Jump to content
Manny1985

Poll: Level 113 weapon swapping. Too high a level, or fair to players?

Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?  

211 members have voted

  1. 1. Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?

    • Yes, here are some alternatives:
      105
    • No, people should be able to reach 113 without much difficulty.
      105


Recommended Posts

I've been following the twitter posting, and it seems some people are upset about level 113 being the required level for weapon swapping. Thoughts? Is 113 to high, or is it time to grind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone over 113 will tell you time to grind., because they’ve already put the time in.

Anyone under  113 will tell you it’s unfair.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I've been following the twitter posting, and it seems some people are upset about level 113 being the required level for weapon swapping. Thoughts? Is 113 to high, or is it time to grind?

Not necessarily. I am in the 140's (can't remember which one exactly), and I think it's a little high. I think it should unlock after the last jason is unlocked.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i actually think its fair the game has been out ages and ive been playing since day one although i do see why people who are busy and only have a little time to play are fustrated with it then again adleast it wasnt a lvl 150 unlock

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Anyone over 113 will tell you time to grind., because they’ve already put the time in.

Anyone under  113 will tell you it’s unfair.

^This is BS

This entire topic is filled with players over level 113 (Some maxed out) saying the exact opposite of what you just claimed.  

 

And the people under lvl 113 are under level 113 because of NO dedicated SERVERS ON CONSOLE. 

Not that levels should matter anyways when it comes to weapon swaps.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well , It could really be atleast 90. Well , I am above that on PS4.....but not on PC.... I haven´t even started playing on PC.

I think the People , who deserve it , should get it....but that´s a tad too high. I have actually no Problem with the Level.

It´s probably changing Things up a bit , likely the machete and +Destruction and they thought it´s a Little bit unbalanced to give it the People who just start and don´t earn that or some shit like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's high.  Would have made more sense to do it like this.  If you have "x" Jason unlocked you can swap weapon with any other Jason you have unlocked.  Level 44 would give you all options.  

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

And the people under lvl 113 are under level 113 because of NO dedicated SERVERS ON CONSOLE.  

Not that levels should matter anyways when it comes to weapon swaps.

I often wonder how much xp I lost because of that...

Maybe they should base things off of how much time you've put in? Maybe badge progression where relevant?

Get the gold badge for Jason's weapon kills to unlock changeable weapons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maddogg_8121 said:

It's high.  Would have made more sense to do it like this.  If you have "x" Jason unlocked you can swap weapon with any other Jason you have unlocked.  Level 44 would give you all options.  

Yeah , I really thought they would do that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

^This is BS

This entire topic is filled with players over level 113 (Some maxed out) saying the exact opposite of what you just claimed.  

 

And the people under lvl 113 are under level 113 because of NO dedicated SERVERS ON CONSOLE. 

Not that levels should matter anyways when it comes to weapon swaps.

I am on console and do not play the game like it’s a second job, have had it since release day and have hit 132 dedicated servers are a must. But I also think expecting everything handed to you is BS

working for something and achieving  feels good.

But I am a goal oriented person not a “gotta have it now.” Kind of one

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Truth said:

I often wonder how much xp I lost because of that...

Well... i know for me its BAD.  Really bad.  At least 75% of the games i play ended in host quits this past year.  (With at least 2-4 games a night)

  But i never cared about levels.. So i just let the rage quits roll off.   I just played for fun.   (Ya i wanted those last few kills, but i was cool with it)

But now..  It made all those rage quits i never cared about actually mean something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Anyone over 113 will tell you time to grind., because they’ve already put the time in.

Anyone under  113 will tell you it’s unfair.

Bro, I'm level 60, and I think 113 is completely fair.

The way I look at it is like this:  the quickest way to level is to play as Jason.  There's more potential XP per match as Jason as opposed to counselors, so gaining Weapon Swap should be the equivalent to earning an endgame goal.

