Manny1985

Poll: Level 113 weapon swapping. Too high a level, or fair to players?

Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?

• Yes, here are some alternatives:
    • No, people should be able to reach 113 without much difficulty.

22 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

You want the rewards that come with the effort and time that many other players have invested

Im not getting any xp for playing games if hosts quit, despite how much i play.  Host quits = nuthin'.   

Besides, you can't really call it an effort because games are not Job.  I sit on my ass and play the damn thing.  

I am somewhat indifferent to this. Bought the game at launch, and joined the forum in June of last year. Am only lvl 44 due to moving a state away, having a child, other games, and a job that has me out of town anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks at a time. It sucks, but is what it is. Maybe after the update, I will have more time to grind, even though I am not the biggest fan of it. Because honestly, I care nothing about 90% of the unlockables in the game as is. I like the kills and Jasons. Could care less about any Sims style features, so after unlocking the kills I have left, the only thing I care about will be weapon swap. Because after that, I don't care how high they set uber, as I can't stand him personally and will never play as him. Unless other things come out that are awesome, I could give a rats ass about any grinding past 113 at this point. Not big on that kind of thing in most games anyways. But I see both sides of this argument. Just am kind of meh about it.

The level cap doesn’t bother me. I quit playing qp a long time ago. For me, getting guaranteed xp, was playing offline bots. I got tired of playing 10 matches a day and end up losing all the xp. So I switched it up. When I had time to play, I went from 74 to 105. Playing bots did get boring, yet not enough for me to abandon the game. Took a break, had a chance when double xp was up and grinded. Also, I missed one weekend...wasn’t around to play. I’ll get there soon. I miss qp...I’ll go back if dedicated servers come. Hell...I still didn’t try the virtual cabin. Lol. All in due time. 

20 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

It's excellent. I'm hoping it will delay the inevitable 99% machete saturation. It's gonna be all we see once the majority hit 113. I have a love/hate relationship with the idea of weapon swapping. I think it can definitely be fun, but it's going to ruin the unique feeling of each Jason, and make a lot of weapons completely obsolete. Why would anyone pick a slow swinging weapon when you can use the machete without losing the +Destruction strength? With it being at level 113, it's a reward for dedicated players. That's much more preferable than it being available at a low level.

Careful Big Daddy J, around these parts apparently rewarding players that have  “earned”, “worked” or have been “dedicated” to leveling up is frowned upon.

this is a tread for players, who must have all unlocks instantly.

because Gun media owes it to them duh. 🙄 

• Like 4

im currently lvl 78 i think lvl 113 for weapon swapping is high but not too high. i think lvl 100 would of been more acceptable even though the devs like sticking to the 13 theme

7 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Anyone under  113 will tell you it’s unfair.

I'm 86 and I'm slowly grinding when I can. I don't think it's unfair however I think it's odd, I would have thought after you unlock the last Jason you'll have the option to do the weapon swap. I think the reason why they put it at level 113 is because it gives you more time to play each Jason to get a feel for them and see if a Jason does need a swap when you reach 113. 

1 hour ago, dandop1984 said:

I think a lot of people on here throwing a temper tantrum about weapon swapping are the type of people that would rage quite because Jason killed them, so it’s no wonder they are not level 150 yet.

Ding ding ding! I think that you hit on some truth there. When somebody says that they never cared about XP and leveling up, what is being unsaid is they have more than likely rage quit over teamers, “cheaters”, and dying mid match far more than they admit to. He’s not mad at the game developers.  Deep down, who he is really mad at is himself. 

Just now, CountYorgaVampir said:

Ding ding ding! I think that you hit on some truth there. When somebody says that they never cared about XP and leveling up, what is being unsaid is they have more than likely rage quit over teamers, “cheaters”, and dying mid match far more than they admit to. 

I just dealt with the rage quitting and not cared.  (Because aint much i can do about it)..     Its not any deeper then that.  

@HuDawg if i may. what is your spawn preference? ive had the game since last week of feburary and im at lvl 78. it seems to me that the game rewards those who play as jason alot more and easily then those who main as counselors.

