Jump to content
Manny1985

Poll: Level 113 weapon swapping. Too high a level, or fair to players?

Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?  

266 members have voted

  1. 1. Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?

    • Yes, here are some alternatives:
      140
    • No, people should be able to reach 113 without much difficulty.
      126


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Brigadius said:

If the solution is mindless unenjoyable grinding than the game design is wrong. 

Which brings me back to my strongest criticism of the game: lack of additional QP modes.  The playlists need additonal rule variants to maintain some sense of fun and originality.  Not everyone has a curated list of players they can fall back on for coordinated match types--but there defintely needs to be some special playlists, at least on the weekends, similar to what Halo used to do back in the day, i.e. limited time rules modifiers (no health sprays, grab kills only, no escape mode (Jason must be killed to win)).  There's a lot of options that could give the game the shot in the arm it desperately needs right now.  Updating the graphics engine is all well and good, but it's like throwing a nice coat of paint on a car that has an underpowered motor in it--all flash, no substance (or the Bizarro Millenium Falcon).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, it's a bit too high. Ranking up can be such a chore in this game as it is, and to have to grind away to 113 is just too much I think. Also, not everyone has time to sit around playing the game 24/7. Some people have a life, or a job, etc. I mean, I've been playing the game since it released on May 26th last year, and I just hit level 85 the other day. Does that tell you anything? Sure, i haven't played the game every single day, but I've played it often enough that you'd think my rank would be higher, and certainly closer to 150 than that. And just think what a nightmare this is going to be for someone who just bought the game, and are at level 1, or even more recent players who are maybe around level 10. That's nearly 100 levels to grind through. Double XP events certainly help though. And you'd think that just simply having the ability to swap your weapon would be something available to all players, regardless of their rank. But, if it must be earned, then it should certainly not be higher than level 100, just my 2 cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dandop1984 said:

I’m on Ps4, and I hit level 101 back in August. I understand not everyone has time for games, but neither did I. When the game came out I was working 6 days a week on a set, I’ve dealt with constant crashes and rage quitters just like everyone else. 

I know some people just can’t find the time. I also took a long break during Christmas and only recently got back into it and maxed out another 40 levels in less than a month.

With bots and new single player challenges it should be easier than ever to hit lev 113

 

Some people don't want to grind the bots. I'm level 86 been playing since day one. So many people leaving and so many crashes that it kept me from reaching a high level. However I've gained a few levels by making a game out of the bots. how many can I kill in a fireplace, how many can I drown in the lake. Things like that to spice it up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Either that or they plan on charging for different weapons.

Then they have a lousy business plan. They would be selling weapons that you couldn't use unless you were at 113.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

From the look at the poll, I think you were right.. pretty much 50/50.

Just calling it like it is out here in the trenches!

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

all flash, no substance

Here we like to use the saying, "all fluff, no muff" in honor of the "Immortal Muffin the Reggie Slayer".

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

 

I hadn't read both of your posts earlier, but this is exactly how I think it should be implemented. You both get likes.

I dont care that I got to max level a while ago. I dont feel other people should have a long, boring grind in order to unlock this feature. 

As you unlock Jasons, you should be able to unlock their weapons.

I am not saying it isnt fair to make people have to put in the work for it, but I am saying level 113 seems like a ridiculous level for it. What cool things do we unlock between level 44-113? They are only going to have a couple more Jasons added and that is quite the gap. 

Agreed.   I've also been 150 for a long time now, but do not feel like I'm some elitist who is owed some super special cool kids club like some others.  Instead, what I'd prefer is a growing player base instead of someone who jumps on and goes "damn!  I have to level all the way up there to get this?  Well, there is another match I didn't get any points from because the host quit".  But, that's just me.  I don't get the whole "I've been playing since launch, I'm better than you" mentality.  There has to be some incentive to even buy this game in the first place and the reviews on it are not gonna help with that.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I've been playing since launch, I'm better than you

I can't say I've seen any of that here... Do I have to reread 8 pages...?

