Manny1985

Poll: Level 113 weapon swapping. Too high a level, or fair to players?

Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?

• Yes, here are some alternatives:
    • No, people should be able to reach 113 without much difficulty.

5 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I was exaggerating but hit detection is kinda shyte. Who cant hit someone with a 3ft axe when theyre 2ft away?

I agree, and clearly you can't lol

Yeah, it sucks. But I never really had too much trouble with it. I have more issues with clipping the walls and shit than anything else, and that's on me.

7 minutes ago, Ansi said:

but i see them market this like thing that you have from biginin and not end game goal

You do? I haven't. All I saw was them announcing it as a feature, and Shifty's response when asked about level unlock 2 days after said announcement:

On 2/17/2018 at 8:47 AM, ShiftySamurai said:

Just noticed that I didn’t follow up with one of the bigger questions in this thread. 

Weapon Swapping is a game changer for each Jason. We are still deciding on the exact level that it should unlock at, but I would suggest that players take advantage of Double XP weekends.  

@The Wolf with that Toast They're cool as fuck, but I never get to see them. They don't work if you have Jason on random...

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

I agree, and clearly you can't lol

Yeah, it sucks. But I never really had too much trouble with it. I have more issues with clipping the walls and shit than anything else, and that's on me.

You do? I haven't. All I saw was them announcing it as a feature, and Shifty's response when asked about level unlock 2 days after said announcement:

@The Wolf with that Toast They're cool as fuck, but I never get to see them. They don't work if you have Jason on random...

Man , that hurts........... ouch man , i really feel pain now actually. Hopefully it gets patched with the engine upgrade. When I see dem´ bloody Jasons , I am actually always afraid and much more concentrated. But it distracts if they have the physical Version.

17 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Of course it is inconsiderate, and I’m glad it is. I don’t believe that when developing a game they should consider player’s private lives. That would be silly. A good game should take months to complete. Why should they hand over everything to players without them actually having to earn them through gameplay? If you want this particular Jason perk, then work to unlock it. 

I would agree with you 90% of the time, but with this feature I disagree. 

1) it was readily available in beta. It shouldnt have been removed.

2) when your target audience is people that grew up with 80s slashers and older college kids, you have to recognize they have a life.basic marketing.

This isnt a feature that should be rewarded for 200 hours of gameplay. 

This is a feature that affects fun factor and can keep players playing for longer. Some people already dont care about rewards over level 100 because they know tjey wont see them. That is bogus to me. Especially for a feature that was accessible immediately in beta.

I feel like they put it there because they feel they need to fill level spots missing between 101 and 150. Other than 2 kills, not much to work towards in those levels.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Stop expecting to be given something you haven’t earned,

How man times have i said i've been SHAFTED out of XP due to host quits and no dedicated servers?

Also.. why  should anyone have to EARN aka.. Waste their  lives watching a white bar fill up due to hours played.. just to swap god damn weapons.  

Again.. i've probably played this game more then you.  So what what did i earn besides lip for your ass.

• Haha 1

hell nooo i spent over 300 hours on steam and only managed to get to level 80 i think. most people dont even play this long so youre pretty much taking a big game feature away from those people. and i remember spending an entire double xp weekend (well not entire, but i put WAY more time into playing that game than i usually do) into grinding bots and i got like 10 level ups from several hours of gameplay. like hell im gonna waste another 200 hours of my life into a game JUST to unlock a machete for pt6 jason? thats crazy. unless theres a way to unlock it with a small payment fee (like 3 bucks or so) imma say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to level 113. half of that would sound better and much fairer.

wasnt this supposed to be a slasher game? what kinda slasher is restricted to a single weapon during all of his killing sprees? thats stupid. youre fucking over a ton of fans with this 🙄

7 minutes ago, Truth said:

You do? I haven't. All I saw was them announcing it as a feature, 

Ok sorry i made a mistake. :)

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

How man times have i said i've been SHAFTED out of XP due to host quits and no dedicated servers?

To be fair, so did the rest of us console players... Obviously some got it worse than others, but I had plenty of xp loss as well.

