Manny1985

Poll: Level 113 weapon swapping. Too high a level, or fair to players?

Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?

• Yes, here are some alternatives:
    • No, people should be able to reach 113 without much difficulty.

I'm already long past 113, so I don't really mind either way as to whether or not it gets changed, but maybe they could have it that the last unlock for the weapon swapping is at 113, and between then you gradually unlock the weapons for use? Every 15-20 levels or something? With the last unlock being the iconic machete for use on all Jasons.

9 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Maybe the best point brought up in this thread. You can have weeks worth of hours played and with the host disconnects, connection errors, dashboarding you still may not be level 50.

That's his ONLY point... And we had to deal with the same shit he did. Fact is, we put up with it and kept playing the game. Now they chose to reward that. Why is that such a problem to everyone? This is their way of thanking us for sticking around...

I'm not saying this was the best way to do it. I'm saying it's cool that they took it as an opportunity to reward the people who played through the shit.

This poll is incredibly evenly split...

• Like 1

Personally, I think it's a bit too high. I'm plenty high enough on Steam, but it really pisses me off that I have to spend double the time I've already spent on Xbox to reach the required level there. I'd still say 113 was too high even if I wasn't higher than that on Steam. 

For that reason, I have to endure Savini Jason's shite weapon for a while longer whilst I also have to put up with no dedicated servers on consoles. It's a big feature that I was looking forward to and to be frank, it's a stupid decision to make it 113. My time with this game may be coming to an end soon.

Alternatives? Just make it 15-20 levels higher than the current highest level requirement for a Jason character, which is Part IV I think? That'd put it about 70-80, nearly half way.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Truth said:

That's his ONLY point... And we had to deal with the same shit he did. Fact is, we put up with it and kept playing the game. Now they chose to reward that. Why is that such a problem to everyone? This is their way of thanking us for sticking around...

I'm not saying this was the best way to do it. I'm saying it's cool that they took it as an opportunity to reward the people who played through the shit.

Its because I had to deal with the same shit that I have a problem forcing everyone to grind that much for this basic feature. Grinding to get the higher leveled unlocks in the game just made me feel sick of it for awhile. Playing this game like its your job is not very fun. 

Why do we even need to have a reward over others players in the first place? This isn't like the Savini Jason, this isn't some exclusive badge of honor for those who backed the game. Its just a weapon selection. Just getting it after all this time in general is reward enough for me. I don't feel any more special just because I had more free time to grind.

37 minutes ago, IronKnight55 said:

I think its completely fine. Its not that hard to level up playing offline. 

Not hard. Just painfully boring.

The bots are so insanely brain dead, it's like playing an early tech demo.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, IronKnight55 said:

I think its completely fine. Its not that hard to level up playing offline. 

If the solution is mindless unenjoyable grinding than the game design is wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Not hard. Just painfully boring.

The bots are so insanely brain dead, it's like playing an early tech demo.

Supposedly the update is going to be giving us bots that will disarm traps and utilize other various real player strategies, it might spice up the offline experience. There'll also be the new single player challenges that I'm sure will add to the pool of XP. 

It's not too much of a thrill but a ton of XP I earned was in offline mode. On a double XP weekend you can pull in about 2400 XP every 7 minutes. It pays off. 

IMO, having a level requirement of 113 for the complete weapon swapping ability is a bit odd, I was really making the assumption that it would have been tiered and unlocked a swappable weapon with each Jason or so many levels following that Jason. I've been 150 for a while now though so it's a moot point for me. 

56 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

My time with this game may be coming to an end soon.

That's a very bad sign...

41 minutes ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Grinding to get the higher leveled unlocks in the game just made me feel sick of it for awhile.

At least there's something WORTH leveling for now though. We didn't NEED a reward, but it's nice to know they're thinking of us. The fact that I played the hell out of this game for so long doesn't make me special. It just means that I enjoyed playing the game even with all the bullshit everyone had to deal with. I still had fun.

At least they didn't make it 150, right?

I would've been fine with ANY level they chose. I also like @Thatguyinktown's suggestion of 50 levels higher than the Jason unlock. But they chose 113. It's not so bad. Plus Shifty warned us that we should take advantage of double xp weekends in preparation for the feature.

On 2/17/2018 at 8:47 AM, ShiftySamurai said:

Just noticed that I didn’t follow up with one of the bigger questions in this thread. 

Weapon Swapping is a game changer for each Jason. We are still deciding on the exact level that it should unlock at, but I would suggest that players take advantage of Double XP weekends. 

