9 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Obviously all of our experiences here are anecdotal, Paulie Pedantic.

However, the fact that no one here can come forward and say they've found a single tape since April 13th raises some red flags, doesn't it? So many have said so that they've looked into it and(according to the referenced post) continue to look into it.

Tell me, how many tapes since then have YOU come across?

Mmmm...alright, I'll admit I might've been a bit harsh. But to be frank, my points do still stand.

Let me put it this way: a thread comes out that talks about how tapes haven't been dropping as much recently. Naturally, if there are people here who have also been unlucky enough to not receive a tape as of recent, they would be interested in this thread. So now we have a thread where some people are talking about not getting tapes as much as they used to, so it would appear at first that it's now a fact the tapes are dropping less than they were before. The problem is there's no actual evidence that tapes are in fact dropping less than usual. Shifty himself said in that thread I linked in my earlier post he communicated with the devs, and they didn't find anything unusual when they checked.

Since this is the devs we are talking about, they would have first hand knowledge of whether or not there's a problem, yet they found none. They have also said they will monitor the situation to make sure the tapes are still dropping, despite the fact there might be no problem at all. If the devs found out there was a problem, then sure they'll fix it. But many people have already started blaming the devs for screwing something up when there's no hard evidence other than a few anecdotal posts. To me, that's dangerously close to slander, dragging the dev's reputation through the mud for something they might've not done.

21 hours ago, CrystalLake said:

I found a fair amount on Xbox during the event, it left me need only 1 Tommy tape. I didn’t even SEE a Pamela OR Tommy tape for over 3 weeks (I play every day), but I finally found my final Tommy tape last week. They’re out there.

20 hours ago, BradleyMaverick said:

I didn’t find any tapes during the extra drop  weekend, but I did find a Tommy tape this weekend . 1st one in a long time but they are out there. 

These two people (in this thread) have stated that they have found tapes since the event ended. We started monitoring it a couple of days ago and things look right on our end, but I'll see if we can dive a bit deeper into it.

@ShiftySamurai can you at least verify if the tapes are truly 100% random in drawers, or if there is a way to 'earn' a higher drop rate?  I think there was a tweet sent out once that said there's a trick to finding them.

11 hours ago, Trident77 said:

Mmmm...alright, I'll admit I might've been a bit harsh. But to be frank, my points do still stand.

Let me put it this way: a thread comes out that talks about how tapes haven't been dropping as much recently. Naturally, if there are people here who have also been unlucky enough to not receive a tape as of recent, they would be interested in this thread. So now we have a thread where some people are talking about not getting tapes as much as they used to, so it would appear at first that it's now a fact the tapes are dropping less than they were before. The problem is there's no actual evidence that tapes are in fact dropping less than usual. Shifty himself said in that thread I linked in my earlier post he communicated with the devs, and they didn't find anything unusual when they checked.

Since this is the devs we are talking about, they would have first hand knowledge of whether or not there's a problem, yet they found none. They have also said they will monitor the situation to make sure the tapes are still dropping, despite the fact there might be no problem at all. If the devs found out there was a problem, then sure they'll fix it. But many people have already started blaming the devs for screwing something up when there's no hard evidence other than a few anecdotal posts. To me, that's dangerously close to slander, dragging the dev's reputation through the mud for something they might've not done.

Trident,

I would mostly agree with what you said except for one thing, people aren’t saying that they aren’t finding as many tapes as they used to, they are saying that they literally have not seen even 1 since the drop rate event. I’ve been playing this game long enough to be a pretty good judge of something like this. I’m telling you, something is off with the tapes. I literally have not seen one since the event. Not ONE. And I’ve been playing as much as I always do. Not even a double Pam tape (I have all of them.)  I would generally see one at least every 3 or 4 days, and now its literally been weeks since seeing one. And others have posted similar things.  I’ve not even been talking with someone else in a lobby telling me that they found one. Something is off. @ShiftySamurai thanks for looking into it! It is much appreciated.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

Trident,

I would mostly agree with what you said except for one thing, people aren’t saying that they aren’t finding as many tapes as they used to, they are saying that they literally have not seen even 1 since the drop rate event. I’ve been playing this game long enough to be a pretty good judge of something like this. I’m telling you, something is off with the tapes. I literally have not seen one since the event. Not ONE. And I’ve been playing as much as I always do. Not even a double Pam tape (I have all of them.)  I would generally see one at least every 3 or 4 days, and now its literally been weeks since seeing one. And others have posted similar things.  I’ve not even been talking with someone else in a lobby telling me that they found one. Something is off. @ShiftySamurai thanks for looking into it! It is much appreciated.

