Manny1985

Poll: Level 113 weapon swapping. Too high a level, or fair to players?

Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?

• Yes, here are some alternatives:
    • No, people should be able to reach 113 without much difficulty.

Wtf is a math mountain...? 

JBy the time you reach level 90 you have unlocked all the customize options more or less. I am a day one player btw. I'm going to say 113 is fair, but here's some reasons:

1. It gives you something to strive for after unlocking everything else. 

2. The weapons will change up Jason's mode of attack. So, changing his weapons too early can actually be a bad thing if you have not at least played with all the different Jasons first. 

3. Think about the time and effort they put into making sure the whole program works. They made this game based on nostalgia and the focus is on keeping true to what was most memorable. Why spoil that by allowing everyone to easily access content which would change that aspect?

4. As for the problem with getting good game play in... One can only hope that changes soon.?

Reached 113 just now. I feel 0% accomplishment, 100% annoyance. Can’t wait to have access to the thing everyone should have had access to since launch. 

Im just lucky this was a slow week.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

Reached 113 just now. I feel 0% accomplishment, 100% annoyance. Can’t wait to have access to the thing everyone should have had access to since launch. 

Congrats! ?

1 minute ago, R.J MacReady said:

50% of the voters disagree with you.

And at this very moment a slight majority of them agree. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, R.J MacReady said:

50% of the voters disagree with you.

The only people that disagree that the level is too high are probably the ones who want to feel special. “But muh grind”. I’ve been 150 since last year, and I think it’s BS to lock a feature like this behind a huge level as well. What is actually the point of making it if majority of the playerbase won’t use it?

Pretty big leap from 44 to 113 with nothing in between, and not enough incentive for the casuals to grind their way to access such a simple feature.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Pretty big leap from 44 to 113 with nothing in between

That's the big issue. They really should have split it up so that you're getting something tangible every few levels instead of getting everything at once at a level so high that with nothing else to make you grind out those levels, most people won't reach in the first place.

You can definitely lock simple features behind levels and still keep people playing and be successful, as Dead by Daylight locks entire playstyles and some of the most important perks behind not only grinding, but DLC paywalls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

That's the big issue. They really should have split it up so that you're getting something tangible every few levels instead of getting everything at once at a level so high that with nothing else to make you grind out those levels, most people won't reach in the first place.

You can definitely lock simple features behind levels and still keep people playing and be successful, as Dead by Daylight locks entire playstyles and some of the most important perks behind not only grinding, but DLC paywalls.

Agreed dbd has a better progression system. Disagree there aren’t a lot of people at or past 113.

4 hours ago, damnenchiladas said:

Save it. This was nothing short of bullshit.  

I don't agree with you, but I do respect your opinion. I hope you won't be too busy when  the update drops, so you get to enjoy all of the new things that they are adding. ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, damnenchiladas said:

GOOD!!! Now you don't have to worry about that while filming today!

Can't wait to see the final product man! I'm more hyped about that than this update lol

13 hours ago, damnenchiladas said:

Level 76 or 85 would have been a hell of a lot more reasonable.

I'm at 66, I've got a shitload of work to do.

• Like 1

I don´t really get it , that so many People are angry that it is a Level 113 lock. It´s not that different from bloody Skins. You just look different and your kills may look different. Except the spear and Trident but it´s pretty fun to Play with the spear in my opinion.

Yeah... I think one thing people aren't really factoring in as well is preferred play style- I know for myself I am just breaching level 80 and it's kind of frustrating to me, because for the longest time I had my spawn preference locked in as counselor for several reasons:
-lack of dedicated servers meant pretty inconsistent connectivity and often times if I spawned as Jason I would get kicked about half way through a match which not only spoils the Jason experience but also spoils any fun your friends and strangers may experience as counselors, so if I spawned in as a counselor and the server kicked me, at least I wouldn't ruin the game experience for everyone else.

-Door trolling and map glitch trolling made playing Jason a royal pain when you have players who select Vanessa, Chad, or Bugzy and constantly smack you through locked doors as you try to break in or walk around fence posts that Jason is too fat to get beyond and camp or climb up on rocks that weren't meant to be climbed and just taunt the entire round.

-Honestly, more often than not, I have more fun playing as a counselor for the fear factor, unexpected surprise of Jason sneaking up on you, and the uncertainty of what resources you will have at your disposal. For me the strategizing and adjusting to the plays that Jason is making is often more rewarding than having Jason's skill set which is built to be nigh impossible to face head on.

All of these factors really make me feel like the level cap should be a bit lower, because if you are playing as a counselor, and prefer playing as a counselor, your experience points are somewhat jeopardized from jump. In a way I feel like such a high level cap is punishing to those players. Perhaps I'm on my own with this one, but I know playing as Jason it's much easier to gain experience, without having to rely on rolling a decent and useful perk or luck of the draw in spawn (can't tell you how many times I've spawned at the fuse house and gotten that insta-kill and had to wait 15 to 20 minutes just for a measly 500 or so experience, which invariably means little the further you grind).

I really enjoyed when they had the double experience weekend because it felt like a prime opportunity to makeup for missing levels (as many a user has stated before Experience=/= Play Time).

