Sign in to follow this  
bmh072k12

How to fix trolling???

One idea I thought of and the other I heard on Slash'N'Cast. My idea to fix the trolling Jason while he's down by dancing/tea bagging on top of him is to give Jason an option,while he's down, to grab anyone who is on top of him. The second one I heard from Slash'N'Cast and that is to add a system to where when your fear level is too high you can't do emotes. Let me know what you all think.

You cannot, because people will always find ways around it. I can't dance because I have maximum fear? Then I'll spam the crouch button. I can't do that either? Then I'll zig and zag in a way that is clearly meant to be humiliating. I can't get on top of Jason? I'll just stay right outside the range where he can grab me.

• Like 1

An easily accessible proximity mute feature, that mutes whoever is close enough to you. 

Also the tea-bagger grab, which I suggested 100 years ago. 

I halfway agree with the fear/emote thing on the grounds that it looks stupid and waters the game down to be able to see a counselor with the fear-face on, break out into a dance. But dancing after stunning or knocking Jason down is conceptually fine. That's where most of the complaints of dance trolling comes from anyway so...

It's fun to use dancing as tactical move, but it's enough now. The devs have let the lunatics run the asylum. It's time to put this game conceptually back on track. 

There are far more important things to focus on then people being able to use the emotes that the devs continue to put in the game, many of which exist for no other reason than to taunt.

• Like 2

i am in for both ideas. and yes there are other problems, but tbh all the trolling (not only the dancing, but it was getting out of hand in many matches) is why i don´t play anymore. and also quite a few others i guess.

57 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

But dancing after stunning or knocking Jason down is conceptually fine. That's where most of the complaints of dance trolling comes from anyway so...I

that´s a dick move. it´s maybe fine if the player is under 12 years and kinda of a retard, otherwise you are just a dick if you do that.

I like the idea of not being able to use an emote when your fear is too high. That’s new to me. Those guys at Slash N’ Cast spend so much time fluffing the devs, I’d be surprised if they came up with it on their own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

that´s a dick move. it´s maybe fine if the player is under 12 years and kinda of a retard, otherwise you are just a dick if you do that

Jesus Christ, and I thought I took this shit too seriously.

Getting pissed when someone dance-trolls means you've gotten yourself stuck in a situation that you can't do anything about, and you're so frustrated, your anger level is so high and your emotions so sensitive, that God forbid one of them talks and starts saying something like "EZ Jason". You'd burst into tears! 

What would you expect people to do? Role-play? We're not all into theater my friend. Nobody wants to hear that shit. 
What planet do you think this is? There's only one species playing this game. Are you sure you know which it is?  

That's it. I'm declaring you officially off the rails. Can somebody make that his member status please? "Off the Rails" Here. Just copy and paste that. 

With the quotes too

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Jesus Christ, and I thought I took this shit too seriously.

Getting pissed when someone dance-trolls means you've gotten yourself stuck in a situation that you can't do anything about, and you're so frustrated, your anger level is so high and your emotions so sensitive, that God forbid one of them talks and starts saying something like "EZ Jason". You'd burst into tears! 

What would you expect people to do? Role-play? We're not all into theater my friend. Nobody wants to hear that shit. 
What planet do you think this is? There's only one species playing this game. Are you sure you know which it is?  

That's it. I'm declaring you officially off the rails. Can somebody make that his member status please? "Off the Rails" Here. Just copy and paste that. 

With the quotes too

i am not getting pissed. i simply prefer if people play like normal decent human beeings. if someone can´t resist the urge to troll someone from behind a monitor in every fkng match i pity him. and i am not staying in a game where this is the normal routine. simple.  nothing to do with beeing pissed.

• Sad 1

What? I started to drift after "i am not..."

It doesn't matter really. I just saw that there's only 271 people playing this game right now on Steam. I think we should all start writing our eulogies.

Let's make em good. 

I heard those ideas from slash n cast as well.  I also liked their idea to have emotes consume stamina.  I'm not really bothered by emotes at all, but I wouldn't mind if they (especially the dance emotes) used stamina.   People looking to survive would probably be less likely to dance on a fallen Jason if they knew they wouldn't have any stamina by the time he recovers. lol.  

@WashingtonJones yeah, well, why even bother answering? or did you just not like what you read? hmmm. 

anyways there will be more after the update. but knowing these devs it WILL be full of bugs and glitches (serisously believing it won´t be bugged as hell is beyond gullible) and it will be back fast to where it is now.

also it´s lunchtime in europe and what, like 3-6am in the US? school and workday also. it´s usually around 800.wich is not really better tough.

I don't mind the existence of emotes at all, and sometimes they're even fun...but ultimately, they're useless in this game and were obviously put in there only for taunting purposes. The idea of using them to "communicate" with other players is complete bullshit because in a fast-paced game like this where your perspective is constantly shifting around, nobody is going to stop and stare at you for several seconds while you're pointing at something or shaking your head. Either get a mic or fuck off.

• Like 2

i think it makes it fun to be taunted/trolled every once in a while, breaks up the monotiny,

sometime it can get boring just going thru the normal paces constantly, it's a good laugh, enjoyable gameplay.

2 minutes ago, malloymk said:

I like Laphin's idea of having it increase Jason's rage.

That would be awesome, I am down with it... It'll probably NEVER Happen, as alot of other great ideas from players of the game have suggested.

6 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

You dance or tea bag in front of me and you are dead. I will tunnel you and let everyone else escape. No one leaves camp crystal lake after doing the jig... 😆

*Jigs furiously*

I agree though. There is a happy balance. Taunting can be necessary sometimes to protect and distract from more fragile counselors (like my beloved Deborah), but by the same token I also think that maybe emotes should be locked within a certain proximity of exits. There is nothing more grating than waiting for 10 minutes for someone who continuously dance emotes at the exit because they've "outplayed" Jason by picking Vanessa and running around in circles all day.

Similarly though, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing those jerks stumble and have the mess stomped out of their trolly little faces as Jason stomps them for their impudence.