Jump to content
Manny1985

Poll: Level 113 weapon swapping. Too high a level, or fair to players?

Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?  

269 members have voted

  1. 1. Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?

    • Yes, here are some alternatives:
      142
    • No, people should be able to reach 113 without much difficulty.
      126


Recommended Posts

Just now, SolidusPrime said:

lol

That does sound accurate, thanks for the breakdown. ❤️

I just hope I'm right and not feeding you bullshit lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

and yet here we are with a clear 50/50 split of the community saying its way too much. here we are with tons of very dedicated kickstarter backers having never had the time in their lives to play as much as you did and get to level 113 and up. any reasonable dev would look at a 50/50 community split and decide "alright, its time to change SOMETHING."

not gun media - theyll happily tell 50% of their community to go fuck themselves. any reasonable dev would now do anything to find a balance in it, such as lowering the level to something more logical and attainable, or altogether changing the requirement necessary for the unlock such as challenges (they literally released single player challenges with this. one would figure they would make the ultimate reward for finishing all of them weapon swapping. guess not) but gun media will happily flip the finger and smell their most recent fart with legs kicked up on their mahogany table and a half burnt out cigar in the mouth. "dont like our stupid decision? community split? go fuck yourselves - theres the door >" 

Nothing wrong with 50/50. Better than 40/60.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I have a job, wife, and 2 kids.  I'm a football coach, so from August until November, I have basically zero weekday hours to play.

However, I am at level 136.  I played a lot during double XP weekend nights, and I don't really play other games.

I don't understand how someone who has been playing since release can complain that level 113 is too high.  It's supposed to be a reward, right?

Considering that the game has been out for almost a year anyone that has had the game since launch and had the time is probably at 150 already. For those of us that haven't had the game since launch and/or don't have the time then that's a different story. I've only had the game a few months and I'm at level 70 but that was with taking advantage of Double XP weekend in April and playing everyday a few hours. I'm married with one child and I get plenty of shit for playing all the time ? . Not everyone is going to have 14 hours a week or more to play this game and not every one has been playing this game for a year. I think they should have lowered the weapon swap to level 44 maybe level 60. It probably wouldn't be so bad if they at least filled the gap between 44 and 108.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a very busy life and can still find time for this game. I've been level 150 since January. Even with host quiting and disconnection errors abundance. If I can do it you can do it.

If you can't, then it means you simply didn't enjoy the game enough to put time into it or just bought the game recently and want a free pass. 113 is nothing in my book.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm rather surprised this chatter is still continuing. I think everyone has made their view point pretty clear. It is a divisive subject, but beyond that not too many folk's minds are going to be changed. Is there nothing else worth chatting about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TxJason said:

Considering that the game has been out for almost a year anyone that has had the game since launch and had the time is probably at 150 already. For those of us that haven't had the game since launch and/or don't have the time then that's a different story. I've only had the game a few months and I'm at level 70 but that was with taking advantage of Double XP weekend in April and playing everyday a few hours. I'm married with one child and I get plenty of shit for playing all the time ? . Not everyone is going to have 14 hours a week or more to play this game and not every one has been playing this game for a year. I think they should have lowered the weapon swap to level 44 maybe level 60. It probably wouldn't be so bad if they at least filled the gap between 44 and 108.

I hear you, but if you really enjoy playing, you'll grind it out and earn it within a couple months, right?  If you don't really like the game, then you won't; but then, why would you complain about not having a reward in a game you don't really like?  I'm not saying you are complaining, just referencing some others here.  And yeah, my wife (lovingly) gives me shit about playing this, too.  But this is how I spend the small personal time I have.  I don't play golf, I don't go to bars, I don't go hunting...I work, spend time with my family, and play video games with a couple of friends. 

My original comment was more to people who claim to have been playing since day one and being really dedicated, but just haven't been able to get to 113 because they have busy lives.  My life is extremely busy, but I've found the time to get there.  Because I like the game so much, and it's basically the only game I play.

