Manny1985

Poll: Level 113 weapon swapping. Too high a level, or fair to players?

Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?

• Yes, here are some alternatives:
    • No, people should be able to reach 113 without much difficulty.

27 minutes ago, BenWallace.3.Pistons said:

Lvl 113 set in stone. Good. More playing and less quiting.

Yep i'm very glad they stuck to their guns, pun intended lol. It gives a reward for all the die hards that put that work into the game and gives the casual gamers and newbies something to look forward to!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Yep i'm very glad they stuck to their guns, pun intended lol. It gives a reward for all the die hards that put that work into the game and gives the casual gamers and newbies something to look forward to!

I agree with you. 

I don't think it will, @JasonVsWindows

While I think level 113 is a bit high for Weapon Swapping, I'm also glad they aren't changing it. It should stay the way they announced it, if just to build back community trust in their announcement.

My personal issue with the unlock at level 113 isn't that it takes to long to get to, or that it's too high a level for Weapon Swapping, it's that there's not a lot to unlock from levels 44 to 100.

It's not that big an issue, but I feel like they should add some unlockable content (besides clothing recolors) in that range at some point.

I think the weapon swap was the future additional content they were referring to in the level cap raise. So it makes sense for the level to be over 100.

2AB1CAB5-C1A8-4497-8FCA-7020654730CA.jpeg

9 hours ago, IronKnight55 said:

They have decided not to change the unlock level. Very happy! 

.lvl 113 is too high.   And you being happy about it is pretty funny.   You're happy people can't use weapons swaps?  Yaaay You.

After messing with a few friend in private matches for a bit.  We figured out how to get unlimited drown kills by getting the counselor suck between the dock and the boat (With Help from Jason) Which allows Jason to keep pressing the kill prompt, but it never kills the counselors.   Yet Jason still gets credit for the kill.

Basically getting credit for over a 60 kills per minute.  Im now level 125 .  One of them went from lvl 20 to level 120 in a hour..  :D

For those wondering how to do this.. I'll post the video of it after the weapon swap is released.  Just to make sure its no fixed prior to the update.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

For those wondering how to do this.. I'll post the video of it after the weapon swap is released.  Just to make sure its no fixed prior to the update.  

Do not show people how to do exploits.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

.lvl 113 is too high.   And you being happy about is pretty funny.   You're happy people can't use weapons swaps?  Yaaay You.

After messing with a few friend in private matches for a bit.  We figured out how to get unlimited drown kills by getting the counselor suck between the dock and the boat (With Help from Jason) Which allows Jason to keep pressing the kill prompt but.but. it never kills the counselors.   But Jason still gets credit for the kill.

Basically getting credit for over a 60 kills per minute.  Im now level 125 .  One of them went from lvl 20 to level 120 in a hour..  :D

I call BULLSHIT!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Truth said:

I call BULLSHIT!!!

I get what he is saying though. When over 50% of people are against a decision they made preventing them from doing something, someone will find a hack to get it done and everyone will get to do it anyways...

35 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

.-snip

please delete this post or edit it in some way and repost it when you upload the video. otherwise theyll patch this shit when they see it now. i only know a similar glitch where u get 2 kills on jarvis house by doing an environmental kill on a clotheshanger in one of the lower cabins but it only works once. figure they havent fixed any major bugs for months now and it should still work if anyone needs to grind rn

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I get what he is saying though. When over 50% of people are against a decision they made preventing them from doing something, someone will find a hack to get it done and everyone will get to do it anyways...

Well if that's what he truly believes, then why has he been bitching about this for 2 weeks? lol

I wouldn't want to do it like that, but I understand. I'm just hoping leveling will be more fun after the update. If it's any good, things will be better.

7 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

No one under 3-400 hours of play time will be able to use the weapons. I call that quite a bit more than "work". There is nothing casual about it. The only ones using the weapon-swaps will be the hardcorest of the fan base. I'm definitely not going to be pushing towards it. It took me a year of playing regularly to get to level 66 with 170ish hours of playtime lol. 

This is a desperate attempt to keep people locked into playing their game and nothing else. No thank you. 

• Like 2

Just now, Truth said:

Well if that's what he truly believes, then why has he been bitching about this for 2 weeks? lol

I wouldn't want to do it like that, but I understand. 

I actually posted about this a while ago.  It happened to me by mistake. 

I just never cared about leveling enough to figure out how it was done, till last night.   

But times have changed...  Desperate times and all.. :D

Also.. to me leveling doesn't make sense in non RPGS.  So you also have to understand i don't care how its done.  Besides, this makes up for all the XP that was robbed from me in the 1st place.  

