Jump to content
Manny1985

Poll: Level 113 weapon swapping. Too high a level, or fair to players?

Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?  

266 members have voted

  1. 1. Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?

    • Yes, here are some alternatives:
      140
    • No, people should be able to reach 113 without much difficulty.
      126


Recommended Posts

I think its unfair to people. Isn't the last Jason currently unlocked around level 44 or something? Then all the way to 113? Their rewards system is kind of goofy to me. 

I think once you unlock a Jason, that weapon should be available to every Jason. I am fine with not being able to use the weapon until you have unlocked corresponding Jason. I dont think they should have every weapon at earliest access. 

So my suggestion, weapon wheel available immediately, but as you unlock Jason characters, you unlock their weapon for the wheel as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does weapon swapping benefit jason from a gameplay perpective? Not likely. So whats the fuss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I actually think it would be fair to make Uber unlock at Max level. He's Uber Jason, after all! Seems like an appropriate reward for maxing out.

Yeah!

Quote

Does weapon swapping benefit jason from a gameplay perpective? Not likely. So whats the fuss?

Not very much. But for Savini and Part VI it´s veeery useful. Some weapons have a longer reach , some can hit through Windows and some can be swung faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I guess im indifferent to it.

Though...unpopular opinion. Uber should be unlocked somewhere between 100-150.

So far every Jason is unlockable before level 50 or unlocked automatically. If you want him to be 100 even, then go for it.

 

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

I actually think it would be fair to make Uber unlock at Max level. He's Uber Jason, after all! Seems like an appropriate reward for maxing out.

As much as I complain about high level unlocks, this one I agree with.

ain't gonna happen though. Expect a Level 0 unlock like Roy for a desperate plea in player count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OCT 31 1978 said:

“ then I can see there is no pleasing you Mr. Powers.”

 

Im sorry but im not about to go kill bots for 2 hours a night every night for months on end to be able to swap weapons.  And honestly no one should.

Heres a better... simpler idea.  FUCK LEVEL LOCKS!

See how simple that is.

 

Besides.. i probably play more then you.    Its not my fault my levels don`t reflect that.  

How about GUN removes 75% of your exp and you go kill bouts months on end.    Sounds like fun....!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

...LMFAO.

Ok dude.. I have 2 hours a night to play the game if im lucky.  If 75% of the host quit what am i supposed to do?

Quit my fuckin' job and play 8 hours a day to compensate.   

Poor excuse my hairy ass.   

All video games require time and willpower to complete. Game developers don’t owe you anything if you are unwilling or unable to set aside the time to put into it. Sorry, but that’s all on you. You’re not special with host quits, either. There are plenty of people like me that have been able to do it with the vast majority of earned xp in QP. Make friends with the decent players you run into. That helps, especially if one of you is host. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I actually think it would be fair to make Uber unlock at Max level. He's Uber Jason, after all! Seems like an appropriate reward for maxing out.

Course...if they give him trash stats...which basically boils down to a -Shift or a -Traps. That will push people away from him in terms of wanting to unlock him.

He shouldn't be Savini stat wise though.

+ Morph

+ Hit Points (though really, all Jasons need to be much tougher demasking)

+ Destruction

- Water Speed

- Stalk

- Sense

If they give him neutral Shift/Traps, that should be a good enough sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Does weapon swapping benefit jason from a gameplay perpective? Not likely. So whats the fuss?

It affects fun factor. If players can customize or play around with different combos, it will keep mpre players interested. Possibly rewarding other players to not be stuck with 6 player lobbies.

I am level 150 so it doesnt affect me at all. I would like my friends and other players to be able to use different combinations early. 

To use your own point against you, why shouldn't they simply be allowed to have it from the beginning if it doesnt affect gameplay? Level 113 for frivolous customization??

Level unlocks are a catalyst for people rubber banding controllers or hosting afk grinding experience.

1 minute ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

All video games require time and willpower to complete. Game developers don’t owe you anything if you are unwilling or unable to set aside the time to put into it. Sorry, but that’s all on you. You’re not special with host quits, either. There are plenty of people like me that have been able to do it with the vast majority of earned xp in QP. Make friends with the decent players you run into. That helps, especially if one of you is host. 

I get what you are saying but its inconsiderate of other players' lives. Not everyone can play more than a few hours a week. So it should take them a year before they are able to customoze what weapon they want to use? A long time for a silly feature. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

That isn´t very much fun....especially for him.

Well you know what is fun and good thing about Off-line bots....they never rage quit, the host doesn’t either.... and the XP is guaranteed.

and they will also be updated with the new engine upgrade making them more fun.

what isn’t fun is expecting to be given something you haven’t earned, worked for or put the time in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Does weapon swapping benefit jason from a gameplay perpective? Not likely. So whats the fuss?

Different weapon reach imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

All video games require time and willpower to complete. Game developers don’t owe you anything if you are unwilling or unable to set aside the time to put into it. Sorry, but that’s all on you. You’re not special with host quits, either. There are plenty of people like me that have been able to do it with the vast majority of earned xp in QP. Make friends with the decent players you run into. That helps, especially if one of you is host. 