Once again, is something truly off? Or is it people believing something is off? Because there is a difference between the two. All I've seen are people making claims without having actual facts; just anecdotal evidence to support their claims. In fact, on the first page there were people who stated they actually found a tape within this time period, so if they're telling the truth then I can debunk the idea, here and now, that tapes aren't dropping at all.

Instead of making claims because of anecdotal evidence, how about we let the devs do their jobs? If they find something wrong, then they'll fix it. And considering they STILL haven't found anything yet, I'm starting to wonder what the reasons are for all these claims. It wouldn't be the first time that people have complained about something in order to potentially get a reward out of it Savini Jason. That to me reeks of dishonesty.

7 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

Once again, is something truly off? Or is it people believing something is off? Because there is a difference between the two. All I've seen are people making claims without having actual facts; just anecdotal evidence to support their claims. In fact, on the first page there were people who stated they actually found a tape within this time period, so if they're telling the truth then I can debunk the idea, here and now, that tapes aren't dropping at all.

Instead of making claims because of anecdotal evidence, how about we let the devs do their jobs? If they find something wrong, then they'll fix it. And considering they STILL haven't found anything yet, I'm starting to wonder what the reasons are for all these claims. It wouldn't be the first time that people have complained about something in order to potentially get a reward out of it Savini Jason. That to me reeks of dishonesty.

With respect to this subject. There was clearly an error when the gamr launched regarding tapes. At the time the same developers said, "just keep searching" when clearly they weren't out there.

I'm glad they're looking into this, but I'm not just going to take their word for it that nothing is wrong with the rates when it appears to be the case that there is something wrong.

12 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

The issue doesn’t have to be that no tapes are dropping at all. If the people saying they have found tapes since the event happened are being honest, then maybe the drop rate has in some way been inadvertently reduced to a much lower ratio than it is supposed to be. That seems much more logical to me than your apparent claim that several reputable members of this forum are intentionally lying about not finding tapes to get some kind of reward.

• Like 1

It's entirely possible when they reverted back to the regular spawn ratio it ended up cutting the spawn rate by 130% below normal. I believe they've looked and it's fine on their end. But it's possible the problem (if one exists) is somewhere else than they looked. As to trident's argument about anecdotal evidence, well it'd be hard for players to provide any other kind of evidence. I also don't think it boarders on slander to suggest the devs might have messed up the tape drops. People make mistakes, and the pocket knife fiasco is proof that they can make those kinds of mistakes. I'm not attacking them, just saying it's possible something went haywire. 

1 minute ago, Treymaker said:

The issue doesn’t have to be that no tapes are dropping at all. If the people saying they have found tapes since the event happened are being honest, then maybe the drop rate has in some way been inadvertently reduced to a much lower ratio than it is supposed to be. That seems much more logical to me than your apparent claim that several reputable members of this forum are intentionally lying about not finding tapes to get some kind of reward.

Trey I would agree with your take. I think the drop rate might have inadvertently been lowered after the bonus weekend. I was extremely surprised to find one, and in fact, it took a moment to register what it was when I opened the drawer because it had been so long since I had found one. I agree with the other members though as I definitely saw them a lot more regularly earlier in the year. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

I agree that trying to come to conclusions based on the anecdotal evidence of the vocal minority is pointless.  There are no known facts and no ways to verify anyone's claims.  

All I personally know for sure is that I haven't found any tapes since the super XP weekend.  I hadn't thought much of it until I read this thread.  There are people on here that I trust who are claiming similar issues.

Is everyone on here a liar?  Who knows.