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I actually posted about this a while ago.  It happened to me by mistake. 

I just never cared about leveling enough to figure out how it was done, till last night.   

But times have changed...  Desperate times and all.. :D

Also.. to me leveling doesn't make sense in non RPGS.  So you also have to understand i don't care how its done.  Besides, this makes up for all the XP that was robbed from me in the 1st place.  

Still calling bullshit...

But if you're telling the @Truth, then I guess that works out pretty well for you lol

Still want to see a video though.

On 5/15/2018 at 7:58 PM, dmack621 said:

Kane Hodder didn't ruin part 7-10, shitty writing did. Kane did an excellent job as Jason. Gave him character even with a non-speaking role. Writers who wanted Jason vs Carrie, NY toxic sludge Jason demises, weird fanboy Evil Dead shout-outs mixed with tremors worms invading pussies and Star Trek the 13th are what ruined the later movies.

I only recently saw Jason X myself and honestly, the only person or character that played their part straight was Jason. Everyone else was a parody of themselves in some manner and even Jason didn't know what the hell was going on.

But yeah, Starting at part 6, the movies went on a different styling and Jason's performance was stellar in all of them, even if the writing around the rest of the film was "the fuck?" at best.

But back to the weapon swapping:

I said this before and I'll say it again, as it stands, the last level you get something in regards to Jason is level 44. You don't get anything else for Jason until level 108.

That is 64 levels where nothing happens for Jason.

Weapon swap would be apt for level 76 or level 85 (7+6=13 and 8+5=13) and gives SOMETHING for a player to strive for before reaching the original Level cap.

9 minutes ago, Truth said:

Still calling bullshit...

But if you're telling the @Truth, then I guess that works out pretty well for you lol

Still want to see a video though.

i think i understand fully what hes talking about. ill try it when im home with a friend if hes online and will likely report back if it works. i dont doubt it at all, this game is buggier than you think. a lot of normal environmental kills even window ones often bug out without trying and give extra kill points. if this one works ill tell here but cant record cause potato pc

1 minute ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

i think i understand fully what hes talking about.

So do I, I just haven't seen or tried it myself. Didn't even think about it until I saw his post lol

i can definitely remember having a similar bug happen around the boat when i was playing and i spammed e and got an extra kill while the counselor stayed alive. it cant teleport you over to trigger the death but it already gives you the points as far as i know. i didnt try it several times in a row cause i didnt wanna exploit and level unfairly but since its harsher times now ill have to try and see if it still works. not 100% sure if they patched it yet but i also dont really see why he would lie about it anyway.

I know I'm late to the party on this topic but I had to make an account for this. I've been trying to level up to 113 and it has been a bet frustrating experience. When I stopped playing in December,I was level 25. I recently started playing four weeks ago playing about 2-3 on average sometimes 4 hours a day.

I have JUST reached level 31 after numerous hours. I've done offline mode with environment kills, killing power and trapping counselors. I've done online matches and 70% of the time the host quits and I don't get any XP.

I know some of y'all will tell me that's it's easy and I should suck it up because you're 150. It's tedious trying to grind and seeing the same kills over and over.

I don't like playing online becaise it's very difficult for me to keep up because I'm deaf and visually impaired. Offline is the mode I use the most. With all this grinding, the game has become a chore and a repetitive form of insanity.

113 is too damn high for someone like me. I got other games to play, a job, a wife, movies and tv shows to watch.

I'm hyped for the single player challenges but it won't be enough at all. I wished they would have lowered it but they chose to stick to their guns. I've tried tweeting at them hoping for an answer why 113? It's difficult to get their when you're deaf and voice communication is a damn roadblock or when your vision is poor and it's hard to keep up where Jason/the counselors are at all time.

8 hours ago, BenWallace.3.Pistons said:

Lvl 113 set in stone. Good. More playing and less quiting.

We don't always agree on things around here, but I completely agree with you on this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

.lvl 113 is too high.   And you being happy about it is pretty funny.   You're happy people can't use weapons swaps?  Yaaay You.

After messing with a few friend in private matches for a bit.  We figured out how to get unlimited drown kills by getting the counselor suck between the dock and the boat (With Help from Jason) Which allows Jason to keep pressing the kill prompt, but it never kills the counselors.   Yet Jason still gets credit for the kill.

Maybe everthing should be unlocked at the beginning then. Especially part 4 Jason. According to people on here, it takes a year to get to level 44. Its just not fair on these new players. :rolleyes:

• Like 1