Manny1985

Poll: Level 113 weapon swapping. Too high a level, or fair to players?

Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?

• Yes, here are some alternatives:
    • No, people should be able to reach 113 without much difficulty.

Just now, Mawlock said:

Exactly. Jason just uses whatever he happens to find. This would be 1000% better than weapon swapping, and more movie accurate.

Yeah but it is what it is so I'm not mad. Just gonna have to grind the bots. 

The thing that's a bit funny about this is that in order for a player to have access to all of the available kills (sans Savini) they have only to reach level 44. That's it. Who here is at least level 44?

Congratulations, every single kill is available to you.

Every grab kill, every environmental kill, every weapon based kill. Over 70 ways to kill all at your disposal and all for the low low price of level 44. Are you missing the Part 4 & 7 dlc? Buy it like everyone else.

The ability to swap weapons being pushed back much farther is because they're most likely trying to get people to keep playing. They're trying to extend the life of the game. Hell this might even provide incentive to get a lot of players to think twice before quitting. It's a carrot that every player wants a bite of.

*Of course when it was announced Part 4 would unlock at level 44 there was immediate bitching about that being unfair and too high.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

The thing that's a bit funny about this is that in order for a player to have access to all of the available kills (sans Savini) they have only to reach level 44. That's it. Who here is at least level 44?

Every grab kill, every environmental kill, every weapon based kill. Over 70 ways to kill all at your disposal and all for the low low price of level 44. Are you missing the Part 4 & 7 dlc? Buy it like everyone else.

The ability to swap weapons being pushed back much farther is because they're most likely trying to get people to keep playing. They're trying to extend the life of the game. Hell this might even provide incentive to get a lot of players to think twice before quitting. It's a carrot that every player wants a bite of.

*Of course when it was announced Part 4 would unlock at level 44 there was immediate bitching about that being unfair and too high.

I agree. I understand not being close to that level and being a bit disappointed but once the update hits, we have SP Challenges, improved offline bots, Victoria, Jason P7 buff, new emotes etc. There is so much new content that people will be playing so much, they won't even realize they hit 113 so fast. Not to mention any double xp events they stick in there. And you know they will. That combined with the fact that SP Challenges gives you xp, it won't take long to hit 113.

16 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Nope. We have a few kills unlocked past level 100. But I get your point.

16 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

You got that right.

17 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

That too.

This community is never happy... Why can't we just be happy that we're getting the feature in the first place? They didn't HAVE TO do this...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Nope. We have a few kills unlocked past level 100. But I get your point.

Isn't one kill 120? 

6 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Isn't one kill 120? 

108, 118, and 125. Forgot those 3 unlocked over 100. 

That only leaves players everything else.

1 minute ago, DasMurich said:

Yeah those kills are high level and I'm not complaining. I'm still level 86. this just give people something to work towards.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Well, you're wrong.  SInce 3 kills are locked behind level 100.

14 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

The ability to swap weapons being pushed back much farther is because they're most likely trying to get people to keep playing. They're trying to extend the life of the game. Hell this might even provide incentive to get a lot of players to think twice before quitting. It's a carrot that every player wants a bite of

You have this mentality of "Keeping things gated means players will play longer"

Well, you're forgetting many people would rather just use the content now instead of waiting.  Its not a carrot to players like me..  And to some its a carrot they will never get a bite of.

Its like a girl telling me i can't have sex with her till AFTER marriage...  Id be baffled by this...Why would i want to wait till after we get married if i could be bangin' that ass the whole time?  So now i gotta sit here and wait?  As if that ass is gonna be any better 'later' instead of 'now' just because i waited?  

And then you gotta consider most people will probably never get over lvl 100.  So these poor souls are gonna die a virgin..   At least... let them pay for some ass.  And sell it a s DLC.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Yeah they really did a horrible job spreading out the unlocks... There's no denying that. This is just ONE THING to help fill in some gaps. I'm sure there will be more eventually.

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

this just give people something to work towards.

That's the whole point. I never understood why they didn't level lock Roy or the newer counselors. It's just a waste... Those would've been PERFECT to fill some gaps.

@HuDawg I hate to remind you, but you sure could use a bowl right about now lol

1 minute ago, Truth said:

That's the whole point. I never understood why they didn't level lock Roy or the newer counselors. It's just a waste... Those would've been PERFECT to fill some gaps.

I agree this could have been something people could have worked for. 

With one thing unlocking with each increase in level the lowest available slot is 105 anyways.

Eh, this isn't enough to make me want to suffer through the dc's and terrible people to be called a "carrot on a stick." And offline bots would be like playing an RPG and fighting the exact same enemy over and over...it's grinding and that is grating. 

The SP challenges will be a breeze to get through(and likely take two hours at the most), emotes are emotes, new counselors don't mean people will not be terrible...give me a reliable connection and viable reporting system, then I will play the game. 

