The old match start and match end cutscenes from 2017 feel much more dynamic, unique and crisp compared to the newer ones, which all feel like exact copies of each other with Chad just appearing in a different spot every now and then. Jason's animation was a lot more unique in each of the cutscenes back then, and the camera angles really tied it all together. The ones now just feel so bland in comparison, and there doesn't seem to be any reason why they were so dumbed down.

Even though this is a visual thing and doesn't affect gameplay, I think this is still something to consider, as it improved the overall experience.

(For those who haven't seen the cutscenes in question by any chance, here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wFDD9tpQgI)

1 minute ago, al1ve said:

The old match start and match end cutscenes from 2017 feel much more dynamic, unique and crisp compared to the newer ones, which all feel like exact copies of each other with Chad just appearing in a different spot every now and then. Jason's animation was a lot more unique in each of the cutscenes back then, and the camera angles really tied it all together. The ones now just feel so bland in comparison, and there doesn't seem to be any reason why they were so dumbed down.

Even though this is a visual thing and doesn't affect gameplay, I think this is still something to consider, as it improved the overall experience.

(For those who haven't seen the cutscenes in question by any chance, here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wFDD9tpQgI)

They "dumbed downed" the cutscenes because the cutscenes simply weren't correspondent to the actual gameplay graphics. The original cutscene graphics were AMAZING, but the gameplay graphics on the other hand weren't, so they wanted to match the cutscene graphics with the gameplay graphics. If they focus on graphics after the New Engine Update, we could see the original cutscenes make a debut once again. 

5 minutes ago, Qcici said:

They "dumbed downed" the cutscenes because the cutscenes simply weren't correspondent to the actual gameplay graphics. The original cutscene graphics were AMAZING, but the gameplay graphics on the other hand weren't, so they wanted to match the cutscene graphics with the gameplay graphics. If they focus on graphics after the New Engine Update, we could see the original cutscenes make a debut once again. 

Even so, I'd still like to see the dynamic camera angles and animation in the cutscenes again, even if they aren't fully reverted back to their original crisp quality for the reason you said. It would make them feel a lot more special.

31 minutes ago, al1ve said:

Fix your link please. I'm copying and pasting this but it definitely isn't going to a f13 clip.

8 hours ago, al1ve said:

They look so dynamic and AMAZING! Especially Part IX gets shown how he should be shown (he Looks so different depending on what angle you look at him). I really hope they will come back sometime.

Fix your link please. I'm copying and pasting this but it definitely isn't going to a f13 clip.

Maybe you took in the ,,)´´ at the end.

Oh please, they need to fix up the PS4 version because that is by far the absolute worst version of the game. Frame drops are constant, low-res textures... Xbox One and PC get fantastic textures. I don't understand how this game uses that much hardware but doesn't look that good yet games like Rise of the Tomb Raider and Uncharted are fine on PS4, even if they only run 30 FPS.

8 minutes ago, Buddy489 said:

Oh please, they need to fix up the PS4 version because that is by far the absolute worst version of the game. Frame drops are constant, low-res textures... Xbox One and PC get fantastic textures. I don't understand how this game uses that much hardware but doesn't look that good yet games like Rise of the Tomb Raider and Uncharted are fine on PS4, even if they only run 30 FPS.

Well , I heard much worse about Xbox One. They don´t even have rain (until the update).