1 minute ago, Ansi said:

Ok sorry i made a mistake. :)

To be fair, it was buried in the comments on that thread (page 12...). I've asked them before to edit important things like that into the OP, but I don't think they like doing that...

2 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

aren't you the guy that said you intentionally held on to repair parts because you wanted the matches to last longer? 

That would explain a lot...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Waste their  lives watching a white bar fill up due

I´d much rather waste my life watching a red bar fill up , so I can get those bloody Skins.

Ya'll arguing over a level unlock. I'm more concerned about never being able to use the default pitchfork seen in the trailer for the other Jasons. Perfect opportunity to stick it in there as an option. I REALLY can't imagine that would require a ton of coding.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

@HuDawg, aren't you the guy that said you intentionally held on to repair parts because you wanted the matches to last longer? 

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/15841-repairers-not-doing-their-job/?do=findComment&comment=209260

Playing like that it's no wonder you had so many people quitting. 

Holy shit. Sounds like the kind of team player I enjoy working with. Not. 

3 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

@HuDawg, aren't you the guy that said you intentionally held on to repair parts because you wanted the matches to last longer? 

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/15841-repairers-not-doing-their-job/?do=findComment&comment=209260

Playing like that it's no wonder you had so many people quitting. 

And i still do..  WHooop deee dooo.  Depends on how the match goes.   Im in no RUSH to steam roll over newbie Jason players just to watch them "QUIT" like some jerky prick.

if you actually dug deeper into what i said.. I say i try to make sure everyone has fun and enjoys themselves.     Which was my actual point

Not that it matters.   Because this topic is about some bullshit level lock on weapons swaps.

And i still do..  WHooop deee dooo.  Depends on how the match goes.   Im in no RUSH to steam roll over newbie Jason players just to watch them "QUIT" like some jerky prick.

if you actually dug deeper into what i said.. I say i try to make sure everyone has fun and enjoys themselves.     Which was my actual point

Not that it matters.   Because this topic is about some bullshit level lock on weapons swaps.

You reap what you sow dude, you play like a troll, and want to cry about how you were "shafted" out of your XP. Sorry but I've got no sympathy for you.

19 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Also.. why  should anyone have to EARN aka.. Waste their  lives watching a white bar fill up due to hours played.. just to swap god damn weapons.  

Again.. i've probably played this game more then you.  So what what did i earn besides lip for your ass.

You are not the only one to be shafted out of XP... and not having dedicated servers screws over all console players...including me and you are not a special case no matter how many times you want to say it.

Put some of this “Complain-a- saurus Rex “ energy into grinding at game, or go at your own pace.... you eventually will get to the level unlock.

According to you, you have probably put more hours into the game then me but apparently you haven’t been doing the things that reward the most XP.

And I am not talking about “cheating” at it since you believe your only out of this situation is finding a quick way to get to 113 or paying another player to let you fix generators all night.

you will have to put the TIME into playing the game you bought to PLAY the features it has.....things dont always have an easy button.

life lesson write it down.

damn Millennials.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Since I cannot predict what is going to cause a person to quit I’ve never particularly given it a second thought. Let them quit. The sooner they do, the sooner somebody that is actually good can play. As far as your behavior in a match goes, nobody gave you the authority to decide how long a game should last. Honestly, I’d quit to find another lobby on you, too. 

I'm level 92, I'm excited I have a reason to grind again. I've been playing on xbox since release. The best unlocks should take the longest to get. Switching weapons might not be a game changer but it shows I put in the work to earn my part 4 Jason with a machete.

Anyone upset with the level grind to 113 is someone just looking for a hand out. No excuses. Just remember, anything worth having is worth earning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

You reap what you sow dude, you play like a troll, and want to cry about how you were "shafted" out of your XP. Sorry but I've got no sympathy for you.

Ya totally dude.. Me holding on to keys for an extra min or two is totally trolling.      Im sure the pricks that t bag and taunt that lvl 5 Jason that only play small maps during the extra pocket knives day where extremely jealous of my trolling ways.     