1 hour ago, dandop1984 said:

I think a lot of people on here throwing a temper tantrum about weapon swapping are the type of people that would rage quite because Jason killed them, so it’s no wonder they are not level 150 yet.

BUT I'M SUPPOSED TO LIVE AND HAVE 7 POCKETKNIFES ON ME! WITH 100 MED SPRAYS AND UNLIMITED AMMO! 

Some people are complaining because they aren't on PC. Xbox and PS4 have one issue PC doesn't, hosts leaving and screwing you out of XP. That's why people complain about the high level cap. If this wasn't an issue on PS4 and Xbox then I would agree that the people complaining are people who leave the game when they die but I doubt all are people who leave. However I don't really have the issue with the level being 113, if they do a XP weekend just grind the bots. 

• Like 1

@HuDawg

You just keep saying the same thing. You missed out on XP. SO DID I. So did everyone else. Stop acting like you're the only one. Like several others have pointed out, perhaps it's the way the you play. Maybe you should try not being a dick to people know that they can end your match. Maybe you should've played more bots. Maybe you should've made some friends and played with them. MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET THE FUCK OVER IT.

It's really not that big of a deal...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Truth said:

@HuDawg

You just keep saying the same thing. You missed out on XP. SO DID I. So did everyone else. Stop acting like you're the only one. Like several others have pointed out, perhaps it's the way the you play. Maybe you should try not being a dick to people know that they can end your match. Maybe you should've played more bots. Maybe you should've made some friends and played with them. MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET THE FUCK OVER IT.

I mean you have people who group up in a game and when you kill one of them they get all salty and leave with their friends because one of them die. If they complain the level is too damn high then they better stick around ;) 

27 minutes ago, Truth said:

@HuDawg

.Why the host quits has nothing to do with me..  So can't you dump it in my lap or anyone elses.     I mean, how am i dick in matches..?  Killing people with Jason?  I never even T bag people in this game, so i doubt how i play means anything.  It just is what it is.    

Either way..  Just because you want to act like it doesn't matter doesn't mean i have too.  I mean, you're level 150 am im not, and neither is most players..  Some of which (My friends) will never be that level.   Hell, them being shafted for xp and being so low level has them bummed, which in turn annoys me even more.

I don't have to get the F over something i don't agree with. I think the high level locks are waaay to high and pointless...  And coupled with the fact that console player have had to deal with the quitting/no severs.  Its just not cool.  

I just see no reason to even have a level lock in the 1st place.  And even if i was level 113 id still be saying the same thing.   

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Truth said:

@HuDawg

Damn straight. I’m sure I lost out on multiple level ups worth of XP over the last 8 months, but then I’m also sure that I almost nearly made up for that by grinding during the 4 or 5 double XP weekends that have occurred within that timeframe. 

(Btw, if anybody wants to level up a bit faster, there’s a perk for that if you want to give up a slot for it.)

When it comes to host quits, I don’t care so much about the loss of XP as much as I do the loss of achievement points. Example: I earned the award for 100 boat repairs at the time when I only had 79 achievement points towards that goal. So I completely understand the criticism about the game, but we are ALL in the same boat. There is nothing special about Hudawgs case here. 

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Im not getting any xp for playing games if hosts quit, despite how much i play.  Host quits = nuthin'.   

Besides, you can't really call it an effort because games are not Job.  I sit on my ass and play the damn thing.  

Maybe the best point brought up in this thread. You can have weeks worth of hours played and with the host disconnects, connection errors, dashboarding you still may not be level 50.

1 hour ago, jameson87 said:

I am somewhat indifferent to this. Bought the game at launch, and joined the forum in June of last year. Am only lvl 44 due to moving a state away, having a child, other games, and a job that has me out of town anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks at a time. It sucks, but is what it is. Maybe after the update, I will have more time to grind, even though I am not the biggest fan of it. Because honestly, I care nothing about 90% of the unlockables in the game as is. I like the kills and Jasons. Could care less about any Sims style features, so after unlocking the kills I have left, the only thing I care about will be weapon swap. Because after that, I don't care how high they set uber, as I can't stand him personally and will never play as him. Unless other things come out that are awesome, I could give a rats ass about any grinding past 113 at this point. Not big on that kind of thing in most games anyways. But I see both sides of this argument. Just am kind of meh about it.