4 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

No one hoped it would be so high to unlock it, unfortunately that is what we got.....can’t fight what I can’t control.

A game developer can change anything they want, anytime they feel like it.

4 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

we are in such a strange social /working /gaming /environment today where everyone expects things to be handed to them with out putting the time in to get it.

I agree..its is strange..  Because  Im not sure why anyone would think 'swapping weapons'  should be earned by putting in time.  Like games are a job, and your need to trade in hours of your life to swap a weapons.  When the reality is, games are entertainment.  And i can't think of any game that forces players to spend hours upon hours playing just to swap weapons.

Heres how i see it.  If i ran a Strip Club which customer would i want?   One that will pay for beers and table dances?... Or one that thinks they deserve free beer and free boobs, just because they sat at table longer than most.   Because i know exactly which one i would throw out on their ass.

10 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I am level 150 and cannot understand why some of you feel you need others to level up to have an unlock that was available in beta. Is it because you "worked so hard?" Or "suffered for so many hours" that "they should too". Sound like pouting children. If you can have all Jasons unlocked by level 50, why not let them change weapons by then? Do you really want the same old Jasons and kills over and over again? A few of you guys sound like you are trying to protect something. Like people arent worthy to have it until they pass your psychological validation test.

This^ is pretty much how i see.      (Also im sort of guilty for dragging it down to a childish level too, i have too much fun arguing and its mostly my fault)

But what you posted is why other people making it sound like work just gets old quick.  Because not everyone can get enough play time and/or actually get the credit for the games they  played.     And really, its still waaaay to high.  Even the more reasonable levels like Iheart posted make sense.

It kind of turns into  "hey i suffered and worked for it' and if you disagree with that level lock TOO BAD.   And the reality is, they didn't even know weapons swap was going to be at lvl 113.  They just happened to be already be lvl 113 by chance.

Making it sound like only the people who HAVE the time to play the game as much as they want. (Or the ones that actually got the Xp credit for their games)  Should be the only ones to be able to use weapons swap.   

And a few of them are trying to protect something.   As someone already said.. "I hope its high, i don't want see Jasons with a Machetes"   

113 is fine for me. I am maxed out, but honestly I would grind again on PC or Xbox One if I had to.

My only gripe with it is the level 5 host that has yet another mismatch with outranked level 150 and host quit and really why shouldn't he?

11 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

BUT I'M SUPPOSED TO LIVE AND HAVE 7 POCKETKNIFES ON ME! WITH 100 MED SPRAYS AND UNLIMITED AMMO! 

Some people are complaining because they aren't on PC. Xbox and PS4 have one issue PC doesn't, hosts leaving and screwing you out of XP. That's why people complain about the high level cap. If this wasn't an issue on PS4 and Xbox then I would agree that the people complaining are people who leave the game when they die but I doubt all are people who leave. However I don't really have the issue with the level being 113, if they do a XP weekend just grind the bots. 

I’m on Ps4, and I hit level 101 back in August. I understand not everyone has time for games, but neither did I. When the game came out I was working 6 days a week on a set, I’ve dealt with constant crashes and rage quitters just like everyone else. 

I know some people just can’t find the time. I also took a long break during Christmas and only recently got back into it and maxed out another 40 levels in less than a month.

With bots and new single player challenges it should be easier than ever to hit lev 113

28 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Because not everyone can get enough play time and/or actually get the credit for the games they  played.

I have no problem with you thinking 113 is too high. I agree, lower probably would've been better. But you just keep saying you lost all this xp and act like you're the only one. I DID TOO. SO DID EVERYONE ELSE. You can't blame only that for you being a lower level. We ALL had the exact same experience...

@TheHansonGoons that's really the point I'm trying to make. He's acting like he's the only one that lost xp and blaming solely that for his lower level. I'm not "protecting" anything. I do however appreciate that they are giving us something worth leveling for. Fact is, they're complaining that they won't be getting RIGHT AWAY. They can still get it, and they'll have a much better time doing it after the update. I'm sure between the salt mines, better bots, and more ways to earn xp, most people will get there pretty quick anyway. It may have been in the beta, but it's something we've gone without for almost a year now. Why does everyone suddenly need it RIGHT NOW?

I'm fully aware my opinion may be biased, but I just don't see why it's such a huge deal... The main reason people want the feature is because of issues with the game itself. Maybe THAT should be looked at instead of what level they decided to lock it behind...