All of that said, I have recently been enjoying the experience playing as Jason as well (now that I've shifted my spawn preference), but I do still feel strongly that the level cap should come down, or that some other assists should be instituted to help players like myself who have been struggling and really grinding to get there, but with no return.

This is all my 2c of course! It's unfair, but hear me out. I'm currently sitting at 126 and i've put in about 360 hours on the game. Only half-ish of that time was spent really grinding it and trying to earn max XP per round. I'd say my time spent on the game is on the above average side. I think really cool features should be for the players that spend alot of time in game, but that's a bit much considering what it is. This will force more people to screw around less and play the game right, so that is a good thing. I think 80 is fair. With effort and taking advantage of double XP, I think people can reach that realistically.

Side bar - I think there should be XP bonuses for escaping in vehicles the right way - meaning full cars and boats. That will also encourage people to play right for max XP.

Side bar 2 - Uber Jason should be a really high level unlock. I think that is a more desirable character that people will be willing to put in the time for, and people who are already putting in the 300+ hour mark deserve.

15 hours ago, damnenchiladas said:

Sorry for you loss

1 hour ago, ReavesUppercut said:

2 - Uber Jason should be a really high level unlock. I think that is a more desirable character that people will be willing to put in the time for, and people who are already putting in the 300+ hour mark deserve.

Nothing should be put behind a 300+ hour play wall in a game like this. it is not some type of MMO.   People seem to take the mentality, Well I did it, so everyone should have to do it.  Not a positive approach to a problem.

I've been playing since the beginning and highly doubt I will ever reach the weapon swap level.  Way too high for a game with such little content. 

I maxed out a while ago, and I think it's too high. At least have 113 be what you unlock the last weapon at or something like that. Just let players get 'em all one-by-one.

The Yeses finally have a comfortable lead over the no's. It's been about 50/50 for the longest time.

3 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I don´t really get it , that so many People are angry that it is a Level 113 lock. It´s not that different from bloody Skins. You just look different and your kills may look different. Except the spear and Trident but it´s pretty fun to Play with the spear in my opinion.

Skins are one thing, weapons swapping ,which was in the ONE OF VERY FIRST TRAILERS FOR THIS GAME, has been something wanted since day one.

I can't stress this enough, Bloody skins and the last set of clothing for counselors is FLUFF. It's a little nod letting folks know you poured a ton of time into the game.

Yes, I think Weapon Swapping should be locked, but only as high as the level you unlock the last Jason. This is why I stress the 76 or 85 level, giving all of the 50's and 60's to release other Jasons into.

People are callous and willfully ignore that LEVEL 101 WAS MEANT TO BE THE FINAL LEVEL A PLAYER WOULD EVER REACH BEFORE SHELVING THE GAME.

I'm willing to bet all the people who are pro 113 are already well past that level. Guess what? So am I, I'm at 150... ON PC because I didn't suffer the loss of EXP when asshats disconnected through ragequitting and actually made out like a bandit with free exp.

I ALSO have a PS4 which DOES NOT GO ONLINE. I refuse to pay for PS+ so I never got to play my PS4 version until Offline bots were released, which was numerous months after the game had been released. My PS4 profile is at level 66 and I can VERY clearly feel the grind when my only opposition is bots. Sure, I can get around 1200 exp <20 min, but I can only do it so many times before I want to do something else, something more stimulating. The challenges will be a nice distraction, but I doubt I'll reach level 70 before I 100% them, and what do I get for my Jason for my efforts?

A FAT LOAD OF BULLSHIT.

Jason preference players have been shat on non stop and I'm really feeling it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Skins are one thing, weapons swapping ,which was in the ONE OF VERY FIRST TRAILERS FOR THIS GAME, has been something wanted since day one.

I can't stress this enough, Bloody skins and the last set of clothing for counselors is FLUFF. It's a little nod letting folks know you poured a ton of time into the game.

Yes, I think Weapon Swapping should be locked, but only as high as the level you unlock the last Jason. This is why I stress the 76 or 85 level, giving all of the 50's and 60's to release other Jasons into.

People are callous and willfully ignore that LEVEL 101 WAS MEANT TO BE THE FINAL LEVEL A PLAYER WOULD EVER REACH BEFORE SHELVING THE GAME.

I'm willing to bet all the people who are pro 113 are already well past that level. Guess what? So am I, I'm at 150... ON PC because I didn't suffer the loss of EXP when asshats disconnected through ragequitting and actually made out like a bandit with free exp.

I ALSO have a PS4 which DOES NOT GO ONLINE. I refuse to pay for PS+ so I never got to play my PS4 version until Offline bots were released, which was numerous months after the game had been released. My PS4 profile is at level 66 and I can VERY clearly feel the grind when my only opposition is bots. Sure, I can get around 1200 exp <20 min, but I can only do it so many times before I want to do something else, something more stimulating. The challenges will be a nice distraction, but I doubt I'll reach level 70 before I 100% them, and what do I get for my Jason for my efforts?

A FAT LOAD OF BULLSHIT.

Jason preference players have been shat on non stop and I'm really feeling it.

Yeah , good Points. I am 15 Levels higher or so on PS4 but I hate this damn stupid PS Plus Mechanic , so now I am going to switch on PC. But it isn´t that hard to get to that Level. If the Host always leaves , then kill him last , That´s the way how I got pretty easy to that Level.