If people want to cheese the game with Chad or Vanessa, there should be a longer road to progress to 113 and unlocking weapon swap for Jason.  That's how it is now, and I'm okay with that.  Otherwise, what's the point to having Weapon Swap unlock earlier?  Folks could gravy train as counselors or play offline bots to their hearts' content, and then after a few weeks be running with the ultimate reward: a fully customizable Jason (more or less), that can have the best loadout cherry picked and married to the best weapon.

No thanks.  The last thing we need is players unskilled and uneducated in the finer points of the game running around with OP Jason loadouts.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Manny1985

You NEED to change this:

" Could care less "

(This is exactly what I was talking about @kitcat)

@HuDawg What level are you at? I only cared about level because my buddy tries to beat me in every game we play. He showed me F13, so I REFUSE to let him have it. I'm at 150, he might be at 100 now (I won).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said it many times in other threads, but I'll say it again.

The best way to implement this feature, that makes everyone happy, is to have weapon swapping unlocked from the get go.

Wait! I hear the mobs already.

Unlock weapon swapping from the get go but you're only allowed to swap weapons for Jasons you have already unlocked.

For example, you can't use part 3 with a pig splitter until you unlock part 4 Jason at level 44.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I've said it many times in other threads, but I'll say it again.

The best way to implement this feature, that makes everyone happy, is to have weapon swapping unlocked from the get go.

Wait! I hear the mobs already.

Unlock weapon swapping from the get go but you're only allowed to swap weapons for Jasons you have already unlocked.

For example,you can't use part 3 with a pig splitter until you unlock part 4 Jason at level 44.

In my opinion, that seems most logical. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its too high imo.

I'm already past lvl 113 so. This doesn't effect me at all, but. Just like @Maddogg_8121 said. It should've been set out where if you... Unlock part 9 for example, you would also unlock the double bit axe to swap with other Jasons.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lHeartBreakerl I agree, that would've been a smart way to do it. I still don't think it would be the RIGHT way to do it. We need some REAL rewards for getting to these higher levels. 113 MIGHT be too high, but having it too low would be worse. We already lack any sort of progression here, some rewards for being so dedicated to this game are necessary.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I am on console and do not play the game like it’s a second job, have had it since release day and have hit 132 dedicated servers are a must. But I also think expecting everything handed to you is BS

working for something and achieving  feels good.

But I am a goal oriented person not a “gotta have it now.” Kind of one

 

Heres how it is.  Spread across the board for console players..with a gracious 50% of host quitting.

LVL 113 - 50% of robbed EXP due to host quits =  56.5       So basically stuck at lvl 56

 

Playing video games isn't WORK!.  But if it was,. im pretty sure not getting paid for HALF the work you do would make someone pretty angry.

Not that it should matter.. Its not like weapon swap needs to be level locked so high anyways.   

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too high, and yes I'm maxed out. Went through all the crashes, hosts quitting, trolling, team killing, etc. 113 is not so bad, at least it's not 150. This is an awesome feature, even if I just bought the game I would be ok with 113. But, honestly they NEED to do something with the color change clothing levels. Not much to work for there, if they would add some stuff in it would make that grind more fulfilling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started playing on PS4 in December. I've only ever played QP, and a few rounds against the bots. I've been level 150 for a month and a half. 113 isn't that hard to get to.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bah, this whole thread is like watching a delayed gratification experiment play itself out. 113 levels is reasonable; it means these players have put their time into the game, and now get their chance to have Jason wield his signature machete whenever they feel like it (because let's be honest here, the majority of people aren't going to swap weapons, they're just going to choose the machete).

If you want something, you work for it, plain and simple. Take advantage of the double XP/CP events, and with enough time you'll eventually see this level.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda regret that I voted : yes , it´s too high.

Hey what about the Idea of Level-locking dedicated Servers?

Just think that there is one more on no and one less on yes.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Jason should have the ability to change weapons on the fly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Level 63 and I do not have a problem with the unlock being level 113. I have played many MMOs that have level locks on things that people think should be readily available at lower levels. My whole thinking is that it gives you something to aspire for. I will get there when I get there. 

Can't wait to see what happens when Uber Jason is announced as a level 150 unlock - heads will explode!!! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×