 

Lastly, I definitely agree with you that there needs to be more cool unlockable stuff between 44 and 108.  My suggestion is to rework the perks system to become things you earn at different levels.  I've seen several other good ideas on this forum having to do with this as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

and yet here we are with a clear 50/50 split of the community saying its way too much. here we are with tons of very dedicated kickstarter backers having never had the time in their lives to play as much as you did and get to level 113 and up. any reasonable dev would look at a 50/50 community split and decide "alright, its time to change SOMETHING."

not gun media - theyll happily tell 50% of their community to go fuck themselves. any reasonable dev would now do anything to find a balance in it, such as lowering the level to something more logical and attainable, or altogether changing the requirement necessary for the unlock such as challenges (they literally released single player challenges with this. one would figure they would make the ultimate reward for finishing all of them weapon swapping. guess not) but gun media will happily flip the finger and smell their most recent fart with legs kicked up on their mahogany table and a half burnt out cigar in the mouth. "dont like our stupid decision? community split? go fuck yourselves - theres the door >" 

You're asking for something to change to balance it better, when it is already 50/50. I agree there are better ideas out there for implementing it, but not changing isn't a big fuck you just because you don't like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

113 sound good to me, it rewards people like me who backed this game and have played it since it’s launch, though the Jason nerfs, bugs, exploits, I work full time, have a life and still managed to be at 150 months ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dislike both sides of the argument -  (I have a life, i can't put 300 hours into this game in a year, vs / its so easy to get 300+ hours of this game in while having a life.)

That is not the point. The point is a basic idea such as weapon swapping is locked behind 300 hours of playing. 
name me any game like this that has a fairly basic feature that requires this time of playtime to unlock.  The unlock being this high is a bonehead decision, regardless of a persons free time.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

You're asking for something to change to balance it better, when it is already 50/50. I agree there are better ideas out there for implementing it, but not changing isn't a big fuck you just because you don't like it.

It actually is a general FU to anyone that wants a basic option that is locked behind a 300 + hour timewall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

113 sound good to me, it rewards people like me who backed this game and have played it since it’s launch, though the Jason nerfs, bugs, exploits, I work full time, have a life and still managed to be at 150 months ago.

You are such a liar! No one who works or has a life can be 150...… At least that's what some  seem to be suggesting,  lol. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

I dislike both sides of the argument -  (I have a life, i can't put 300 hours into this game in a year, vs / its so easy to get 300+ hours of this game in while having a life.)

That is not the point. The point is a basic idea such as weapon swapping is locked behind 300 hours of playing. 
name me any game like this that has a fairly basic feature that requires this time of playtime to unlock.  The unlock being this high is a bonehead decision, regardless of a persons free time.

 

There's 100s of basic features that are missing from this game. So what if they decide to level lock one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I hear you, but if you really enjoy playing, you'll grind it out and earn it within a couple months, right?  If you don't really like the game, then you won't; but then, why would you complain about not having a reward in a game you don't really like?  I'm not saying you are complaining, just referencing some others here.  And yeah, my wife (lovingly) gives me shit about playing this, too.  But this is how I spend the small personal time I have.  I don't play golf, I don't go to bars, I don't go hunting...I work, spend time with my family, and play video games with a couple of friends. 

My original comment was more to people who claim to have been playing since day one and being really dedicated, but just haven't been able to get to 113 because they have busy lives.  My life is extremely busy, but I've found the time to get there.  Because I like the game so much, and it's basically the only game I play.

 

Lastly, I definitely agree with you that there needs to be more cool unlockable stuff between 44 and 108.  My suggestion is to rework the perks system to become things you earn at different levels.  I've seen several other good ideas on this forum having to do with this as well.