@HuDawg I actually just looked up my stats yesterday:

20 hours ago, Truth said:

Counselors killed: 1341

Killed by Jason: 938 (ouch...)

Doors Broken Down: 1466

Minutes Played: 39303

That's 655.05 hours

27.29 DAYS

I have a full time job, but I definitely played A LOT for a while. I'm well aware of that lol

2 hours ago, Truth said:

Dude..  How many hours a day to you play this game?

I doubt if you had a busy life..  With a few hours  to spend a week to play this game.  That you would be singing the same song.

Because you would be in the same boat as most players.  Which is probably around lvl 30-50.

Dealing with same shit is meaningless, you played for FUN.  So it comes down to TIME played..  And TIME played should NEVER be a reward, just because you have MORE time to PLAY.    

And its nothing deeper then that.  But, when you factor host quitting it becomes TIME wasted. 

Just now, Truth said:

I have no problem with you thinking 113 is too high. I agree, lower probably would've been better. But you just keep saying you lost all this xp and act like you're the only one. I DID TOO. SO DID EVERYONE ELSE. You can't blame only that for you being a lower level. We ALL had the exact same experience...

Well, the reason in not lvl 113 is due to me not getting credit due to other players quitting..   So i damn well can't blame myself.

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Well, the reason in not lvl 113 is due to me not getting credit due to other players quitting..   So i damn well can't blame myself.

Well that's ONE reason. Maybe you also just didn't play as much as you think you did? Maybe you weren't doing things that award xp?

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Well that's ONE reason. Maybe you also just didn't play as much as you think you did? Maybe you weren't doing things that award xp?

Dude..   600 hours/ 27 days?    Man, i wish i had that much time to play.  Im more around 320 hours.

Seriously.. i like you dude.    Even if we are arguing about this.  :D

Even tho im using myself as an example of not getting Xp.  For the most part im thinking more about he bulk of the player base and friends, that played around 100 hours or less and having to put up with the leveling system. issues.  

They will never be able to use weapon swap.   And not for nothing, but i want to see players swapping weapons on their Jasons.  I want to see people enjoying this game.

For example.. One of my friends.. Shes a nurse with a kid.  Barely has a few hours a week to play anything.  And she was totally let down by this.  So me being annoyed by this is pretty much coming from that view point.   Also the fact that i have to quit smoking weed for a week just to pass a Pee test for work make me irritable.

ONE MORE DAY! ...  This dawg gets moody without his bones. rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

7 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Also the fact that i have to quit smoking weed for a week just to pass a Pee test for work make me irritable.

Say no more, all is forgiven lol

I went 3 months one time and still couldn't pass (I bought some at home tests)... I bought some detox on Amazon, drank it, pissed like 5 times, and my doctor forgot to make me do it... I was mad as all hell, but at least I didn't fail, right?

I totally understand that viewpoint. Maybe the REAL problem is they didn't specify the level requirement when they made the announcement. They we're still deciding, so they should've held off. This really just got everyone's hopes up and this is the result. If they had said 113 from the beginning, at least you wouldn't have been expecting to get the feature.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Anyone over 113 will tell you time to grind., because they’ve already put the time in.

Anyone under  113 will tell you it’s unfair.

From the look at the poll, I think you were right.. pretty much 50/50.

2 hours ago, Kodiak said:

My time with this game may be coming to an end soon.

Damn, while I play less and less, hopefully we retain you as a member and moderator on these forums. Plus I am in a waiting list for that signature 😉

1 minute ago, jameson87 said:

Damn, while I play less and less, hopefully we retain you as a member and moderator on these forums. Plus I am in a waiting list for that signature 😉

Yeah. @Kodiak amd @DamonD7 is welcome at the end of my trident anytime.

I'm kind of indifferent on the level cap. I would lean towards it being fine however, as you can still use the weapons just not on the Jason that may be your preference.

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe Ill change my mind. If the weapon swap unlocks at 113, and this part is pure speculation, but if they decided to ADD weapons instead of Jasons (or as well as) then that would mean any new weapons would theoretically unlock AFTER 113. That would suck

1 minute ago, MRWood204 said:

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe Ill change my mind. If the weapon swap unlocks at 113, and this part is pure speculation, but if they decided to ADD weapons instead of Jasons (or as well as) then that would mean any new weapons would theoretically unlock AFTER 113. That would suck

Either that or they plan on charging for different weapons.

3 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

theoretically unlock AFTER 113

That's a good argument... Unlocking it at a lower level means they have more gaps they could fill with NEW weapons. That would be a good way to satisfy everyone.