What happened to the tapes the pamela and jarvis tapes before the event i used to see tapes semi frequently, during the event only found one, after the event its like they ruined the spawns or something i dont even see 1. This is on xbox please help!

They are still there just very very rare to find. I only have one now. Thats it and it was before the event 

I haven't found one, or heard of anyone finding one since the event. I'm pretty sure they broke the system when they turned off the tape event.

I found a fair amount on Xbox during the event, it left me need only 1 Tommy tape. I didn’t even SEE a Pamela OR Tommy tape for over 3 weeks (I play every day), but I finally found my final Tommy tape last week. They’re out there.

I didn’t find any tapes during the extra drop  weekend, but I did find a Tommy tape this weekend . 1st one in a long time but they are out there. 

Haven't found one since the event ended.   I haven't heard any other players finding them either.  Pretty sure the drop rate was lessened lower than it had been. 

I haven't seen any since the event. Usually I end up spotting a duplicate Pamela tape at least once every weekish depending on how much I play. Something definitely seems to be off about it.

I've played a ton since the last increased tapes weekend and have not found one single tape.

I think they've decreased the tape ratio either intentionally or unintentionally.

Funny thing is, without fail, I always end up finding tapes more commonly outside of events boosting the chances of finding tapes than I do playing the game when those events are going on.

Well, up until recently. Now I'm just not getting anything period. So yeah, I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if the tape ratio was dropped. I wouldn't be surprised if some crazy whackjob shill out there defend them for that crap either judging by some of the folks on this forum.

I didn’t even notice this, but you’re right. I regularly found Pamela tapes before, but ever since the event, nothing. 🤔

Posted (edited)

You know guys, there's a possibility that with seven counselors max running around in a game that other people find the tapes first, therefore the reason why you guys don't find them instead. Some people are just really lucky while others aren't, and there's no guaranteee a tape will show up in a game.

Edited by Trident77

I haven't found any tapes since the event ended either, has anyone else found a tape since? 

If these were EARNED at certain levels (or badges or whatever), rather than randomly FOUND at a ridiculously low rate, it would kill two birds with one stone: it would make leveling up have more meaning and it would make these tapes available to more people.

52 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

You know guys, there's a possibility that with seven counselors max running around in a game that other people find the tapes first, therefore the reason why you guys don't find them instead. Some people are just really lucky while others aren't, and there's no guaranteee a tape will show up in a game.

No one here finding any tapes in a month though doesn't seem odd to you? Before the tape drop, I would find one at least every 20 rounds.

I think they made a coding error where they accidentally removed all tape spawns after the event, like how the pocket knife december-february explosion was due to a coding error.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

No one here finding any tapes in a month though doesn't seem odd to you? Before the tape drop, I would find one at least every 20 rounds.

I think they made a coding error where they accidentally removed all tape spawns after the event, like how the pocket knife december-february explosion was due to a coding error.

Define "no one." Is that fact, or is that something you want to be fact? Because your evidence is very anecdotal.

That being said, Shifty actually mentioned he talked to the devs about this particular topic in this thread recently, but they didn't find any issues. They said they'll continue to monitor it, however, but all I'm really seeing in this thread is a bunch of people who were unlucky to not find tapes as of recent.

Just now, Trident77 said:

Define "no one." Is that fact, or is that something you want to be fact? Because your evidence is very anecdotal.

That being said, Shifty actually mentioned he talked to the devs about this particular topic in this thread recently, but they didn't find any issues. They said they'll continue to monitor it, however, but all I'm really seeing in this thread is a bunch of people who were unlucky to not find tapes as of recent.

Obviously all of our experiences here are anecdotal, Paulie Pedantic.

However, the fact that no one here can come forward and say they've found a single tape since April 13th raises some red flags, doesn't it? So many have said so that they've looked into it and(according to the referenced post) continue to look into it.

Tell me, how many tapes since then have YOU come across?

• Like 1

Haven’t seen even one since the event ended.  Something is definitely different about it since that weekend.  We’ve been discussing this in the general Tape topic for a few days now. 

I haven't played much lately, no tapes at all for me or anyone else in the games I've played. Here's the kicker. I have been working on some videos and had another ps4 here with mine. So, I took Vanessa for some testing. Five games in a row, opened every possible drawer. Nothing! Maybe on the sixth game? Was too tired to keep running, but after 5 games of no tapes at all I gave up. I'll try 10 games next chance I get and post results.

I haven't found a single one (not even Pamela's double tapes, that I have completed for months) since the event.

Still at 4 Jarvis' tapes.

I haven't found any tapes, since the event in December... that was when I finally got all of my Pamela tapes and my current six Jarvis tapes. I had hoped the recent event would've helped me get some more, but nope... nothing then and still nothing now. It could be like what @Trident77 said earlier, that someone else in the lobby found one, before I managed to get to that specific drawer or something... but with a 1 in 7 chance, I would think I should've at least come across ONE since December.

Maybe it's a bug or some code which is the issue, but like what @ShiftySamurai :

"I’ve seen a few comments like this lately and asked someone to check to make sure the drop rate is set correctly, and it certainly appears to be. We’ll look into it some more to make sure."

Guess all we can do is wait and see what happens. Perhaps with the team working on the big update, things might've slipped through the cracks or something...

this past weekend i played with 6 friends basically all weekend we all were on game chat talking even the randoms we came across and nobody found a tape. but that is just a 12hrs worth of gameplay sample size