Sign in to follow this  
Thatguyinktown

Which Version Do I Want To Play?

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

@Thatguyinktown, does it not run in full screen on your laptop?

So here's the reason I have both versions: Back in august, I bought the game for my laptop because I thought it satisfied the minimum specs for it, and also because I didn't want to buy Xbox Live to play online. I was going to play it on steam until single player came out (back before I knew what the definition of "Soon" meant to these devs).  As it turns out, i'm not sure my laptop has the minimum ability for it (I have to run it on the lowest settings possible, windowed mode, and i still don't get a smooth gameplay experience, but I can technically play it on my laptop).  After leveling up to about level 5, I decided to just bite the bullet and get it for xbox and get xbox live as well.

Just now, Thatguyinktown said:

So here's the reason I have both versions: Back in august, I bought the game for my laptop because I thought it satisfied the minimum specs for it, and also because I didn't want to buy Xbox Live to play online. I was going to play it on steam until single player came out (back before I knew what the definition of "Soon" meant to these devs).  As it turns out, i'm not sure my laptop has the minimum ability for it (I have to run it on the lowest settings possible, windowed mode, and i still don't get a smooth gameplay experience, but I can technically play it on my laptop).  After leveling up to about level 5, I decided to just bite the bullet and get it for xbox and get xbox live as well.

I've been there. I've always been more of a PC gamer. The problem is for the last 6 or 7 years I have run Linux on all my machines. When it comes to indie games there is an abundance of choice on Linux, but the AAA titles are slow to get ported over. So for things I really want to play I have the PS4. Recently Rise of the tomb raider got ported to Linux, and I had to buy it again, because I wanted to play it in all it's UHD glory on my PC.

1 minute ago, AdmiralJT said:

I've been there. I've always been more of a PC gamer. The problem is for the last 6 or 7 years I have run Linux on all my machines. When it comes to indie games there is an abundance of choice on Linux, but the AAA titles are slow to get ported over. So for things I really want to play I have the PS4. Recently Rise of the tomb raider got ported to Linux, and I had to buy it again, because I wanted to play it in all it's UHD glory on my PC.

I think i'll get a refurbished gaming laptop for audio production work since I can work from home, and will probably install it on there.

I think i'll get a refurbished gaming laptop for audio production work since I can work from home, and will probably install it on there.

Do you need a laptop? With these new Ryzen CPUs from AMD it's possible to put together a really nice machine for around $700. 

4 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Do you need a laptop? With these new Ryzen CPUs from AMD it's possible to put together a really nice machine for around $700. 

i'd like it for the portability.

11 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

i'd like it for the portability.

In that case, I'd suggest looking at something from MSI, they make some nice rigs, and you can sometimes find them new in an Amazon open box deal for the same price as refurbished.

I'm still looking into building a gaming computer lol I do want to get the PC version of this game so I can play with some of the members here.

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I'm still looking into building a gaming computer lol I do want to get the PC version of this game so I can play with some of the members here.

Not getting host disconnects is swell. Also lag is much smaller.

2 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Not getting host disconnects is swell. Also lag is much smaller.

I think my computer will handle it but I would rather get a new computer before buying a copy for a third time lol 

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I think my computer will handle it but I would rather get a new computer before buying a copy for a third time lol 

Wait, third time?

Wait, third time?

Bought digital for PS4 then disc for PS4 lol

5 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Bought digital for PS4 then disc for PS4 lol

Oh, I thought you had it for Xbox, and then I was wondering why I never came across you.

Oh, I thought you had it for Xbox, and then I was wondering why I never came across you.

I don't own a Xbox. I'm a PS4 fan boy lol Tho my first online game was Halo 3 on Xbox 360 a long time ago lol 

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I don't own a Xbox. I'm a PS4 fan boy lol Tho my first online game was Halo 3 on Xbox 360 a long time ago lol 

Truth be told, I only got into Xbox because I already had the guitar hero wired guitar for playing a cracked freeware version of guitar hero and rock band games called "Frets on Fire"

1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Truth be told, I only got into Xbox because I already had the guitar hero wired guitar for playing a cracked freeware version of guitar hero and rock band games called "Frets on Fire"

Lol One I do wanna get a Xbox one X but my goal is a gaming PC. I have a capture card and now I'm waiting for my mic to come in. Next I need a gaming computer so I can plays on both PS4 and PC. The later down the road Xbox will be on my list. 

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:24 AM, Ghostboy20 said:

Me too. But I finally got the Gaming PC this month. Guess , we´re gonna wait for it going on sale then.

1 minute ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Me too. But I finally got the Gaming PC this month. Guess , we´re gonna wait for it going on sale then.

I plan on getting a gaming computer hopefully one day, right now with my setup right now I can only stream my games through my capture card for now. But this computer can play some games lol When friday does goes on sale I'll put in the library lol