http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S9c5nnDd_s

Did not know that there's a new Queen movie that's releasing on November 2nd.

The movie looks good, but tbh. They could've just cast Marc Martel as Freddie, not only does he look like him. But the dude sings just like Freddie.

Still, Rami Malek is a good choice to portray Freddie , along with Gwilym Lee(who portrays Brian May). Ben Hardy(who portrays Roger Taylor). And Joseph Mazzello( who portrays John deacon).

Are you going to see this movie? Or. Are you not interested?

(PS: If the link don't work, just search "Bohemian Rhapsody trailer" on YouTube).

• Like 1

How on Earth did you not know? I am stunned.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one. The visual cues in the trailer tell me that we're touching on lots of points in Queen's time with Freddy in the band.

I am simultaneously excited and depressed that music biopics are starting to explore bands that I grew up caring about.

• Like 1

They've been talking about this for a couple of years now when I first heard about it Borat was supposed to play Freddie Mercury, but he backed out for some reason.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

How on Earth did you not know? I am stunned.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one. The visual cues in the trailer tell me that we're touching on lots of points in Queen's time with Freddy in the band.

I am simultaneously excited and depressed that music biopics are starting to explore bands that I grew up caring about.

I knew that something about Queen was being made, i just didn't know it was a movie.

I thought it was another documantary about Queen tbh.

I'm on the same boat as you, i can't wait to go and see this. But at the same time, I'm worried about whether  the movie will be successful or not.

(FYI: its Freddie, not Freddy). :)

I just had to point it out^.

• Like 1

They were talking on the radio today about how people are already in an uproar because he doesn't appear to be gay enough in the trailer.

20 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

(FYI: its Freddie, not Freddy). :)

I just had to point it out^.

Yeah. I often dictate my posts to my phone and if I'm not careful stuff like that flies under the radar.

18 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

They were talking on the radio today about how people are already in an uproar because he doesn't appear to be gay enough in the trailer.

Thats just stupid...

I mean... I'm  just speechless after hearing that.

"Freddies not gay enough in the tralier". Yeah... Because all of those dances and the way he acted in the tralier , was  definitely  not gay...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Yeah. I often dictate my posts to my phone and if I'm not careful stuff like that flies under the radar.

Ah... Autocorrect, one of the many let downs of using a phone.

Better of using a computer or even a tablet.

Just now, Freddie Mercury said:

Thats just stupid...

I mean... I'm  just speechless after hearing that.

"Freddies not gay enough in the tralier". Yeah... Because all of those dances and the way he acted in the tralier , was  definitely  not gay...

It's truly ridiculous, the movie isn't out yet and people are critiquing it, and of all the things to critique it for. It's a wonderful enlightened, and open minded world we live in.

Am I remembering him wrong? Because I don't remember him being some stereotype of a flamboyant gay guy.

7 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

It's truly ridiculous, the movie isn't out yet and people are critiquing it, and of all the things to critique it for. It's a wonderful enlightened, and open minded world we live in.

Am I remembering him wrong? Because I don't remember him being some stereotype of a flamboyant gay guy.

Freddie wasn't a full on sterotypical gay guy, but. There was no denying that the man was.. Well... "bent", As they used too say to him.

The way he danced on stage was probably a dead give away, plus. Some of the clothes he wore, and the occasionally eyliner/Makeup he would wear.

The haircut he had was a very popular harstyle amongst the gay community. I should know, because my cousin used to have that harstyle.

And when me and him would go out for a drink, he would get hit on by tons of gay men.

7 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Freddie wasn't a full on sterotypical gay guy, but. There was no denying that the man was.. Well... "bent", As they used too say to him.

I always understood he was bi, but leaned toward men?

7 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

The haircut he had was a very popular harstyle amongst the gay community. I should know, because my cousin used to have that harstyle.

And when me and him would go out for a drink, he would get hit on by tons of gay men.

Can you specify? Freddie had several hairstyles through the 70's and 80's.

On 5/15/2018 at 3:08 PM, Freddie Mercury said:

The movie looks good, but tbh. They could've just cast Marc Martel as Freddie, not only does he look like him. But the dude sings just like Freddie.

Besides the square jaw, he does resemble him. And sound like him. But he's not an actor. He's a singer. They probably needed strong acting skills for this role.

On 5/15/2018 at 10:48 PM, AdmiralJT said:

They've been talking about this for a couple of years now when I first heard about it Borat was supposed to play Freddie Mercury, but he backed out for some reason.

Cohen backed out because he wanted more creative control than the producers wanted to give him.

7 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:
9 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

I always understood he was bi, but leaned toward men?

Well... Nobody really knows what Freddies sexual orientation was.

some think that he was bi, and some think think that he was gay.

i think he was probably gay because, he broke up with his ex after he found out he was "gay".

11 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Can you specify? Freddie had several hairstyles through the 70's and 80's.

This one:

th?id=OIP.kjnBxqfSPnEl4DHTPs6BAgHaIL&pid

And this one:

th?id=OIP.58B0-H1NzZxc2cMoaEiWNAHaEc&pid

(Sorry for the small images).

I do think it looks pretty good. Same time, I also feel like it's playing it too safe for a band as innovative and inventive as Queen. They took risks, I get the impression this movie doesn't. Anyone feel the same?

On 5/15/2018 at 4:08 PM, Freddie Mercury said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S9c5nnDd_s

Did not know that there's a new Queen movie that's releasing on November 2nd.

Still, Rami Malek is a good choice to portray Freddie , along with Gwilym Lee(who portrays Brian May). Ben Hardy(who portrays Roger Taylor). And Joseph Mazzello( who portrays John deacon).

Are you going to see this movie? Or. Are you not interested?

(PS: If the link don't work, just search "Bohemian Rhapsody trailer" on YouTube).

I'm interested, but given the issues I've heard about the production, I"m not in a hurry.  I'll wait until sources I trust have seen it and make an informed decision.  There's too many movies to see nowadays, and not nearly enough time to see them all in theaters.

23 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I'm interested, but given the issues I've heard about the production, I"m not in a hurry.  I'll wait until sources I trust have seen it and make an informed decision.  There's too many movies to see nowadays, and not nearly enough time to see them all in theaters.

Same. But, i'm seeing it regardless of the reviews. I love Queen, and that's enough too make me go see it.

Edited by Freddie Mercury
*Go*
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I mean, who doesn't?

True...

I have yet to meet someone  that hates Queen.

Edited by Freddie Mercury
God! My spellings terrible today...
  • Like 1