Edit: I haven't looked at the announcement thread... I'll check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Truth said:

I can't say I've seen any of that here... Do I have to reread 8 pages...?

Edit: I haven't looked at the announcement thread... I'll check it out.

It's been like that here for a long time.  Just look at any thread a "noob" starts.  There is a few condescending jerkoffs around here.  Anyway, that's best left for another topic or pm.  No need to derail the thread over it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I've said it many times in other threads, but I'll say it again.

The best way to implement this feature, that makes everyone happy, is to have weapon swapping unlocked from the get go.

Wait! I hear the mobs already.

Unlock weapon swapping from the get go but you're only allowed to swap weapons for Jasons you have already unlocked.

For example, you can't use part 3 with a pig splitter until you unlock part 4 Jason at level 44.

This would definitely be the best way to fix the unlock requirements for weapon swapping. Reaching 113, especially with the lack of dedicated servers on consoles and the fact that people have lives, is too much of a grind for something like weapon swapping. It seems like Gun is trying to keep people playing by locking cool features that should've been in the game when it launched in May behind a massive grind.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

It's been like that here for a long time.  Just look at any thread a "noob" starts.  There is a few condescending jerkoffs around here.  Anyway, that's best left for another topic or pm.  No need to derail the thread over it.  

Got to page 3 and gave up...

I don't understand why it's such a big deal though... We don't have the ability to swap weapons AT ALL right now. So those that are under 113 won't have any changes. They will however have salt mines, better bots, and new ways to gain xp. They will probably level up much faster than we did, and likely have more fun doing it. Sure, 113 is kind of high. But it's not unattainable... Anybody can get there.

Like I said before, I feel like the real problem here is that they didn't state it from the start. If we all knew when they announced the feature that we needed to be level 113 to use it, people probably would've just gotten to the grind. His comment about taking advantage of double xp weekends was buried in the thread, so nobody really knew what to expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Truth said:

Got to page 3 and gave up...

I don't understand why it's such a big deal though... We don't have the ability to swap weapons AT ALL right now. So those that are under 113 won't have any changes. They will however have salt mines, better bots, and new ways to gain xp. They will probably level up much faster than we did, and likely have more fun doing it. Sure, 113 is kind of high. But it's not unattainable... Anybody can get there.

Like I said before, I feel like the real problem here is that they didn't state it from the start. If we all knew when they announced the feature that we needed to be level 113 to use it, people probably would've just gotten to the grind. His comment about taking advantage of double xp weekends was buried in the thread, so nobody really knew what to expect.

Never said it wasn't unattainable.  Hell, I'm on a limited play schedule and managed to max out.  However, it would have made more sense to base it off which jasons you have unlocked.  It's not a good way to grow a player base when you set the bar so high in a game that realistically 60+% of the matches end early due to host quits or disconnects.  It's clear that our opinions differ and that's fine.  I look at it like this.  If I started all over, just bought this game and learned that weapon swapping was set to 113, would I want to put months and months into leveling up just to swap a weapon?  No.  I wouldn't.  I would have given up on it after two weeks of playing and only completing 4 matches or the constant teamers running the show.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

If I started all over, just bought this game and learned that weapon swapping was set to 113, would I want to put months and months into leveling up just to swap a weapon?  No.  I wouldn't.  I would have given up on it after two weeks of playing and only completing 4 matches or the constant teamers running the show.  

I guess that's my problem here. I don't see much value in it anyway. It's really just to work around the shitty hit detection for me. I wouldn't be specifically grinding for the feature. I'd just be playing the game because I enjoy it (like I did in the first place). We had no incentive to level up to 150. We did it because we had fun. Even with all the bugs/glitches/shitty people. Now there IS incentive to level up. This may not be the right reward, but at least it's something. They bloody skins are the only other incentive, and I can't even use them because I play with Jason on random.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

honestly those who are cool with spending a month of real life time into grinding for this game JUST for weapon swapping remind me a 100% of the south park episode where the kids get obese and have pimples all over their faces completely dumping their social life to spend ages on leveling their characters up just so they can kill the big powerful evil guy and then "start playing the game" 