Yeah I'm the same I work ,spend time with family and for the most part spend the rest of my time playing f13. Well a little less now that the Houston rockets are in the western conference finals. I have to support my local team ? .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest worry is that you have to constantly reconfigure your kills every time you change your weapon...BECAUSE it doesn't save the loadout.

That will get old FAST. It may be only 4 clicks, but still...I hope each weapon saves the kills each time its switched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Life is not fair, you have to work for what you want.

Remember when you played games to have fun?

Good times...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Remember when you played games to have fun?

Good times...

Oh yeah, I remember how much the water temple was 

27f4f43729ea1f5af1406c50bc4b73e16004d22a

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I have a job, wife, and 2 kids.  I'm a football coach, so from August until November, I have basically zero weekday hours to play.

However, I am at level 136.  I played a lot during double XP weekend nights, and I don't really play other games.

I don't understand how someone who has been playing since release can complain that level 113 is too high.  It's supposed to be a reward, right?

Agreed 100% with this, as I said before in the thread, I play on both PS4 and PC. When I encounter some host quitting BS, I just switch to the PC version.

Therefore, I barely play the PS4 version and am still at a higher level there than some of the so called day 1 players who claim they're not at 113.

Methinks folks just want the easy route.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alkavian said:

I'm rather surprised this chatter is still continuing. I think everyone has made their view point pretty clear. It is a divisive subject, but beyond that not too many folk's minds are going to be changed. Is there nothing else worth chatting about?

I agree. Both sides, have expressed how they feel...nothing has changed. 113. It is what it is. 197.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alkavian said:

I'm rather surprised this chatter is still continuing. I think everyone has made their view point pretty clear. It is a divisive subject, but beyond that not too many folk's minds are going to be changed. Is there nothing else worth chatting about?

Bro, do you even Internet?

All I know is, I LOVE kicking a nest full of hornets.  The aquanet and Zippo combo make it VERY interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Bro, do you even Internet?

All I know is, I LOVE kicking a nest full of hornets.  The aquanet and Zippo combo make it VERY interesting.

I'm generally not a practitioner of trench warfare. I prefer to knock down the 50m target and move on to others. A hostile stalemate with "no man's land" in between seems so early 1900's. ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Witcher 3 is a RPG..  But it sure as hell doesn't take 500+ Hours to hit max level in Witcher 3.  I've played through Witcher 3 twice...and hit max level.

Besides.. if you start at max level in Witcher you would be one shotting all enemies   Theres a purpose to levels in RPGS.  Its not just there for the sake of grinding.

What do you consider an RPG? What defines an RPG? In the basic sense this could be considered one. You are taking the basic role in a narrative and playing it out. Heck some people change how they play by what counselor they use (anyone hate/love Chads?).

Jason is the Dragon

Counselors are the warriors (classes with different abilities).

Crystal Lake is the dungeon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

(anyone hate/love Chads?).

tenor.gif?itemid=9619310

I am the King of the Chads!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9619310

I am the King of the Chads!

See picking your role like in an RPG.

Now as far as leveling goes I'm around level 130. I've put in a little over 450 hours. I would say half of that time was during the dark days of it db crashing every three games, and lagging out every two to three games. That also doesn't factor in that in the early days it would sometimes take my group 20 min to ready up (for a match that would db crash or lag).

So it isn't that hard unless you don't play objectives or don't play as Jason.

If you are tired of rage quitters play private and encourage people to ready up quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

What do you consider an RPG? What defines an RPG? In the basic sense this could be considered one. You are taking the basic role in a narrative and playing it out. Heck some people change how they play by what counselor they use (anyone hate/love Chads?).

Jason is the Dragon

Counselors are the warriors (classes with different abilities).

Crystal Lake is the dungeon.

 

I agree with you 100% but you are just baiting him with another 24 pages of :

this is not a RPG !”

“you have to understand I don’t like level up unlocking in games.” 

“It doesn’t makes sense to me.”

” Would rather pay for new content and have it instantly.”

just warning you now.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...