This is something that really has bugged me and I hope the new update fixes this. Basically, there are many instances where Jason will grab you even though he should never have grabbed you in the first place. It's ridiculous. It's annoying. It's especially frustrating because in most cases his arm literally never touches you. It happens to me frequently and is annoying as fuck. Here's a video by Beaty that actually slows it down and shows you.

See? It's really annoying and stupid that Jason can grab you that far. I think that the counselor should only be grabbed if his arm actually touches them, not the air behind them. It would make the game more balanced.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Buddy489 said:

This is something that really has bugged me and I hope the new update fixes this. Basically, there are many instances where Jason will grab you even though he should never have grabbed you in the first place. It's ridiculous. It's annoying. It's especially frustrating because in most cases his arm literally never touches you. It happens to me frequently and is annoying as fuck. Here's a video by Beaty that actually slows it down and shows you.

See? It's really annoying and stupid that Jason can grab you that far. I think that the counselor should only be grabbed if his arm actually touches them, not the air behind them. It would make the game more balanced.

You won't have to worry about it anymore, they gave Jason's grab a whole new canned animation, he lunges at you kinda and he cannot spin around when he attempts to grab. Here's a footage of the new grab:

Don't worry about phantom grabs, kay?

3 hours ago, Buddy489 said:

TBH, I didn’t see anything wrong with any of the grabs. What I do see is a bad grab annimation, which has been in the game since day one, and is supposed to be fixed whenever the patch is released.  The new annimation shows the lunge that occurs during a grab, which is currently not shown. If anything, I’d be complaining about the shitty attacks through doors, which are an exploit of the game mechanics due to other bugs.  Thanks for showing how un-fun the game truly is, as the video does do that extremely well.

Grab range expands beyond the current animation.  Not bad or unfair, unless bad ping. 

My only real issue with the grab is in combination with bad hit detection. If I swing at Jason and my bat goes thru him as he grabs me, that’s bullshit. Even if I didn’t stun him, my weapon met his arm and should have cancelled out the grab. Even with an epic Swift Attacker, your weapon has a high chance of not registering which is annoying

• Like 1

I don't know if you're in good or bad ping, but let me tell you, you've never experienced it in full effect until you've been in a 300-500 ping game. Me and my mates are Australian and when we play, we can only find American lobbies which are always 300-500 ping (average of 350) and we've become accustomed to the bad ping and even hear some Americans from time to time complain of lag (when they're on a 60-80 ping). But the things you experience in the ping we deal with would make you guys lose your head over it. I.e Jason's super phantom grab where his at least 10 feet away and still grabs you, Not being able to lock doors and open windows because of the ping, Characters tripping and stumbling as you go to stun Jason which instead of projection you in front of him, go sideways and leave you open to grabs, And you think car driving is bad in good ping? Try 300-400 ping, see how far you get against a Jason who can shift good and knows how to stop a car. And playing as Jason is even better, You can't shift grab because of how laggy the animation is, having the game skip when you try to grab players, even sometimes placing traps is annoying in a sense. That's why most of my mates have put their preference to counselor, because playing as Jason is not worth the stress. But, while it is annoying, we suck it up and play anyways because it's essentially hard mode as we call it and being level 150, we just have fun with it now and even laugh at some of the lags we experience. 

Jason, right now, has a slight extension past his hand for a grab. The distance in that video looks longer than usual. It's either a ping issue, meaning the server had you in a different position than you saw yourself, or the servers are having trouble. 

Offline has shown me that online seems to suffer from server issues beyond ping. I'm hardwired and have good service and regardless how low my ping gets (20ms at the lowest, 60ms average) things are just a little off and too many weird things happen too often that never happen offline.  

It’s because his grab range is a few feet beyond his reach. People complained about Jason having T-Rex arms back in the October patch. His grab NEEDED to be nerfed when the game was released and he had the “Darth Vader grab” when his reached extended the size of an entire rug. The October patch kind of nerfed it a little too much. I say the January patch is a happy medium although we all experience a force grab from time to time due to bad connection or just because of circumstance. The new grab has a lunge so I think that it’ll be a little better with the lunge added so his reach doesn’t have to extend beyond his arm.

Thank God. I hate it when playing as Chad and juking Jason only to have him turn around halfway through the grab animation so I couldn't even hit him and it would miss. Thank the lord they're changing that. 

6 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Grab range expands beyond the current animation.  Not bad or unfair, unless bad ping. 

When it happens to me, the server average ping is 100ms. Anyway, the grab is still annoying. Cannot wait for the new update. And yeah, I did see that grab animation when they revealed it in Feb and I was like "wow it's gonna suck" but not really...

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

Aren't there already 2,000,000 threads whining about Jason's grab?

no because there are a little over 200,000 individual posts on the forum.

16 hours ago, Buddy489 said:

Watching that video clearly shows the problems with this game.. and funny enough its not the grab.

Exploiting doors for cheap/easy hits.  Ganging up on Jason and dancing..  Its hard to actually care about anyone getting hit by a laggy grab with that other shit.

Can't wait for Door hits to be fixed, thats for damn sure.

1 hour ago, Buddy489 said:

no because there are a little over 200,000 individual posts on the forum.

Um, did you seriously take my post literally?

I meant that it just FEELS that way since there's SO MANY of them. Does that help?

6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Watching that video clearly shows the problems with this game.. and funny enough its not the grab.

Exploiting doors for cheap/easy hits.  Ganging up on Jason and dancing..  Its hard to actually care about anyone getting hit by a laggy grab with that other shit.

Can't wait for Door hits to be fixed, thats for damn sure.

This.

5 hours ago, Dolemite said:

I meant that it just FEELS that way since there's SO MANY of them. Does that help?

I was thinking the same exact thing.

5 hours ago, Dolemite said:

What has become of the internet, when this distinction has to be made?

6 hours ago, Dolemite said:

I was being a smartass :)

On 5/14/2018 at 8:33 PM, Qcici said:

You won't have to worry about it anymore, they gave Jason's grab a whole new canned animation, he lunges at you kinda and he cannot spin around when he attempts to grab. Here's a footage of the new grab:

Don't worry about phantom grabs, kay?

With all due respect Wes when you all gave Jason back slight increase in range this was more then fair now if this new grab has his range and ability juked again it's gonna make playing Jason yet again hard to play and possibly making him a punching bag all over again that was the issue in the first place after his grab was nerfed like crazy.

5 minutes ago, pilospc said:

With all due respect Wes when you all gave Jason back slight increase in range this was more then fair now if this new grab has his range and ability juked again it's gonna make playing Jason yet again hard to play and possibly making him a punching bag all over again that was the issue in the first place after his grab was nerfed like crazy.

That's why there's a swinging button. 

7 hours ago, Qcici said:

That's why there's a swinging button. 

Additionally, Jason is definitely not underpowered. In fact, he has so many unfair advantages over counselors. Two teleportation moves, high damage with weapon, regardless of strength, and also can see counselors anywhere on the map. FINALLY, he can mask himself and jump scare people, as well as surprise attack people. Stalk is actually useful, y'know?