They are asking 100+ hours of disconnects, verbal abuse, or killing bots jumping through the same window over and over for what is essentially cosmetics for Jason. It is a feature that should have been in the base game anyway. Could have lived without some counselor clothes that don't match anything to have this feature. 

• Like 2

IT'S TOTALLY FAIR play the damn game don't expect everything to be handed to you besides this is a reason for players to play more something to work for towards, once you have earned it all the game can become quite stale so this keeps the game going quite well.

Iv'e  been playing since day one but have a life outside of this game. That being said I play about 3 times a week because of work and parental responsibilities and I'm at level 70 so I think it's a bit high but whatever. It is what it is !

15 minutes ago, pilospc said:

IT'S TOTALLY FAIR play the damn game don't expect everything to be handed to you besides this is a reason for players to play more something to work for towards, once you have earned it all the game can become quite stale so this keeps the game going quite well.

I wonder if people like you would be totally confused with a game like Left 4 Dead.     Because that game has nothing to WORK  for and is just played for fun.

I don't get it dude....  Why would people want to work.. for something in a game?.   

And people need to stop saying "DONT EXPECT EVERYTHING TO BE HANDED TO YOU"  ....  When talking about weapons swap.    Because if players could actually pick what weapon they want to use.. Thats the exact opposite of having things handed to you.   Because that Jason player would be helping himself to what ever weapon he wanted.

Just now, HuDawg said:

Left 4 Dead.     Game has nothing to WORK  for and is just played for fun.

False, you work together (or be a dick and run for it and leave everyone else to die) to get to the other side of the map, along the way you get items to fill up a car in a mall or getting some coke to man to blow up the truck and clear the way. You are working towards something, the next map. 

52 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yeah those kills are high level and I'm not complaining. I'm still level 86. this just give people something to work towards.

Great attitude. Everybody should feel this way. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Great attitude. Everybody should feel this way. :)

I can see why people are angry, if your on PS4 or Xbox you have to deal with trolls and hosts leaving. The work around is do bots, make a game out of it. Who could you kill first, make some fun moments with the bots. Until the hosts are fixed then the bots are the way to go.

9 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I can see why people are angry, if your on PS4 or Xbox you have to deal with trolls and hosts leaving. The work around is do bots, make a game out of it. Who could you kill first, make some fun moments with the bots. Until the hosts are fixed then the bots are the way to go.

I can see why they’re angry. I empathize to an extent because I was there with them at one point. But that said, I still made it to 150 and they will to in roughly the same amount of game play time if they don’t make a habit out of quitting. I didn’t get weapon swapping at 113. They will. Instead of bitching they should feel grateful. Of course I know fell well they won’t because Entitlement. 

11 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Exactly. With my limited time to play, due to work and other things, offline was the way to go for me. I didn’t want to do that. I liked playing qp. Yet after playing 6-7 matches a night and maybe getting xp from 2 matches...I wasted my night. It got old quick. Offline can get boring, trust me. Yet it’s guaranteed xp for now. 

2 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I can see why they’re angry. I empathize to an extent because I was there with them at one point. But that said, I still made it to 150 and they will to in roughly the same amount of game play time if they don’t make a habit out of quitting. I didn’t get weapon swapping at 113. They will. Instead of bitching they should feel grateful. Of course I know fell well they won’t because Entitlement. 

Plus there will be a new mode where players can just farm xp killing bots in a story like mode lol

1 minute ago, Brian76 said:

Exactly. With my limited time to play, due to work and other things, offline was the way to go for me. I didn’t want to do that. I liked playing qp. Yet after playing 6-7 matches a night and maybe getting xp from 2 matches...I wasted my night. It got old quick. Offline can get boring, trust me. Yet it’s guaranteed xp for now. 

Make a game out of it. See how many you can kill in a fireplace or who can you drown or whatever, make a game out of it. That's why I've been trying to do. 

9 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Make a game out of it. See how many you can kill in a fireplace or who can you drown or whatever, make a game out of it. That's why I've been trying to do. 

Wow man! We seem to be on the same page. I’ve been changing it up lately. It makes it less boring. The bots are mindless at times. Lol. 

It's a good way to keep players interested and motivated to get to that level (yes people will still play to reach it weather you agree with it or not). When i first played i only wanted to play as Part 2 Jason, so i kept playing until i unlocked him, and then i stopped for a while (obviously levels are different but it still motivates you to keep playing). I wanted those new kills when i stopped playing the game for 5 months and i was at level 78. But it motivated me to keep playing to reach what i wanted. I wonder what the reaction would be if Jason X was a level 150 unlock. 

1 minute ago, Brian76 said:

Wow man! We seem to be on the same page. I’ve been changing it up lately. It makes it less boring. The bots are mindless at times. Lol. 

It's what players need to do. If your gonna grind find ways to make it fun. Blast some music, have a movie on, trash talk the bots lol 

• Like 1