What if you could unlock weapons by doing mini challenges to get it.

Oh what do you mean?

I think the best way to satisfy both people who are under or over the requirement is to have kill challenges for each Jason. Completing all the challenges on the Jason will unlock the weapon you were going for. 

For Example:

Unlock The Machete

- Finish a match as Part 7 Jason. (Easy)

- Kill 15 Counselors with the Machete slash. (Medium)

- Kill Tommy Jarvis 13 times. (Hard)

Unlock The Fireaxe

- Finish a match as part 8 Jason. (Easy)

- Break down 10 barricaded doors and 10 breakable walls. (Medium)

- Catch 5 Counselors while stalking. (Hard)

Unlock The Spear

- Finish a match as part 6 Jason. (Easy)

- Stop the car with shift. (Medium)

- Land 20 throwing knife hits on any Counselor. (Hard)

Finishing all 3 challenges and you’ll get the weapon for all Jasons.

Oh just to say you can only make progress on multiplayer. Bots would be too easy, unless the bot update actually makes them good.

This is perfect because it gives players a reason to play the game more. In the same time it’s not that easy to get. 

Also the challenge will introduce the Jason to New Players.

Hey... maybe personal Counselor challenges would unlock clothes? *Nudge Nudges Illfonic* 

• Like 4

That’s a really good idea the challanges would be a great way to get people to feel rewarded when they get something and it would add up for the last line in the counselors clothing options

I think a better option would be.    Getting a specific number of weapon kills with a weapon to unlock that weapon.

Either 1013 kills or 10013 kills.

So basically.   Get 1013 kills with a Spear..  Unlock spears for all Jasons.

Get 1013 Pick Axe Kills..  Unlock the Pick Axe for all Jasons.

This would feel like players are earning the weapon.  It also gives incentive for players to play other Jasons.    And would actually be fun as opposed to grinding XP and leveling..  It would also put all players on equal footing on unlocking these weapons. 

9 minutes ago, Left2Right said:

What if you could unlock weapons by doing mini challenges to get it.

Oh what do you mean?

I think the best way to satisfy both people who are under or over the requirement is to have kill challenges for each Jason. Completing all the challenges on the Jason will unlock the weapon you were going for. 

For Example:

Unlock The Machete

- Finish a match as Part 7 Jason. (Easy)

- Kill 15 Counselors with the Machete slash. (Medium)

- Perform all 3 unique machete kills within 6 minutes of eachother. (Hard)

Unlock The Fireaxe

- Finish a match as part 8 Jason. (Easy)

- Break down 10 barricaded doors and 10 breakable walls. (Medium)

- Catch 5 Counselors while stalking. (Hard)

Unlock The Spear

- Finish a match as part 6 Jason. (Easy)

- Stop the car with shift. (Medium)

- Land 20 throwing knife hits on any Counselor. (Hard)

Finishing all 3 challenges and you’ll get the weapon for all Jasons.

This is perfect because it gives players a reason to play the game more. In the same time it’s not that easy to get. 

Also the challenge will introduce the Jason to New Players.

Hey... maybe personal Counselor challenges would unlock clothes? *Nudge Nudges Illfonic* 

Yeah , that is awesome and unique! Maybe we should do something harder to get the machete , otherwise they wouldn´t even consider getting the others. And this ,,so big problem´´ some are talking about , that +Destruction and a Machete (which makes almost no difference with Combat Stance) should get tweaked would get butthurt too.

3 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I think a better option would be.    Getting a specific number of weapon kills with a weapon to unlock that weapon.

So basically.   Get 1013 kills with a Spear..  Unlock spears for all Jasons.

Get 1013 Pick Axe Kills..  Unlock the Pick Axe for all Jasons.

This would feel like players are earning the weapon.  It also gives incentive for players to play other Jasons.    And would actually be fun as opposed to grinding XP and leveling..  It would also put all players on equal footing on unlocking these weapons. 

You mean by slashing/stabbing or also including kills related to the weapon?

Also 1000 kills? That’s not easy to get to since your not guaranteed to play Jason.

3 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

lmfao that would take LONGER than getting to 113...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Left2Right said:

You mean by slashing/stabbing or also including kills related to the weapon?

I was thinking mostly about the grab weapon kills.   But i guess Slashing should count too.     

9 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Does it also work in offline-bots? Otherwise , you had to use a Jason you don´t like , and use him more than 130 or 1300 Matches....This would take longer than the trophy for 1000 Jason Matches and if you want every weapon......erm...yeah....Do you even live that Long? And the fact you Play Jason not that often.

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

I don't think it would.    But at least it would be fun and fair for everyone and feel like im actually earning something.

Remember i hate leveling in non RPGS.       Its just a time gate to me.   But actually getting messy with weapons sounds like fun.

6 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Does it also work in offline-bots? Otherwise , you had to use a Jason you don´t like , and use him more than 130 or 1300 Matches....This would take longer than the trophy for 1000 Jason Matches and if you want every weapon......erm...yeah....Do you even live that Long? And the fact you Play Jason not that often.

Sure it would work offline with bots. :D

Alls i know is people keep talking about earning things.. Well, this would actually feel like earning the weapons and would be fun.  

It doesn't have to be 1013 kills.  It could be 113 kills for all I care.  Anythings better and more enjoyable than waiting to level.

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

Sure it would work offline with bots. :D

Alls i know is people keep talking about earning things.. Well, this would actually feel like earning the weapons and would be fun.  

It doesn't have to be 1013 kills.  It could be 113 kills for all I care.  Anythings better and more enjoyable than waiting to level.