I disagree with everything you said.. All of it.  

Left 4 Dead didn't require me to waste time on nothing to swap weapons.  Every game i play with weapon locks/levels only take only a few hours to unlock.  The only exception are RPGS/ARPGS which are designed to be a grind in order to equip more POWERFUL weapons.

 

I should have to MAKE friends in order to play this game.. Infact i enjoy playing more without friends because i prefer the chaos..  I like taking ONE friend into PUBLIC matches and go crazy.

Now, if i would have known about this bullshit level lock a YEAR ago..  Ya, i would have probably focused more on leveling then having fun. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personaly I dont care.

But the question is do you want to revard current player base or the new one ? 

Because when someone new came here because he like this option and he realize that he need to spend 150+ hours playing this game while he has only few hours a week for it he will be disapointed.

But players that have level 113+ will be happy because ... what ? They have something not everyone has ? Give them some cool cosmetic revard instead.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheHansonGoons said:

To use your own point against you, why shouldn't they simply be allowed to have it from the beginning if it doesnt affect gameplay?

Or an even better question is WTF cant jason switch weapons on the fly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Well you know what is fun and good thing about Off-line bots....they never rage quit, the host doesn’t either.... and the XP is guaranteed.

and they will also be updated with the new engine upgrade making them more fun.

what isn’t fun is expecting to be given something you haven’t earned, worked for or put the time in.

Right! I totally forgot , they got a better AAAAAAIIIIII! (well that came out of nowhere). I agree that effort should be put in. Who does , will receive.

They are pretty fun right now , but only with a mix of online. It was pretty tedious leveling up 26 Level with no challenge. Especially at Level 100 that bar goes so slowly up. But it was definitely worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, silencedeffect said:

Different weapon reach imo

What does reach matter if only 1 in 75 hits makes contact?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ansi said:

But players that have level 113+ will be happy because ... what ? They have something not everyone has ? Give them some cool cosmetic revard instead.

We have plenty... That's the whole grind between 100 and 150... Oh and we get like 3 kills...

You do have a good point though. Any chance of this bringing in new players is completely diminished by the high level required.

BUT, we should be rewarded something for all the time we put in. This is a reasonable reward.

1 minute ago, F134Ever86 said:

What does reach matter if only 1 in 75 hits makes contact?

If you're only connecting 0.013% of the time, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. Hit detection isn't the best thing in this game, but if you're doing that bad you need to rethink your use of Jason's weapon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I get what you are saying but its inconsiderate of other players' lives. Not everyone can play more than a few hours a week. So it should take them a year before they are able to customoze what weapon they want to use? A long time for a silly feature. 

Of course it is inconsiderate, and I’m glad it is. I don’t believe that when developing a game they should consider player’s private lives. That would be silly. A good game should take months to complete. Why should they hand over everything to players without them actually having to earn them through gameplay? If you want this particular Jason perk, then work to unlock it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Or an even better question is WTF cant jason switch weapons on the fly?

Lmao you aren't wrong!! I always kind of wished he could pick up weapons in the environment as well. That would keep things much more organic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

 

what isn’t fun is expecting to be given something you haven’t earned, worked for or put the time in.

Stop saying leveling is something earned or worked for.  This makes ZERO sense.   

Considering most players have been robbed of 50-75% of their damn XP.  They have probably put in waaaay more hours then you.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Truth said:

We have plenty... That's the whole grind between 100 and 150... Oh and we get like 3 kills...

You do have a good point though. Any chance of this bringing in new players is completely diminished by the high level required.

BUT, we should be rewarded something for all the time we put in. This is a reasonable reward.

I know, you are right that you deserve something special but i see them market this like thing that you have from biginin and not end game goal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

. Infact i enjoy playing more without friends because i prefer the chaos.. 

 

Obviously you don’t, because part of that chaos is people quitting mid match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Truth said:

We have plenty... That's the whole grind between 100 and 150... Oh and we get like 3 kills...

You do have a good point though. Any chance of this bringing in new players is completely diminished by the high level required.

BUT, we should be rewarded something for all the time we put in. This is a reasonable reward.

If you're only connecting 0.013% of the time, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. Hit detection isn't the best thing in this game, but if you're doing that bad you need to rethink your use of Jason's weapon...

I was exaggerating but hit detection is kinda shyte. Who cant hit someone with a 3ft axe when theyre 2ft away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Does weapon swapping benefit jason from a gameplay perpective? Not likely. So whats the fuss?

It does in a way. As we have discuss in the past, Jason 6 weapon (the infamous spear) is terrible weapon in terms of hit detection. Being able to swap his weapon will be an improvement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Stop saying leveling is something earned or worked for.  This makes ZERO sense.   

Considering most players have been robbed of 50-75% of their damn XP.  They have probably put in waaaay more hours then you.

 

 

 

 

Stop expecting to be given something you haven’t earned, Or you can’t buy.

get to grinding instead of posting about not being able to use a feature that requires you to play the game and get things done to reward you with your “ so deserved XP.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×