Is the tape drop rate now zero?  No way for us to tell for sure.

Let the devs figure it out.  Let the internet speculate and argue.

2 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

It's entirely possible when they reverted back to the regular spawn ratio it ended up cutting the spawn rate by 130% below normal. I believe they've looked and it's fine on their end. But it's possible the problem (if one exists) is somewhere else than they looked. As to trident's argument about anecdotal evidence, well it'd be hard for players to provide any other kind of evidence. I also don't think it boarders on slander to suggest the devs might have messed up the tape drops. People make mistakes, and the pocket knife fiasco is proof that they can make those kinds of mistakes. I'm not attacking them, just saying it's possible something went haywire. 

Exactly. Also, Bradley and the other guy that have found tapes are also just giving anecdotal evidence. I've played with Bradley. I have no reason not to believe them. But I have also played since launch when tapes were nonexistent and often since the last increased tape drop. I have not found a single tape. My wife has not found a single tape. The usual squad that I play with most nights. You guessed it. No tapes.

Maybe the Devs are correct and it's just shit house luck that myself and most people I know haven't found any tapes and it's all the micless peeps in quickplay that are finding them. Anything is possible.

What is likely is that something is off with the ratio.

• Like 1

Funnily enough, last night I found a Tommy tape after just explaining to my friends that I haven't seen one in ages. Three to go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, malloymk said:

. I've played with Bradley. I have no reason not to believe them.

You better not doubt me you bastard! (Ha Ha)

• Like 1

I'm level 65 and I have found a grand total of 1 Tommy tape...and it wasn't during the event. It was shortly after they were introduced and I haven't found one since. 

I always find one every once in a while. But as my friends and I already have all the tapes they end up being there anyway.

1 minute ago, GhostWolfViking said:

@GHUNTERthaFIRST

The event said 130%.

Now they removed 30 and left the 1.

Your chances of finding them are looking great at 1%. 😄

Actual footage of the bots looking for tapes 

wBV8TV0.gif

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Actual footage of the bots looking for tapes 

wBV8TV0.gif

Lol literally just spat out my drink at my desk at work. too funny.

3 hours ago, SolidusPrime said:

I'm level 65 and I have found a grand total of 1 Tommy tape...and it wasn't during the event. It was shortly after they were introduced and I haven't found one since. 

Yeah wtf happened to those. All of the Pamela tapes I found were during the event and since then I have found nothing. Literally I will run through matches all night and have 70% drawer yield of nothing. If you're not gonna give me an item that's useful to the match in any way, you could at least make me feel accomplished for having found a cassette.

4 minutes ago, ZenVirtue69 said:

Lol literally just spat out my drink at my desk at work. too funny.

Thats my game footage of the bots awhile back lol Glad it made you laugh 

So, I’m jumping on this thread a little late.... But, I have to agree when it comes to tapes. I had like 12 Pamela tapes and during the extra drop I found six during the extra drop, and the last 2 after the extra drop was over, so Yay there. However, the Tommy tapes still elude me lol. I had 4 before the drop, found none during the drop and none since lol. I would say I play like 10hrs a week, so I’m not on constantly, but I would say I used to here on the walkie “hey I found a tape!” Usually once a week. Since the drop ended. I literally have found 1 Pamela tape which I left for someone else and told them where it was since I had them all, and have found 0 Tommy tapes. Also I can honestly say since the drop I have heard of only 2 or 3 people say they found a tape (every time a Pamela). I just think that at level 147 I should have more then 4 Tommy tapes considering I’ve had all the Pamela tapes for some time. Just my two cents. 

I been playing since December 25th. I only found 3 Tommy tapes. Found one during the 130%  event. None since then. I have 7 Pamela tapes. 

On 5/15/2018 at 3:01 PM, Brogan322 said:

I haven't found any tapes since the event ended either, has anyone else found a tape since? 

I found a Tommy tape yesterday.

I haven't found one in a long, long time but I also found a Tommy tape last night... 

I played nine games, on 2 ps4s. Used Vanessa to check every drawer while my friend was AFK as Jason. Nine games, zero tapes...