feature ill never get to play anyway. its just a depressing thought altogether.

I feel bad for you (and everyone else in your position), but you CAN get there. If you continue playing, you WILL get there.

I understand completely. Like I said before, I'm happy for the reward, but it wasn't the RIGHT reward. There are plenty of ideas floating around here that would've been much better. Ideally, they should've put it around 60-70 and made NEW weapons to work towards after that. This way, it's more attainable for EVERYONE, high level players would still have new (semi-exclusive) shit, and everyone would be happy. They chose to lock it at 113 and I don't think they should go back on that. They need to OWN their decisions.

@Ghostboy20 What about paying for double xp? Like $5 gets you 24 hours or some shit?

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

There are other ways to give money to this company then buying your way to all the Jasons. I say take the XP boosts. Put the XP higher then normal to help players reach it quicker 

How does that give the developers more moolah?

1 minute ago, F134Ever86 said:

How does that give the developers more moolah?

Emotes clothing and kills that can make them money. Those I'll agree they can put as paid instead of "Here is a quick cheat" doesn't make the game fun when everything is unlocked for you. 

@Truth eh those I still think are stupid but eh if someone wanna waste money on that sure. 

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

eh those I still think are stupid but eh if someone wanna waste money on that sure. 

I agree that it's stupid, but it may satisfy all the people complaining and it would help support the game. I would imagine there are a shit ton of people that would pay for that.

10 minutes ago, Truth said:

I agree that it's stupid, but it may satisfy all the people complaining and it would help support the game. I would imagine there are a shit ton of people that would pay for that.

If people wanna use XP boosts they can however it's a waste of money. I've got XP boosts in battlefield 1 and I never once use them. Tho people I do know have and they boost everyone so if they do add a boost to players to buy let them do the Battlefield way, if you join a lobby and someone has a XP boost everyone gets it lol