Good then. It would also Keep some Players away of only using the machete because they had to Play Part VII.

9 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I don't think it would.    But at least it would be fun and fair for everyone and feel like im actually earning something.

Remember my stats...? I'm level 150. I have like 1400 kills...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

Remember my stats...? I'm level 150. I have like 1400 kills...

Then my idea might work for you since you still got something to do even though your max level.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Good then. It would also Keep some Players away of only using the machete because they had to Play Part VII.

I really don't care what weapons player use to be honest.

It was really up to me.. Jason would be weapon swapping mid game just like Counselors do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Left2Right said:

Then my idea might work for you since you still got something to do even though your max level.

You're idea would've been fine. I don't really care. I appreciate that they're rewarding the higher level players, but I don't really think this was the RIGHT reward. Just like over other update we get, there are always going to be better ideas. But this is what they chose and they need to own it. Backing out now would only make them look worse than they already do.

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

But this is what they chose and they need to own it. Backing out now would only make them look worse than they already do.

I dunno man.. Backing out now would only make the bulk of the player base extremely happy and save face.   

So by not changing things, they are only catering to a very small minority of players who have confused XP bars with earning things.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I dunno man.. Backing out now would only make the bulk of the player base extremely happy and save face.   

So by not changing things, they are only catering to a very small minority of players who have confused XP bars with earning things.  

it’s not hard to level up in this game. they’re having double xp weekends all the time. what’s the point of having xp if it doesn’t mean anything? i think it’s a great idea to have things like weapon swapping be about levels. there’s no real reward to continue playing this game and leveling up other than things like this.🙂

1 hour ago, Riot_Dame said:

it’s not hard to level up in this game. they’re having double xp weekends all the time. what’s the point of having xp if it doesn’t mean anything? 

I dunno..  What is the point of having XP in this game?  Its not an RPG.  Theres no skill points or skill trees tied to XP that make Jason Stronger.  

There's no dedicated servers and Xp gain is mostly in the hands of the host.  

Its not like having weapons locked to lvl 133 NEEDS to be there...  and should only be used by players who have dumped over 500+ hours into the game.     

This game doesn't need a carrot on stick.  It needs MORE KILLS and more ways to THRILL.   

If i was in charge of this game.. Weapons swap would be free for all levels and I would sell kills.   $5 per different kill and add tons of kills tied to each weapon..    Increase the Kill for THRILLS value of this game.

This is a SLASHER game..  And just like SLASHER movies..   Kills are what make it fresh.   Not a Xp bar grind.

36 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I dunno..  What is the point of having XP in this game?  Its not an RPG.  Theres no skill points or skill trees tied to XP that make Jason Stronger.  

There's no dedicated servers and Xp gain is mostly in the hands of the host.  

Its not like having weapons locked to lvl 133 NEEDS to be there...  and should only be used by players who have dumped over 500+ hours into the game.     

This game doesn't need a carrot on stick.  It needs MORE KILLS and more ways to THRILL.   

If i was in charge of this game.. Weapons swap would be free for all levels and I would sell kills.   $5 per different kill and add tons of kills tied to each weapon..    Increase the Kill for THRILLS value of this game.

This is a SLASHER game..  And just like SLASHER movies..   Kills are what make it fresh.   Not a Xp bar grind.

but you’re not in charge of the game. also $5 PER different kill? sounds like a scam more than a game. which it is a slasher GAME. a game that has levels that should mean something. hopefully it moves to things that make counselors/jason’s better. but if y’all throw temper tantrums over small stuff like this imagine how people will react if they did mean something bigger? 

Just now, Riot_Dame said:

$5 PER different kill? sounds like a scam more than a game. which it is a slasher GAME. a game that has levels that should mean something.

$5 ain't nothing.  It cost nearly $10 for a beer in a good bar. 

I would more than gladly give Gun a few $100 for a shit load of kills.     I got money too burn..    Not time to wait for no reason.

Besides, The levels in this game mean nothing in game. Im not any stronger in game now at my current level then i was at lvl 1.   Its just a gate..

3 hours ago, Truth said:

I mean you'll have to GRIND to get those weapons unlocked. Mmmm guess people want a different way to GRIND

I like this idea, it would make people have to work a lot harder to unlock stuff

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

$5 ain't nothing.  It cost nearly $10 for a beer in a good bar. 

I would more than gladly give Gun a few $100 for a shit load of kills.     I got money too burn..    Not time to wait for no reason.

Besides, The levels in this game mean nothing in game. Im not any stronger in game now at my current level then i was at lvl 1.   Its just a gate..

not everyone has money to burn on one game. personally, i wouldn’t put anymore money into this game than I already have. too many glitches. and just for kills? you buy this game just to have to buy more for the game? people would get tired of it. also, experience is a strength in game. but it’d be cool to have actual strengths be added while leveling up.

8 minutes ago, Riot_Dame said:

not everyone has money to burn on one game. personally, i wouldn’t put anymore money into this game than I already have. too many glitches. and just for kills? you buy this game just to have to buy more for the game? people would get tired of it. also, experience is a strength in game. but it’d be cool to have actual strengths be added while leveling up.

Well, IF they did sell kills.  No one would be forcing you to BUY all the kills right?  Its optional.

Say for example you love the Pick Axe.. And they released about 10 new kill for the pick axe at $5 each.     its your choice if you buy them.   And gun gets paid.  And you get instant fun with no bullshit grind.  Sounds awesome to me.    Everyone wins.  More killing and thrilling.

Besides..people get tired of leveling.  I would pay $100 right now.. to get to level 113 even if i was level 112.  Thats how much i HATE leveling in non rpgs.