 

this pretty much^

it wouldnt even be a problem if there was any incentive or even any FUN in grinding, but grinding in this game is, in this case, quite literally just playing this game for ice ages on end until you gain the ability to have 3 different kills with the same jason you played for the past 560 hours so you can now.... "enjoy the game"? wut

games nowadays are just way too much about "mindlessly waste your time on doing something entirely boring for 8 hours so you can unlock something thats fun for 2 hours and repeat" and thats one of the reasons this game is dying. too many people ended up grinding it hard, getting bored early on, and too many people dont care about playing the game but care about grinding so they can unlock a different color for their pants or a different jason skin that gets boring after 3 rounds because you only have the same 3 kills for your boring weapon anyway. i wish you guys focused more on fun gameplay rather than GRIND GRIND GRIND GOTTA GET DEM XP POINTZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

honestly those who are cool with spending a month of real life time into grinding for this game JUST for weapon swapping remind me a 100% of the south park episode where the kids get obese and have pimples all over their faces completely dumping their social life to spend ages on leveling their characters up just so they can kill the big powerful evil guy and then "start playing the game" 

I would agree with you if we had been grinding specifically to get weapon swapping (or any other high level unlock). I spent a month playing this game because I enjoyed the game. Not because of some bullshit unlock. Granted, I can't speak for everyone.

That was a good episode though lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

honestly those who are cool with spending a month of real life time into grinding for this game JUST for weapon swapping remind me a 100% of the south park episode where the kids get obese and have pimples all over their faces completely dumping their social life to spend ages on leveling their characters up just so they can kill the big powerful evil guy and then "start playing the game" 

 

this pretty much^

it wouldnt even be a problem if there was any incentive or even any FUN in grinding, but grinding in this game is, in this case, quite literally just playing this game for ice ages on end until you gain the ability to have 3 different kills with the same jason you played for the past 560 hours so you can now.... "enjoy the game"? wut

games nowadays are just way too much about "mindlessly waste your time on doing something entirely boring for 8 hours so you can unlock something thats fun for 2 hours and repeat" and thats one of the reasons this game is dying. too many people ended up grinding it hard, getting bored early on, and too many people dont care about playing the game but care about grinding so they can unlock a different color for their pants or a different jason skin that gets boring after 3 rounds because you only have the same 3 kills for your boring weapon anyway. i wish you guys focused more on fun gameplay rather than GRIND GRIND GRIND GOTTA GET DEM XP POINTZ

LOL nice analogy. I would even group these people with those who consider this game competitive and use phrases like "get on my level" or "I am better than everyone." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Truth said:

I would agree with you if we had been grinding specifically to get weapon swapping (or any other high level unlock). I spent a month playing this game because I enjoyed the game. Not because of some bullshit unlock. Granted, I can't speak for everyone.

That was a good episode though lol

im cool with that i was just annoyed with that one guy saying "yall are crybabies just grind the game and stop whining" not everyone has the luxury and freetime to spend so much time of their lives in grinding for such a little but trivial feature that should have been there from day one 

i personally stopped playing just so i dont get burnt out from the repetitive gameplay and feel fresh again when the patch is out. but now it turns out ill have to waste another eternity of mindless boring grinding to get the feature i waited months for.

 

thanks to the devs handling the situation well and telling us all its gonna be a huge unlock requirement from day one of the announcement so those with things to do either start grinding slowly so the game doesnt get stale after a while or just to make sure those who cant waste so much time wont get their hopes up. / sarcasm

 

oh and one more thing (sorry for the ranting yall) but what happened to just having a fun f13 slasher game? why all these requirements for all these hours to put into grinding and leveling up for trivial things that should be there for everyone? im just badly smh in disappointment to how these devs decided to manage the whole situation 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

113 is much, reduce this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

i personally stopped playing just so i dont get burnt out from the repetitive gameplay and feel fresh again when the patch is out. but now it turns out ill have to waste another eternity of mindless boring grinding to get the feature i waited months for.