I think this unlockable matters. I agree 110% that only Jasons and kills matter to me. Counselor dress up party is pointless to me. I want new ways to kill counselors, new Jasons, new maps,. About all that matters.

I do think this one affects the fu. Of the game. I want to see customized Jasons with different kills and weapons. 

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Careful Big Daddy J, around these parts apparently rewarding players that have  “earned”, “worked” or have been “dedicated” to leveling up is frowned upon.

this is a tread for players, who must have all unlocks instantly.

because Gun media owes it to them duh. 🙄 

That or you clearly have read other suggestions to make it more reasonable.

Obviously everyone said we were "entitled" to this. Or Gun "owes it to us", so your post is completely fair and you dont at all seem like a drama queen.

This is one of the most ignorant, flaming posts here. "Dedicated to leveling up". Hahahaha

I am level 150 and cannot understand why some of you feel you need others to level up to have an unlock that was available in beta. Is it because you "worked so hard?" Or "suffered for so many hours" that "they should too". Sound like pouting children. If you can have all Jasons unlocked by level 50, why not let them change weapons by then? Do you really want the same old Jasons and kills over and over again? A few of you guys sound like you are trying to protect something. Like people arent worthy to have it until they pass your psychological validation test.

I'm 150 on Xbox thanks to LFG system but on PlayStation I'm only 61 and console players have it bad without dedicated servers due to the host leaving. For that reason alone I think weapon swap should be 50 since the highest Jason you unlock is at 44. If it were up to me I'd say unlock it straight away and as you level up and unlock different Jason's then their weapons unlock to use as well. Let Jason be Jason, he should get to choose which weapon he wants to take out the 7 counselors (8 if Tommy is called). Counselors have no level lock for weapons, so why make a level lock for the one character who is supposed to be OP? 

Jesus if they're not gonna listen then allow people who reached 150 to link their account on a server so your level carries over to different consoles. I know some games that have done this, so it's possible. I'm not asking for perks, Pamela/Tommy tapes, badges (etc) to carry over, just your level. 

8 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Maybe the best point brought up in this thread. You can have weeks worth of hours played and with the host disconnects, connection errors, dashboarding you still may not be level 50.

This issue really isn't on PC but on consoles yes. However there is a work around, play bots. You don't have to deal with hosts quitting for awhile.  

• Like 1

there shouldn't be a need for a workaround to leveling up in the first place

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

This issue really isn't on PC but on consoles yes. However there is a work around, play bots. You don't have to deal with hosts quitting for awhile.  

Good call. I do sometimes forget I only have Xbox so I can only speak from that point of view.

1 minute ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Good call. I do sometimes forget I only have Xbox so I can only speak from that point of view.

I'm on PS4 so I know the issues, I can see why people are angry at a level that they are having a hard time reaching. I just reached level 86 last night by grinding bots instead of dealing with players online. PC is lucky because if the host leave they can still get their XP and such. I know I'm gonna still grind bots until I'm at least 113 then I'm going to take a nice long break unless the update comes out lol 

6 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I think this unlockable matters. I agree 110% that only Jasons and kills matter to me. Counselor dress up party is pointless to me. I want new ways to kill counselors, new Jasons, new maps,. About all that matters.

I do think this one affects the fu. Of the game. I want to see customized Jasons with different kills and weapons. 

That or you clearly have read other suggestions to make it more reasonable.

Obviously everyone said we were "entitled" to this. Or Gun "owes it to us", so your post is completely fair and you dont at all seem like a drama queen.

This is one of the most ignorant, flaming posts here. "Dedicated to leveling up". Hahahaha

I am level 150 and cannot understand why some of you feel you need others to level up to have an unlock that was available in beta. Is it because you "worked so hard?" Or "suffered for so many hours" that "they should too". Sound like pouting children. If you can have all Jasons unlocked by level 50, why not let them change weapons by then? Do you really want the same old Jasons and kills over and over again? A few of you guys sound like you are trying to protect something. Like people arent worthy to have it until they pass your psychological validation test.

