Left2Right

Last Year: The Nightmare

16 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I remember, there was a lot of that leading up to it’s Discord release. 

I still think they made the game a bit too frantic and hope the next team to dive into asymmetrical horror takes notes about some of the things they did well.

Agreed

I think the assymetrical mp horror game genre is in a bad spot right now. There are no currently new games coming up, both Secret Neighbour and Hide or Die have been in development for about two years and while they look and are unique - been part of alpha and beta for both- (plus Neighbour is a one could say more family friendly of all these games) I doubt they will attract a big audience in the long run. DbD pretty much rules the genre now mainly because it was "first" (it was not but had a progression system etc. earlier games lacked) and came at an ideal time. I love this genre, it is pretty much my dream come true as a horror fan and I want to have as many games as possible, but is it worth it if they all die within month or two of release and people return to DbD?

On 5/18/2019 at 2:07 AM, Survival said:

I think the assymetrical mp horror game genre is in a bad spot right now. There are no currently new games coming up, both Secret Neighbour and Hide or Die have been in development for about two years and while they look and are unique - been part of alpha and beta for both- (plus Neighbour is a one could say more family friendly of all these games) I doubt they will attract a big audience in the long run. DbD pretty much rules the genre now mainly because it was "first" (it was not but had a progression system etc. earlier games lacked) and came at an ideal time. I love this genre, it is pretty much my dream come true as a horror fan and I want to have as many games as possible, but is it worth it if they all die within month or two of release and people return to DbD?

Im pretty sure Alien Vs Predator was the first asymetrical MP horror game and likely Naughty Bear coming 2nd.

• Like 1