I did the same. I hop on for a few games once in a while. You also have to realize that you'll probably enjoy the grind more simply because of the update. Salt mines will help with the shitty people. Single player challenges and improved bots will give you more variety. Less bullshit. Still a lot of grinding, I understand that. But it won't be as bad as it is now.

6 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

thanks to the devs handling the situation well and telling us all its gonna be a huge unlock requirement from day one of the announcement so those with things to do either start grinding slowly so the game doesnt get stale after a while or just to make sure those who cant waste so much time wont get their hopes up. / sarcasm

Shifty mentioned it 2 days after announcing the feature:

On 2/17/2018 at 8:47 AM, ShiftySamurai said:

Just noticed that I didn’t follow up with one of the bigger questions in this thread. 

Weapon Swapping is a game changer for each Jason. We are still deciding on the exact level that it should unlock at, but I would suggest that players take advantage of Double XP weekends. 

It was buried in the comments, but it was there. I've asked him before to put important stuff like that in the OP. This is exactly why lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thats still very vague though. i took advantage of 2 double xp weekends, putting as much time as i had into grinding them and only managed to get about 20 level ups with a considerable amount of time put in to the point where i didnt feel like playing the game for weeks. i expected it to be high (around level 50-80 at most) but definitely not 113. and they could have just announced that earlier, they had MONTHS to decide what level to take and just recently announced it. it all feels like a bad joke to me, like they forgot about the feature, just ran down the pre release checklist and noticed they hadnt decided the level yet. just slapped on the generic 13 on a 100 and announced it in a hurry. it feels insulting to those that waited and were pumped for it :(  and youre right, its a very important info and he didnt even care enough to put it into the main post which is what most people will read. the forum admins need to get their stuff together editing the first post cant be hard to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too long. This should be a basic feature that player get either as they unlock each Jason, or something they get after unlocking them all.


A basic feature like this shouldn't take 300+ hours to unlock.   I have the level required for this and I find this very unfair to people that don't have the kind of free time like I do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus game is not good enough to force someone to play 300+ hours to unlock anything, other then maybe a refund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, carnage4u said:

Plus game is not good enough to force someone to play 300+ hours to unlock anything, other then maybe a refund.

Here we go again...................

 

 

And don´t Forget to edit your post rather than double posting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, carnage4u said:

Plus game is not good enough to force someone to play 300+ hours to unlock anything, other then maybe a refund.

THAT would be a great incentive to keep playing! Beat the game and you get your money back! I'd buy it!

@jahzaveamanaie I agree. They seem to struggle a lot with communicating the important parts. Even when they do, they leave shit out (sometimes). I've also found some inconsistencies in their announcements (dedicated servers). One day they're "almost done", a few months later they need to do a complete engine upgrade BEFORE the can START working on them. WTF is that?
I would never blame @ShiftySamurai for that though. I feel like he just relays the information they give him as it comes. He does the best he can with the shitshow they dumped on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

im cool with that i was just annoyed with that one guy saying "yall are crybabies just grind the game and stop whining" not everyone has the luxury and freetime to spend so much time of their lives in grinding for such a little but trivial feature that should have been there from day one 

i personally stopped playing just so i dont get burnt out from the repetitive gameplay and feel fresh again when the patch is out. but now it turns out ill have to waste another eternity of mindless boring grinding to get the feature i waited months for.

 

thanks to the devs handling the situation well and telling us all its gonna be a huge unlock requirement from day one of the announcement so those with things to do either start grinding slowly so the game doesnt get stale after a while or just to make sure those who cant waste so much time wont get their hopes up. / sarcasm

 

oh and one more thing (sorry for the ranting yall) but what happened to just having a fun f13 slasher game? why all these requirements for all these hours to put into grinding and leveling up for trivial things that should be there for everyone? im just badly smh in disappointment to how these devs decided to manage the whole situation 🙄

Ideally, Jason would begin every match barefisted, and be forced to improvise, just like in the movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×