Gun media has put out a game that requires you to play it to unlock features bloody skins/ clothing patterns/ kills etc. 

.....they have finally put in a gameplay changing feature that is worth grinding to get to that level required to unlock it. Something that should have been in the game from the beginning...however was not...... 

No one hoped it would be so high to unlock it, unfortunately that is what we got.....can’t fight what I can’t control.

if playing this game is all I have to do to unlock a feature I want..... I can control that....I also as a console player can control the host quit/ rage quit/ teamers/ lost XP out there by playing off-line for guaranteed XP some might not enjoy it but it’s what we have to do to get what we want.

Mix in on-line and Off-line and get the “job“ done.

my comment about earning, working and dedicated players is no more a drama queen statement then “ I have been cheated out of XP and Gun owes me the level I should be...” I am not going to make excuses for Gun media I wish we had dedicated servers for console but once again I can’t control that .

options are available to get passed the level cap that is upsetting players.

we are in such a strange social /working /gaming /environment today where everyone expects things to be handed to them with out putting the time in to get it.

should it be unlocked from the beginning ?Quick answer no because players have had to play Jason with his fixed weapon since release and it’s only fair that everyone do the same.

Want to use the swapping feature play the game that is the whole point.

I kinda agree with @lHeartBreakerlapproach because it's such a late feature to the game. This should have been implemented from the get-go and we know it was possible because we've seen videos of if from back before beta was even released. So gaining new weapons as you unlock the Jason's isnt a bad way to go about it. 

If the progression system was such a piss poor design they would have implemented it as unlockables as you progressed gradually. They still could but they won't because they have given up on any meaningful progression. 

Level 113 for a game changing feature is far too steep. They say they want it to be a reward for playing and of course you should earn better stuff for the time put in but that number is ridiculous. Think about how long the average person has to play the game and the amount of time it takes to go to a level. Most people will probably drop the game before they even get there because the lack of any meaningful content for the 70 level gap between last Jason and weapon unlocks. 

The progression is utter shit. It started off as solely cosmetics. Which is fine if the cosmetics were actually worth unlocking, which they are not. But, what really ruined the system, more than it was, was purchasable cosmetics that are better than the shit you have to grind for. What's the point of playing  to achieve a new piece of content if you can just buy better stuff without the effort. Then, they started adding game altering content as unlockables, but out of reach of anyone who games casually. It's like nobody working on this title has ever played a game.

Rarely do I see a game that needs to just scrap something completely and start over. But they should just do away with the progression and perk system and start anew. Some people would be pissed that their progression was lost but I would gladly reset my progression for a system that is actually rewarding in a meaningful way and keeps me wanting to play the game. 

PS 

I think they chose 113 as a gimmick. Something they assured us they wouldn't do way back before release. They said they were more committed to making the game all it could be and didn't want it to be gimmicky. Guess they changed their minds. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

It's high.  Would have made more sense to do it like this.  If you have "x" Jason unlocked you can swap weapon with any other Jason you have unlocked.  Level 44 would give you all options.  

16 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I've said it many times in other threads, but I'll say it again.

The best way to implement this feature, that makes everyone happy, is to have weapon swapping unlocked from the get go.

Wait! I hear the mobs already.

Unlock weapon swapping from the get go but you're only allowed to swap weapons for Jasons you have already unlocked.

For example, you can't use part 3 with a pig splitter until you unlock part 4 Jason at level 44.

I hadn't read both of your posts earlier, but this is exactly how I think it should be implemented. You both get likes.

I dont care that I got to max level a while ago. I dont feel other people should have a long, boring grind in order to unlock this feature. 

As you unlock Jasons, you should be able to unlock their weapons.

I am not saying it isnt fair to make people have to put in the work for it, but I am saying level 113 seems like a ridiculous level for it. What cool things do we unlock between level 44-113? They are only going to have a couple more Jasons added and that is quite the gap. 

• Like 1