As i said in that topic.. Its not trolling unless you let people know.  Your confusing me with real trolls.   Feel free to bump that topic if you want to argue about nothing.

But this topic is not about that so kindly..  Know your role and shut your mouth.

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Ya totally dude.. Me holding on to keys for an extra min or two is totally trolling.      Im sure the pricks that t bag and taunt that lvl 5 Jason that only play small maps during the extra pocket knives day where extremely jealous of my trolling ways.     

As i said in that topic.. Its not trolling unless you let people know.  Your confusing me with real trolls.   Feel free to bump that topic if you want to argue about nothing.

But this topic is not about that so kindly..  Know your role and shut your mouth.

Wow... Ive been told...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

According to you, you have probably put more hours into the game then me but apparently you haven’t been doing the things that reward the most XP.

Ya.. because its my fault that some bitch ass lobby host died and then quit. Which is basically everytime im Jason.. Infact its so rare for me to finish a damn game that im actually shocked when the hosts stay.  I actually LET hosts live for the last few months just to keep the lobby going.

Yet you wanna sit there and run your mouth about earning things.   Earned what exactly?  

Because you're lucky enough to actually collect the XP and im not. 

And this isn't just about ME.. Theres plenty of players in the same boat as my ass.

10 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

And this isn't just about ME.. Theres plenty of players in the same boat as my ass.

And those same people are arguing against you...

I had to deal with the same shit... I put up with it and made my way to 150. Sure, I played a lot (almost a full month of playtime). But I earned my rank. I did the grind. And I'm not complaining about it.

The quitting sucks. The xp loss sucks. The grind sucks. Don't want to do it? Then you won't be able to change your weapon. BIG FUCKING DEAL... You also don't get to use the heavy bloody skins, are you bitching about that? What about the high level clothing unlocks? No?

You only care because this unlock is a great feature. SO DO THE GRIND WE ALL HAD TO DO. That's the whole point...

@OCT 31 1978 I'm a millennial too, please don't group us together like that... I like to earn my shit. I know I may be in the minority, but I'm a better man for it.

• Thanks 1

It doesn't seem like an issue for people who are almost to 113. But considering the fact that there is nothing in between levels 50-99 other than clothing, if that, it's seems a bit tedious that the people who are under 50 have to grind with nothing to show for it up to 113.  If they would have like P3 and P5 weapons unlocked between 45 and 50, and do something like that up to 113 where the last weapons would be unlocked, then that would be fine. But there needs to be something in those empty levels.

FYI, Bot games give between 900 and 1200 XP per game. That's how I managed to get up to 93 without playing QP. With help of the 2x XP. It's not fun, since the bots are retards but it still a good way to grind without worrying about DCs and salt.

If anyone wants to or needs to farm XP for quicker leveling then utilize Offline Mode. 

You'll steadily gain reliable XP a lot quicker than in QP. If a double XP weekend comes along, jump on it.

It isn't going to take 200 hours of gameplay to reach 113 unless today is the very first day you played the game. 

I've personally got almost 700 hours in the game now and if have access to something that another player with only 73 hours in the game does not, sorry, put the time in. 

It's like being upset the devs aren't handing out blue ribbons for 5th place. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flyin_J said:

nothing in between levels 50-99

Same with 100-150. The only cool shit you get is bloody skins, and I can't even see them because I set Jason to random...

This just incentivizes the grind.

Ya.. because its my fault that some bitch ass lobby host died and then quit. Which is basically everytime im Jason.. Infact its so rare for me to finish a damn game that im actually shocked when hosts stay.  I actually LET hosts live for the last few months just to keep the lobby going.

Yet you wanna sit there and run your mouth about earning things.   Earned what exactly?  

Because you're lucky enough to actually collect the XP and im not. 

Simmer down killer. Luck has nothing to do with it, I am apparently just smarter than you and able to persevere through all the exact same things that happen to you on a daily basis yet still be able to figure out a way to gather all that XP gun media owes me.

The more we interact the more you seem to portray yourself as very entitled individual seemly expecting the 150 level cap handed to you just for buying the game.

The good thing is at least you have been having fun playing the game.