Manny1985

Poll: Level 113 weapon swapping. Too high a level, or fair to players?

Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?

• Yes, here are some alternatives:
    • No, people should be able to reach 113 without much difficulty.

14 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

The Yeses finally have a comfortable lead over the no's. It's been about 50/50 for the longest time.

1,50% is a comfortable lead?

Thats nothing,that means the people who voted are exectly split in half.

If this would be a election for a government it would mean that the ones who leadby 1,50%are almost not capable of acting when they are in charge.

5 hours ago, AngronKharn said:

1,50% is a comfortable lead?

Thats nothing,that means the people who voted are exectly split in half.

If this would be a election for a government it would mean that the ones who leadby 1,50%are almost not capable of acting when they are in charge.

If you had seen how close it’s been, you’d see this is the largest gap. Also your anology fails terribly because congress just needs a simple majority to pass most laws. 

Just now, Manny1985 said:

. Also your anology fails terribly because congress needs a simple majority to pass many laws. 

Noits not, because such a small majority needs a 100% unity in your rows to be successful,which most parties rarely have.

Whoever made the final call to make it 113 should be locked in a room with Jason. By the time I hit 113,all my friends will have abandoned the game again,and the PC player count will be at 300.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AngronKharn said:

Noits not, because such a small majority needs a 100% unity in your rows to be successful,which most parties rarely have.

No, the USA does not need 100 percent unification to pass a law, just a simple majority.

Maybe a smidge too high?  At least it gives the 4th generation (and after) of players a sense of accomplishment and something to look forward to.  It can be a carrot to continue playing.  

7 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

No, the USA does not need 100 percent unification to pass a law, just a simple majority.

I mean mojority in your on rows. If you have 51%, you need alll of thepeople who represent these 51% to pass a law. If just a few people in your ownparty arent down with what you want to do, you cant do it.

I’ve had this game since the Second literally it was available on the Xbox store I supported the game since the day the kickstarter was announced and got saving skin. I was SUPER excited when they revealed weapon switch and couldn’t wait.

Then they revealed its a 113 unlock. 

I have a lot of time into the game and I’m only level 57 i find it very difficult leveling up and even with the 2.3 weekend it’s still taking forever. 113 is a huge number I don’t really know why it would need to be so high. If it’s too keep people playing I think making a Jason a higher level would be a better choice. Or making it so you unlock certain weapons as you level up. Or at least make it so single player challenges give you a decent amount 

This subject has been talked about, specifically on the original thread posted by the mods. But I agree, the weapon swaps should have been spread out between the intermediate levels.

I agre 113 is a tad too high, but being a launch player and only being a 57 is WAY too low. 

Ever since the first trailer and early gameplay, it has somewhat soured players that swapping the weapon your Jason is using has not been available.

The May 2018 patch finally allowed this, but it was locked under a level 113 restriction. This is a poor decision, and I can share a reason with the developers as to why this is bad.

Initially, a higher level to unlock it forces the players to use each Jason if they want specific weapons kills, thus getting used to how each one handles. This is fine. However, the last Jason is unlocked at level 44. We know Uber Jason is on the way and level 55 would be an apt level to unlock him (5+5 = 10 = roman numeral X ). This is why I strongly suggested level 76 as the weapon unlock level as it gives the 50's and 60's as areas to unlock future Jason content, but also some "breather" room to force players into using the Jason with his stock weapon and kills and see if they like them.

But that's not the main thing I made this topic about.

No, rather, I'm talking about the possibility of customers who buy the game paying for DLC kill packs and even future weapons. The farm pitchfork is one such weapon folks have been asking about.

How likely do you think someone would actually buy said DLC if they couldn't use it until level 113? Chances are they wouldn't touch it or they would only get it if they were well past that level (which is the current situation of weapon swap anyway, the only people who have it are either people who were already at 150 or who purposefully did mundane grinding to get to level 113 and feel no sense of satisfaction, just an irritating boundary out of the way).

Remember: level 101 was what was initially decided upon as the end game level that anyone would ever reach. It was only pushed to 150 because of people having maxed it out from playing the original release and the content past level 101 was intended as fluff and "thank you" for the long term support of the game.

• Like 1

Yeah , I totally get you but maybe weapon swap is also meant as an thank you?

Just a little note , if you didn't know ,you can now change your advanced member state. Just go to edit your profile and do , for example another nod to Splatterhouse.

Think its too late now...

Alot of us tried to reasons with GUN about the absurd level lock  And argue against it..  But where ignored..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Yeah , I totally get you but maybe weapon swap is also meant as an thank you?

Just a little note , if you didn't know ,you can now change your advanced member state. Just go to edit your profile and do , for example another nod to Splatterhouse.

As a thank you, it again only benefits those who are far past it. A level 150 player has access to everything anyway so if it was unlocked at level 10 or level 150, they already have it. I'm a backer, my PC copy is at 150, but my PS4 copy which I do not go online with, was at 65. This exp event only lifted it to 73 and I still have another 40 levels to go before my solo-play-only version of the game gets something for Jason.

• Like 1

113 is too high and makes no sense.  But yeah, as HuDawg mentioned, a solid case was brought up against it before the update and it was ignored.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 5:27 PM, AngronKharn said:

I mean mojority in your on rows. If you have 51%, you need alll of thepeople who represent these 51% to pass a law. If just a few people in your ownparty arent down with what you want to do, you cant do it.

sigh

you literally need everyone to be cool with that cause its an entire law that actually affects the entire population of the united states of america. its not a videogame feature that should be expected to be a basic in any slasher game ever.

• Like 1

I can't believe this topic is still going. That said weapon swapping in not a big deal, and will likely not get the level unlock changed.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:29 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

It's not too high. Grind.

No thanks. I've been playing since beta and I'm in the 50s. The game isn't fun. But by all means, keep giving reasons for the community to not play the game. After the update, f13 is at a cool 700 people and it will be back below 350 in no time with nothing enticing to bring anyone back. I'd rather eat asbestos than suffer through 60 levels or so of this crap for the ability to try a new feature.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Caliph said:

No thanks. I've been playing since beta and I'm in the 50s. The game isn't fun. But by all means, keep giving reasons for the community to not play the game. After the update, f13 is at a cool 700 people and it will be back below 350 in no time with nothing enticing to bring anyone back. I'd rather eat asbestos than suffer through 60 levels or so of this crap for the ability to try a new feature.

Then don't bother playing a game you consider a waste of time and stop bugging those who do.

• Confused 1